Bookit.comfalse advertising

K

I booked a hotel reservation for 5 nights in Costa Rica for 12/25-12/31. The advertised rate was $85 per room, per night for 2 adults, 2 kids. Several days later and after over 15 phone calls (many international), it turns out they had wrong hotel contact info and hotel did not have availablity. Hotel said the rate was supposed to be $85 PER PERSON, per night and hotel would not honor the booking. Bookit negotiated with hotel and this was their offer: Bookit would to pay a higher rate for us but the problem was they only had a room for 3 out of the 5 nights. They had no idea where we could stay the other 2 nights since all area hotels were booked. Finally, I canceled the reservation and am awaiting a refund. They charged my credit card, did not honor the advertised rate, and had no solution to the problem. They need to be held accountable for false advertising and not honoring the agreement with the consumer. So, we have flight reservations with nowhere to stay. My first and last booking with them.

SandorVarga Jan 08, 2016

I would not recommend this travel company to anyone. My wife planned two trips for us, after I had 12 session of chemotherapy. She did to relax, recover, and just being together. The first was scheduled just a few days before Christmas, in Las Vegas, and was booked and paid in the beginning of December 2015. We arrived to the hotel, at the reception the clerk said, this reservation was canceled, because Bookit's credit card was declined. We had to pay the full room charge to check in, and do it everyday, we were locked out from the room once, so we had to check in every morning, until our trip was over. We called Bookit 17 times, spent 7 hours total on the phone, on hold, the people of Bookit, lied, made false promises, they could not say, they are not able to pay the hotel. I called the accounting department, talked to people, they promised to pay immediately. Of course they did not. The hotel reservation manager called them as well, several times. When we checked out, on the 25th, that morning the hotel clerk told us, they got paid 10 minutes ago. My wife also booked and paid a follow up trip to Cancun, where we would spend new years eve, and a few more days. She made the reservation and the payment on October 16th, of 2015. We called the hotel in Mexico, shockingly they have not get paid by Bookit. We called Bookit again, we were on hold forever, finally someone told us, the Cancun trip is taking care of. As probably you suspect, when we arrived, the reservation was not paid, Bookit was not reachable, we had to pay $490 to check in. We tried to call them from Mexico every single day. We had no luck to talk to anyone. The hotel manager constantly called them with the same result. We left the morning, 6th of January, 2016, without Bookit paying the hotel where we stayed.
    There is no words for the frustration, anger, embarrassment and hopelessness. This people let us down twice on the row, lying to us, playing games, ruining our vacation. I am a cancer patient, with stage 3 cancer. My wife tried to cheer me up, taking my mind away from this illness, by planning this trips together, when the future is no so certain. I have never experienced this cruelness, sleazy service from a company in my entire life. They should not be in business, I hope many people read my post and share it, to avoid the experience we went through.
    Sandor Varga
    UPDATE
    As I started to post my experience with Bookit, a representative called us, and promised, she will investigate the case. Next day, they paid the hotel, and called us to let us know, they paid the hotel and everything is all right now.
    Our charges with the hotel will be reversed. She also offered us a $100 dollar discount for our next trip with them. After all these tensions, embarrassment and frustration, they put their apologies into a $100 compensation. Of course no guaranties.
    Again, I am here to save you from emotional roller coaster, stay away from this people, no matter how nice, how great deal what they advertise.
    they will abuse you, and throw you a 100 dollar compensation

• 1m
    1madMommy Aug 03, 2014

Booked 2 suits at Nickelodeon resorts in Orlando. Was told by bookit.com that the rooms had By the rep from bookit.com that Both rooms had a full kitchen. A friend informed me that the 2 bedroom suits do not have one. So I went online to dbl check. My friend was correct! Only a kitchenette. As I was looking I seen that getaroom.com had the exact 2 rooms I was getting for $119.00, I paid $159. So I called to find out 1, why I was told my rooms had stoves & 2, for them to price match as I was informed by the rep I booked with. When I called the new rep was COMPLETELY RUDE! She argued that the rooms DO have stoves and tried to tell me I did NOT know what a kitchen was. I told her to call the resort and ask for herself and when she was done finding out she was wrong she could apologies to me for treating me as if I were stupid. So she called found out she was wrong and WOULD NOT apologize! Then she tried to tell me that she did not see the same price on getaroom.com as I seen but Instead she was seeing it for $159 anf offered to match that price... i explain to her that I paid the same price with them and there should not be a difference in the total and she told me there was a $6 difference? Then she said $7? I said no I do not want her to price match the 2 rooms for the same price and the taxes are the same so there should not be anything to match. I asked her to match the $119.00 again. She kept saying she was nit able to because she is pulling a different price. I the offered to give her the link that was in my address bar, she said ok so I literally gave it to here EXACTLY how it was and yet she said she was still getting the same amount. I said how is that possible? So I used my sons computer to see what it would pull up when I put it in. Low and behold it pulled up the EXACT page I was looking at on my computer! Same price, even The dates I entered! I then offered to send a screen shot so she could see what I was looking at. She refused! I then offered to copy and email the link. She refused that as well but instead offers to upgrade my rooms for $150 more per room!!!. At this point I am beyond frustrated and have been on the phone with her for 45 min! So I ask to be transferred to a supervisor. The rep then decides to tell me that she does not have one but there maybe one available. ???? At this point I said just transfer me. So now I have to explain it all over again to this random supervisor and she literally put me through the same thing! Refused to help with anything and tried lying to me she even called the previous rep a lier. She had just waisted almost an hour of my life. However she did pull up the room on getaroom.com and was able to see they had the same room for $119. But told me it was for the following week! Yet I was still showing for dates I needed. I again offered to do all if the following things that I previously offered the rep. I was willing to email everything even offered a confrence call the other company! I told the supervisor that I was even willing to book the rooms through the other website to PROVE that it was the $119.00 and cancel my reservations with bookit.com but I did not want to because they would charge me $210.00 for canceling. The supervisor then stated if I wanted to go ahead and book with the other company she would give me a FULL 100% refund.? I said if you can guarantee that I will get every last penny back then lets go ahead and cancel. I started the process of booking my rooms through getaroom.com as she started the cancelation. She was about 2 min in and said Mam there is going to be a Charge for cancelation. I said excuses me? You just said you could get me a 100% refund. She said there was nothing she could do and that it would take up to 45 days to get my money back. I was livid at this point! So I said I spent almost $900, I have been polite, patient, and I have gone out of my way to be as helpful as I can to both you and the previous rep and this is what I get????! A partial refund 45 days later yet you take it immediately and you couldn't offer to follow through with your price guarantee or at least come close to it or even offer a customer courtesy FOR ALL YOU HAVE PUT ME THROUGH? She just said would you like me to finish the cancelation or not? I said NO! I am NOT going to loose money because you don't know what your doing! Then she hung up. Go figure! I will NEVER book with them again! EVER!

• Ho
    HOWARD MCWHIRTER Jun 05, 2014

We booked our vacation flight room excursion insurance transportation, with an all "inclusive" package with our flight from Sacramento to Cancun Mexico through BOOKIT.COM BIG MISTAKE...MAY 28, 2014 4:30 PM, WE BOOKED OUR VACATION THOUGHT BOOKIT. THE NEXT DAY MAY 29, 2014 MY GF RECEIVED A COMPUTER GENERATED "EMAIL" WITH ONLY A RETURN FLIGHT THAT WAS TWO DAYS LONG TO RETURN HOME FROM CANCUN HELLLLLLL NOOOOOO, WHICH WE NEVER WOULD DO IN A TRILLION YEAR'S. THEN MY GF RECEIVED A CALL STATING HER CREDIT CARD FAILED, BUT AND ONLY BECAUSE THEY PUT $440 MORE THAN OUR TRIP COST ON IT THAT MORNING, AFTER WE PAID FOR OUR 2 FLIGHTS $987.00 AND WITH OUT ANY REASON? "AREOMEXICO" IS OR WAS OUR AIRLINE, I'VE SPENT OVER 8 HOUR'S ON THE PHONE TALKING AND GIVING OUR COM NUMBERS BLA BLA. TODAY IS JUNE 5, 2014, NOW IT'S BEEN 11 DAYS LATER, AND NOW AND THEY HIT THE GFS CC WITH ANOTHER $800 BUCKS... IT GETS BETTER????
    THEN I CALL AREOMEXICO THEY TELL ME, SIR WE ARE SORRY WE "AREOMEXICO" MADE A MISTAKE AND OUR COMPUTERS MADE THIS ERROR, AGAIN THEY EXPRESSED THEY WERE "SORRY" THIS IS ON TUESDAY MAY 29, 2014! NOW YESTERDAY JUNE 4, 2014 I WAS TOLD BY "BOOKIT.COM" & "AREOMEXICO" THEY BOTH SAY THEY DIDN'T BOOK OUR FLIGHT, AND POINTING THE FINGER AT EACH OTHER! NOW I'VE SPOKEN WITH BOOKIT.COM CORPORATE OFFICE AND WE WILL SEE IF WE GET THE GOLDMINE OR THE SHAFT!
    HOWARD & TERRI TRACY, CA

JUSTICE28 Aug 13, 2013

THERE SHOULD BE JUSTICE FOR ALL WHOM HAS EXPERIENCED DIFFICULTIES IN BOOKING A ROOM WITH BOOKIT.COM!! THEY ADVERTISEMENT IS FALSE AND THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! NEVER RESERVE ANYTHING THROUGH BOOKIT.COM

JUSTICE28 Aug 13, 2013

BOOKIT.COM IS THE WORST SITE TO BOOK ANYTHING! I DON'T ADVISE ANYONE TO USE THIS SITE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, EVER!!

JUSTICE28 Aug 13, 2013

I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE, I DO MEAN ANYONE TO RESERVE ANYTHING WITH BOOKIT.COM. THE SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. THEY LIE. THEY RESERVE WHAT THEY WHAT YOU TO HAVE NOT WHAT YOU REQUEST. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN BOOKING A VACATION I'VE EVER HAD. THEY ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. THEY SHOULD BE REPORTED TO AUTHORITIES AND CLOSED DOWN FOREVER. I WILL BE MAKING A PUBLIC NOTIFICATION WORLD-WIDE ABOUT THEIR WRONGFUL ACTIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS EVEN IF IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO DO SO!!!

Not happy with Book-it Apr 24, 2013

This company is horrible. I've tired for days to cancel a reservation. I paid more to have the ability to cancel. I've been on hold for over 30 minutes with no one picking up. I've opt to have a call back, nothing after waiting over night. I've called the corporate office, same results. I've sent an e-mial to get a reply saying my issue has not been assigned. I reserved a hotel in New York, but since changed my mind about the trip. I might have to take this trip, but will never book with bookit again. I'm also going to contact my charge card company and explain what is going on to see if they can do anything.

• Dl
    dlo1 Nov 02, 2012

Booked a trip to Kona a few weeks ago, it included airfare and car rental. Car rental ended up costing us $200- more than the site claimed. Book-it blamed it on Alamo and Alamo said it was not responsible for the way 3rd party sites advertised their product. Bookit said they don't include the taxes because the prices are somehow different for Alamo in Kona so they don't include those fees. All they had to do is state before you book that the price does not include airport and Hawaii taxes...period. This info should be given before you pay not after!!!
    Below is part of the letter that I sent to them that explains my frustration. Talked to 3 customer service people that gave me the same bull.
    I do wish the terms and agreement box you click before purchasing on the site had a breakdown of the charges not included in the purchase price that you get hit with at the airport. It was not clear enough and only showed the daily rate and not the concession and facility charges etc. It does show the breakdown of the charges with the other car rental companies on the site, so why is that not available with the Alamo bookings. This needs to be very, very clear before purchasing and not offered up after you have already purchased. It is not the complete picture beforehand. Terms and conditions are not clear until after you purchase. The estimated price was nowhere near the final charge which was almost $200- more. I would never have rented this vehicle had I known the real price.
    I go to Hawaii every year and am aware that there are certain taxes etc. but the price can and should reflect that beforehand. I rent cars probably twice a year and have never encountered this before. It just needs to be clear and up front. If you are only going to show me a daily rate before booking I am assuming all of the taxes are included in that if that is the only info you are giving me. Check out the site and note the terms and conditions box only shows the daily rate and not the breakdown of the charges unlike the other rental companies the site books with.
    When the voucher prints out the terms and conditions those conditions do not print for the car, the only terms and conditions that print are for the airline reservation, you have to click on a whole other link to get the terms and conditions This is only after you have paid for the car. This is intentionally misleading.
    They did send something 2 days before I departed on my trip that stated that there may be additional fees. I did not get that e-mail until got back from the trip. Even if I had gotten it there were no rentals on the island at all at that point because that is when the Iron-man competition is happening and you cannot get a car there unless you book weeks ahead of time.
    I will be disputing the charges and filing a complaint with BBB and also look into who actually regulates this site.
    I cannot recommend these Book-it.com!!!

