Having problems with Capital One?

Capital One Customer Service Contacts

1800 481 3239 (USA and Canada)
+1 877 383 4802 (General Customer Service)
+1 800 227 4825 (Credit Card Accounts)
+1 800 867 0904 (Small Business Banking Products)
+1 888 810 4013 (Capital One Bank Products)
+1 800 289 1992 (Capital One 360 Products)
+1 800 946 0332 (Auto Financing)
+1 877 464 2151 (Home Loans)
+1 866 435 6299 (Home Equity)
+1 800 926 1000 (Personal Loan)
+1 855 780 5047 (Investing Products)
+44 800 952 5267 (United Kingdom)
+44 344 481 4814 (United Kingdom)
15000 Capital One Dr.

Card Services

P.O. Box 5283, Nottingham, NG2 9HD

Sending a Cheque
P.O. Box 1000, Camberley, GU15 3ZQ

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Capital One Customer Service. Initial Capital One complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Capital One above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Capital One. Discuss the issues you have had with Capital One and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Orchard Bank Visa Cardexpress payment fee

I went on-line to pay my Orchard Bank Credit card bill on 12/31/09. The payment is due on Jan 3rd. When doing so, I got a "pop-up" message that stated that the soonest my payment would be applied would be Jan 4th !!! How can that be when I paid it online on 12/31??? So I was informed that I would need to make an Express Payment that incurred an additional fee of $12.95 or I would be assessed "late charges" of $30.00 This credit card company is absolutely the WORST !!! I am complaining to the Better Business Bureau and every other agency I can think of. STAY AWAY FROM ORCHARD BANK !!!

Capital Onehidden finance charges and automatic overlimit fees

I am getting tired of Capital One playing their stupid little game called Monopoly and also the game called Life. I cannot get ahead with paying off my credit card payments and keep me in debt. I think the credit card company being outsourced to foreigners make it hard times for America. I cannot keep up with their unknown finance charges and put over limit fees right in front of them without my knowledge. I hope things will improve with this company cause I getting tired of playing games with them, its like playing the lottery and I am not winning anything. I need this extra money to keep the food in the fridge and to take care my own needs. But with Capital One they are just being nothing but a very sneaky bank. of India. Capital One, Thanks for ringing in the New Year with a high finance charge and over limit fee. Greed!!

Capital Onesending junk mail

I opened a business this year and registered with my state agencies, of course ALL of the banks and other guys looking to get me to give them MY business are sending me all kinds of postal mail - SO MUCH JUNK MAIL that i decided to do something about it.

I called Capitol One and told the operator who answered to take me off the list - she wanted to play a game and just gave me the runaround NEVER ONCE did she acknowledge when I told her that it was my right to be able to call and request removal. they are still sending me junk mail.

Now, even if I ever do need a business bank/credit card you can rest assured I will NOT be doing business with Capital One!! Not now, not ever!

In fact, i'd rather PAY higher fees at another bank JUST TO PROVE my point.

Capital One YOU GUYS SUCK!

Capital One — nsf charges

I checked my account balance on December 14th at 2pm. It said I had a little over $3 in the account. Later...

Capital One Credit Carddo not believe their promotional rate!

About a year ago (late 2007), Capital One offered an incredible 0.00% interest rate (with 3% transfer fee) until January 2010. This was unheard of. And Capital One is Capital One -- a supposedly reputable company (based on their ads on TV, I guess).

This past month in November, I paid off the entire balance ($20, 000) -- 2 months before the deadline. Guess what. The December statement shows that there is $150 of finance charge!

I phoned the 1-800 number, and the customer representatives are in Costa Rica and India, all speaking with an unusal accent, with really bad (satellite) connections. (There wasn't even "Your call will be monitored for training purposes" recording.) I had to phone four times and repeated the same story.

Guess what? One annoyed customer respresentative said that the promotional rate was good only through 11/09, the last month. When I told her that I have a document that shows the rate was good through 01/10, she said she would transfer me to an account specialist.

