Having problems with Booking.com?

+44 203 320 2609 (International)
+1 888 850 3958 (United States)
+44 208 612 8000 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 283 000 (Ireland)
+61 292 559 200 (Australia)
+64 93 004 670 (New Zealand)
+43 120 5550 (Austria)
+32 22 075 800 (Belgium)
+45 33 443 340 (Denmark)
+351 211 208 000 (Portugal)
+41 442 003 850 (Switzerland)
+852 29 558 700 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 967 800 (Malaysia)
+63 29 882 000 (Philippines)
+65 66 033 400 (Singapore)
+27 216 812 520 (South Africa)
+54 115 296 5600 (Argentina)
Herengracht 597
Amsterdam
Netherlands - 1017CE

Complaints & Reviews

Booking.comnever give credit / debit card number

I had security incident on booking.com. It allows pay hotel deposit above my limit for internet payments. This is due fact, that payment is not provided by booking.com but booking.com will send your credit card number to hotel and hotel will charge you card using POS. Therefore there is no way how protect your card setting limits for internet payment. I complained to mastercard, they did nothing. The only way is do not use credit/debet card on booking com.

Booking.com — robbed by booking.com by the name of cancellation fee

I was robbed by booking.com ! I was a very frequent user of this site until the last month. I placed an...

Booking.com — they deleted my valid review.

Hello. I had stayed at Nova Park Hotel which was booked directly from booking.com. I had a horrendou...

Booking.comterrible company

When you give your credit card details to this company, you are not paying securely over thier server. They are using your card details to make a booking direct with the hotel.
    As a consequence, I was debited for a £140 overseas banking charge on a large group booking for work. Imagine if you owned a business and you took an order from a customer by card. Would you even dream of then, taking those card details to make the order with your supplier?? No neither would i. Is this even legal??
    Oh, and don't bother to call their complaints line either. It's based in the netherlands and they don't give two hoots! Avoid this website at all costs.

Booking.comhotel booking site

Utmost cheating by booking.com
      We had booked from 31st oct to 2nd nov 2014 at Berne Opéra, Paris ‏ through booking.com.
      Though I booked for 5 people I GOT CONFIRMATION FOR 4.
      This happened as soon as I made the booking online.
      This fact was immediately bought to the notice of customer service, booking.com.Nothing happened.
      We even wrote to the CEO of booking.com.
      No reply.
      Later on we had no choice than to pay 80 euros for a child for 2 nights for no fault of ours.
      Complete arrogance & cheating.
      Shrikant Chouhan.
      [protected].

Booking.commisuse our credit cards

I booked corbigo hotel at London pn 22 aug.within few hours I had to cancel my booking as my 10month old baby boy met with a small accident. Hotel took full amount from my credit card. At UK we trust hotel, trading standard and booking. Com. They advertise no charges for booking but misuse our credit cards.

Booking.comcharges not as indicated on voucher

For my trip to Porto ( Aug 27 - Sept 3, 2015) I made a reservation (PT535691410) for a car via : bookingcar.eu / cartrawler/avis-Budget.
          I took an extra CDW with AXA ( 50€ extra) at the booking July 14th.
          When collecting the car the AXA Insurance was not accepted an I had to take an additional CDW.
          At the return of the car ( full tank ) no detail was given about the costs accounted for.
          At the booking ( in July ) the expected costs where 255.62€ ( Axa Insurance included ). Afterall I was charged 456€ ( highway toll included ) .
          Unless explained I have no intention to book indirectly again via booking.com.
          Regards, Georges Broux

Booking.comremoved funds from my account booking.com do not use

I have spoken to booking.com today as they have kindly taken £204.00 out of my account in relation to a booking which was cancelled 6 months ago. I spoke to the Cambridge team who spoke to "Julie in accounts" and admitted it was their mistake but there was nothing they could do. As a result I am incurring bank charges and my mortgage has not been paid. The booking was made for a stay in Jardins de Eiffel in Paris for September and was cancelled on a "FEE CANCELLATION BASIS" 6 months ago. Why they would access my bank account in August in relation to a booking cancelled 6 months previously is beyond me. The service is atrocious and I will not use this company again despite making numerous bookings in the past. I am now having to speak to my mortgage provider and bank to commence fraudulent proceedings as a result of their refusal to cancel the charge from their end. They have referred me to my bank however the bank are unable to cancel a transaction BOOKING.COM AUTHORISED. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE I will be making a court claim for the charges incurred as a result of their service and refusal to deal with THEIR MISTAKE.