• Ti
    timriddle12 Jan 21, 2011

I AGREE with the customer on this problem! You should honor what you put in writing!! I cannot believe they would not pay the difference!! That is just bad business and Bud Finlaw Should here about this.. Or you may get in touch with Sue Merrit. He is the Owner/founder and she is the VICE PRES, of operations. The number is LOCAL HERE IN PANAMA CITY BEACH BookIt.com® Corporate Offices Direct: [protected] Fax: [protected] Mail: BookIt.com, Inc.
    14251 Panama City Beach Pkwy
    Panama City Beach, FL 32413
    TOLL FREE [protected] BUT BE PREPARED TO TALK TO EVERYONE AND IT WILL TAKE FOREVER :( I WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY WHEN IT WAS TRULY ABOUT THE GUEST!! Sorry you had this expense and experence.

• Ad
    adikoni Jan 05, 2011

Agree you deserve a refund

BTW 99% of hotel rates are based on Double occupancy so no way you would pay $85 for 4 people per night in Buttfuk Nowhere or 1 Star hotel in CR

• Fr
    frqnttrvlr Jan 05, 2011

I booked an all inclusive trip to Mexico the other night, chose the 4 star mystery resort in hopes that we would end up at an awesome resort for way less than the going rate. Well, after i paid for it, i got the itinerary that reveals where we were staying. Do you know they had the oddasity to put a 3.5 star mystery resort emblem on the paperwork and assign us to a hotel that was the same exact price as what i paid for th 4 STAR????? So i was mad and called them up; they said oh, perhaps we can offer you a 10% discount on the difference to upgrade to the 4 star, which is about 1k more. ARE U NUTS??? I am looking at your website and you offer a 4 star hotel!!! Yet it is as clear as glass on my papers that you put me in a 3.5!!!

After 30 minutes of hold time, i finally demanded a spvsr. who assured me they would coach the rep on the mistake and that he would be happy to rebook me in a 4star at a discount. I said no way. i paid for 4, you either give me the upgrade or you give me a discount. He offered a $300 refund. I then told him the last rep before him told me that they had charged me for an extra night (we have a redeye flight, and dont need the hotel that night.) He said i should keep it because after a long flight its nice to have a room ready and ck in isnt until 3. Ok dude, really? We land at 2, and last time i went thru customs it took longer than an hr to do that and shuttle to the hotel. He finally gave in. Ended up with a 465 refund promise, which i have not seen yet...though he said it could take up to 7 days to show. I will be patient and wait it out.

Just goes to show you have to speak up or get ripped off!!!

In all fairness, I have used them several times and this is truly the 1st time i have had issues.

• Al
    Alicia R. Nov 28, 2010

• Bu
    burnz Apr 30, 2010

Voice of Reason, you are obviously another Bookit.com troll lurking about these forums. If you see an item advertised as 9.99$ and you follow it, put in your payment information then get a message saying "We are sorry the price just went up due to demand. It is now 11.99$", that is just an underhanded way to try and get visitors to your site.

As far as your explanation for for the Airlines inventory reflecting on Bookit.com, that is horrible that your programmers can not have the database of flights update more frequently (according to your post it only update when information is sent by the end-user). If it checked flight seating/pricing in a timed interval, let's say every 30 seconds and then populate that information into the database the site is pulling its info from. It would make more sense to me than to mislead.