The transfer to an account specialist never happened because the connection got disconnected.

I tried again twice more with the same scenario of the transfer being disconnected (supposedly) because of bad connections!

What a bad business practice!

What contempt they have for common people!

Capital Onemisleading apr on transfers

I have been a Capital One card holder for many years and usually pay my balance in full every month. I had a $3, 000 balance remaining on a home equity line of credit through another company that was expiring. Rather than pull the money out of savings I decided to take advantage of the promotion to transfer the balance at an APR of 1.99% for the first six months knowing that I could pay it off within that time period.

I paid my purchases in full on the next statement plus $300 toward the Special Transaction. When my next bill came the Finance Charges were itemized showing the 1.99% for the Special Transaction and 10.90% applied to the balance. When questioned, the Cap One representative stated that my payments would be allocated to the lowest rate first leaving me to pay a Finance Charge on purchases that I thought I had paid in full! Supposedly this is explained in the fine print at the end of my statement but I can't find it and I did ask about this specifically before I made the transfer. I feel that if the finance charges can be allocated on the statement then the payment should be as well otherwise the consumer is not being charged the 1.99% but rather a MUCH higher aggregate rate. This is just plain false advertising.

• 19
              1919 Nov 01, 2012

I bought a new vehicle with Capital One Auto. My (APR.) rate is crazy, outrageous..RIDULOUS and affect my health from lack of sleep.
              I did not receive the APR rate in the contract prior to the purchase of my Automobile… I would have never agreed to this loan. As of yet I have NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT AND PAYING ON TIME.. but is TOO high. I have a financial Institution that I have been Banking with for 18 years and their Auto loan APR is 4 to 4.4%.. and if they have to increase it usually 11%.. MY APR with Capital One is 22.37% DOUBLE… My new Car only listed for $13, 000 my payment Original amount with Capital one is $22, 871.82… I bought the car in May 2012.., my payments is $579.71 a month… I have paid (5) payments already which is $ 2898.75 …. My CURRENT pay off is STILL!!! $21, 946.90.. I have a 2012 Chevy CRUZE not a MERCEDES, or LEXUS or RANGE ROVER a CHEVY!!! Because of the interest rate ( I only paid $952.45) toward the actual loan of the car my year interest is a whopping ($1, 973.63) for crying out LOUD!! I am not rich yet!! Capital One is ripping me off… Please help me decrease this APR … out let me return this car without effecting my credit. Of course like everyone else I have contact Capital One to no avail… It not like I am behind… I have been taken by this Company… I have heard this from other Financial Institution. Maybe I should put this on FACEBOOK, and YOUTUBE and let it go viral SO.. no other SENIOR Citizen Will be RIPPED OFF, by Capital One Auto Finance, California
              When the contract was signed the finance charges were not indicated to me.. either covered with other documents I was signing at the time. It was not explained to me 22.5% or higher interest rate.. I was rushed to sign the papers and the 22% was not disclosed to me. I will find other consumers who are in the same position with Capital One. What makes you think any other company with refinance this loan.. WHEN CAPITAL ONE DOES NOT REFINANCE ITS ON LOAN BECAUSE OF THIS OUTRAGEOUE INTEREST RATE... I will contact all the WEb site of the News Media and Clark Howell until I receive justice on this ourageous interest rate.. When I or should I say by the time I realize I had been taken I reveiwed the The extense of the loan of 72 months I would have PAID
              $41, 000.00 or more for this car that's list for $ 12, 000 - $18, 000. THAT IS DOUBLE WHAT IT IS WORTH.. I HAVE PAID EVERY PAYMENT ON TIME.. BUT THIS LOAN AND INTEREST RATE WAS GIVE TO SOMEONE WHO JUST CAME OUT OF HARDSHIP... SON HAVING A STROKE AND LOST OF JOB. TRYING TO RE-STABLISH MY CREDIT... THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE, , , CAPITAL ONE TARGETS... ONE THAT'S TRYING TO GET BACK ON THEIR FEET.. if the BBB can just post all of this information other will be aware of the CAPITAL ONE SYSTEM... They are worst that the CRagList... TAKER.
              to the BBB I will not accept this offer.

