Canada Postundelivered parcels but leaving a d.n. card in my community mail box

J

I can't believe how the service with Canada Post has declined in the past few years. I checked the track package web site and found that my package was labeled "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up", funny I stayed at home today expecting the package. I sat in my living room from 06:00 to 12:00 and absolutely no one came to my door! Also there was no DNC left at my house. I did find the DNC in my community mail box over a block away from my house. How can they get away with stating an attempt was made to deliver, when all they did was fill out a DNC and stuff it in a community post box, something started to abolish door to door mail service in order to concentrate on their parcel delivery business? You pay for door to door service but if the postal worker doesn't feel like it you won't get that service. What happened to the reliable postal service we used to have?