Menu
Cabela's
reviews & complaints

Cabela's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

139 complaints
29 resolved 110 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Cabela's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:28 am

Cabela's - return policy

Recently i placed an order # 234017146 and it shipped directly from frogg toggs. There was no return label in the package so i contacted customer service at cabelas because the waders were too big. I have been wearing hunting waders for over 20yrs and have always worn a size 9, yet these size 9s were like 10.5s. Customer service worker "Erika" told me it was my fault for ordering the wrong size, so i was responsible for paying for the return. All i had to do was lie and say the waders leaked and i could have returned them for free. Cabelas is a multi million dollar company and they are refusing to pay for a return on some hunting waders that were incorrectly made? Wow

B
8:25 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Walked into Cabala's in Berlin Ma. Looking to purchase winter boots. Associate walked by me several times without even a glance. I was looking at a boot that is kept out back, not on the sale floor.. I drove quite a way and I had a gift card, so I waited. Associate walks by me to wait on couple that just walked in. I finally asked "Hello, could you check to...

4:00 pm

Cabela's - cabela's gift card offer (cobra marine radio)

I submitted Cabela's Gift Card Offer for purchasing a Cobra MR HH450 CAMO and was supposed to receive a $15 gift card. I submitted the form on 9/18/2015, and have not received the card. I called the number on the form (Cobra-(773)889-3087) and was told the issue was with Cabela's. Cabela's is unwilling to meet the terms of the offer. I believe this action is fraudulent and warrants a class action suit.

12:38 pm

Cabela's - information and details they provided were false

Please report all unfair credit card practices to the FTC- we have a cabelas visa we have had for a few years and the limit was recently cut in half with no notification and the credit score information and details they provided was false. I've read many reports from others with this same type of situation. It's totally unbelievable they are doing this to so many people who are spending their money with his company. So everyone please report these unfair practices to the federal trade commission.

1:07 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

What kind of a company builds an 82, 000 sq ft building, hires 225 outfitters, stocks the building, then 3 weeks after they open starts laying people off right before the holiday shopping season begins???? 3 weeks to the day that we opened I was allowed to clock in and work for 30 minutes, then a was summoned to the conference room. He person that called...

1:37 am

Cabela's - order

I ordered 2 whupping sticks they confirm my order put a pre authorization on my card and confirm they are in stock 12days latter they send email cancelled one and say I never ordered the other one 4days after I place order one was out of stock and charged my card again for29.99 and8.95 for shipping I tried to track my order and they say I never did such and on top of that the itch sincere 's and chuckles thinks it's fun I lost 6guide trips 6seat salmon charters and had to hand my best 10 and 15 year customer's to my top competitor and lost 10, 000 income which now I had to shut my service down for the year and flip burgers to pay my boat and insurance payments don't depend on Cabela's for ®hit they won't help solve any problem contact you or try to make it right they have (Cabela's) gone extremely down with all the other bottom feeders really I thought of Cabela's as Dream builders not Dream destroyers they are the worst at customer service and or support I ran your card again and we never have seen it in our system but yet they send me today ordered on the second 2am of October. Ten days later cancel order of only one rod with my card info but they never seen or I never used my card their so basically what I'm saying shop there if you want to get tucked over sorry bought the language but that's what they are doing to allot of people so if you want a slow screw against the wall with out for play or a reach around do business with Cabela's like I did and you'll REGRET it the rest of your life my personal experience I hope the don't ¥uck you like the did me my ### really needs stiches after that one thank Cabela's NOT! Stacey Patton this is no BS and or no exaggeration in my post or thoughts this happened guide one day burgers next great job Cabela's they have never been remorseful at all

1 comment
L
Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

"I lost 6guide trips 6seat salmon charters and had to hand my best 10 and 15 year customer's to my top competitor and lost 10, 000 income which now I had to shut my service down for the year and flip burgers to pay my boat and insurance payments…
... this is no BS and or no exaggeration in my post or thoughts this happened guide one day burgers next great job..."

This all happened in one day because you didn't get two cheap fishing rods? That doesn't make sense.

A
10:52 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I ordered a NAV/GPS at Cabela's but I never picked it up. I cancelled the order and I never removed the item from the store. I requested a refund and received a receipt which appeared to be a refund. 36 days later I still had not received a refund. I make 3 phone calls to Cabela's Visa bank and one email, I was told to fill out a denied charge form that...