Capital Onedishonest business practices

Like most other credit card holders my interest was increased; actually it was nearly tripled. Now Capital One refuses to authorize payment about every six transactions with no notification or explanation other than "potential fraud".
            I have never had an instance of credit card fraud with Capital One, never been late or missed a payment. I've had a few disputed charges; all wound up in my favor. With a credit limit over $15, 000, I have paid thousands of dollars in interest over the twenty years or so I've had this card.
            Where does Capital One find reason to subject me to the inconvenience and embarrassment of having my credit card denied out of all this? And they got taxpayer money; including mine, to help them finance this scam?
            This country is going down in a big way. The government, arm in arm with these financial institutions is destroying America. Forget Al Qaeda; it's Congress we need to worry about.

Capital One Credit Cardfraudulent activity

I got a letter from Citibank about going up on my interest and they were closing my MC account after it is paid out (I have perfect credit with them). I decided to get a Capital One card and close the MC account. I decided to transfer my MC balance to Capital One at a lower interest rate. After making that mistake and realizing after reading how horrible Capital One is to do business with, I decided I would not activate the card when I got it. Get this: They transferred the balance from my MC account BEFORE I even got the card or activated it PLUS they transferred a larger amount than was even owed on the MC account. I am one angry gal.

Capital Onebig scam

Capital One Mastercard - Capital One Pre-paid MasterCard is a BIG scam. The whole premise it that they have incorporated new "security measures" to "protect me" from fraud. All their "security measures" are is a way to use customers' hard earned money interest free for 30-60 days while customers wait and wait and wait for the card to arrive. By running this delay tactic scam they can have millions in a floating reserve at all time that they are collectively earning big bucks on.

I got the card to buy my plane ticket home for Christmas, but with this effing rip off scam by Capital One, my card won't even arrive till AFTER Christmas. So in the past month I am suffering with the inconvenience of having no card, meaning I missed out on all the reasonably proceed airline tickets for Christmas, so that will cost me a few hundred more and Capital One has made money off the fact. So they probably made $7 so far and cost me hundreds and a lot of frustrations. Corporate Effing Crooks! Avoid these crooks like the plague.

Here's the timeline of my ongoing "quick and easy approval":

I "applied" for the card 2 months ago. I received an "approval" 3 weeks later. (Like you need an approval since it's pre-paid). I was told my card would arrive within 10 business days of receiving a money order for what ever amount I'd like to prepay on the card. I sent in a money order for $500. 2 weeks later I call in since its been 10 days. So friggin' ### gives me the "Congratulations you've been approved" schpeal for idiots again. I sent them $500 and they are kind enough to say I can actually spend it. What a bunch of condescending dicks! The duffus tells me the card will be arriving any day. 1 week later a letter arrives, but instead of a credit card so I can buy my plane ticket, it get a crap load of paper with convoluted instructions about going to the post office to present ID and have the post office mail copies of it cak to Capital One by registered mail. Then Capital One Mastercard is supposed to review it and get around to sending out my actual card eventually. OK. B-effing-S on this. If they would just mail the card to the postal outlet in the first place and have me flash ID there, I could be picking up the card instead of playing stall tactics with my pre-paid money.

• Oa
                    Oan123 Apr 16, 2013

I totally agree - everything about BIG-SCAM is true - that is their business, I have been waiting for 2 moths while i sent a security deposit, these guys are experts in fraud and scam. Please stay away from them. It's amazing I'm reading a post of something I am experiencing, exactly was mentioned - what a fraud.

Capital Oneshady practices

Please see this review on Yelp (search for Capital One in McLean, VA) and contribute there!

