Complaints & Reviews

refund never received

I ordered clothing from blair on october 13th, 2012 r returned to blair on october 18th, 2012, they received...

Resolved magazine scam

When you place an order for a product from Blair they PUSH magazines with a promise of $25.00 off your order and that the magazine companies will not continue to send magazines after 3 months unless you renew. I told someone at Blair a year ago that I was still getting magazines that I did not want. They gave me a number to call that went to a "terminal hold" so I just gave up - - - long story short - a year later I was able to talk to someone after I saw a $103.00 balance on an account I thought I had closed. Was it for magazines, no - - - it was late charges for magazines I didn't pay for, didn't want and threw in the trash. The magazine company reversed their charges but I still had to pay the late charges. And oh, by the way, I never got the discount either. My advise - - - tell anyone trying to push 3 month magazine trials on you NO and don't do business with BlairQ!

Resolved barred from ordering

If you ever question any thing Blairs does, they will black ball you from ordering. I ordered a pair of...

unwanted subscription to junk jewelry

My 85-year-old mother, a regular Blair customer, received a mailing from Blair telling her that, because she...

Resolved deceptive advertising

I received a mailing from Blair with a $30.00 gift voucher. It
stated that it applied to any item from this mailing. It expired
in Jan., 2011. I phoned in an order to redeem the voucher and
they did not acknowledge it--they said it meant they would send me a gift that they claim was worth $30.00 (an inexpensive gold pendent). This is deceptive advertising at its worst! I have been a long time customer and I would be very hesitant to order from them again and would not recommend them. When you place an order by phone they bombard you with high pressure sales tactics for other unrelated products you have no interest in such as magazines, memberships, etc.etc, etc.

• Li
    Linda Owston Aug 30, 2009

I ordered some pants for my father several months ago on a checking account that I only use for him. Because I only use it once in awhile, I noticed today a charge of $14.95 for something called Blair Rewards. I have no idea what that is, and never authorized any charge like this. I thought this was an honest and old company. What a shame they have to do things like this to ruin their reputation. I have called them, but get no response. I can not afford to have this on my card. I would like them to cancel this charge and give me my month back that they took. How do I do this? Linda

• Li
    Linda Rickard Feb 28, 2011

On Feb 1st 2011, I sent a check for $29.98 to this company for two fleece jackets. They cashed my check on Feb. 8 2011. I have not received the merchandise nor heard anything from them.

sahtdks Feb 28, 2012

did you call them to find out what is going on with your order, the items are probably on backorder, you people crack me up and then your on the phone complaining or on this website complaining that your going to get your lawyers involved, YOUR STUPID

ripping consumers off

I'm a new customer to Blair, never ordered anything from them before until just recently. I ordered 2...

credit card charges

I've seen many complaints about Blair charges on credit cards for Blair RWD. I too, just now found it after 18 months!! My husband pays the credit cad bills and never noticed it. I called Blair and they were going to refund 2 months. I said that wasn't enough and they are going to credit my account with ALL 18 months of charges. The charges are for some reward program that many inadvertently signed up for due to a sneaky practice of offering $15 off next purchase by 'trying out' their rewards program. I do not recall any such offer being made and was adamant about that when I spoke with them. Don't give up. They WILL refund your money if you are persistent.

unauthorizedmonthly charges

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I just finished speaking with my credit card represenatives about fraudulent charges on our credit card from Blair amounting to $14.95 a month for five months. My husband takes care of the bills so I was unaware of the charges until today when I reviewed our credit card bill and really got upset when I saw those five unauthorized charges from Blair!

My credit card company said that they could not “block” Blair from my charge card but said that if I closed my account with them and made fraud charges against Blair that their security department would investigate them.

It is interesting how they bill:
BLAIR RWD
then an ID number
followed with the following telephone number: [protected].

When I phoned the [protected], number associated with the charge, I was told that it was Encore Marketing, not Blair.

I spoke with the first representative, Marcie, who told me that I had agreed to “Blair Rewards” which I had NOT! I asked her if she had a signed copy of “my agreement”. She had no answer to that query on my part. She said that she had the authorization to immediately close my account with them (which she said she did) and to pay me for the last two payments of $14.95. I told her that we wanted a total of five $14.95 charges on our account. She said that she was not authorized to do that. I then told her I was not satisfied with that again and requested that she connect me with her boss. Marcie was a very polite woman who dealt with my rage in a nice manner.

She did connect me with another woman named Sonja. I explained to Sonja that she had two choices.

1. Repay us for the five fraudulent charges of $14.95 OR

2. We would cancel our credit card immediately. I told Sonja at that same point, as directed
by my credit card representative, I would be speaking with the credit card companies security department notifying them of our fraudulent charges. The credit card company would then investigate Blair and Encore Marketing.

Sonja decided without any more talking that we would receive the five payment credits. They would be credited to our account with in the next one to two billing cycles.

Needless to say, I will NEVER again order from Blair mail order catalogue.

After surfing the web, I have found many other people with the same complaint, some on this site. I hope this note may help some one else who has had the same fraudulent action on their credit card.

Resolved finance charges/late fees connected to holsted jewelery

Jewelery charged to my mother-in-laws Blair account and we have been fighting it for 4 months to get all charges cleared. Everytime I call for her (with her being present) they tell me the next statement will be zero.

She DID NOT order any jewelery and sent BOTH peices back. They are now charging her $7.99 and have turned this over to collections. I spent 1 hr and 45 min. on the phone back and forth from Blair/Holsted Jewelers/collections and can get NO results.

My mother-in-law and I both feel she does not owe anything on something she never ordered in the first place. It has now gotten to the point that the bank that handles Blair accts. has been very insulting and rude. The gentleman at Holsted was not helpful at all after I tried to impress upon him that you just can not send these things to older people.

I am still fighting the $7.99 charge. She can pay it but it's the principle of the idea that she never order the crap to begin with.

Where do I go now for some true assistance?

• Dw
    dwilk27 Dec 23, 2010

We ordered a ring for 6.95 looked at it and returned it now we are informed that we owe 245.00 and are 4 months in arrears and never received anything for it

• Dw
    dwilk27 Dec 23, 2010

we are caught in the same scam purchased a ring for 6.95 returned it and now owe 245.00 and 4 months in arrears. Called and called to be assured the charges would be reversed only to keep geeting harrassing calls from World Financial Bank This used to be a good company but are grave robbers now very sad

Resolved scam - $14.95 charges to cc

I ordered something from Blair in August 2009, and they automatically enrolled me in a "marketing rewards" program, and I was charged $14.95 per month for 5 months. I called Blair and challenged this scam, and referenced the many complaints I read on the internet about this particular scam. They offered to reverse the charges, but I had to go up two levels and raise absolute hell to get it done. Call this number directly if it happens to you - [protected] and ask for Tanna.

Resolved inferior products

I bought 6 pairs of Full Elastic Waist Band Jeans. Complete trash. The first pair I wore developed a small rip where the rear pockets were attached to the jeans. I wrote that off as a fluke. Unfortunately the next pair had the same problem after being worn once but ripped out completely before I reached home. (I'm 62 years old. The pants I purchased were NOT skin tight) Anyway I tried to salvage the other 5 pairs by having the local seamstress reinforce both rear pocket areas. That worked but at a cost of $6 per pair. Also the 'seamstress' noticed that the inseam of the pants were random measurement. Long story short... 4 of the 6 pairs I bought had to have the inseam length re-done at a cost of $10 per pair.

Now I have 5 'wear-able' jeans that cost to me $12 bucks per pair to make 'wear-able'. The jeans looked fine when I received them but the material they're made out of is inferior to any jeans I've ever bought in my 62 years...

Completely disappointed in my purchase. Another thing...with this company you have to watch out for hidden charges.