Sandy Jun 08, 2009

Like any other company in the world, what you are seeing is an advertisement. If you would actually pay attention and read everything instead of call and ask for the $ 399.00 package from Chicago to Cancun and get mad when an agent tells you it is $799.00. It says "starting at". I have been on that websight and it is pretty elementary. All you have to do is follow the directions. Airfare is always live. Not one online travel company has set flights. They always change. Also, if you see an advertisement that says a fabulous hotel in South Beach for 79.00 a night but when you put in your dates it is coming up at 129.00 a night, don't get mad and cry false advertisement. Read everything. They may only have a certain amount of rooms at that rate . Last but not least, don't call wanting a Destin 69.00 special on fourth of July weekend and get pissed cause it is way more. Hello ? It is a holiday weekend and the hotels can raise their rate anytime they want. I am willing to bet that you wanted an advertised special and the price was not what was advertised and you cried fraud without even reading everything. Come on people, pay attention and quit ragging these places just because you too lazy to pay attention!

• Vo
    Voice of Reason Apr 28, 2009

This is addressed to colonial82:

Flight info and pricing is NOT live inventory online. The information you see is what is called "cached" information. That could have been information the airline provided earlier in the day, the previous day, or whatever.

When you try to book it online, the info is sent to the airline and if it doesn't match current availability, pricing, etc. it will bounce back and tell you the price has changed, it is not available, etc.

Nothing the website can do about that.

Seeing a price online is not always a "set" price. Now if it quoted a specific price, you book it and it goes through but then after the fact you realize it charged something different, then you have a legit issue that you can call the company and try to resolve. But remember to have information to back it up. Companies get complaints all the time from people who are just looking for a free handout so they have to determine whether or not you have a legitimate complaint and if you can't prove your complaint, they can't assume you are legit. When you book online, you act as your own travel agent. You're best bet is to research online and then book it by calling the company and book through a sales agent, who then has the responsibility if their is an error in the booking.

• Co
    colonial82 Mar 06, 2009

I had the same experience tonight. I was trying to book a package to Vegas (from Iowa) on a specific day. I was going to name my own price (which would get me in the area) but I went to bookit where I found a great deal (but not out of the realm of possibility not too good to be true). I was about to book it when I say that the arrival time in Vegas was not showing up on ANY of the flights. So I called to find out, and they kept telling me that there was no such deal, that it must have been a mistake in their computer. I asked them what would happen if I booked it they said I would not get my money back (the manger said something diff.)

They were trying to claim that non of the flights listed where in their system (even though I had seen the same flights on other sites). They even tried to claim that Delta an Northwest had not merged! I kid you not. Flying into/out of CID it is common for you to book a flight w/one carrier but to be on the plan of another. One time I booked a flight for 200 dollars when the same flight from Northwest was 1200. Again remember I was on the same plain! However, the bookit manager and rep claimed that carriers never buy/give you seats on another line! They then tried to lie and say the only flight from Ceder Rapids were 737s!!!

737's for Eastern Iowa Airport all day long... that's ridiculous. Eventually after getting double speak I tried to book the deal and of course it wouldn't go through. I wonder why.

Now remember that the price of the package was about the same as naming my own price on priceline, and getting a hotel from hotwire.

I took screen shots, the package and I'm going to look up Iowa law to see if they would have had to honor it. I know that in Ohio, if someone advertises something they HAVE to give it to you at that price.

• Fl
    flyingfish Feb 10, 2009

Definitely stay away from this company!!! Horrible experience with booking a package. I tried booking a package that came to a total of $1722.00 (hotel and airfare $725 + $17 transfer fee + $119.00 taxes= $861 per person). Magically, though, I was charged $245 for taxes without it even showing up on the booking screen, so my total came to $1967.00. I will never use them again.

• Mi
    Michael Jan 07, 2009

Stay away from this company!!! Their adds/promotions on the website are misleading and do not exist. I booked the vocation and on next day got call that it's not available (mistake on the website in the price). They tried to switch me to the hotel, which was much lower quality and for inconvenience agreed to pay only $300 toward another hotel. Spent 4 hours on the phone / website to book and the same amount of time to cancel it. Horrible experience...

Josh Dec 18, 2008

Stay away from this company!!! There adds/promotions are misleading and do not exist.