Capital One uses some shady tactics. I've noticed an uptick in complaints on consumer advocacy sites. I don't know the law but, at best, they're skirting that line. Even if what they're doing is not illegal, it is at least immoral and annoying to customers. While I will look into class actions for patterns that emerge here, we still have a recourse as customers to simply walk with our feet and to get as many people as possible not to become a customer.

Remember that "No Hassle" card with "fixed" rates they teased in front of you when times were good? Well, it should've been branded the "Capital One No Hassle (when it's convenient for us) and Full Hassle (when we need to) Card."

Apparently, they just have to send a tri-folded piece of cheap paper self-mailer (all the more easy to ignore) that says, "We're upping your rate and if you don't like it, decline it and you can pay off your balance under your old terms." What they bank on is that it gets lost in the shuffle and you neglect to decline the new terms. Oh yeah - you have to do it in WRITING. With a STAMP and the POST OFFICE. Why? That's to make it as hard as possible. That's the same reason most rebates have to be mailed in. Legal? Probably. Should we ever trust a "fixed" rate again? Never. They can, at will, send a letter and change the terms of the agreement. Of course people don't think of that when they sign up for a new credit card.

Remember those 0% fixed for the life of the balance teasers? For one of my accounts, I caught the "we're changing your interest rate" letter and sent one back saying, "No thanks - I'm just going to pay off my balance under the original terms." Guess what they do? They double, triple the minimum payment. Pretty slick, right? Again, probably legal, but definitely immoral. 0% interest, but they can make you pay it back really fast.

Back to the "we're changing your interest rate" letter that I didn't catch. Well, I didn't catch it because it was an account I never used. But since the credit crunch started, I dug it up again because it was a "low, fixed" rate and started using it. For months, my empty statements still said 6.9% on it. Once I started using it, my rate hit 16%. And I only know that *after* I get my bill, *after* I've made the decision to use the card under the assumption that I'm paying just 6.9%. Again, legal? Maybe. Immoral, yes.

Yep, there's more. I was late by one day on several consecutive payments. Why? Not because I'm irresponsible - I put the due date in my Google Calendar and set a reminder that texts and emails me. What they do is they change the due date randomly each month in hopes that you miss a few and they can rack up the late fees. Nope, it's not "every 9th of the month but if it's a weekend, it's Monday or Friday adjacent to it." It's not every 4 weeks. It's not anything like that. They even admitted as much when I called to ask what the logic was. So, instead of the very easy thing to program, "Albie L has to pay every 9th of the month, " they go out of their way to program into the system, "Albie L has to pay every (9+random number)th of the month" JUST to ***.

I understand that times are tough. And maybe Capital One is just fighting for survival. Fine. But they made the choice to screw their customers and I hope that we've got long enough memories to stay away when times get good again. i.e., don't become a Capital One customer once the dust clears and they start offering low rates, etc. You WILL be screwed if and when the *** hits the fan.

Stick with a small, local credit union. Even though my interest rate at Affinity Federal Credit Union was 9.9% during good times, it's *still* 9.9% today. No teasing. No changing rates. No changing due dates. Just good, honest, business.

Ann Writer Oct 30, 2011

This company can be stopped. They are not invincible! If disgruntled customers go on Sixty Minutes.

Capital Oneworst company ever!!!

Here is the exact explanation I sent to the better business bureau upon filing my complaint, I don't mind sharing (And I urge you to file a complaint with them by going to WWW.BBB.ORG):

To preface the current issue, I must say that I was laid-off in kentucky, therefore I had to re-locate to florida where I was unable to find work for two to three months.in this time I was unemployed I was unable to make payments on my capital one credit card, which even at that time was under a closed account. I had already cut up and disposed of my credit card.

So, as I am not the only one this has happened to, my interest rate skyrocketed to 29.99%, and unfortunately, presently, that is the least of my worries. Though a sufficient problem, I cannot comprehend the entire ordeal this company has put me through.

