Mountain Warehouse

Sat9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Faulty goods

Bought a jacket at Christmas and a few weeks ago the stitching came apart at the hood... small hole about 15mm. Fixed it myself to stop the padding coming out, no problem just a small fix. Few weeks later seams at armholes completely gave way.

Took photos of fault and pics of receipt. Customer services didn't want to know... because... wait for it... I may have caused damage by repairing it! Terrible customer service... I explained all I was looking was a replacement as the garment wasn't fit for purpose. Again weren't interested as I had voided my 1 year returns policy due to me stitching 15mm initially. Irrespective of me fixing the hood the armhole coming apart have no correlation to the hood.

Fobbed off with every email response from them. Will be speaking with their head office as CS just didn't give a monkeys

Faulty goods

returns

Recently I made an order. M6523194 unfortunately I was not thrilled. Firstly there was an item missing. This was soon resolved and the winter trek trousers were not as expected. Again this was resolved by a small discount. I would have rather had the trousers I was expecting. The wind proof gloves, the lining has split.
My mistake was to order womens Capri trousers so I thought I would return them only to find out that the postage would be 10.90€ !! The trousers cost £12.99
So all in all I am not impressed and certainly won't be ordering again.
Deborah Benn

poor quality jacket

Bought Parka in May and didn't wear until October when it was cold. The flap on the left sleeve, that attaches to the velcro, was missing. Contacted Support with photos and order number. Told me not to worry since their products carried a 1 year warranty and then asked for proof of purchase and more photos. I told them I referenced the order number and date and that the photos were 10-12MP and I couldn't get them any better. Told me I could return if jacket had not been worn and tags were still on it. Poor Customer Service. The photos I sent them showed the left sleeve without the flap and the right sleeve for comparison.

missing refund

On 02/09/19 I placed an order for two fleece jackets (same coat, different sizes.) on 21/09/19 I returned one of the jackets to the Keswick store for a refund as it was too small...

sandals

I bought these sandals the beginning of July 2019, I am very disappointed that they are peeling on both shoes near the toes. I didn't mind spending more on the sandals because they were a good name and I felt they would last a long time. Is there something that you can be done about this? I appreciate your time, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Margene Lucas

return of 2 coats

Order placed 31st July m5691780 (3 womens coats size 22 - pakka waterproof £18.99 / breeze waterproof £29.99 / Westport long coat £16.99).
Order recieved sat 3rd August.
Monday 5th August 2 coats returned using prepaid label at sileby post office (pakka £18.99 + Westport £16.99).
16th Aug email recieved stating refund £12.29 - underpayment of £23.69. I emailed back same day requesting full refund and reason why only £12.29 refunded.
18th July reply from mountain warehouse stating needed copy of proof of posting before they could even look into it. I replied same day explaining I was on holiday so could not send proof posting - but they had obviously recieved parcel that both coats were in otherwise why had the refund of £12.29 been raised and why was it a completely different amount.
I have had no reply from mountain warehouse to my emails of 18th Aug and 21st Aug requesting the full refund.
Mountain warehouse have had my money for 4 weeks and the 2 returned coats for 3 weeks.
I would like the balance of £23.69 refunding asap please.
Thank you.

[Resolved] online order

i placed an online order today. i used paypal and it said there was an error at first. then it went through. however i went to use pay pal credit and it instead used my debit card. i have tried contacting the company multiple times. they're closed. i want to cancel my order before it is debited out of my account. i cannot reach anyone and i have also sent messages. i will file a dispute with the bank and paypal if i cannot reach them. that is totally unconvental for a US business or one claiming to serve US customers to not be able to be reached during normal times.

• Mountain Warehouse's response · Aug 26, 2019

Good Morning

We thank you for your email and we are sorry to note that are unhappy with the service provided and that the payment was debited but no order confirmation was generated.

We are quite busy at present with a high volume of telephone enquiries.

However If you would be able to contact us directly at [email protected] providing further information and details, we would be more than happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind Regards

Dylan Atwal
    Mountain Warehouse

3 weeks without my order

I ordered 7 items on the 22/07 and three weeks on have still not received anything. It said 3-5 working days so I waited till day number 7 to contact Mountain warehouse and ask about my order. I emailed the company and asked why I had not received an email of dispatch, their reply was that I had not entered a surname. I know this to be incorrect because I used the same account that I have done so before and when I looked at the order details both billing address and mailing address have been filled in correctly. On the email they also asked if I still wanted my order, I confirmed and as a gesture of goodwill they told they were sending my parcel next day. Two working days passed and still no parcel and the tracking page told me that Hermes were still awaiting my parcel.
Again I contacted them and this time they told me my parcel had got lost in transit and that two of my items were no longer in stock!! They asked if I still wanted the other items and if I wanted to find alternatives or refunds for the two other items. I told them I wanted my items sent out immediately but again 4 days later still no response to my email but instead a "review our customer service" email! I am absolutely outraged and over 3 weeks on I still have no items!