Resolved bill

my name is terry tattersley,
i have a major complaint about a bill i keep recieveing. for something i have not recieved or ordered.
i've been a good customer for years.
if you check your records you will see that i paid my bill in full at all times for everything i've ordered or kept..
i have not ordered anything since Dec. 2007. (CHECK YOUR RECORDS)!
i move in Jan.2009 and all of a sudden i'm recieveing a bill for something that was ordered from my old address.
i recieved a letter today fromWORLD FINANCIAL, and spoke to the women there. explain to her what was going on she gave me the phone number to blair collections and a man answered the phone. i explained to him what was going on and he transfered my called to a message hold on board...i held on for 26 minutes and no one answered the phone. so that's when i decicded to e-mail you..
i was told to tell you that my account was not properly credited.therefore i'm not paying the bill.

thank you and i would greatly apprecate something to ber done...
account #[protected]-929-496

Resolved stealing money from my credit card

Blair is stealing money from good, loyal and faithful customers by enrolling them in this scam called...

unauthorized charges

I continue to receive a $14.95 unauthorized charge on my account each month. I've contacted Blair...

Resolved $14.95 membership fee

I found another $14.95 charge on my credit card from Blair and knew I hadn't ordered anything this month.

They scammed me with some click here agreement to get awards. It's an award to them to agree to this.

I was very happy with my order, and was prepared to purchase future items, but I will never order another thing from this back stabbing, pocket picking, company that ranks right up there with the burglar dressed as a utility worker.

DON"T BUY ANYTHING FROM BLAIR !!!

• Le
    Leonard Bender Jul 07, 2009

I had $14.95 removed from my Account with out my Consent, How can I have this taken care of, THANK YOU!

Leonard Bender 21272 Lyndon, Morrison, ILL. [email protected]

ANGRY5200 Jul 16, 2009

BETTER CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER ON YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD BEFORE IT HAPPENS AGAIN

ANGRY5200 Jul 16, 2009

i WAS TOLD BY HUGHES NET WHEN I ORDERED MY SERVICE THAT THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGES UNTIL AFTER MY 30 DAY TRIAL PERIOD TO SEE IF I LIKED THE SERVICE BUT AT THE SAME TIME MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WAS BEING BILLED $187.00 OF WHICH i DID NOT KNOW UNTIL I RECEIVED MY BANK STATEMENT, I CALLED HUGHES TO CANCEL AND REQUESTED A REFUND AND THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS NON-REFUNDABLE.

FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING HERE WE ARE BETTER OFF NOT ORDERING FROM ANYONE. THESE COMPANIES ARE GETTING BY WITH TOO MUCH. WE NEED TO BOMBARD THE BBB WITH SO MANY COMPLIANTS THAT SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN.
    SOMEONE/SOMEWHERE HAS GOT TO PUT A STOP TO ALL THE SUPPOSED TO BE CONTRACTS THAT WE ARE NOT TOLD ABOUT.

PUT A STOP TO CONTRACTS FOR THESE TYPE SERVICES.

Resolved non receipt and billing issues

Harrassing phone calls from World Financial Capital Bank for jewelry not received and one empty box which the local postmaster wrote on the invoice, stamped it and sent it back to them. I have made over 10 phone calls to get this corrected but no one seems to communicate within the other areas of the company. I have been told to call 5 different phone numbers to get this corrected and as of today's date to no avail. The last person I spoke with, Betty, was not listening to my problem and got very rude with me. I spoke with Dana on March 26 and she told me all would be taken care of - not as of today's date has this been done.

Three days ago I received yet another box from Blair Jewelry which I immediately marked "REFUSED" and returned it the same day.

I will never deal with this company again and warn all others to run as fast as you can to get away from them and their questionable retail dealings.

• jamesisajeweler Apr 06, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler and i a "REAL ONLINE JEWELER" in Atlanta, i read your complaint and i would like for you to contact: THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE FOR CONSUMERS at the info i've posted below to FILE A COMPLAINT against this company.

THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEES' WEBSITE: http://www.jvclegal.org/Consumers/index.php?categoryid=20

THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEES' CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:

Normal business hours are 9am to 5pm,
    Monday through Friday (Eastern Time)
    excluding National Holidays.

Telephone: (212) 997-2002
    Fax: (212) 997-9148

You can also contact your GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS in the state this jewelry store or company does business and FILE ANOTHER COMPLAINT against them.

Should you have any questions for me James The Jeweler feel free to contact me here.

Resolved get refund for blair rewards

If you unwittingly got suckered into Blair Rewards like I did, call Encore Marketing at [protected]. Their info says they can be reached at this number Mon-Fri from 9:00am-9:00pm ET (that's from 6:00am-6:00pm if you live on the West Coast). I called them today at about 11:30am from California and a very pleasant gal name Diane picked up right away and was VERY helpful. She disenrolled me from Blair Rewards and has credited my card with all charges from September 2008-March 2009. Blair is also much easier to reach by e-mail. I e-mailed them last night and received a reply today.

Resolved blair rewards scam

The same thing happened to me. I don't know how, but I was enrolled in something called "Blair Rewards." Today I called Encore Marketing at [protected], the company that runs this scam and spoke to someone named Diane. She was very friendly and helpful and honored my request to be disenrolled from Blair Rewards and also said she would refund all charges. This will teach me to check my credit card more often! Diane told me that I have been enrolled in this thing since September of 2008! I don't see the refund yet, but I just called today so will give it some time to post. I could not get Blair on the phone (due to their message that they have an unusually hight volume of calls), but I did e-mail their customer service center about this as well las night and they responded to the e-mail today. Here is what they said:

Dear Ms. Monroe

Thank you for contacting us.

By signing and returning the acceptance card for the free item offered, you enrolled in a continuous marketing program. This authorized us to send periodic shipments of merchandise to you and bill your Blair Credit Card account. If you did not return the customer service card that accompanied the free item asking us to cancel you from the program, the merchandise continues to be sent every one to two months.

If you would like to removed from the program, please let us know.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth C.

Blair Customer Service
[protected]

The strange thing is that I never received any free item with or without a customer service card, so had no chance to tell them I wanted to disenroll. I do not recall signing an acceptance card either, but I do remember taking a survey on the Blair site that offered some amount off toward my next purchase and turned out to be horrendously long, and I think Blair Rewards might be tied in with that somehow. My lesson from this is to never, never, do online surveys!!!

• Ki
    kiley Mar 15, 2009

I just experienced tha same thing and called immediately to cancel and was told to call back during business hours. I can't believe Blair would risk losing it's solid reputation with this scam. It is so upsetting to me that I will not order again from Blair and I hope they know that this will have a similar effect of other customers. It's a shame because I really liked the clothing. Not worth the aggravation and lost money and time dealing with this scam.

• Tr
    TRV Oct 25, 2009

I did not enroll into the blair rewards program, but my credit card was charged twice $14.95 ...intial charge was $1.95...This is just crazy...

• Ni
    nihat94 Dec 21, 2010

My credit card, not Blair credit card, is being charged 14.95 every month for months now. I have never received any socalled free merchandise.
    I never saw a card that I could have returned to decline the offer.
    I want out and I want all money that was fraudulantly taken from my account, refunded.

I ordered from Blair because they have clothing sizes that are very hard to find.
    I rather spent more time finding the right size than order from Blair again, unless they can explain this thing to me and refund my money.

I am going to check how to file with the Attorney General. When you work full time and take care of a very ill person, how on earth are you going to find time to call during business hours? how do you even remember to make the call.
    Shame on you Blair. I thought you would make my life easier.

