Menu
Home Cars, Parts & Vehicles BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke CPO Warranty
T
Author of the complaint
10:39 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the way home from work on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, my car broke down. It is a 2018 BMW 330i and still under the Certified Pre Owned Unlimited Warranty Mileage with BMW North America until June 2023. The car gave a low coolant message, and it eventually stalled as I exited from Route 287, a hazardous highway with large trucks always present. The car wholly stalled, and I am perplexed because I had kept regular maintenance appointments and was at Open Road BMW on April 15, 2022, when I had an oil change done on the vehicle and the complimentary multi-point inspection that the dealership advertises. My question falls in this category if my car received the service and check, how is it that the coolant is low? Especially since there were no signs or indicators before the vehicle had issues on May 18th.

First, let me preface that I have been a reliable customer of BMW as this is my second vehicle from Open Road, and I consider the relationship lifelong. On Saturday, May 21, 2022, I had my car towed by BMW Roadside Assistance to Open Road BMW in Edison, and after a few hours, I received a call from Mr. Lason Cruz, who stated that I am covered under the CPO warranty. I inquired about a loaner car and was told that none were available at the time. The weekend passed, and I called Mr. Cruz on Tuesday, May 24th, when he assured me that I was covered and could pick up the loaner car. I was at work at the time and told him I would come in at 4:30-5:00 pm.

As I was arriving, I received a call from Mr. Cruz where he loudly stated that I was no longer approved for the repair and that the loaner would be denied. He reasoned that the computer in the vehicle calculated that I had driven the car after the coolant message came on. I must add that the dashboard temperature gauge remained ordinary as I drove home to secure my safety. I was taken aback by how he spoke to me as he let everyone in the dealership hear his admonishing tone. I remained professional and asked him for the number to corporate headquarters, which he provided.

When I called the corporate office of BMW on May 24th and explained my situation to the customer service representative Janie, she took notes. She said someone would return my call and address the abovementioned concerns, possibly reconsidering my request to complete the repairs on my vehicle. I placed an additional call on May 26th, spoke to Dominique in customer service, and she routed the call to Christina, the case manager responsible for my particular situation. I left a message inquiring when I could expect a decision. As of today, I am still waiting to hear from BMW Corporate.

In conclusion, this entire situation has been nightmarish and stressful, I have never missed a payment or service appointment, and this is my second BMW purchased from Open Road; I am seeking complete remedy as Mr. Cruz first stated 20,000 dollars for the repair on Tuesday, May 24th. I just received a notification from Mr. John Ladany, who sent an estimate of nearly 28,000 dollars for the repair. I paid 27 995 for the vehicle on June 30, 2021. They are being quite ridiculous here, and the public needs to be aware of this.

ADVERTISIMENT

The company just called and decided to fix my car, I am a lifelong customer of BMW and I am pleased to say that the relationship will continue. Please remove this complaint because it has been resolved to my satisfaction.

0 comments