Having problems with C-Date?

C-Date reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 4, 2011. The latest review Unauthorised repeat subscription was posted on Jun 22, 2021. The latest complaint C-date was resolved on Jan 28, 2021. C-Date has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 168 reviews. C-Date has resolved 64 complaints.

C-Date Customer Service Contacts

+352 26 302 697 (Luxembourg)
13 rue du Commerce
Luxembourg City
Luxembourg - 1351

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with C-Date Customer Service. Initial C-Date complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for C-Date above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about C-Date. Discuss the issues you have had with C-Date and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

C-Date Complaints & Reviews

C-DateUnauthorised repeat subscription

As per previous complaints against C-Date I also only subscribed to just 1 month of premium membership. However, C-Date has used that original PayPal payment details to take a further payment for 4 x times the original payment. I have not signed up for this and have not used the account since set up and want the account cancelled immediately and my money refunded.

C-DateDating agency

I signed up for this for a month realised it was a scam I tried to cancel this but no form available so I emailed them countless times for the form or just cancel from now no reply so I stopped payment then I had suspicious activity on my email and was advised to delete it so I did so. Now I have a letter from a collection agency demanding 81 euros I wasn't even told by c-date I owed this money I suffer from depression and at my wits end please help

Jun 20, 2021

C-Date — Demand for payment under automatic renewal of membership

The incident came to light via a letter, referred to below, which emanated from a German address "Haifa-Alee...

C-DateMembership and debt collection letter

I have had the same problem, I did not give them any of my details and money has been taken from my account. I have now received a letter from their debt collection agency which was sent to an old address I used to live at but I have not given c-date any information so I don't know how they got an address for me I havnt lived at for over 8 years. What do I do please help someone?

C-DateInterdate S.A (www.c-date.co.uk)

I have requested multiple times for this membership to be cancelled. You have taken no action to do this. Please cancel this membership with immediate effect. You have constantly tried taking payments from my account, which incur charges. I will be contacting a legal advisor about this and the ombudsman fraud department. You have no option online to cancel which is strange and I believe illegal
        Ref:[protected]
        Yusaf shah

C-DateLetter to my home demanding money

I have received a letter to my home from CMS collection services asking me to pay 81.37 euros. I do remember using this site but soon realised it was a scam, I don't remember signing up to anything and I certainly didn't give them my address, I don't even want to give my bank details to this CMS global collection services as I don't know if this is a legit company. Please please help

Letter to my home demanding money
          Letter to my home demanding money

C-DateSubscription cancellation - impossible

I tried to cancel the subscription after realising that the site is full of fake and robotic profiles that Hound you constantly pretending that they like you so you pay for more messages however since trying to cancel I cannot login I cannot contact customer services I cannot phone customer services it is impossible and they have my profile picture and information still on which they would probably use for other fraudulent activities.

C-DateCancellation of subscription

I bought a months supscription with my credit card and then red the reviews that it is a scam. I have tried to cancel it through there website but i keep getting an email saying they will be in touch. And as i do not think they will as it is a scam. I will right a letter and try to phone them. I have contacted my bank and toldvthem to stop any further payments. Mr P Baker

C-DateSubscription cancellation

I joined C-date on 27/02/21 + paid for the £9.90 trial subscription. I had intended to try it out + cancel it within the month if it wasn't for me. It was only when I looked into the cancellation process that I was informed that I would need to print out a form + then fax the completed for to Luxembourg. It took 5 minutes on my phone to subscribe but I apparently need to buy 2 electronic devices + spend half an hour filling out forms + faxing them abroad to unsubscribe. This is far beyond unacceptable. I thankfully used PayPal to pay for the trial so they don't have my bank account details but him now getting emails demanding payment + threatening debt collection AND I'VE STILL NOT BEEN GIVEN AN EMAIL ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER TO USE TO CONTACT THEM. There's no way this is a legitimate operation.

C-DateSubscription

I signed up to C- Date on 11/02/2021 via the website and I was charged £9.90 for a one month membership. I cancelled my membership and subscription on the same day (11th Feb) as the website was clearly fake. I then deleted my account. I then cancelled via PayPal and via my bank.

On 22/04/2021 I received a letter in the post from CMS global collection services advising me that I owe Euro 80.87 by 27/04/21. This letter has then gone on to threaten further legal action and baliffs if the amount is not paid. This letter states my reference number is GB-2021-03-11-[protected]-CDATE-DN.

No further money has been taken other than the £9.90 when I registered and I will not be paying the Euro 80.87 as per the CMS letter.

