Resolved Best Buy — sexual harrassment
I was with my husband in bb. I stepped away for a moment to pick out a movie and he went to play video games. I noticed that a man was creepily following me for a good five minutes. He was staring and reeked of boozes. Finnaly the man wasnt even trying to hide himself, so I ask him if I could help him with something and if not to leave me alone and go away. He told me that he couldnt stop staring at a beautiful women when he saw one. I felt extremely uncomfortable and told him thanks, but no thanks (Im married) well, he didnt stop. I walked away to put space between us and he stood at the end of the isle with his eyes fixated on me. Creepy... Finally I went to an employee and explained what was going on and the employee told me that he was just walking around and was drunk (basically, no b deal) he also said he had seen what was going on and he obviously didnt take the initiative to ask me if there was a problem. So when I got no response from him I had gone to another employee, who told me dont let a man ruin your day over that.. Ummm excuse me I was being sexually harassed!!! After all that they did nothing.. What was a drunk man doing in best buy just hanging out and walking around.. Well no good can come from that and that will only travel by word of mouth and surely contribute to the negative reputation of the store..
I hope these issues are addressed seriously. Women do not deserve to be treated as an object or feel uncomfortable while trying to shop because a man feels the need to stare.. Yah know.. What a sicko. And shame on best buy for the lack of training on the topic of sexual harassment!!
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of)
- Best Buy - Will not answer their phone!
- Best Buy - refund delay for debit card purchase
- Best Buy - headphones
- Best Buy Canada - No response to my e-mail
- Best Buy - laptop held hostage by the geek squad
- Best Buy - defective products - won't replace
- Best Buy - I swear geek squad is a joke