Capital Oneover limit fees and lates fees

P

I have been a customer of Capital One for several years and every now and again I have had to call and let them know that they have charged my account a fee that really should not be charged.
This is happening more often, especially since the decline of the banking industry.
A late fee or over the limit fee will show up on my account every month and every month I have to call and reason with them that my account is not over the limit and that the payment they recieved showed up two weeks prior to the deadline.
Now, they are very reasonable about it, but it is becoming very frustrating when I have to call them every month and remind them that it is illegal for them to be charging fees under false pretenses.

I highly reccommend that people avoid credit cards all together, especially in such uncertain times. unfortunately, corporate America has betrayed us once again.

• Tr
    Trevor Jun 03, 2016

I requested a pay off amount from Capital One in December, then sent a check for the pay off amount. They quoted me a wrong pay off amount which was one month short, so we mailed in the last payment (again). Come January, we never received anymore statements. We assumed we paid off the loan, but we thought we should call 1 more time because they are sooo incompetent. Once again, they said we owned $117.53 left, and now we are 5 days late. I spoke with Miles, and he apologized and said they were late sending out statements and alot of people did not receive them. But don't worry, we do not report late payments to the credit burreau until you are 30 days late (even if it is their fault). So I said I am not hanging up until I pay off this loan. So I did a payoff over the phone with a check. He assured me I was now paid off. A week later I get another letter from Capital One now saying now I owe $122.68 this is dated a day before I made my $117.53 last payoff. Of course this does not balance. I then call Capital Ones Voice Jail and finally reach a representative and ask them what I show as a balance - it should be zero. He now states it is $34.31 which is the interest and late fee which has accrued. Will somebody PLEASE shoot me???!!! I now speak with Sonny, and try to explain what has happened. He now assures me that he will "put in a request" to have this zero'd out and I will owe nothing, and I should check back in about 15 - 20 days. You have to be kidding me !!!??? I will bet my next 2 paychecks, that this will NOT be resolved, and this will escalated to more late fees and then collections, and there is nothing I can do. All I want to do is pay off my #$#@^%$ loan? What has happened to corporate America today? I am ashamed to be an American, and my ancesters came over from the Mayflower. If I had the opportunity to leave...I would. I'm sick of this Country. Corporations steal from you, and our Government doesn't lift a finger to help out the average hardworking guy. Yes I am pissed. To no end. There should be a law against incompetent stupidity and file a class action suit against this Capital One for being the biggest abuser.

• Ka
    kad Jun 03, 2016

I am going thru the same thing. I paid them in full 12/08 then get a bill 1/09 showing interest for the month of 12/08 I called and was told I needed to pay this bill even though they got my payment before the due date. I talked to a supervisor because now it's 2 days before this due date. Told just make the $12.66 and they would zero it out. Yesterday I got a bill with a membership fee of $59.00 a late fee of $15.00 and an insurance charge of $.66. When I called some lady who did not talk english very well told me I needed to pay late and insurance - ???????? the bill show my payment what am i paying insurance on and i haven't used this card in a year. OMG i am so over it. I am contacting the TV station here they would love to deal with this.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices