Having problems with Capital One?

1800 481 3239 (USA and Canada)
+1 877 383 4802 (General Customer Service)
+1 800 227 4825 (Credit Card Accounts)
+1 800 867 0904 (Small Business Banking Products)
+1 888 810 4013 (Capital One Bank Products)
+1 800 289 1992 (Capital One 360 Products)
+1 800 946 0332 (Auto Financing)
+1 877 464 2151 (Home Loans)
+1 866 435 6299 (Home Equity)
+1 800 926 1000 (Personal Loan)
+1 855 780 5047 (Investing Products)
+44 800 952 5267 (United Kingdom)
+44 344 481 4814 (United Kingdom)
15000 Capital One Dr.
Richmond, Virginia
United States - VA23238

Complaints & Reviews

fraud and scam

I had been a customer of Capital One for quite sometime starting in 2000 and ending in 2004. The reason I...

switch scam

I requested a auto refinance loan and then I did not receive a denial, instead it was "referred" to Roadloans.com who charges 12% interest. I am guessing that Capital One gets a fee out of this, so maybe this is how the loan crisis began by turning people down who have good credit, so they pay a higher interest.

• Cl
    clearblue Dec 07, 2009

I just applied for a capitol one auto loan and I already have a loan with them on a previous car that is almost paid off. I am going to trade it in on another car. They refused the loan for no reason. They say they will send a letter. This is very disconcerting since I have an excellent credit rating with clearly enough income to qualify. I wish others would post if they too have excellent credit and have been refused a low rate used auto loan through Capital one auto finance. This is a totally different complaint but I am wondering if they are going to pull the switcheroo the person complained about above.

• Re
    reddfoxx Dec 21, 2009

I agree. This is the second time Capital One did it to me.
    They send me an email and they offer me a car loan or a car loan refinance.
    Then they decline my online application and an hour later I get an email "offer" form RoadLoans.
    Last time the RoadLoans called me and offered me some idiotic loan terms. I declined.
    I guess they will be calling me tomorrow offering me the same exact bologna.
    I have an average credit score close to 760 so I guess Capital One is playing some kind of a game here..
    Naughty bankers, naughty naughty..

• Ro
    roaddog44 Feb 25, 2010

This is insane ! and really funny at the same time ! ... same thing happened to me today, as described by reddffox . Applied on line to Capital One for a auto refinance. Credit is strong ... same thing ... would get their decision in 24 hours ... Boom .. one hour later 4:15 pm ( log that time in) I get the email from Cap One ... declining the loan ... they would send a letter ( why not an e-mail?) with reasons why they declined.
    Boom .. at 4:17 pm I get the Roadloans approval email.
    Now, folks, I admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer ... but get out of town .. even I know these guys are scamming. The funny thing is .. I would have thought somebody in the scam planning meeting, somebody with average intelligence would say ... na, they'll (the consumer) never go for this ! But, nnooooo, greed has these num_nuts blinded.
    OK, here's how they play the on line scam: Cap One sends the email out to a huge list ( some call it broadcasting) They're fishing ... Boom .. got one ...

At this point, it was never intended to run the loan through Cap One ... (I believe reddffox when he says he has excellent credit) they're using their image as a large financial institution to push good credit and OK credit people to RoadLoans. They get a commission (percentage) of the loan... even if it's less than the 4.34 they scam with ... they still don't have to carry the paper. Free Money !
    Think about it ... with all the spam that tries to get to you ... would you have responded to an unknown company like Roadloans ... filled out their application ... given them your fricken SS number ! NO ! No way .

Summary: Cap One and #1 Roadloans have a deal ... some where some how ... hey if they read this ... so, sue me.
    #2 They have covered up their tracks like a cat in a litter box. You couldn't find the connection any better than a blood hound with pepper up his nose.
    #3 It's a scam ... and hold the phone Millie ... even guys like me now know it !
    But, it doesn't matter ... even the internet can't stop them ... how many people will come to this web site ? To them(Cap One and Roadkill) it really doesn't matter .. they play the percentages .. so many get hooked ..so many get away ... ... it's all free money ... the Banking community put us in the recession ... and we bailed them out ... the same idiots that screwed things up the first time are now using our tax dollars to scam us ! Geez, only in the good old USA ... what a country ! ... I love it. Being hosed by your own banker ... now that's real message.
    Good Luck Friends ... we're still in the ground war and the bank idiots are our home grown IED's

• Js
    js163154 Dec 04, 2010

I agree this is B.S. for you guys with good credit. However roadloans is a reputable company and provides a good service to guys like me with less than perfect credit. I will say cap 1 is getting shady the dont wanna lend for anything anymore like all the big banks they got their bailout and their not sharing.

terrible policies and customer service

After owning a credit card with Capital One for nearly 3 years and paying down a credit line in excess of 5...

reimbursement for disputed charges

On Nov. 21, 2007, I purchased a round trip ticket through Expedia from RDU to HYS. My return flights on Dec. 11, 2008 were cancelled. Cancellations were weather related. Great Lakes Air and American Airlines (AA) re booked me with the same itinerary for the following day. However, the AA agent told me that because the initial leg of my flight on Dec. 1, 2007 was via United (RDU to ORD; ORD to MCI), United would have to issue the new ticket. I spent the remainder of the afternoon and a good part of the evening on the telephone trying to get this ticket issued. Out of frustration and desperation placed another call to Expedia. I explained to this agent that the first UA agent told me UA could not issue a ticket for another airline. Subsequent calls to Great Lakes, AA, and Expedia told me that under the circumstances UA could. Relaying this to the next UA agent I spoke with, he told me the ticket would have to be issued at a United counter and he could not help the fact there were none within hours of HYS. Although Great Lakes Airlines appears to be a United partner, this agent claimed Great Lakes could not issue the ticket (ultimately they did the following day and my itinerary says I flew United 5041, operated by Great Lakes Airlines). Conferring again with a Great Lakes agent, I was told they would accommodate me and fly me to DEN or MCI where there were UA counters (the agent confirmed I already held a reservation on their flight 5068 to MCI). Relaying this to the next UA agent I spoke with, he told me I did not hold a reservation on flight 5068, the flight was fully booked, but he could book me on a later flight. However, he was sorry to tell me I would not be able to make my connection on AA 4695, and I would have to be routed on other UA flights to RDU. I next called Great Lakes and their agent assured me I still held a reservation on flight 5068. It was at this time I called Expedia again and talked to an agent who was able to act as an intermediate, by simultaneously contacting a United agent. He told me United was not willing to accommodate me with the reservations I presently held because it was not in their financial interest. He told me United was willing to accommodate me with two itineraries, both with United as the carrier. I choose the one through DEN, even though the weather forecast was for freezing rain through the night. Safety, my disabilities, and recent surgery are another issue I won�t address; UA didn�t care and I wanted to get home. The Expedia agent relayed my choice to accept the flight through DEN to the United agent. I was told to check in at the Great Lakes' counter in HYS at least an hour prior to my flight.

I should have filed a complaint pursuant to my experience described above, but I had already expended considerable time and was content this ordeal was over, but in reality it had just started. When I received my Capitol One January statement, I noticed two charges on Dec. 11 to United, $649.90 and $15.00. This was the date my flights were cancelled; the day I was not even able to travel to the Hays airport. I never gave my credit card number to a United agent for these charges, nor authorized Expedia to do so (recall, the Expedia agent was my mediator; I never even talked to a United agent in finalizing my flights). I don't know how United was able to obtain my credit card number.

In addition to fraudulently charging my credit card, United Airlines violated the terms of their contract. Rule 240, section C 1 A in the United Airlines Contract of Carriage states that �UA will transport the passenger without stopover on its next flight on which space is available � at no additional cost to the passenger.�

Capital One violated the terms of their contract by not removing these fraudulent charges from my account. Initially their contention was the charges were legitimate because the service was provided (UA transported me on a flight). Subsequently, their contention is there was no fraud; I actually purchased two tickets with different itineraries and it�s inconsequential how UA obtained my credit card number or if the charges were made without my verbal or written authorization.

In trying to recover these charges, several contacts were made to UA:

1. There is an average waiting time of 30 minutes to speak to an agent

2. Agents have no authority, although you must tell every detail of complaint before being referred to a supervisor

3. Referrals to supervisors incur additional waiting time, or voice mail instructs consumer to leave phone number for return call

4. Return calls not usually received (I received only one after having left several messages)

5. All agents I spoke to in refund department with UA were difficult to understand because English is not their native language. Either my wife had to speak in my behalf, or we had to request another supervisor � more delays.

6. On March 7, 2008, via e-mail, UA issued an apology and offered me a $100.00 travel voucher on UA, but no additional refund or compensation for fraud or violation of contract

7. UA finally agreed to refund charges if I could provide proof flights of Dec. 11 had been cancelled. This information was provided by phone on March 11, 2008 by Great Lakes Air agent

8. On May 28, 2008 United only offered to refund an unspecified value of return portion of original ticket (original full round trip ticket was purchased for $554.20)

Having not received a refund, I disputed these charges with Capitol One because they were not authorized:

1. Pursuing dispute through Capitol One required at least fifty hours on phone and preparing and sending documents.

2. Every phone call requires navigating through several layers of automated menus, holding time, and frequent misdirected and dropped calls

3. There is no was to speak to the same agent after misdirected or disconnected calls, and the entire history has to be repeated each time (Capital One agents are prohibited to initiate outgoing calls)

4. Identical documentation and information was requested several different times

5. Although Capital One initially refunded these charges, following their �investigation� the charges were reinstated. In their analysis, the charges were not fraudulent even though documentation was provided substantiating I was using a previously purchased ticket in accordance with United Airlines Contract of Carriage

6. On May 28. 2008, after four hours of calls to several agents and departments, the individual agent I was speaking to at the time discovered I UA had actually issued a credit on May 6, 2008, but the credit had somehow gotten lost

7. This lost credit would take an additional seven to fourteen days to appear on my statement

8. My last balance on Capital One of $156.90 was due on June 20, 2008. If the credit was not found and applied to my account, I would be required to make a payment towards this balance

I have volumes of notes and documents, which I would be happy to provide in part or in full upon request.

penalties & finance charges despite payment in full

Last month, Capitol one stuck $64.68 of charges on my account, ostensibly because my payment was late. After I showed that my bank had made the payment on time, the charges were removed.

This month, however, I have a new charge of $9.56 because I paid the balance less the $64.68 (which was credited to my account before the due date.)

Today I had to listen to Tara and Shirley from Capitol One "Customer Service" tell me that a zero-balance isn't proof of payment in full...that I should have overpaid the account by $64.68 in order to avoid the $9.56 finance charge. What rubbish!

Let's do the math, too...assume for a minute that the erroneous charge of $64.68 was valid, 9.56/64.68 over 30 days amounts to %177 APR.

stolen card

My home was broken into in April - the thieves took and used my Capital One Credit Card and AOL Visa credit card to make gas purchases. I called Capital One and AOL Visa immediately. A fraud representative from Capital One told me she would be sending out fraud forms for me to complete and the amt of 106.00 would be removed from the card. It is July and I am still waiting for the fraud forms and the 106.00 dollars to credit to my acct. I have made numerous phone call regarding this matter- still with no results. The 106.00 balance is still being carried on the card. As soon as this matter is resolved I'm canceling this acct-never to return.

As far as AOL credit card- they resolved this matter in days!

• Je
    jenn Oct 15, 2008

I can relate. I reported my card so long ago I had to choose the option that says 'report your card as lost, missing or stolen'. Those options are probably separate now. Anyway, it vanished at a restaurant and I reported it promptly. I was told the typical (at that time) this and that about it - I wouldn't be responsible for fraudulent charges, I didn't need to report it to the bureaus, blah, blah, blah... I had done what I was supposed to do and the canceling and such of the account was going to be done on their end.

I found out years later that not only had the account never been canceled or whatever but also that it had been accumulating compounding fees and interest for all that time and that they never did report that I reported the card as stolen (even up to - literally - today). After several years they decided that they wanted a police report, which was not expected nor asked of me at the time and I obviously couldn't get after half a decade, not to mention a whole bunch of other things, when I hadn't even heard from them for years and my credit report with them showed as okay.

They have harassed my family relentlessly, calling up to 17 times a day- knowing that I don't live there and that they are calling a business number, not a home one. They finally stopped when my mother told them they had been and would continue to be reported every single day they did it and that she had no problem with suing them as well. This is about the time they decided to report all details of my "delinquent account" to the bureaus.

This card, I might add, had a balance of less than 5 dollars when this happened - that money was sent to them and they accepted it, had been payed on time the entire time I had it and payed at 95% of the total balance each time. I was trying to build credit since I had none. Needless to say, my credit is now hosed and I wouldn't be all too surprised if they've tried to get some kind of judgment against me without my knowledge.

[email protected] Oct 25, 2008

IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry! For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number. Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years. Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined. I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-crap" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities. What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card. Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what? Card is still declined and the phone goes dead!

credit card fraud

My name is Scott Wright. I am a victim of credit card fraud. A girl has gotten my information from my mail...

harrassing phone calls

I bought a car through a Capital One Auto Finance 2 & a half years ago. In good standing. A few months ago...

midleading and bad customer service

I have been a Cap One customer for years. In January I made a balance tranfer to my current APR which was 0%...

scam and cheating

I had decided to make use of my time overseas to improve my credit and started this credit card account. As I...

fraudulent activity

This company is terrible when it comes to customer service. You'd think that you could get someone on...

scam and cheating!

On monday October 1st 2007 I checked my checking account online normally as I do i see a balance of five...

they are corrupt

I was VERY dissatisfied with the way I was treated by the Capital One representatives with regard to some fraudulent charges on my credit card statement and I am very suspicious about the way they handle business. By the way, I am an excellent customer.

In November/December 2007, I received a call from Capital One stating that someone was attempting to make charges to my credit card from Hong Kong. My card was cancelled and a new card was issued. This was the first time anything like this ever happened to me. There were no suspicious charges on my current bill and I never really made it a habit to scrutinize my bills on a monthly basis since I have never had fraudulent charges appear before. So when I received my end of year SUMMARY from Capital One in January/February 2008, I noticed that there were three charges made to my credit card that I know nothing about. One was on May 1, 2007 for the amount of $21.40, one was on July 4, 2007 for the amount of $123.90, and one was on August 6, 2007 for the amount of $123.90, for a total amount of $269.20. I immediately made copies of the charges and sent a letter explaining the suspicious charges. On Friday, April 11, 2007 I was transferred and put on hold numerous times. More often than not you could not understand the people you are talking to. I spoke with Florine, Charine (ID XNZJ966), Elizabeth, John, and finally Rudy (ID FQK130) who told me that a credit would be issued, my credit card would be cancelled, and a new one sent out. On Saturday April 12, I called Capital One again, and discovered what Rudy told me was a lie. My credit card was not cancelled and the charges were not removed. Again, I was transferred numerous times, to Sergio (WWE444), Alan (OPG134) and Mohammed (LAE734). I have reason to believe the names and ID numbers are all fictitious b-c you could never track anyone down again once you hung up from them. Since nobody would help me and since this was the worst customer experience I have ever had, I told the last person I spoke with to cancel my credit card once and for all. But I am not done. I demanded credit for $269.20 for charges I did not make, and I wanted a letter of apology for the way I was treated from every person that transferred me and threw me back in Q. I intend on exposing Capital One and telling my story to as many people as possible and to shed light on the corrupt behavior of Capital One in an effort that it lessens the number of victims in the future.

A letter to the Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Banks at 1301 McKinney St Suite 3450 Houston, Texas 77010 quickly helped resolve my issue. I was issued a credit from Capital One.

scam and cheating!

I have finally paid off my full balance with my orchard bank account, i am in the process of paying off all my debt and I am almost done!!! I was told by the women that i spoke with that she can wave the late fee since i was paying off my balance in full... she told me to wait 4-6 days and the 30 dollar credit would be on there... well i checked my statement and it was never credited ...i know it is only 30 dollars... but no i keep getting emails saying they cannot do that... it is on my account agreement... i mean seriously why would i pay off the whole balance and not the 30 dollars if this is what i was told... i will be also contacting the BBB and all troubleshooters in colorado... this is the worst company ever and customer service sucks!!!

• Valerie Apr 28, 2008

I had a balance of 372.72 as of the 7th of April. On that date I paid the full amount and I saw no other transactions listed, and I have not used the card for months. I just received a wonderful statement that I owe 68.00 which included a 30.00 transaction fee/debits and a 30.00 late and finance fee. The 68.00 fee had a date of 4-03-08 and I paid the entire bill on 4-7-08. How could I have paid the balance after the 68.00 was supposed to have posted first and not have had that 68.00 reflected in the 372.72 balance. Will this ever end.

they call me several times a day

It's either Capital One Auto or Chase Auto. Out of about 100 calls one person told me and I'm not to sure which they said.

They call me several times a day, treat me with no respect. Don't answer my questions. They ask for someone I've never heard of before. They say they will remove me, it's been 2 months. A minimum of 4 calls a day. I ask for there supervisor and they don't connect me, they DISCONNECT me. I went along with them once just to find out who they are, cause they don't give any information. I am tired of being lied to, I am tired of hearing my phone ring at all hours of the day. I am tired of getting wakeup calls at 8am on a Sunday when it's my only day off! Sunday is a holy day and it should not be used for these *** people to call. Why don't they do there research to find out who they are calling and be polite rather then get angry. I am reporting them to the BBB and will file for harassment very soon. I would love to file a class-action lawsuit against them just for not having there facts straight.

• Li
    LINDA THOMPSON Jul 30, 2008

my tele-phone, rang every hour day and night, from capital one, even after i spoke to there rep. telling them my intents. The phone did not stop, even in church on sunday.. i asked that they please stop the frequent calling it continued.. I FELT LIKE TAKING A GUN AND SHOOT MYSELF, FROM THE HARASSING CALLS. tHEY MAKE ME FEEL HELPLESS. I AM VERY IUNCOMFORTABE WITH THIS SITUATION, I AM A STRUGGLING WORKING WOMEN, AND HAVING VERY BAD FINANACIAL PROBLEMS, AND ADDED THESE CONSTANT THREATS, IIS CAUSING ILLNESS.mY PRAYERS IS TO BE DONE WITH THIS COMPANY. I HIGHLY SUGGEST NO ONE EVER CONSIDER DURING BUSINESS WITH CAPITAL ONE AUTO LOAN, EVER THEY ARE LIKE LONG-SHARK . THANKS

• Lo
    Lonnie Oct 08, 2008

I will join in ANYONE who wants to do a class action suit against this company!! They are the worst. We got behind due to some major medical issues, tried to keep them in the loop and paid what we could. They call and call and call..never leaving a message. Never any correspondence in writing. Next thing ya know they are coming to take the car by wat of repossession. They NEVER contavted me that this was the case, just came for the car in the middle of the night. This comapny needs to be stopped..Anyone have any similar problems???

• Ag
    aguy Oct 20, 2008

It is unfortunate that you had medical issues within your life. The truth is, although times are hard, the clock keeps ticking. If you're not making your regular payments and just doing partial payments the loan will advance in days. Even if your informing them of what's going on, you have a financial obligation. Upon signing the contract, you agreed to making your payments on a certain date. Ideally companies do not owe you any type of extensions, you're the one who owes them (their money.) It is in the best intrest of the company to come retreive the vehicle from you. After all, they do own it.

• Fr
    Frustrated May 12, 2009

I feel the exact same way about capital one They even called me on Mothers Day. These people have no rules. I am online now trying to find out what are my rights as a consumer. If anyone file a class action suit I am on board.

• Ld
    ldabney50 Jul 14, 2009

I agree with your comments about capitol one I have been laid off, and they won't let me have a couple months to catch up the payment, which is less than 700.00 total a repo man has came 2 times to the house I told him nicely, you are not going to take my car we are job hunting and going to school. I have wrote them letters stateing my case.They are not user friendly at all. I had to change my number and get it unlisted so they will stop calling.
    change your number its worth the cost. we plan on paying the loan off as soon as we can.
    I have more than 2 years invested in this car. Lmd

• Kr
    kristine v Jun 30, 2010

Capital One is out of control!!! i have had a loan with Capital One for 16 months and have never been 30 days late. I have a grace period of 8 days, they start calling me three days into my grace period. Day and night starting 8am to 9pm! this is harrassment!!! especially on Sunday on my cell at Church. i have spoken to them saying it is set up on my on line banking for a certain day and an hour later i get another call, now im so mad im yelling at them then an hour later i get a call with someone on the other end just breathing, and my response is put your supervisor on and i get hung up on!!! 8:30 pm just as im putting my children to bed how frustrating. Any helpful tips would be appreciated on how to legally stop these BEASTS who get paid and with a ton of interest.

terrible customer service!

Back in September, 2007, a charge appeared on my Capital One credit card statement dated 9/19/07 which I felt...

how to handle the phone calls!

If you are reading this, it is probably because you don't want to be called by these people again. You may be late in payment and that is why they call you. They act like they know you and say (for example) "John? John Smith? Hello?" on an answering machine or if you actually pick it up, they sometimes do not speak and they hang up or they will get rude with you. And this can, and most of the times will, happen SEVERAL times within just one day!

Well one thing some fear would be to get a machine that you can hook up to your phone to record the phone calls and simply tell them at the beginning of the phone call "I will be recording this conversation" because by law you MUST tell them you are recording it if you are. But, who's to say you aren't really recording it but tell them you are? *hint hint* Most of the time it freaks them out and they won't want to talk so they hang up!

If that doesn't budge them, simply state that under the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) it is illegal to be calling several times a day and you will be reporting them if it continues to go on. And under Section 5:7 it states "A debt collector may not engage in any conduct the natural consequence of which is to harass, oppress, or abuse any person in connection with the collection of a debt. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section:... Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number."

Just thought to help, I was able to get them to stop calling and keep us off of any "list" they have.

Goodluck to you all!

deceptive practices!

On January 8, 2008 I got a new credit card from Capital One, taking advantage of advertised offer of 5.99% for life. I promptly transferred $7,500.00 worth of other debt to this card. I set up payment via the web. I paid $250.00 on January 22nd, in advance of the first billing, which I HAVE NEVER received). I have attempted to make a second payment (still having received no statements) but the account is locked on line and I am unable to make a payment.

After reading literally hundreds of complaints against this credit card and bank, I now realize they are VIPERS and certainly up to no good. If I had adequate funds I would promptly pay off this card and take out ads stating my opinion of their obviously underhanded activity.

I would LOVE to join any class action suit against Capital One and their credit card practices. I suspect they are going to be giving me a lot of grief over the next few months. I would also love to sue individually, but at this time I don’t think I can afford such a lawsuit.

• Tr
    Tracey Strong Feb 11, 2008

This company is awful, they got a lawyer and are garnishing my wages now because i couldnt pay them what they wanted and never even gave me any notice of garnishment and i had to call the courts myself to see who it was and what it was about. I always thought that you had to go to court to get a judgment filed against you, i was wrong i guess??? This company is horrible and downright dirty and i would never suggest anyone getting a card from them.

[email protected] Oct 25, 2008

refusing to goto arbitration!

Capital One Auto Finance stated 12/07/2007 via UPS they will refuse any arbitration of any kind this is a direct violation of the FAA act of 1921 I filed arbitration claims against them 4 times 3 times with the National Arbitration Forum file# MX0711002018527 The reasons are the following

1). I have been mailing my Car Payments Certified Return Receipt and they are claiming this is in Debt Collections I have made over 2 years of Car Payments 205.35 at 19.99 percent even though my credit score the past three years is over 650 meaning the rate should have been 10.178 percent

2). I bought the car through Tacoma Auto center and they had this listed under WFS and or Onyx I was not aware that this was a subdivision of Capital One Auto finance if I knew this I would have walked out.

3). The Contract is Notarized and Apostilled.

4). The affidavit is Notarized and Apostilled arbitration.

Capital One claims there is no arbitration clause so when I have any more Financial deals please exclude any offers from Capital One divisions subdivisions. If I buy a New or Used Car Please exclude Capital One they are unfair in their dealings.

terrible service!

In 8/2006 I bought a statue for $4,000. The comp. Elliot in new jersey, delivered damaged. I refused it. They promised me new one I never got it. I called capital one on 9/15/2006 to get my money back. Well this went back and forth for 3 months with me and elliots inc. Elliots won. They have money and statue. Capital one wants me to pay for it. I told them no way. I don't have statue. Tsys called me from 3/2007 to 8/2007 when I sent mt lawyer after them. Capital one hired them. Tsys claimed they where legal serves for

Capital one. They said they would sue me and called me every day. At least I have every ones names times and recordings and documented calls.

• Re
    Renee in Ohio Jan 05, 2008

I don't recommend getting a Capital One credit card. Capital One Bank’s has structured their credit card business to extract excessive finance charges and late fees from their customers. This strategy should be exposed, to protect customers. Here is my experience:

1. Capital One restricted me to an unbelievably low credit limit of $2,000 even though my credit history has always been flawless. I realize that this is their prerogative, but no other credit company I have ever dealt with discounts prior credit history. This strategy makes it easy for customers to exceed the credit limit.

2. Capital One’s website does not accept early payments. At Capital One, early payments can only be made over the phone, for which a $10 fee is assessed. When I made an early payment over the phone to avoid exceeding my credit limit, their computer system flagged my early payment as "suspicious activity” even though my payment was immediately and successfully drafted from my bank. Even worse: my credit account was not credited with this payment until one week later after I called and complained to four people in Customer Service. Holding my money because I paid early is a strategy that should be against the law.

3. Capital One’s notified me that electronic funds transfer from my checking account would begin on December 4th . On my statement that was due on December 4th was printed the following information:

“Capital One’s automatic payment service is in effect for your account…. As requested, the New Balance shown on this statement will be debited directly from your designated bank account on your Payment Due Date. You do not need to send a separate payment….”

My bank account was NOT automatically debited on December 4th, and finance charges of $11.88 as well as a late payment fee of $39 were imposed. I was $70 away from reaching my credit limit. I had to call a customer service representative to have the problem corrected.

4. After just the ONE late payment above (which was THEIR fault), Capital One’s website threatened me (in bold, red text) that the national credit bureaus would be notified of my delinquent activity if it continued. I can only imagine how much trouble it would be to have to correct my credit report if it had been wrongfully tarnished.

5. Capital One inquires against your credit report every month, looking for any delinquent activity on any account you have. They have the option of raising your interest rates if they find anything they deem unacceptable to them.

I hope this helps someone!

• Cr
    Craig Bullim Jan 19, 2008

File in small claims court. Bring PAPER proof: contracts, communications, transactions

• Cr
    Craig Bullim Jan 19, 2008

deranged rambling isn't proof

• Na
    Nada Dana Jun 30, 2009

To Micky, from reading your post, that was an issue with you and your merchant. That's like borrowing money from your mom to buy something from a store but then when you don't want what you bought you ask your mom for money?? makes no sense I'm sorry. Think about it. With credit you actually borrow money from the bank when you purchase something, so if you don't like the purchase do you go back to the person who lent you the money... I don't think so!

• Ba
    BANK DRAMA Mar 24, 2010

CAPITAL ONE IN NY IS THE WORST...I BELONG TO THE NJ BRANCE BUT I WENT TO THE BRANCH I NY BECAUSE ITS CLOSE TO MY OFFICE...I REQUESTED A NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER BECAUSE OF 2 AMOUNTS I DID NOT RECOGNIZE...THEY ISSUED ME A NEW NUMBER.. DID NOT CLOSE THE OLD NUMBER...FIRST PROBLEM.

THEY TELL ME AND GET SNOTTY WITH ME THAT THE AMOUNT I HAVE IN THE ACCOUNT IS $1, 853..I SAID TO THE MANAGER AT LEAST 16 TIMES ARE YOU SURE BECAUSE IT DOESN''T SOUND RIGHT...THEY SO NO NO THAT'S THE RIGHT BALANCE...

I PAY 2 BILLS...6 DAYS LATER THEY CALL AND SAY YOU MUST COME TO THE BRANCE ASAP!!!
    I RUN TO THE BRANCH AND THEY SAY YET SNOTTY AGAIN...THAT WAS NOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT
    IN THE CHECKING ACCOUNT YOUR NOW OVERDRAWN BECAUSE YOU SPENT THE MONEY..I SAID WHATTTTT I ASKED YOU 16 TIMES WHAT THE AMOUNT WAS AND YOU SAID $1853...OF COURSE THEY DID NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ERROR...PROBLEM IS THEY ARE IN A RUSH ALL THE TIME, THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH AND DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBLILITY... I KEPT SAYING THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT AMOUNT..AND THE BRANCH MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL SAID IT WAS THE RIGHT AMOUNT...

TD BANK IS THE BEST..NO DRAMA AND ALL IS ACCURATE...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices