British Gas Servicestelephone waiting time

M

I was kept waiting for an unacceptable time on an 0800 number to British Gas concerning a call made on the behalf of my 81 year old father with his gas bill. He had recently suffered a heart attack and has dementia and was under stress after receiving a letter to say he was behind with his payments when in fact he was in credit.

Waiting time to speak to a representative 26 minutes.

Help given and time speaking to the representative 7 minutes.

I consider 26 minutes an unacceptable time to be kept waiting to rectify the situation which added to my fathers stress.

• El
    Ellenvdk Sep 03, 2008

I've had home care cover for three years. Its only today on our third service that the engineer noticed that the plug for our boiler was fitted with a 13amp fuse instead of a 3amp fuse. He said it was too dangerous to leave and we had to pinch a fuse from a lamp in my house!!
    I phone british gas and they say nothing!!! They said that the risk of fire was not a risk to our lives!! Work that one out!!

• goska 05 Jan 18, 2010

Please .Not I to reach an agreement with British Gas this problem stretches from two years. is my only exposure to the gas bill for me and for you jackek zabickie who hired me Together with the house from 9/02/07 to 30/08/07.British gas still sends me a rate on the date from October 2007 to serpnia 2009. . ŻABICKI J. demnie tasks from the account of the date when he lived, and then recompense Together this account ie f.533, 60