Booking.comincorrect date

I would like to make a complaint about a recent booking. On Saturday 15th August 2015 I used a friends laptop to make a hotel booking. I firstly used Trivago to search hotels in Poole/Bournemouth for Sunday 16th August 2015. The one that came up that I wanted to book was for 2 rooms at the Russell Court Hotel paying £39.99 for each room. I selected 'BOOK NOW' which then led me to your website 'Booking.com' I entered the details required for each room and selected to pay. After this I had no internet as I was no longer at my friends house. We arrived at the Russel Court Hotel, I gave the confirmation number that I was sent via text message and the concierge said he had no booking for us. He searched his computer and then found a booking for the 6th of September for two rooms. Much to my dismay we had travelled from home 130 miles and didn't have a hotel room. The gentleman at reception said they had two rooms available for that night costing £60 each which we then had to book as we couldn't very well turn around and go home. This left us with very little money for our first family trip away since having our new baby. I feel extremely let down by your website as i double checked the date, names and room info before booking yet your website somehow changed the dates. I would like to know what your web technicians are going to do to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else, of course that's if you haven't already had a string of complaints about this already. I would also like to know what you are going to do to restore my faith in your website as I don't feel confident in using it again to book hotels if this is the outcome? In total we paid £80.00) for the original booking online then a further £120 on arrival. I will either expect a refund for the 6th September 2015 or a 1 night stay (2 rooms) in another hotel (Closer to home, as not able to travel to Bourenmouth again!) I await your rapid response via email with good news.

www.booking.comprice rip - off

www.booking.com rip-off/scam.

Here is my story:

On April 7th 2015, I made a reservation, through www.booking.com, at Shoreline Island Resort. Eights nights, including the 4th of July weekend at the premium of $40 a day for

that weekend. The total price given to me by www.booking.com was $1702.40 (including taxes). The company advertised this price as the lowest guaranteed. I took their word for

it. Big mistake.

While being at the resort, I looked at the resort's brochure. It included pricing for 2015 year. This brochure, and included pricing, was made available before the beginning

of 2015. It was certainly available to www.booking.com on April the 7th. The total price for the same period added up (including taxes) to $1360.80.

This means that www.booking.com charged me $341.60 (25%) more than the listed price. By advertising their price as the lowest, www.booking.com simply committed false

advertising. It should be, if it isn't a crime punishable by law.

I got in touch with www.booking.com to resolve this issue (to get back the difference). Their response was that they would not do anything about it because I complained after

the departure day.

Well. The lesson learned. Do not trust "the lowest price guaranteed" by www.booking.com. It is a simple, unethical lie.

Andrzej Piechnik

Booking.com — Booking.com confirmed reservation not being honoured

Hi On 29 Jun 2015, I made a hotel reservation on Booking.com for Hotel Schützen Lauterbrunnen, checking...

Booking.comcredit card hacked

I input my credit card info on the Booking.com application and the next day several unauthorised internet transactions were showing up on my Card a/c . Had it not been for the timely intervention of my credit card issuer, the loss would have greatly exceeded the almost USD4000 it Stands as at now. To make matters worse, Booking.com told me to go and see my bank without caring at all about their responsibility in what I an going through.

Booking.comfalse offer of refund; cancelled booking - no refund

I had booked hotels through booking.com to stay in Spain. My father was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with cancer. For the next 28 days his life was touch and go, his poor health continues. I am his primary carer and could not leave to go on a holiday. So of course I had to cancel my pre-booked hotels. Booking.com promised to refund half of my hotel cost for LifeApartmentsMadrid (who booking.com said would not refund any of the cost). They then cancelled my booking and I could not leave a negative review about the hotel. HOWEVER, once the booking was cancelled Booking.com did not refund the money. They also do not answer my messages asking why the refund never occurred. This is despite their having requested I prove my father's condition and supply them with proof that I had paid for the hotel (which I did)! In times of trouble and great despair, the generosity and kindness of people makes all the difference -- so does the reverse. Appalling treatment.

Booking.combooking non existent apartment

Booked non existent apartment.
                      1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2015
                      We have used Booking.com many times but we have been scammed.
                      In May we booked an apartment through them for a week in London in October. A few days after booking we received an official looking booking and introduction letter from the Apartment owners. That asked if we needed airport transfers etc. Two days letter we received another email from the owners asking for early payment. As we had b ooked through Booking.com I thought all was legit. We paid. A month later I decided to check our accommodation. I could not find it on Booking.com. I checked the website and email address from our welcoming email and found it did not exist. The address given on Bookin.com exists but it is for a private apartment. I rang Booking.com and alerted them to the fact that I have booked a non existent apartment. Later that week I received a cancellation letter saying I have cancelled the booking but they had waived the cancellation fee which we should have been billed for. I rang again and said how could there be a cancellation fee when there is no apartment. I requested full repayment of monies that I had paid. I forwarded a copy of the letter from my bank stating that the money is not traceable or retrievable. Booking.com then said they have sent off my letter to their accounts department for possible refund. 3 weeks later and more phone calls still nothing. Booking.com should have checked the apartment out before allowing them to be on their site. Here's hoping for refund.