C-DateAutomatic subscription

Dear C Date
                    I subscribed to your dating site today via pay pal .i have since read, very bad reviews on your automatic renewals, with the customers consent .Please do not renew my subscription .you are labelled as a scam site .
                    I will take up a dispute via paypal, if you do take more money, I have also been informed you are using a debt collection agency . I will not pay for goods i did not order .Please confirm you will NOT attempt any future payments, i will file a dispute, via Paypal if you do

C-DatePremium trial Cancelled and Debt collection Threats

ON the 03/03/2021 I sign up to C-Date.co.uk out of curiosity. I paid for the trial 1 month via PayPal. I instantly regretted it and tried to cancel my subscription, which I thought I had.

I also logged into PayPal and cancelled the subscription there as I had a suspicion this was a scam.

Today (04/04/2021) I got a threatening email from them demanding 1 months membership (£39.60) + £10 admin fee.

If I don't pay they are threatening to pass on the debt to bailiffs and honestly I am worried.

I tried to log into the account today and see the settings etc, however all I can see is a payment page demanding the above amount.

I could do with some help on this one.

Premium trial Cancelled and Debt collection Threats

C-DateCancelled but keep demanding money

I cancelled my recurring payment on PayPal to this site. I tried to call and email them time and time again because there cancellations process calls for a fax to be sent to them! Who has a fax machine!

Cancelled but keep demanding money

C-DateC-Date Subscription

The cancellation process and the service offered by C-Date is appalling.

I checked past emails for cancellation instructions and the first correspondence I received, from C-Date, was an email demanding further payment, threatening debt collection and court action. I tried to cancel through the cancellation (tab) process on the website, before this, when I had access, to the site and it loaded to a blank page, so had NO means of cancellation before the first email demands. Why should I need to contact the customer services for a failing system?

After the initial email saying they would pass my details to a debt collector, I researched online and found hundreds/thousands of similar reviews and this has raised a further alarm with me.

I will NOT be comfortable to make any form of payment to them, it would lead to further issues, threats, like I have seen in your reviews online and also my direct first hand experience of course.

I have contacted, their bank, Luxembourg police, PayPal, Apple App Store, Google Play store, Action-fraud, your web hosting service and DNS provider, amongst other professional bodies in relation. All this information is available online!

C-DateSubscription

It is impossible to cancel the membership, and they are now threatening legal action, I just want to cancel and am happy to give required notice but it's impossible it's like a never ending contact.
                            I have cancelled my payments from PayPal but within a day have started receiving nasty demanding emails quoting sections from a so called contact that I a legal bond to now apparently.
                            This can't be right they must by law have a proven appropriate cancellation method for users who change their minds or find themselfs in different circumstances.

C-DatePremier Membership Cancelation they wont cancel and took my money

I contacted them on the 3rd of Feb to cancel this account and not to take further money from my account I have not used their service nor I will ever will and since this havent

I have had a email fro them stating they repield to my email and that i was to submit a cancrlation on their account howver i do not have any option on that account to do this and its unclickable no option etc

I therefore emailed them They have since take money from my Paypal account and i have esculated a complant through paypal ..

C-Date are refusing to refund me my money for a product / service i am not using and gave them plenty notice to cancel

I have a emai thread and screen shots and happy to share what is required
                              to assist i this comliant .

regards
                              Martin

• St
                                  Sttar Mar 12, 2021

have you resolved this, i am in the same boat

C-DateIllegal Charges

I had registered for c-date for a month. It was never indicated that this was a service that will register me by default and will keep charging me. However a month later they charged me for another month of service (which i had stopped using long back due to terrible services) without any prior intimation. Most recurring charges (like any apple bill) also ask but they never did. I would like to see what evidence do they have if at all. And now they have send me a legal notice to pay Euros 79. 24 by their collection services company.

Date : Feb 2021

Illegal Charges

C-DateThey charged £192 when the website said £7

They charged a lot more than what they say, £192 instead of £7.

Then to unsubscribe we need to fill a form and send back. What?!

This is a pure SCAM.

SCAMMERS scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers
                                  Scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers scammers

C-DatePayments

Why did you take £39.60p out of my account for could you put it back in my account I did not authorised it to be taken out I will take this matter forward what more information do u need why I should pay the money and can't even get on the dating site would you just put the money back into my account please or I will take this matter further for £39.60p

C-DateWant to cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription. They make it very difficult to end the subscription where you have to fax details to an address in Luxembourg. I've only been on the site for just over a week but I have found the site to be full of fake profiles and people looking to take advantage. I wish to cancel my subscription to stop them from charging me money for another months worth of membership.