BioLife Plasma Services Logo

BioLife Plasma Services

Having problems with BioLife Plasma Services?

BioLife Plasma Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2008. The latest review My physical was posted on Nov 28, 2021. The latest complaint Banned from donating was resolved on Oct 28, 2021. BioLife Plasma Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 380 reviews. BioLife Plasma Services has resolved 57 complaints.

BioLife Plasma Services Customer Service Contacts

1200 Lakeside Drive
Bannockburn, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BioLife Plasma Services Customer Service. Initial BioLife Plasma Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BioLife Plasma Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BioLife Plasma Services. Discuss the issues you have had with BioLife Plasma Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BioLife Plasma Services Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Biolife Plasma ServicesI donated today and didn’t get my money

I had an appointment today I went in I donated and then when I left I still didn't have my donation payment. Why did I not get paid? Like this doesn't make any sense why I didn't get my money I literally was there forever I think I was there for almost 4.5 hours. I've never had to wait this long a plasma donation center but this is ridiculous that I said and took my time, waited and then donated and still did not get paid.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 29, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We encourage you to share additional details by email at [email protected] so that we may look into the issue further- please ensure to include your name, donation center and best contact number with your comments. We truly value you and your commitment to plasma donation, and we hope to see you at BioLife again soon.

Biolife Plasma ServicesService

The Muncie, Indiana location is a disaster. People in line are waiting 1 1/2 hours just to get checked in. This is a terrible way to expect people to donate. There are 27 people in line. No less than 11 have said they are not coming back. There are only two people checking folks in. There has absolutely got to be a better way!!! FIX THIS AT THE MUNCIE LOCATION!!!

1 Response
      • De
        DeloresStr Sep 27, 2021

Same in Janesville wi. A one hour wait to get on a table in the evening is normal.

Biolife Plasma ServicesDonation Center Process

I donate at the Riverdale Maryland locations and must say I usually don't have any complaints about this place, but recently I've not been pleased the last two times I've came. I guess a new strict appointment process is being adhered to but they're not giving us the same kind of treatment of organization when we arrive in the back. It's like once they call new donor and get you into a chair your just waiting until whomever comes over. I've watched a tech stick a guy then set up two machines that had absolutely nobody placed at them while me and a donor that came before the gentleman she had just stuck waited 15 more minutes to be stuck cause supposedly we were in someone else's section…You've got to be kidding. You don't start a process of organizing and drop it once the donors are placed into the seats. Again I don't have many complaints about this location but this is certainly one that I do have. And I'm sure Biolife will get better. Thanks for what your company does and for helping out donors as well.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 27, 2021

Biolife Plasma ServicesCustomer Service

Terrible Costumer Service. My 20 year old Granddaughter was made to wait 3hrs. The phlebotomist blew her vein and was told to return on Sunday. She works Sunday mornings and was 15 minutes late. The manager Kolin was very rude and turned her away . She should have been accommodated due her previous day treatment. I believe BioLife is a bate and switch company. College students are depending on your false money offers. I am making a report with the Illinois Attorney General.

Biolife Plasma Servicesappointments/overbooking

I recv'd a coupon for 600.00 if I donated 8 times in a month. Yes, it stated quite clearly that I had 30 days to complete. There are absolutely NO appointments except once a week. When I pointed this out, the woman at the desk stated, well, you just have to look for cancellations. I work all day. I can't come in "whenever." This system is set up very poorly. I will be going back to CSL where there is not this amount of waiting. They are alot friendlier as well. I think this is a poor way to run a business baiting people with promise of a decent amount of money only to not let the person be able to collect.

Sep 24, 2021

Biolife Plasma Services — Plasma donation

Far fetched from reality is the glorified and simplified process of plasma donating, Easy money for a so...

Sep 22, 2021

Biolife Plasma Services — Staff / nurse

I donated at the center & told staff I was cold at the end of treatment with the saline. The nurse asked...

Sep 22, 2021

Biolife Plasma Services — Accused and belittled

During the physical part of the screening process I had someone who was being trained. She was nice however...

Biolife Plasma ServicesPlasma donor

I attended my new donor appointment in Universal city on September 21st at 0810. I was honest about EVERYTHING. Did not suspect I had a reason to lie because I've donated at CSL eight times in the past months, told them the truth during my screening as well and there was never an issue. Biolife denied my donation because my THS hormones were monitored only as a precaution during my third pregnancy in 2019 and I was never put on any medication. My levels were always boarder line during my pregnancy, I was told because the thyroid hormone competes with the pregnancy hormone. Since Biolife denied my donation I went to another plasma donation center, was considered a new donor since it had been two weeks since my last donation at CSL and I donated. I understand being cautious but this is ridiculous! I was denied at Biolife because I my TSH was monitored during my pregnancy that ended in 2019. That's like denying my donation because my vitals were monitored during pregnancy 🤷🏼‍♀️ Makes NO sense! As a nurse I'm extremely disappointed in the nurse who denied my donation.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 21, 2021

Hi Nicole, thank you for your interest in plasma donation. We follow internal guidance regarding eligibility to donate, with donor safety as our foremost concern. If you would like more information about eligibility, please email us directly at [email protected] so we can follow up.

Biolife Plasma Servicestest results incorrect

I donated 8 times to the Birmingham, Al location. On the 9th time i was halted and cancelled due to test results. The manager was very rude and informative stating i had to wait the 2 weeks to get my lab results for Hep a, Hep b, Hep, c, and a couple of other items. I received my test results and initial was positve but the interpretation was negative. I called back and the manager refused to tell me if my results were reported to the Jefferson county Health Dept and why was I barred when the results were negative. I made an appt with my physician and went on 09/20 after worry and stress thinking I had one of the 3, just received my results back from this and it was 100 percent negative. I submitted two times, contact me on the web site and no one has called me. I need some answer or will be forced to escalate to get my answer.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 21, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We have shared your previous emails and questions with the regional manager and they are aware of your concerns and request for further information that you've raised to your local center. They will be in touch with you.
                  Thank you.

Biolife Plasma ServicesGiving plasma

Two weeks in a row i had a bad experience at BioLife Mounds View MN. The first experience was the employee poking my left arm numerous times to hit the vein. I indicated pain but was ignored until she finally stopped. The second time the tech was in a hurry and did not get one of the connections sealed. Blood seeped on the bench and caused container to foam. There were no apologies for the incident. To add to the issue, the tech dropped the plasma bag and indicated "that's what happens when you go too fast". The bag was still sealed in the wrapper but my concerns are obvious. You are an extremely busy center but that's NO excuse for incompetence.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 20, 2021

Thank you for your feedback Andrew; we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please reach out to us by email at [email protected] and include your name and donation center so that we can look into this matter. We value your commitment to plasma donation and hope to see you at BioLife again.

Biolife Plasma ServicesConstant issues with New Donar bonus issue

THERESA RUST'S BIOLIFE DONATION BONUS ISSUES

I have continued issues with donating Plasma, through no fault of my own, which will cause me to possibly lose my new donor bonus. Please consider the following information in regards to providing me with a much needed extension for the new plasma donor bonus.
                  Theresa Rust [protected]
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Donation timeline
                  8/21/21 gave Plasma
                  8/27/21 Phlebotomist messed up my veins
                  Attempts to donate but not allowed due to bruises from Phlebotomists and Biolife additional medical letter not reviewed by Biolife doctor. (17.4 miles round trip each time)
                  8/29/21, 9/3/21, 9/6/21, 9/10/21, 9/12/21, 9/14/21, 9/17/21, 9/19/21

Detailed summary

We finally decided to try donating Plasma on August 13th. We've wanted to do this good deed for years and now they have great bonus'. Facebook had $1, 100 posted all over. Both Gary and I started the process at 12:30 pm and 4 hrs later, he was told he could no donate because he was in the army in Germany in the 80s. I was told I needed a letter from my doctor to go over my medications and health needs. Also, they stated their office is only giving $900 for a bonus. ☹

I provided the initially requested medical letter and then was called stating I was clear to donate on August 21st. I then went for my 2nd donation on August 27th and went through 5 hours of waiting and testing, got to the chair and the phlebotomist's messed up both my arm's veins and stopped the process. I kept the bandage on for 2 hours, put ice on it constantly and then the next day I put heat but the left arm had a huge bruise. I kept up the heat and ice process for a week and then went in on my scheduled plasma appointment on the 29th and was told the bruise is too dark and try again later. I expressed my concern about being able to do the required number of donations to obtain my bonus.

Tried again on September 3rd and was told it was not yellow and green enough. I was worried about my new donor bonus but was told by a manager, that they might be able to extend it but she could not until it was closer to the end of the donation period (45 Days).

Then on September 6th I go in to donate and was told they now need "another" medical letter to explain my potassium use. This was VERY frustrating because of it being several weeks later after my original approval of my medical letter and they could have at least asked for it while my bruise was healing. I put in another process complaint to management to give staff the ability to extend the new donor bonus time because none of this was mine or my bodies fault.

My primary care medical doctor provided a letter with the additional information on Potassium, I picked it up the morning of September 10th, from Kaiser and had the front desk fax it to Biolife. I then took the physical letter to the Colorado Springs Biolife plasma donor location and spoke to a nurse who took my letter and said she would upload it to their system. She stated the doctor would have to review it that day and would call me but I was also told to cancel my appointment that day at 2:15 pm.

It is now September 12th, and no one has called me??? I have an appointment at 1:35 pm. My husband. Gary, is now allowed to come back in for a physical because the FDA removed the denials for being in the Army in Germany in the 80s. (can a BIG problem getting his Biolife account corrected so it could be used. Helped with this by Jeremy Karstens). Gary's appointment is at 1:40 pm so we are going in together and I am "Hoping" I will be allowed to donate as well as obtain an extension for my donor bonus. Before we left I called the Colorado Springs location but no one answered. Left a voicemail to please have someone confirm my status for donating today. No one called me back before we left.

9/13/21 update, I was not allowed to donate yesterday and told the doctor will not be in the office to review my additional medical letter until the 14th. I provided the information above to the Colorado Springs office hoping a manager would call me. I have an appointment at 2:30 pm on the 14th.

9/14/21 2nd time I was told the doctor did not review my medical letter and I was not allowed to donate. I was told he would not be in again until Friday the 17th.

9/17/21 I had an appointment at 1 pm but no on called, sent email to manager.

9/19/21 never heard about my medical letter but Gary and I have appointments to donate at 10am. We will go in together to check.
                  9/19/21 update, 3rd time the doctor did not review my medical letter and I was "again" told they would put a note on my letter to make sure he reviews it. I told them it is VERY frustrating to feel like I am being blown off. All they could say was that the doctor will be in on Tuesday the 21st. I don't know what is going on and why I am not being contacted either way. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I AM LOSING OUT ON MY NEW DONAR BONUS AT NOT FAULT OF MY OWN!!!

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 20, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Theresa. We have shared your comments with the BioLife team so they are aware of your concerns. We encourage you to share any additional details by email at [email protected] as we look into your issue further. We truly value you and your commitment to plasma donation, and thank you for your feedback.

Biolife Plasma Services1 hr wait time and slow staff

I am a regular donor of plasma since feb 2021.. Its a disgraise to. Be waiting 1 hr to donate plasma at where im donating.. Now.. At. My other location i donate at im done in 1 hr... Seems to me every time i donate at the other center the people know what they are doing.. As u can tell im not to happy.. How do u correct crappy service..?? By yout additude and training staff better thats all..

Biolife Plasma ServicesService

It is always a long wait to get in to donate ! Why even have appointments if it takes over an hour to get to a donation bed, never mind getting stuck! I'm berry disappointed in the service I receive here at Ankeny Iowa 50023. So I guess this is a short complaint so here goes I'm going to get picky the lady that works the front counter she has pore customer service and does not speed up when calling out people's names, she is not apologetic.

Biolife Plasma ServicesBioLife Duluth ga

Well this place is the worst place to donate they never answer the phone but when you traveled hours to come there and they tell you there short staffed and it's plenty of people standing around I'm confused I went twice and nobody said anything about a crazy evaluation I have to do befor I donate because they said I was drunk and I don't even drink and how can you say that and we haven't had a long enough convo to determine that and I didn't reek of alcohol cause I don't drink I'm confused and donate at this place before and never was told this I need a crazy test cause of that incident how is that possible cause I wasn't being evaluated at the time so what makes it right to say that cause I'm black and I fell asleep one time in the lobby I never been told I need a crazy test in my life ever just by being in the lobby somewhere I'm confused it's wrong I was able to book appointment I called a million times nobody said nothing about this I waisted my time and money this is wrong and I pray y'all don't do nobody else like this but some need to be done

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 16, 2021

Biolife Plasma ServicesSent Coupon I Was Denied For

Biolife sent me a coupon for $200 per donation for the next 3 donations. Because of this the facility has been completely packed and I was unable to get in on several visits. Today I went at 6:00 a.m. to ensure I got in and could use my coupon. I was told that because I had donated 1 month ago I couldn't use the coupon and would be paid $20 for my donation which the front desk workers were very rude about. Why send me the coupon then? Apparently Biolife only values my time and my plasma if I don't donate, which won't be a problem now since I will never go back and will encourage others to not go as well. Absolutely horrible experience.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 15, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We encourage you to share additional details (where you donate, what your username is with BioLife so we can verify, etc..) by email at [email protected] as we look into your issue further. Thank you.

Respond

Biolife Plasma ServicesSchedule changes - unable to schedule 2nd appointment for the week

They changed the scheduling 2 weeks ago at the Birmingham location. Since then I have been unable to schedule a 2nd appointment for the week. Scheduling shows "No slots available" Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday when I donate on Tuesday. Before this change, I never had an issue - I was even able to reschedule appointments. NOT anymore! I've been donating at the Birmingham location since they opened. They've made it impossible as a Platinum member to receive your 2nd payment. Can't get a 2nd appointment. I won't be going back unless by some miracle they fix the scheduling.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 15, 2021

Thank you for providing this honest feedback. Each prospective donor is important to us and we would like to share your review with the BioLife team so they can speak with you directly on this topic and concerning your experience. Please email us at [email protected] and let us know the best way to contact you (please include your name, center, and phone number). Thank you.

Biolife Plasma ServicesService of biolife plasma

In 11:15. Wait in room 30 min. Then wait 20 min - told need questionnaire. Nurse starts info & dob. You need bloodwork first.+ 20 min waiting 2nd nurse in office, donors mad. Other donor told her I was next.. She took him anyway. Asked for mgr, no +20min. 1st nurse back-10 min in - was asked dob 3 times you need a form filled out by your dr
                              I drive 47 mi one way!

Biolife Plasma ServicesBiolife OVERBOOKING

You offer a promotion for great money, then expect all the donations to be in within a certain time frame, and THEN overbook to such a degree that NO ONE CAN GET THEM DONE IN TIME and then they don't get the promotional money they were offered on your over promise/underdeliver coupon.

You are wasting peoples time when we show up to scheduled appointments ON TIME and are told you are an HOUR (or more) behind.

The only reason for this is because you OPEN UP TOO MANY APPOINTMENTS for booking. Why this has not been changed is hard for me to understand.

I suppose us donors that you are soo thankful for, don't really matter since you "need us" yet we have to wait for you and spend 3-4 hours of our day due to your establishment overbooking.

It is RIDICLOUS and very disappointing and there are many others who feel the same way.

Tired of wasting my time!!!

Biolife Plasma ServicesDonating plasma

I went as a first time donor to the Richmond, Va location on Wednesday, September 8th. The nurse Gregg is the one who was helping me. At a certain point I had to get him to switch arms because I felt a lot of pressure and it was getting uncomfortable. For the next 48 hours after that happened I could not move my arm it hurt so bad. And by the end of the 48 hours it started to bruise. I'm not sure if they blew a vein or gave me a hematoma but I can't go out in public with me arm looking the way it does. I went back in on the 12th to talk to the nurse and the manager, literally the nurse said "you can't donate today, I'm sorry that happened to you" then she sent me on my way and that was it. Attached are the different stages of the bruising with the last picture being what it currently looks like

Donating plasma
                                  Donating plasma

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Sep 13, 2021

Thank you for your feedback Taylor; we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please reach out to us by email at [email protected] and include your name and donation center so that we can look into this matter. We value your commitment to plasma donation and hope to see you at BioLife again.