H
4:32 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Cabela's - enabling fraud/ unfair to merchants

Company enabling fraud and injuring merchants by not properly reacting to abuse of credit cards.
In situation where the company has authorized charges and verified the address through AVS and CVV2 Cabelas World Foremost Bank initiates a chargeback.
When the credit card processor supplies full information showing credit card AVS and CVV2 are accurate and the product is delivered with signature to the address verified by the credit card as the customers address showing the merchant has met the standard for a valid transaction. Cabela and World Foremost Bank refuses to return funds and reverse the credit card processors findings.

Banks and Companies need to be accountable as do merchants in financial transaction. Cabela's Club and bank Worlds Foremost show low moral standards. This seems to be a trend with this company on several fronts as they have had repeated lawsuits regarding their practices both in protecting consumers and merchants.

J
6:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cabelas in Richfield, Wisconsin once again ran a sales add and didn't have product. I went in first thing as they opened on day of sale, Feb 5th. I asked for the gun advertised, told by Steve it was sold out! "Sold Out", you been open 30 seconds and I am first person in store. I was told to come back later, had guns in back to check in yet. I returned...

N
3:59 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I don’t advise anyone to buy from the website www.cabelas.ca. I ordered twice from them, but these jerks haven’t provided my order. Both orders cost me about $450, but after I paid, the seller decided to fool me and hasn’t provided any info regarding my order. No updates, no emails, no communication. They are liars and scammers, and I want to find other...

G
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I discovered a charge on my card to this company for $134.99. I had never heard of Cabela. I called my bank and they directed me to call Cabela about it. I was directed to Cabela's "fraud department" which is probably just another customer service rep or their supervisor. She was friendly at first but when I started asking questions she didn't want to...

B
12:44 pm

Cabela's - credit card

I have recently applied for a credit card with Cabelas Club Card. And they have denied me. When I phoned they claimed to show a monthly commitment that I do not have. I phoned Equifax, since they only work with one reporting agency, and they said my report does not show that information. After 4 hours of calls between both Worlds Foremost and Equifax, we are nowhere. I will be doing my shopping at Scheels! They were not willing to make any phone calls or contact my bank, or review another credit reference.

10:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife purchased a pair of Danner boots as a gift for me online, order # 212541534. The boots were defective and returned for exchange. Cabela’s no longer sells these boots so they were going to issue a refund. Cabela’s received them on Sept 23rd according to the USPS tracking. They called my wife and left a message (Sept 24th or 25th) saying they were...

G
8:51 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Cabela's in Scarborough, ME two months ago to get .22LR ammo, and was told they didn't have any. Then I questioned this, was directed to another person, then to another person, who then showed me some ammo, but asked me, first, if I would do him a favor and sign up for a credit card – he said he had to meet a quota for credit card sign-ups, AND...

11:45 pm

Cabela's - poor return policy

I purchased a man's vest online as a Christmas gift. It was shipped promptly but I returned it because it was not the kind of vest my husband wanted. There was a return shipping label inside the box with a note that $7.50 would be deducted from the price of the refund. When I got the notice that they were going to refund my money, they deducted the $7.50 from the purchase price of the item, and did not refund any of the shipping charges. So I paid a total of $42 for the vest and shipping and will receive a refund in the amount of $18.55. I am displeased that they were not upfront about their refund policy and certainly expected a full refund for the vest itself. Other online retail outlets refund at least the original price of the item, and part or all of the shipping.

3 comments
V
Jan 06, 2013 10:26 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You must not shop online much. These retailers are in business to make a profit to pay their operating expenses, pay their employees, pay their shareholders. If they are bearing the expense of shipping stuff all over the country to people who aren't really sure what they are ordering, they either aren't going to make a profit or they're going to have to raise prices for everyone.

Jan 05, 2013 2:52 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

What a classless creep. I hope you didn't breed with him - because if you did you're gonna get another lecture - this time from me.

Jan 05, 2013 12:32 am

You know what I already got all this lecture from my husband about how stupid I am because I gave him a vest he did not like. He yelled at me in front of my three children, 18, 16 and 8 because I gave him something he did not like. I don't need you to make things worse.

C
1:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Cabela's sold my underage son ammunition. A large amount as well.. My son went to Cabela to return some items he had got for X-mas. While he was there he saw a sale on some shotgun ammo that he figured he would get while he was there. He enjoys shooting skeet and it is a new hobby for him. He knew that it was illegal to sell handgun ammo to someone under...

