Menu
P
Author of the complaint
4:26 am
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Texts like these, and including those promising large quantities of money are fake.
Whenever they ask for your account information via email it's fake and insecure.
If you really did win something, they'd call you or at least mail you physically to settle a meeting to receive the money.
Check the email, and check the phone number if you aren't so sure, also you could also call up the bank and or coca cola to see if such a mobile draw exists and if you did actually win.

Update by Ponker
Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

Website glitch, wrong comment inputted sorry, please ignore other comment

More C-Date complaints & reviews

C-Date - Debt collection!!! Scam
C-Date - internet dating scam
C-Date - I wish to cancel membership
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
C-Date - I want to cancel my subscription because I never asked for a recurring subscription
17 comments
G
Oct 18, 2019 4:21 am

CDATE is a scam.

This company is a scam.
They will steal money from you and make it very difficult to recover.
These are the trading names that this company is known by.
C-date
Interdate SA
BE2 (if you search for similar complaints about BE2 you will see exactly the same M.O.)

Here is their M.O.

You are offered a premium service for around 20 dollars (changes depending on your countries currency.)

You go through the payment process and think that you have only paid for a 1 time payment of 20 dollars. Nowhere during the payment options will you see a total amount to pay, hence you think that the 20 dollars is what you are paying.

You get your credit card bill for hundreds of dollars.

When you ask why they tell you that you chose the subscription package of 20 dollars (per week) for a period of 6 months. When you inform them that there is an error they tell you that you have no right of withdrawal. Actually, you do, and contracts made with a fundamental error in them are not binding by the law they apply to their contracts.

They will refuse to reimburse, and you will be left trying to get it back out of them. Its a very annoying process but rest assured that what they are doing is Fraud. You can take the matter to the police, but you will need documentation to show that you informed them of the error and that they refused to reimburse and remedy the mistake. As their are literally hundreds of complaints about this company this will work in your favor.

The law will protect you but you will initially lose your money and then you will have to try and get it back out of them. It is not easy. You need to report it to your credit card company as a non authorised transaction, give them documents to prove you informed of an error, and also report the matter to the police if they continue to refuse to reimburse as it is legally Fraudulent for them to not reimburse you so go and report them for Fraud. I suggest anyone who was scammed by them report them for fraud because they are systematically ripping people off.

If you have not yet created an account with them DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. They will take more than you authorise and it is a nightmare to get back.

If you are in the Swiss jurisdiction here is the part of the law applicable to the fundamental error at creation of contract.

Art. 23 F. Defect in consent / I. Error / 1. Effect
F. Defect in consent
I. Error
1. Effect
A party labouring under a fundamental error when entering into a contract is not bound by that contract.

Apr 20, 2019 6:35 am

Have had a letter stating I have outstanding debt but have no knowledge of the service or site. Any advice or contact details?

Mar 19, 2019 12:34 pm

please contact the customer service team at cs @ c-date.com with your questions and they will be able to help you, we cannot discuss personal details on this platform, please quote complaints board when contacting us. It is of course possible to cancel any time, including within the first week and we are sorry to hear if you have either a technical issue or have read some incorrect information.

Mar 22, 2019 6:44 am

Same response, you're stealing people's money. Disgusting.

Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

I should add that there is no option to cancel in the first week via the C-Date website as they 'need to wait for payment to process'. If you ever needed a reason to run a mile from a website it's that.

Mar 19, 2019 10:58 am

Requested a refund the night I signed up. Had to wait a week to cancel. Now the they refuse to refund my money, but tell me I have 'access to the services until June 2019'. Why would I want access to their services if I requested a cancellation? They reference 'terms and conditions' but their obligation to their customers and to stand behind their service should supersede that. Awful, awful experience. Intend to email and post to as may review boards as it takes to get my money back.

Feb 04, 2019 10:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I joint c-date in Dec 2018. I chose 18.88 SGD member fee and c-date deducted 56.32 USD from my bank account. On 4th Feb 2019 c-date sent me an email to claim payment from me 206.88 SGD. If I don't pay these amount my case will hand over to debt collector. Anyone can tell me should pay these amount to c-date. If I don't agree to pay these amount will they court me?

Oct 17, 2019 2:40 am
Replying to comment of Sothea

So did you pay? What conclusions did you come?

Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm
Replying to comment of Sothea

Did you have to pay in the end?

Jun 14, 2022 2:15 pm
Replying to comment of

Have sent emails to the customer service to cancel and received no responses. Trying to cancel but they make it extra difficult.

A
Dec 14, 2018 6:31 am

How can we stop these thefts from stealing everybody? Should be possible to have their site closed?

Sep 01, 2021 11:37 am
Replying to comment of AVE123

Get a team together and take them out oo circulation, my first choice.

Nov 19, 2018 4:28 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have just noticed a sum of £119.70 on 11/10/18 taken out of my account as I had conformation that I have cancelled my membership can you let me know why this has happened.

View 0 more photos
Sep 10, 2018 8:44 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am a C-date member from 30th-Aug--2018, and become a premium paid member from 31-Aug-2018. It shows the mount S$8.80 for 6 months. But crazy it seems to be show my account is detected S$212.12. I want to cancel immediately my account from C-date and refund all the money.

Aug 21, 2018 8:32 am

I had £119 taken from my bank on 21st Febuary, 2018. This was not authorised and I would like my money returned please. Look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely
Claire Barratt

K
Aug 15, 2018 4:20 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi my c date subscription money was deducted without any notice.i wasnt told or informed about it at all.m not at all happy with this kind of service.i need my money refunded in full amount and my accounts cancelled.as soon as possible

A
Dec 14, 2018 6:30 am
Replying to comment of Kriss26

Exactly same happened to me and even amount increased and frequency increased... no way to stop them quickly, batlle with my bank and soon legal battle!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

262 complaints