Menu
C
Author of the complaint
5:48 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for BlueMountain.com one evening very late at night to send a card to my cousin who is ill. I searched for free cards and blue mountain came up. I went through all the decisions of selecting a card and provided my credit card info.

I realize that was MY mistake, but I was vulnerable, it was late at night, and I was upset about my cousin.

Then I figured, oh well, maybe I'll send some other cards and see if I like the service, and then I WROTE DOWN THE DATE MY TRIAL EXPIRED SO I WOULDN'T FORGET IT!

That date should have been today, March 2nd, and I planned to cancel when I arrived at work, but BlueMountain.com had already charged my account! They did not even give me the full day!

I tried contacting them and was subjected to THE MOST FRUSTRATING, CIRCULAR ON-LINE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. I tried the phone number and that did not work either...

I kept wondering how a compnay could make money on this. I am middle-aged; I figure young people don't use these kinds of cards (they know how to access the free ones). Old people don't use these, but maybe people like me, who have enough computer savvy to be dangerous, think they'll try it and then they get zapped!

Ironically, my cousin never received her card! So, I have now paid $30 for a card that was not even read!

During the trial period I did not use bluemountain at all, and I received no reminders or emails from them

I am going to try to get this charge removed from my account, but fortunately, I have a job and I cannot spend all my time on resolving this. I do pledge that if I am not successful, I will use the cards and write on every one that bluemountain.com is a terrible site and people should use one of the truly FREE sites that my husband since told me about.

I hope other people come forward and relates similar accounts so people will know NOT to do business with bluemountain.com!

More BlueMountain.com complaints & reviews

BlueMountain.com - billing without availability to services
BlueMountain.com - billed for free trial offer
BlueMountain.com - can't contact customer service
BlueMountain.com - e card scam
BlueMountain.com - difficult to cancel auto renewal
BlueMountain.com - rip-off
8 comments
E
Jun 03, 2022 11:52 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I canceled my subscription to Bluemountain cards multiple times, and I am still getting billed for it. I sent them an email today stating this problem. Here is what I wrote:

Hello,

I have canceled my subscription to this service. Please make sure that my information is deleted. I have tried to cancel my subscription before, but it keeps coming back. Please delete my information, and cease billing me. I will be forwarding this information to Consumer Affairs.

I have attached a picture of my canceled subscription in case there is any confusion.

Erin Costa

View 0 more photos
Z
Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am EDT

I bought 10 greetings cards from the website www.bluemountain.com. The website is real scam and I won’t advise to buy from them. I got only 3 greetings cards, but after that the seller simply started to avoid me and no info about my order. I tried to reach the seller, but the customer services were the worst. I called, left messages and sent emails, but these jerks ignored me. The worst company, so stay away from them.

K
Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am EDT

This place is a BIG ripoff, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to ever speak to a real person or to get a resolution to any compklaints! I urge people NEVER to pay for this service! It is so easy to get free greeting cards on the web so ther eis NO need for Blue Mountain to exist!

D
Sep 02, 2009 3:54 pm EDT

Hopefully this will help all the other people out there that have tried unsuccessfully to get a phone number to cancel their "free trail" membership BEFORE they are charged with BlueMountain.com - a website to create electronic and printable cards.

Their website does NOT list a phone number, or if it does, I certainly could not find it. After many searches thru yahoo and finally finding a technical number, who in turn, gave me the actual toll free number to BlueMountain, and after MANY tries thru the automated system, I figured out a way that I finally talked to a human.

My advice is to keep yelling "AGENT" at every prompt until you finally get a real live person on the line.

Do not press any choices, just scream "AGENT" at every prompt!

It is ridiculous that it takes so much time and effort to reach someone to cancel a membership.

D
Sep 23, 2009 10:15 am EDT

Why does the government not stop companies such as Blue Mountain from doing this to people.

I too have been caught up in there scam. I canceled my membership within two days, service was not what I expected, and was told via email that my subcription was canceled. But they drafted my account anyway.

Now I can't find a method to get my money back. I tried the suggestion of saying agent, continually, but now the automated system will just say goodbye if you don't press a button or say what they ask you to say. It's clearly a scam and I intend to contact my local news that looks in to such things and have them assist me in stopping this from happening to more people.

I will not rest until Blue Mountain has paid me back or their name has been posted on enough news show that people will no longer use their site.

Thanks for listening!
Donna
North Carolina

B
Aug 13, 2010 7:00 pm EDT

I used to get free eCards through this site years ago, so thought I could still do that. Went to their site, picked a card, then they wanted all kinds of information, but when they asked for my credit card number, I stopped, navigated away from the site and didn't give them that info. I didn't want to pay, wanted a free card like they used to give.

Anyway, 2 months later I get a bill from BillMeLater, which I didn't recognize. Apparently, BlueMountain.com had taken the info I had input and used it to bill me, and not only that, BillMeLater was charging me late fees on top of it. I never used their service and never gave them my credit card info.

I tried to contact BlueMountain.com through their so-called customer service phone number, ha, and that was a circular argument with a machine. Then I emailed them and received a canned email back telling me that I had passed the trial period and could not receive a refund - trial period of what? I never signed up.

Now I have copied all the aforementioned documents and am sending a letter with attachments to BlueMountain.com - which is a subsidiary of American Greetings by the way... and to BillMeLater. This is total BS~! what a scam.

L
Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am EDT

And as others have reported (and I've experienced) they make it next to impossible to cancer the service once you sign up. I was lured into subscribing when I received a nice card from a friend. But after my experience, my advice is to steer clear of this unethical company.

A
Aug 16, 2010 8:10 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please email [email protected] for assistance. Please include your membership information like your email address and/or customer number. I'll have some one look into this. The only way you would've been charged is if you completed the sign up process. It would be impossible for us to bill you unless you completed it. Speaking of which, to use Bill Me Later you need to enter part of your social security number and pass a credit check so it sounds like you did complete the process and forgot about it.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Manager

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

46 complaints

One American Road, Ohio United States
Website
Category

Most discussed complaints

scam 1 (opinions to this review)