Budget Rent-A-Carpoor customer service!

F

I rented a car recently from Budget at the Minneapolis, MN airport. when I returned the car I accidentally left a $80 jacket on the back seat. When I got to the airport I realized I had left my jacket. I immediately called the Budget desk at the Minneapolis airport. This was 30 minutes after turning in my rental car.

I told the man at the desk that I had left my coat on the back seat and would pay to have it shipped to my home. He got my rental agreement number and said he would search for the coat and call me. I never heard back. A couple weeks later I sent an email to Budget via their web site and explained my situation. It took them a couple weeks to reply. They said they haven't found my coat and if they do they will contact me. My complaint is that a Budget employee had to find my coat when they cleaned out the car and they should have turned it in and then I could have gotten my coat back. Also, if the man I talked to at the desk was trained with any customer service savy he could have made contact with the people who checked in my rental car and found out where my coat was. I wonder if Budget really has a lost and found department or if they just have a lost and never found department.

Charlene Olsen May 25, 2008

Budget Rent a car is a complete and utter rip off, anyone looking to rent through BUDGET BEWARE. We rented a car for 2 days and was charged for 3 days rental plus 3 days worth of insurance, and when I called to get this straightened out the guy was extremely rude and basically told me there was nothing that I could do about it and hung up on me, do not rent through budget period

Andrea May 14, 2008

The people cleaning the car probably took it for personal use. Im sure that many of these companies do this. If you leave something in the rental car they assume that you are never coming back and will keep it. Then if you do come back or call to retrieve it, they will obviously lie and say they never found anything to avoid looking like stealers. They should start a protection program where they aleart you if you have left something in your car.