In the process of finding a job, acquiring one, and saving my money accordingly to pay my bills and get things situated, capital one was calling me every day, all day, sometimes up to 15 times a day. Even on sundays. That is harassment by any means. They would ask inappropriate questions to the effect of, "why did you lose your job?", "how long have you been out of work?", "do you plan on getting a job sometime soon?", "do you have any plans to work in the future?", "are there other family members who can pay your bills?"

They even tried to contact my parents in kentucky, and when they wouldn't answer the phone, they began calling numbers of the addresses on their street asking neighbors if they'd seen my parents at the house. That is beyond harassment, that is extreme stalking. Inappropriate behavior that is inexcusable for no one.

I had explained to numerous capital one employees to cease the calls and they retorted that I must begin making payments for the calls to stop. I again said I would call them when I had enough money to keep up with monthly payments. My first call to set things right again was on june 29, 2009 in which I asked them when my next payment was scheduled to be due. According the the person in which I was speaking to it would be due the 14th of july. I have bank statements to prove that I made a $69 payment on july 14, 2009. I recorded the id of the employee who took that over-the-phone payment: nfv122. Please note, because my account is "delinquent" I am denied access to my online account. I do not receive paper statements anymore and they will not allow anyone to change the email on that account to my current one. So I no longer can receive, nor ever have, received online statements through email. Needless to say, I am completely in the dark and cannot view my statements at all.

I called between that july 14th payment and my next scheduled payment in august because I wanted to inquire about getting on some form of a debt liquidation program. They flat out told me they offered no such service. I explained to them the other credit card company I dealt with offered me not only an incredible program where I have fixed payments, 0.00% interest and no more fees of anything whatsoever, they also offered me sympathy. They were and continue to be supportive and reasonable in my determination to eliminate my debt.

Capital one offered nothing more than extremely less than poor customer service. I finally get on the phone with an employee who I felt possibly, truly was trying to help me. She said there was a loose "3-month" program where they would basically take my "past-due fees" and divvy them up into three equal payments. Then, after three months my account would be brought current and I could begin making regular payments again. She asked if i'd like to receive a letter stating those specific dates and the amount due and I gladly said yes. The dates were as follows:

Payment 1 - august 20, 2009 $105.67
                    Payment 2 - september 20, 2009 $105.67
                    Payment 3 - october 20, 2009 $105.67

Here is where it starts getting really tricky. I have on record my first payment was made on august 17, 2009 in the amount of $105.67, and I was proud, feeling as if finally, I was getting back on track.
                    So, next month comes around and I had money earlier than expected and decided to pay early, again, feeling accomplished. I call to make "payment 2" in the amount of $105.67 on september 3, 2009. That is 17 days before their expressed due date in the letter I received in the mail. The employee (Id: ucx826) explains to me that I received a late fee in the amount of $39.99 for my previous month's payment. Her reason was, they told me it was due on the 17th, not the 20th. I asked why? How was that possible when I received a letter clearly showing august 20th was my due date. Employee ucx826 proceeds to say to the effect, "i'm sorry, it was late. Your bill was due the 17th." well, regardless of this first blatant lie, if they're now telling me over the phone it was due the 17th, it was still paid on the 17th. So 20th? 17th? Who cares at this point, it was still on time. I ask this employee to see that which is the truth and fix the problem, thus waiving the fee. She relented, after about 45 minutes on the phone. She asks if she could help me with anything else and I said yes, I would like to go ahead and pay september's bill early. She accepts my payment, 17 days early, and thus tells me I would need to call back next month and have my late fee waived! She flat out told me I was going to be charged $39.99 again for paying two and a half weeks early!

By this point, as I dearly hope you understand, I was fed up. To say the least.

October. Now it's time for the "third installment" of my payments. I call once again, on october 17th (Just to be sure of course!) that even though it technically, by written letter, wasn't due until the 20th, I was paying on the 17th, just to cover myself. I made the "last" payment of $105.67 and I asked if I had received the "i-paid-early-so-i-get-a-late-fee-anyway" late fee and the employee said, "no." I did not take this employees id because I thought everything was settled.