Booking.comcancellation without proper anticipation

I booked my vacations on Booking.com to go to Euro Disney with my family. 2 days before my trip an agent called me to tell me that my reservation was cancelled because of problems with the hotel. She told me they were looking for a similar hotel/price in the same area. Unfortunately all they could find was a hotel more than 25 km far from the previous one, without public transportation near the hotel and more expensive than the first one. Also, they didn’t have availability for my full stay so I had to stay the last night in a different hotel in another city. On top, I was charged parking fee and a supplementary pet fee (that the first hotel didn’t charge). I made the complaint to Booking.com customer service requesting the reimbursement for the parking and the supplementary pet charge and I never receive an answer. The customer service of Booking.com is completely useless.

Booking.comcancelled hotel

I have booked accommodation on Booking.com for a holiday in July after months of research and 6 months ahead before our holiday to be safe and to take advantage of the cheap prices.
                          The Hotel that I booked via Booking.com cancelled my booking a month prior to my holiday due to some renovations happening there at the time. I have to mention that July is the peak of the high season in Greece with prices going up by at least 200 Euros for decent places. I called Booking.com who told me clearly that the process is: they contact the hotel and ask hotel if they can suggest any alternative accommodation. I asked the customer representative, what would happen if the hotel they find will be more expensive than what I originally booked because I have spent hours again looking for a decent place to stay, but all the well priced options have been booked out. He said to me, don’t worry, if the new hotel will be more expensive, we will cover the costs, but first we need to contact the previous hotel and ask them to offer an alternative. So they did, then they sent me(from booking.com not the first hotel) 3 alternative options, which were totally NOT suitable and definitely didn’t meet any of the criteria that was placed before when booking the first hotel. After the 3 cheap hotels they offered, I thought I should mention that there is alternative accommodation that can be booked, but now, because we waited for so long with emails back and forward, the cheaper options I have found later(which were already more expensive than the original option) are now gone as well and the only hotel that is left is the one with 210 Euros extra on top what I have originally booked for. Then, suddenly, booking.com wrote me that they are able to cover anything that has a difference of under 100 Euros. Which would have been REALLY good to know a week ago when those hotels with under 100 Euros difference were still available!!! Now, the only place that is left is the one with the 210 Euros and guess who will need to cover the additional 110 Euros- that’s right- me the customer!
                          This whole story is to LET PEOPLE KNOW that booking.com policy is to cover up to 100 Euros on any alternative accommodation in case yours was cancelled by the Hotel.
                          So DON’T WAIT FOR BOOKING.COM ALTERNATIVE CHEAP SUGGESTIONS THAT WOULDN’T MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS! Book something ASAP yourself as you will miss out on hotels you like AND WILL BE OUT OF POCKET thanks to Booking.com procedures. Apparently, when speaking to them second and last time, I was meant to know to mention the alternative Hotel that I had in mind. That’s when they specifically told me that THEY will deal with everything and I shouldn’t be worried about anything at all as its all will be covered by Booking.com – NOT.
                          Don’t get tricked! Be aware, don’t sit and wait, book what you like if its just a little bit more expensive and then ask for the difference to be covered by Booking.com.
                          Hope this helps someone.
                          A VERY unhappy customer that has to throw 110 Euros to the bin now because of how Booking.com operates.

Booking.comno reply or promised refund

I booked two rooms in a hotel in Thailand, the rooms were very very bad and I mentioned this to Booking.com who investigated this and replied as a gesture of goodwill they were going to compensate me the room price. Since then they fail to answer any contact requests via there "customer services"

Booking.com case [protected] Customer Service Team: Muslim Ibrahimi

Booking.comrefusal of refund

I reserved a hotel in San Francisco 6 months in advance. The advertisement said that I could book now and pay later. The full amount ($1200) was charged to my card immediately. The reservation also stated that I could not cancel or make changes. Two months after booking, I received an email stating that the hotel canceled my reservation. In order to receive a refund, I would need to provide a bank statement showing that I had been charged for the stay. I have provided this twice with all personal bank information blocked out and only the last digits of the card info and the actual charge showing. Booking.com still insists that this is not enough proof to provide a refund. I asked that they contact the hotel directly to confirm the charge and amount, and they are unwilling to do so. I will not use this site again for travel.

Booking.comdon't trust booking.com

I have booked a hotel room for coming October via booking.com. When I book the hotel, there is a "pay now" and "non-refundable" terms because booking.com claims this is the best price to book this hotel now. I believe and therefore paid the full fare.
                                However, just 3 weeks after I paid, I found the price for same stays at booking.com further reduced by CHF$300 (i.e. the price vary by 43% just in 3 weeks)! I called booking.com to claim for the "best price guarantee" but was rejected due to the "non-refundable" term!

• Tr
                                    Trod1 Sep 02, 2018

Agree, don’t ever trust or use Booking.com.
                                    We did an apartment booking and agreed a checkin with the owner. The owner never turned up but it was our decision to not wait on the streeet any longer (2 hours) and got charged for the booking. The property owner can change checkin times without any notification. Booking.com didn’t assist or help even after multiple calls and emails to Booking.com and the property owner.

Booking.com — fraudulent transactions on my credit card

I made a booking at a guset house with bookings.com. The guest house then took a 50% Deposit off my account...

Nelspruit