Cabelas Visa World's Foremost Bank — 0% interest is misleading
0% interest promotion seems to be a scam.
Don't get burned by Cabelas 0% interest "deal". Warning!! Don't get burned by this HOT Slick DEAL. Be aware that the Bank that Cabelas uses is World's Foremost Bank. It is basically owned by Cabelas. The Bank policy is such that it is "almost impossible" to get the 0% interest. This is their scam. Say your monthly statement is $1000. And say you have a 0% interest purchase of $500. Say you pay $1200 expecting the extra 200 to go to reducing the 0% balance (like most if not all of us would expect).
SURPRISE, the Bank will show 1000 going to pay the monthly bill, THEN it will apply the 200 to NEXT Month's bill (assuming you use the card and have been charging purchases to it). SO, your 0% balance IS NOT being paid as you expected and then WAMO, you get a bill with INTEREST charges on the SO CALLED 0% PURCHASE THAT YOU HAVE TRIED TO PAY OFF. Slick Deal indeed.
The only way not to get charged interest, is to NOT USE that card for the last couple of months of the promotion, then the Bank must apply payments to the 0% balance.
I personally think this is deceitful and false advertising. I have called Cabelas corporate office [protected] to complain and I urge you to do the same. Otherwise, get ready to be screwed and mis-lead.
More Cabelas Visa World's Foremost Bank Complaints & Reviews
- World's Foremost Bank, a Division of Cabelas - credit card acct management practices
- Cabela's Refund & Exchange Policy - unauthorized retention of personal, private data
- Cabela's Smith & Wesson Rebate Offer - failure to send rebate
- Cabelas - scam - bad customer service
- Cabelas - unethical behaviour
- Cabela's - recent employee
- Cabela's - gun purchase process
- Cabelas.com - very poor service
- Cabela's - customer service
- Cabelas - canceled credit account