It is now november. I called yesterday to find out where I stood with my balance. I was told it was $2, 234 - which basically, is around the same amount it was before I made that first payment of $69 back in july! Now granted, I understand with a virtual 30% interest rate, and my account being past-due, this could very well be a legitmate reason for me not having made any break in my balance. But, I was told those "three payments" would bring me back into current status and everything would be fine. I was told yesterday, I owed $314 and then my account would be current. I said no way, I was taking further action and would not pay them until certain conditions on my end were met.

So here I am, better business bureau. I'd greatly appreciate your help in this matter. I hope to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I would absolutely love to pay off capital one in the amount that I have borrowed from them. My conditions are as follows:

They allow me to view every statement on that account since the time it was closed, they waive every fee that brought me into overdraft, which caused overdraft fees, late fees, and anything else which is causing my account to be past-due. I want them to lower my interest rate to something reasonable, in the range of 6-9% and once these conditions are met, I will continue to make payments. I do not want any money from this company, all I want is a payment plan that makes sense, that is reasonable and something that doesn't waste my hard earned cash.

Even after writing and explaining most of this situation, I cannot verbally express my absolute and utter dissatisfaction with capital one. I vow to never, in any way, do business with this company again. I should not be punished for something that was out of my control and something I am making a very notable and dedicated effort to correcting. I feel that every time I correspond with them, they make a mockery of me, they insult my intelligence and I want them to know that I will not take it anymore. They have lied, stolen and cheated me. I want it to stop. And I want to fairly pay back the $2, 000+ I owe to them, and be done with it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
                    J. J. Ross

JohnAct Nov 22, 2009

LESLIE CHARLES GILROY (corrupt cop)
                        in company with
                        LLOYD STEPHEN GANZERLA
                        BELINDA JANE GANZERLA
                        EUGENE CLEVELAND GANZERLA
                        TRACEY ANNE GANZERLA
                        and others, robbed my wife and I
                        See the whole story here

Capital One Auto Finance — hired a repo company that acts like an private investigator

Capital One hired a company called Camping Companies, Inc to steal my car. This company acts like a...

Capital One Bank Et. AL.atm fraud

When looking for account balance on atms they are designed to misrepresent the balance and then charge you for overdrafts.
                      Paying online a bill for time warner is approved by the bank and leads you to believe approval means it is deducted from your balance, it is not. It is only deducted when the company posts the bill with the bank which can be a week later even though they threaten to turn your service off the day you pay your bill. Which again creates the supposition that the transaction has to be immediate.
                      Then you may proceed to use your atm card with the balance without the amount paid to time warner. Beong careful not to go over you still do when the bill is finally posted. You are then charged 35. Oo dollars for an 8.25 purchase, a 12.00 purchase for food!! Watching the account closely not to over draft a fraudulent balance misrepresented by the bank when the time warner bill is posted you are charged for 5 over drafts od 35.00 apiece plus the bill putting you in 500. Oo or more dollars minus! Ifeel this is terribly misleading and when the bills are o. K. D by the bank they should be withdrawn from the account

Capital Onefraud & deception

In January 2008, I transfered a balance to Capital One because their offer was good - 0% for the life of the balance transfer. Things were fine with them until 2 months ago when they decided to raise my interest from 0% to 19.8%.

When i called to complain, I was first told that it was an error and they would fix it. When I called back to verify 10 days later, they told me that the 0% for Life never existed and that my offer was for 12 months.

i called again. The next person said that my offer was actually for 18 months. When i called again, they said the offer was for 6 months and that i should be happy i received 0% for 20 months.

A very long story made short, they will not honor the 0% anymore and unless i can prove that i had 0% for life, i am screwed - now accruing 19.8% interest.

They lie and this is fraud, deception and breach of contract.

Capital One Auto Finance — poor business ethics

We have doing what ever they expect for payments. We made our payments on time. They were not documented a...