3 weeks without my order

a female member of staff

I visited the Southwold Mountain Warehouse Shop yesterday ( Thursday 1st August) I was looking for some sun protection swimming shorts for my daughter who is 7. My daughter wa...

customer service and exchange

Hi i have returned an item to be exchanged but not received the new item or a refund. Ive tried to contact customer servie via email twice and rang 4 times but each time after 6 mins its gone to answer phone! I am now down £20 SPent money on phone calls and fast losing patience with such poor customer service!! PLease can someone ring me on [protected] so i can either get the product or my money back!

customer service

I have recently been into your store at Queenstown Central and was appalled at the lack on customer service that I received. I walked into the store, where 3 employees were on...

tor 65l backpack

583935 Hi I have bought the backpack in April as I was going for a trip abroad. I didn't pack a lot it was only 12 kg. However the backpack completely ripped. The straps which were made...

tide women's sandal size 7

583935 I am on holiday and bought these sandals today in Hereford. I noticed that there has been a cut and bad repair on one of the straps. I am unable to get back to Hereford and would...

Good afternoon,
I purchased a pair of your Adventurer men's walking boots on 8/4/2019. I have only covered approximately 30 miles in this time, I wore them this morning in wet dew grass and my feet were soaked after approximately 40 minutes. These boots are advertised as being waterproof, they not. I have also noticed the sole has started to separate from the boots material allowing water in. I have supplied photos show wet socks and sole separating on the right boot.

poor quality of jacket

583935 I bought woman jacket (worth 45 cad) for myself from mountain warehouse outlet in tangers, ottawa. I must have bought it in last of september. Now in just 5 months of wearing, it...

ski trousers

I bought these a few weeks back for my first ski trip this week. Wore them first day yesterday and all the seam has come unstitched in first few hours. Highly disappointed and as it's only pair I have I now have to spend rest of week in faulty trousers that are no longer fully waterproof . Please advise on what can be done to rectify this situation as they are no use now for further trips, and in need of repair or replacement please. I've included order confirmation and my flight details to Austria as proof of first usage.

ski trousers

customer service and returning policy

583935 Hello Sir/Madam, Actually I have bought a jacket from mountain warehouse store located in Square One, Mississauga and the jacket had been ripped off within 2 months. The...

snow goggles

I purchased snow goggles went skiing in Italy goggles gave me no uv protection wore them all my time on snow and ended up with Sun burnt eyes, eyelids and face which is at the...

rude staff member

I was in Mountain Warehouse to swap over some base layers as I had bought two sets but one of the boxes that was meant to have a top in had trousers instead. I was going on a...

mens parka coat

583935 Hi! I bought a jacket today for my partner, paid 115 pounds. Brought it home and find out that there is no labels attached, broken poket, moreover it seems to be worn, I can tell...

refund delay - still waiting for a refund

M4555781 Order number
multiple items returned for refund within days of receiving goods.
contacted customer service and goods confirmed as been receipted back into the warehouse. Customer service apologized and advised that the refund will be process immediately and did not know why it had not gone through as yet.
It is now 1 month on and I'm still waiting on a refund ($90 approx value)
I have tonight (your morning) to again follow up with customer service whose lines do not get answered. You have the option to hold yet after 5 mins or so you get placed onto a voice mail to leave a message. Not good enough when I'm calling you internationally, and due to time difference most likely will not get a call back when suitable.

complaining about a pair of walking boots

Dear Mountain Warehouse,

I bought my partner a pair of walking boots for his birthday in January, he's only just started wearing them to walk our dog. He tells me and shows me last week that the soles are coming off and that water is getting through the boots. I'm absolutely disgusted that I spent so much money on them for the boots now to be not much use and that he will now need to replace them. I bought the below boots and the order number is M3703952
Adventurer Mens Waterproof Boots Khaki, Mens Size 9 UK. Please advise on what the company is going to do to help replace these boots

Kind Regards

complaining about a pair of walking boots

charged twice on my debit card and they will not refund me my money after 19 emails.

On the 11.8.18 i made a purchase in the Cambridge Mountain warehouse store and paid by debit card. When i checked my bank account on the 19.8.18 i saw that they had taken twice...

child’s coat

583935 I bought my son a coat approximately January time from mountain warehouse. I do not have the receipt to give you the exact date. He has hardly worn it obviously due to weather...

gloves

Bought a pair of gloves from Cwmbran they were on website for 5 pound 15 pound in store as my son needed these I got them wore one night split at seems unbelievable I now have to go 10 miles back to change receipt number is cwm [protected]/10/18 at 14.20 served by Emma very disappointing as 10 extra and last a day I also spent over a hundred pounds last month as a valued customer I'd like you to resolve

online order.

On Sunday 20/05/2018 I attempted to order some items from their online store. I duly added them to my basket and then attempted to check out, my first attempt with one of my debit...

keswick cumbria store.

Hello. I am just writing with a complaint about a member of staff at your Keswick store today (13th May). My husband visited today with our 2 year old son who was sat quietly in...

lost returned items

On 5th April I received x 4 pairs of trousers from an online order. I returned x 3 pairs, all in one postal parcel with both delivery notes. Mountain Warehouse have processed the refund for one pair but say they didn't receive the other 2 pairs. Which is clearly impossible as they were packed together.
They have said this is just my bad luck and they are unable to refund the remainder

waterproof boots

I do a lot of walking and needed a new pair of walking boots. I purchased a pair of Isodry walking boots from Mountain Warehouse in Hereford. I bought them in December 2017. On...

pakka women's waterproof jacket

I have today received my order - M3819929 - thank you.
The order included 2 Wash and proof and the packaging was not sufficient: The cap on one of these products was broken.
I am pleased with the jacket but not so pleased to see it priced at £31.99 on the attached ticket where I had been charged £37.99!
This is my first shopping experience with Mountain Warehouse and I hope it will not be my last.
Please could you refund me the difference in price as I seem to have been overcharged?
Susie Hanes
I have tried attaching photos but they are too big/ not in the right format - help please

product not delivered

Hi, I had ordered a jacket on 11 Dec 1 am. But the order till date is showing as processing. I had tried to call multiple time but was only put on comprised response to wait...

not receiving an item

order number - M3465776
dispatch number- www5152773-01
order date 27-11-2017

Dawn Ventress
Croft barn
Newton - upon - Rawcliffe
YO18 8QA

I ordered 2 tops, one was delivered but the other was missing, I have been charged for both. I have emailed mountain warehouse and telephoned 3 times, but so far I haven't had any response to my email and nobody has answered the phone, after a while it goes to an answer machine, I have left my details on it but again I haven't heard anything.

The missing item is a camber womens fleece

weekend 'next day delivery' option.

Dear Sir

I recently placed an order that I needed quickly, so chose next day delivery. This was your confirmation of my order:

"Great news! We've recently dispatched your order. Your order reference is M3106403. Order placed on 30/07/2017 at 14:18:12"

I expected my delivery on 31/7, however I got my items on 1/8, a two day delivery. I contacted your Customer Service Team, ref [protected] to complain and got the following responses:

"Our delivery information does advise orders placed over the weekend are processed on Monday and in the case of Next day delivery due to arrive on Tuesday."

Pointed towards - https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/help/delivery/

I challenged both, arguing that nowhere in your order process, does it alert/point to either of the above, if ordering on a weekend. I stand by that argument and did a dummy order today Aug 5. First chance of delivery option at https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/basket/. No mention of any weekend order alert. Second chance "Choose Delivery Service. Again, no mention of weekend alert.

I suggest that your 'next day delivery option' when placed on a weekend, should clearly state that the items won't be delivered until the following Tuesday. A simple statement would suffice at your https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/basket order point. Quoting your response above is not satisfactory and, I argue, could be seen as misleading. After all, nothing alerts a buyer to those terms.

I just want you to be completely transparent on 'weekend next day delivery Terms'. Don't hide the detail, with no alert to it. Please refund my premium delivery option.

Yours Faithfully

Mr Sanders

misleading offers

I ordered an Omega women's long jacket price £29.99 style number 021381 from your website order number M2997219 using click and collect. On 10.6.17 I went to Wyvale Garden Centre...

disappointing experience

I have ordered three items from www.mountainwarehouse.com and the sizes were totally incorrect, so I contacted them and told that I want to send everything back and get a refund...

www.mountainwarehouse.com — seller took wrong sum for the order

My husband bought outdoor equipment from the company www.mountainwarehouse.com. He provided the card info and the payment was taken within 2 days after he has placed the order...