J
2:20 pm

Cabela's - a list

Went to Cabelas in Glendale AZ to Purchase a fire arm Waited at gun Counter ONE AND A HALF HOURS Because og people cutting in front of me and the sales clerk would actually wait on them! Bought the gun went to check out line waited another 1 hour and 10 mins only to be told that I had a four day wait to pick gun up. Ok next day had secound thoughts about the gun model I bought so went back to look another 1 hour and 15 mins wait due to people cutting in lin e AGAIN! and Of Coarse the counter person would wait on them! Si I left the store. Went back the next day waited another 1 Hour and guess what PEOPLE CUTTING IN LINE AGAIN! GUESS WHAT AGAIN THE CLERK WOULD WAIT ON THEM! So I thought I would just get the gun I purchased. Went back on the 20th to pick it up, Guess what waited 1 hour and 20 mins to pay for the gun because Cabelas only had 1 cashier and so got up to pay Check the box and parts were missing cashier said to get a new one I would have to do another background check! so Called the manager he came and looked like I was bothering him he looked for the part and could not find it so he said the cashier would make a note to order part I said ok So when up to the counter to pay and guess what she started taking care of the people AFTER ME I said I DONE WITH CABELAS Taked to anothrer manager that didnt GIVE A CRAP! Went home and called Cabelas main office They took my info said someone would call me its the next day and no call! In the mean time I lost the gun sale and they dont have anymore I AM DONE WITH CABELAS AND THEIR CRAP!

1 comment
Apr 13, 2013 4:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have dealt with Cabela's here in my home town and they have never mistreated me like they have you. Maybe it's you, have you considered that? Maybe you are an idiot and a loser and they can tell so they mess with you. You should probable get up and do something. Writing complaints on internet websites will not get you any respect. Especially from yourself.

10:33 am

Cabela's - defective gun

Hi,

I purchase a 12 Gauge Smith and Wesson Shotgun last October in the Scarborough store and after 1 hour in the field, despite my air drying the gun and oiling it immediateley, it rusted and so the bluing is obviously defective. The only resolve I could get when I returned it was that the store would send it back to the Manufacturer to had it re-blued. Today I drove all the way from Augusta without being informed my gun was not fixed and had yet another run-in with "Paul" who I understand is the hard lines Manager. Here is my basic problem.

1.) He misrepresented himself twice as the store Manager when I asked him if that is his title, he said it was. He told me they could not help me and to leave the store with my gun. I refused to leave with the gun and asked to speak with the store Manager and Paul refused to allow it.
2.) He told me three times which upset my wife greatly that if I did not leave with my gun he would call the ATF and they would be beating on my door and I would be subject to arrest. My wife was so upset because she believed him, I had them take the gun up-front, but then refused to take it out of the store until some reasonable resolve can be reached. This is my intention.

1.) I will attempt to contact the store Manager or perhaps you could have him call me to resolve the issue.
2.) On Monday I am reporting this incident to both the attorney General for the State of Maine as well as most certainly contacting the ATF as they are going to take a dim view of customers being harassed by company employees. I will know forward this letter to the Maine Better Business Bureau. I am well connected in this State with outdoorsman and Maine Guides, but I will never set foot in another Cabela's as long as I am alive.

C
2:25 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

receive poor sevice from the gun library. while looking a gun I was ready to purchase the sales rep would answer any questions about the gun. He went on to tell me not to pull the trigger, or rack the slide as this was not good for the gun. He was very rude and told me that I was taking too much time to make a decision to buy. I have purchased several...

6:08 pm

Cabela's - avoid them, if it is important

I ordered a bench rest, the website was down for days and the order took that long to finally go through. Once through it was canceled and when I tried to verify the information was correct, not only could staff be more unhelpful, but they couldn't tell me. They told me the deal was no longer valid and that the item was sold out and no backorders. Less then 10 days before Christmas and they offered no alternative. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM IF IT IS IMPORTANT!

2 comments
W
Feb 19, 2010 1:20 pm

This IS NOT a complaint. Just a defense on my Cabelas.com experience. I purchased SEVERAL products from this website and not only was it cheaper then anywhere else online, the product was AMAZING! The product was better then i had expected and it was delivered several weeks sooner then i expected. VERY PLEASED!

Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm

I also have had a great experience with Cabellas!

Cabela's contacts