Capital One Bankinterest forgot paid and poor service

It was a nightmare for the experience I recently dealt with Capital One bank.

At the beginning I had two CD accounts, one has balance about $16K, matured in July, another about $44k., matured in August. After CDs expired, I transfer both CDs’s balance into a new opening Money Market account (actually the bank reused a zero balanced years old old MM account).

On 08/12/2009, a $15 penalty charge was applied to my MM account for the lower balance. I made about threes customer calls to finally get back the $15 wrong charge. Per customer representative, it was the beginning zero balance that caused the mistake. I still don’t know understand how that mistake could happen. Isn’t that every account always starts with zero balance.

While I was trying to correct the incorrect penalty charge, I found that my MM account have never got interest paid so far. For MM account, the interest is posted by the end of the month. I called the customer service to report the problem, and my nightmare started here.

- In first two calls, they seemed they just wrote down my problem but never resolved it.

- About one month later I made the third call to the branch where I opened account, the person promised to check my account and call me back, but I never get the call back.

- I made the forth call to customer service again, the problem finally got settled and I was told that the interest would be posted to my account a couple days later.

- Later I checked and I found the $33.79 IOD interest was paid to my account on 10/13/2009.
                          - $33.79, Is it correct for the total interest earned in my MM account? It doesn’t look right, not mention July, per the bank statement, the average balance is about $60k in August, > 1% interest rate and $58K in September, 1.01% interest rate.
                          - On 10/15/2009, I made another customer call to report the interest calculation mistake. The customer representative very impatiently answered my question about the interest calculation mistake, and insisted, “Yes, It is correct, $33.79 is the year-to-day interest for the account. If you don’t believe, please come to the local branch to discuss it.” I don’t know exactly how the interest is calculated, but I know the basic math and the basic concept about interest rate. So I suggested the customer representative to do a simple calculation to see why the bank’s icalculation was not right. For the balance $60k, interest rate 1%, the monthly interest would be about $50 (($60, 000 * 1% / 12 = $50). But the customer representative didn’t buy it and insisted “That is correct.”

The interest is not big money. I am just so surprised on the bank’s banking mistake and poor customer service.

Capital Oneclosed account and still withdrawing money from bank account

I finished paying off my Capital One card September 3, 2009.

I told them that the account is now closed and nothing should be added to that account.

Much to my horror and surprise, they withdrew 150.00 from my husband's checking account.

I even had the bank go into the computer and stop the transaction, but Capital One still got 150.00 for nothing.

I told them over the phone that I was to have the 150.00 put back into the account and they started giving me the run around and I told them I would file all kinds of complaints.

Capital One Bankawful bank

I refinanced my home with Capital One Bank, about a year ago and I had the money for the payment taken out of my savings account. Every thing went fine for a while, then my mortgage was sold to Chase Bank. To have my payment automatically taken from savings account I filled out the paperwork with the help of a Capital One bank employee, and it was mailed to Chase Bank, by Capital One. I confirmed the proper amount was being taken out when I got my bank statement the next month, every thing was fine. February of 2008 things changed. Without my authorization and without my knowledge Chase Bank or Capital One started taking my mortgage note out of Checking account.

I have always maintained a good amount in my checking, so it wasn't real obvious to me. I made sure money was going in the account and thats what was important to me, I'm a working stiff not a trained banking person, I don't scrutinize bank statements the way a professional would, I missed noticing the change. I had been out of work for the previous four months, my funds were drooping, and I was about to go on a trip with friends (1-7Oct'08)so I made sure I had enough money in my checking to cover expenses for the trip. A week after I got back from the trip( 13 Oct 2008 )I received a letter from Capital One saying that every purchase I made on the trip "bounced".

On Monday I went to the bank and put more money in my checking to cover everything. The bank had paid all my purchases and charged me $32.00 for each NSF. What happened was that my mortgage note, $551.73, was taken out of my checking, unknown to me, this action created a snowball effect down the line and fouled everything up. I went to Capital bank to find out what happened. The bank confirmed that the mistake was theirs, but because I did not catch the mistake sooner, the charges would stand.

