Best BuyGeek squad protection plan

I purchased a brand new iMac almost 3 years ago, and a Geek Squad Protection plan (GSP) for 4 years ( cost me $400 for the protection plan), that included hardware failure with the GSP. When my wireless keyboard would not open to change the batteries I took it to the Geek Squad, they said they can't fix it and wrote me an order to have a new one shipped to me. after a month and a half I looked and the order was no longer "processing". I called and found out someone had cancelled the order. I called the store and they blamed the parts store. Then the parts store sent me this letter:
Dear (removed),

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately we do not have the keyboard you need available to order. However, under your Geek Squad Protection Plan if you were to buy the part from any other retailer – online or in person, or direct from the manufacturer - we can provide you a reimbursement.

After you have made the purchase please send the following required information either by Email, Fax or Mail.

--Email Address – [protected]@bestbuy.com
--Fax – [protected] (Attention Reimbursements)

--Mailing Address:
Best Buy
Reimbursements C-8
7601 Penn Ave South
Richfield, MN 55423

Required Information:

Legible copy of the receipt for the replacement part.

Current Mailing Address
Phone #
Valid Email Address (we will email you confirmation once your claim has been processed.)

If you have any questions on the reimbursement, please feel free to contact 1-888-BestBuy [protected]).

Mary
Part Store Support

I had all ready paid $400 for the warranty, it plainly says they will repair or replace, at their option... it does not say a word about "if they decide to they can force me to pay for my own replacement part. Best Buy sells the keyboard, Apple sells it, and chances are good any Apple retailer also sells it. I can only figure that it is their way of trying to sweep me under the rug after I have been trying to get a replacement keyboard since 12/31/14 ( the day that letter was sent was 2/06/15). I firmly believe I can not be the only person Best Buy / The Geek Squad / the Parts Store is trying to sweep under the rug like this.

I have wasted nearly a full 8 hours of my time between visiting the store, emails, and phone calls to resolve this issue. But after a month and a half, 8 full hours of my time fighting for a $70 keyboard that should have just been something I picked off of the shelf in the store the day I was first there, or shipped to my home from GSP, I wonder if it was worth it.

RESOLVED

I did get the new keyboard as promised. All though I have lots of reservations about ever purchasing another Geek Squad Protection Plan. Even if I made $10/hour, I spent 8 hours of my time, 5 trips to the store ( wear and tear + fuel in vehicle) all for a $70 keyboard. without doing the math, I probably made less than minimum wage adding up all expenses involved. All while Best Buy was probably banking on the fact that I would just say "it ain't worth it", and stop pressuring them to make good on their warranty.