• Bo
    boycottblair Apr 01, 2012

Yep, I was scammed too. Unauthorized access to my credit card. I thought I was getting a coupon! How deceitful.
    This is grossly fraudulent. Never again. I will never have anything to do with Blair again. ANOTHER CUSTOMER LOST BECAUSE OF THIS

• Na
    NANAG416 Jul 27, 2013

I am going t through the same thing right now 2013. So, apparently BLAIR DOESN'T CARE! I told them I don't have time to call and all they do is say " you have to call!" and the time I tried to call the number was busy! I had a FingerHut account . I sent them an e-mail and said I wanted to cancel and they said they were sorry to see me leave and said the account would be closed! "Done" That is how it should be. II am still trying to close my account, I will NEVER open a Blair account again NEVER even if they paid me !!! I would open another FingerHut over Blair in a Heart Beat. What a Horribly dishonest way to treat customers .: (

• To
    Tonic-10 Sep 02, 2013

Just noticed this charge on my credit card. Didn't sign up for anything. Has been occurring for 4 months, but didn't notice. I tried to cancel by their "contact us" form, but kept getting a "problem submitting your comments" error message. Called the "866" number and cancelled via automated system. We'll see what happens... Will continue to try to submit cancellation request via their online form, but have my doubts.

Resolved $14.95 unsolicited charge

I signed up for Blair Rewards under the impression it was a promotion offering discounts to regular, loyal customers. Instead I find a charge to me for "Blair Rewards" along with a membership card on the back of a magazine. And now, apparently from "out of the blue" I find a charge of $14.95. For what??. Someone seems to be taking advantage of some persons' naivte or gullibility.

Annie Nov 29, 2008

I closed my account in March 2008 when they turned me down for cli. It took me three months to get them to put it on my credit report. I had to call and dispute it.
    Now I have gotten two letters from them about the reason for not getting the cli. The first letter was dated 10/16/2008 The latest letter is dated 11/14/08. They keep referring to my credit as bad. How could I ask for cli when my account has been closed since March? I do believe Blair needs a different bank.
    They keep referring to my REQUEST and my poor performance with them. It's been since March. HELLO!!!

• Ju
    Judy Mar 03, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I don't know how, but I was enrolled in something called "Blair Rewards." Today I called Encore Marketing at 1-888-287-7683, the company that runs this scam and spoke to someone named Diane. She was very friendly and helpful and honored my request to be disenrolled from Blair Rewards and also said she would refund all charges. This will teach me to check my credit card more often! Diane told me that I have been enrolled in this thing since September of 2008! I don't see the refund yet, but I just called today so will give it some time to post. I could not get Blair on the phone (due to their message that they have an unusually hight volume of calls), but I did e-mail their customer service center about this as well las night and they responded to the e-mail today. Here is what they said:

Dear Ms. Monroe

Thank you for contacting us.

If you would like to removed from the program, please let us know.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Sincerely,
    Elizabeth C.

Blair Customer Service
    1-800-821-5744

• Ar
    arthi Jan 03, 2010

I got ripped off too.

Thanks for the details about Encore Marketing.
    I shall try to get them to refund my charges.

Plus I am mailing consumerist.com, a consumer watchdog website, about all that had happened.

I hope they will be able to help me get my money back.

• De
    Deb22 Mar 06, 2010

Well, I've learned my lesson! I don't check my credit card charges very well, but I have found charges of $14.95/month for about 9 months for their "Rewards Program." I have ordered a few things for my Mother and have never signed anything or gotten anything free from them. I tried to call their customer service number and they gave me the same # as the writer above but got a recording since they were closed. I will try next week. What a rip off! I can't believe they are still getting away with doing this to their customers. I surely won't be buying anything else from them.

• Al
    alginon Sep 23, 2015

I have same issue as others, $14.95 charge, called 3 times and they removed it. That was my only balance and when I didn't pay it the Comminity Bank rep. called me and said I was 2 months late with my payment. I argued with her on the phone and she demanded my bank acct. info. to get a payment that minute, I refused. I paid it the next day to avoid any issue until it was resolved, but they turned it over to the credit bureau. I wrote a letter as well as called & still no resolution after 2 weeks. This is a scam and bad for Blair. I canceled my acct. (15 years) & still no response.

Resolved false tracking numbers, billed for items not received

Placed order December 2008. Three days after the order was placed, I received an email with tracking number...