Boscovs Department Storecheck declined

R

I was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania and while there my husband and I went to Boscovs Department Store.
I purchased merchandise and decided to pay by check.
The total sale was for $75.18 and when the salesperson processed the check and tried to get clearance from Certegy, I was told that Certegy declined my check payment. Since I always keep a large balance in my checking account I couldn't understand this, so I decided to speak to someone from Certegy, but only after I went through a long process of speaking to a computerized answering machine. Finally, when I was able to speak to a representative, I asked why my check was declined and was told that it wasn't anything negative about my account but it didn't pass their guidlines. I asked what their guidelines were, but was told they were not allowed to discuss that with me. Needless to say, I was embarassed by the fact that I was holding up the line in the store and the other patrons were looking at me as though I did something wrong. My husband wanted to leave the store and forget about the purchase. Instead, I purchased the merchandise by credit card. I suggest businesses look into the background of Certegy. I would like to get in on any class action suit filed.