That's 23 NFSs times $32.00= $736.00 that the bank is charging me because I didn't bring it to their attention, according to their time frame. This whole thing was brought about by one incident that was not my fault, but the banks fault, but I'm being severely penalized for their mistake. And I don't know how to fight them, this is the first time something like this has happened and it will be the last. Now I have to go back through all the wickets to get my mortgage back on track.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice to get my money back, I can not afford to walk away from this and lose $736.00 to a cold hearted bank.

Capital One Auto Financeno customer service

I decided, after making one car payment via automated voice prompts over the phone which lost a transaction to try something different. I set my Capital One Auto Finance account up on my Capital One Bank account to where I could make car payments online to save time and money (so I thought). After making two payments to Capital One on consecutive days (Dec. 20, 2007 and Dec. 21, 2007) I thought my problem was solved. The Capital One bank account showed that the two payments came out of my checking account but they never showed up on my automobile finance account.

All of a sudden, about a month ago, Capital One started calling me saying that I had not made my November payment. When I told the person at Capital On Auto Finance that I had not only paid November but December as well. They asked me if I had any proof of that to which I said yes, I have my bank statement showing that two payments came out of my bank account and went to Capital One. They gave me the fax number and I faxed a copy of the bank statement to them expecting this to take care of it.

Not only did they NOT call me back, but when I called them to see if they had received the fax and taken care of my account the woman told me that what I sent was not good enough. She said that I needed the bank to send a copy of an endorsement or a pipeline report. So I took off early and drove from Oklahoma where I am currently working to Capital One bank in Keller, Texas, got with the operations manager of the bank and she wrote them a letter with dates, transaction numbers, a copy of my bank statement and other pieces of information that should have been sufficient to resolve this problem, but it hasn't.

As of this writing, I have talked to dozens of people at Capital One Auto Finance, including managers, without resolve. Meanwhile, late charges are accruing, my credit rating is declining, my aggravation level is increasing and nobody has stepped up to the plate to try and help me.

I have never had so much trouble giving my money to somebody in my life. I'm wondering if every month with Capital One Auto Finance is going to be a Nightmare with them like this one has been.

Capital Oneodd collection practices?

So this notice was sent to a friend, who passed it on to me thinking i'd find it funny... and I do. but it begs the question - has anyone else received such a notice?

=

balance: $xxx. xx
                                  amount due: $0.00
                                  payment (s) past due: 0

dear xxxxxxx,

your account is 0 payment (s) past due and we know that can happen to anyone. if you’re having problems making your monthly payments, we’d like to help. that’s why we wanted to let you know that it’s not too late to put your account back in good standing. and you can now click here to make a payment online.

making a payment of $0.00 by 09/05/2009 will make your account current. this will keep us from having to report your account as past due to the credit reporting agencies.

and remember, the better your credit, the more likely you may be approved for new credit and lower rates in the future. depending on your situation, even a partial payment may help keep your account in better standing with capital one.

we understand your financial situation is unique. but finding the right solution to help you get through life’s little financial hiccups is what our specially trained associates do every day.

so please don’t miss another payment – call us monday – friday, 8 a. m. – 9 p. m. (et), at 1-800-*-* or click here to make a payment online today.

sincerely,

capital one bank (usa), n. a.

• Ag
                                      Aggravated shopper Sep 21, 2009

LOL I havent gotten one from capital one however one day I got a letter from hyvee grocery store and on the letter it said I bounced a check for $0.00 so I have to pay the bad check fee of $30 for a total balance of $30.00 I called the company and the did not know what I was talking about so they said it must be a computer error, dont worry about it. I have never shopped nor do I know what a hyvee is yet they have my info. Long story short tell your friend to be careful of someone using his identity and not call number given on letter but find another phone number to capitol one to verify the letter.