Bensons for Beds Logo

Bensons for Beds

Having problems with Bensons for Beds?

Bensons for Beds Customer Service Contacts

Floor Festival House, Jessop Avenue
Cheltenham, England, Gloucestershire
United Kingdom - GL503SH

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bensons for Beds Customer Service. Initial Bensons for Beds complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bensons for Beds above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bensons for Beds. Discuss the issues you have had with Bensons for Beds and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bensons for Beds — benson's for beds guarantee

We purchased a bed and mattress from Benson for Beds back in September 2015 and was delivered in October...

Edinburgh

Benson For Beds — delivery

I had a delivery scheduled on Wednesday at 24 linford drive, basildon, essex, ss14 1rz, got told my bed i...

Bensons for Bedsunder storage bed

Bought a £500 under storage bed with out mattress in Oct 2014. Last week a bolt snap off which holds one of the hydrolic struts in place which could have hurt you because with out the struts working the top half of the bed is very heavy and could do a lot of damage to your self. We phoned customer service and at 1st they said they would replace the strut arm for us. 1 week later they phoned us to say they can not replace the part and nothing can be done. We went store in fosse park leicester to see the manager who told us nothing can be done because they dont sell this bed model from China anymore and they dont hold any spares. We will not buy from them again.

Bensons for Bedsproduct & customer services

I ordered my new bed & headboard on the 25/08/15. When the £2000+ bed was delivered the mattress was sub-standard and not finished correctly, the headboard was faulty and didn't even fit the bed. When the delivery guys were taking up the stairs they damaged our ceiling. Since then we have had a replacement mattress, a new left hand side base, after waiting in all day today for our 3rd headboard only for them not to turn up at all. Enough is enough. After numerous phone calls throughout the last 4-5 months, we are still chasing up a cheque for a builder to repair our damaged ceiling, We have had two experts come to look at the bed/headboard, one to state the headboard was substandard and the other to say we needed the left hand side base replacing.
    We are still waiting. Every time you phone you speak to someone different, they give you a so called extension number to call back, but when you try you cant get through. Not once has a manager phoned to discuss the matter. PLEASE BE AWARE THIS COMPANY & THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE TERRIBLE

Bensons for Beds — the delivery of bedroom furniture by consort furniture

I purchased a bedroom suite (3 door narrow chest white, 3 x 2 drawer white and 2 door wardrobe white). My...

Benson Bedsservice

Mid October 2015 ordered and paid for a mattress by phone. Never received copy of invoice that was supposedly sent by post. After two weeks mattress delivered to the wrong address (2 letters of the post code incorrect, driver supposed to call 30 mins before delivery but that didn't happen), apparently a keying error by sales staff. Many calls later I was given a new delivery date and had it confirmed as mattress on delivery vehicle but then called by distribution centre who told me that as the "returns" paperwork for the undelivered mattress would take some time to complete they couldn't deliver mattress on new date and couldn't give me an actual date of delivery. I requested my money back. Received after 2 days. Very poor communication skills internally and with their customers. Would not use them again.

Bensons for Beds — new bed - order no. a5383117

I have never ever had such bad service. Our bed was ordered and paid for in September. We were advised not to...

Accrington

Benson For Beds — faulty mattress

I bought a mattress from benson for beds last September recently my husband and I have experienced bad back...

Bensons for Beds — sydney bed & divan

I find it astonishing that Bensons are allowed to get away with such horrific customer services and use FIRA...

Stafford

Bensons for Beds — deep ruts mattress after 1 year

I am appalled by Bensons for Beds recent decision that the huge dips in our mattress is due to ‘normal...

Bensons for Bedsfaulty bed

We have a problem with the bed we purchased from Bensons and it is still on going so i will not say to much. But we went to the furniture Ombudsman and have found them to be very helpful they have so far got us a replacement bed, but the bed Bensons is trying to offer us is a much lesser bed than the one we purchased.So we have got back in touch with the ombudsman to dispute this on our behalf. Bensons also have a Facebook page but i have noticed there is not 1 bad comment on there, which i can not believe for 1 moment. Once i get this matter sorted i will be commenting on their Facebook page about our very bad experience poor customer service and a lot more. I think your comments will be more effective on there.

benson for beds/ sleep to live 700w shaped mattress

were do I start with sleep to live 700... we bought the mattress 2010 and spent £1800 thinking we where buying a great mattress as me and my partner have back backs, I purchased the mattress and within 6 months I started noticing the mattress was sinking on both side of the bed... so went back to Benson for beds and they said was body impression... so left it another six months and went back to the shop and... before I mentioned what bed I wanted to complain about the lady in the shop new what mattress I was talking about... any way I explained to her it was like sleep in in a hammock and she explained need to talk with there customer services... so did this they sent a guy out to look at it he said the mattress should not be like that and will be in touch... got a letter explain form Benson for beds they are doing nothing more about it and there is nothing wrong with the mattress when you can clearly see its sunk... I have been sleeping on the floor ever since and had to go out now and buy a new mattress while I take this further.

Bensons for Bedsfaulty matress

We purchased a kingsize divan bed from Bensons for beds in December 2010, we waited 4 weeks for delivery, when it arrived it was covered in red ink, Bensons agreed to replace it and said it would be replaced within 2 weeks, we actually waited almost 12 weeks as they kept fobbing us off with one excuse after another. now a year after the replacement bed arrived the Mattress is sinking the full length of each side, also one of the drawers keeps on falling off its runners. After several phone calls and emails Bensons sent out a supposedly independent inspector he looked at the bed and took photographs, he also lied on the bed and said how uncomfortable it is as you roll off the edge he said as far as he was concerned the mattress was faulty and needed replacing, he asked if I sat on the bed and I said no and explained that I have a stool in front of my dressing table which I use to sit on, he then said that it could not be caused by sitting on it as it is along the whole length of both sides so he would recomend replacement.
            I then waited to hear from Bensons, after 10 days of silence I contacted them to be told the inspectors report says the bed is dipping on the edge due to sitting on it and therefore it is my fault and they are not willing to do anything about it, I explained that this is a completely different story to what the inspector told me but customer services are not interested, they say they are intending to repair the faulty drawer but they don't know when. I intend to take this further as I do not expect a bed I have only had 12 months to be unfit for purpose so quickly.
            I have also found out that the Inspectors employed by EComaster have a reputation for telling the customer one thing and writing something completely different on the report, they are supposed to be independent but as Bensons put so much work there way if they kept on finding in the customers favour would the work dry up?

• Ju
                JulianSl Jun 19, 2012

Just going through a similar process myself with Bensons for Beds, the mattress I have developed exactly the same problem as yours, no-one has sat on the edge of it. They replaced it once about a year ago, customer services assured me that it was a known fault with the mattress (a SilentNight) and that the manufacturing process had now been rectified and the new one would not develop the problem. Guess what? a year later and we have exactly the same problem, feel like I'm about to roll off the bed at night. Bensons for Beds are now claiming that this is "Accidental Damage", I paid nearly £800 for the mattress because I have a bad back, my back is now worse and they refuse to offer me a free replacement or credit towards a new mattress, what a joke. All I can say is I would never use Bensons for Beds or buy a SilentNight mattress again!

• Ju
                JulianSl Jun 19, 2012

Follow up to my last comment, my colleague had a similar problem with a bed he bought from Dreams, they sent somebody out to view it within a few days and then offered him a full refund, next time I'm buying a mettress i know where I will be going!

• Ri
                Rich Fish Oct 23, 2012

We also have a mattress that was bought from Dreams. It is a Bensons Bed. It was in a sale a Dreams and cost £1000. They said it was 50% off and so that would make it worth £2000!
                The mattress is only 2 years old and has developed severe dips where your hips lay. It is shocking that this company can fob off poor quality beds by sending a partner company out to shut you up.
                I am still not sure what to do about it. Any suggestions? I can't see the point of contacting the 'independent inspector' as this is clearly not independent.

maddence May 24, 2013

I am having exactly the same problem with bensons, they have sent a FIRA inspector and I told them I was happy with his report as I d not consider him to be independant as they are aprt of the same comepany. They are now sending our another inspector from ecomaster and I have not at all happy about this but was told I dont have a choice. Ecomaster deal alot with bensons so of course they are going to favour them over me. The first inspector also stated that the damage is caused by excessive sitting on the side of the bed and suggested that I turn the mattress more often than once a week. Absolute rubbish, wont give a repair, a replacement or a refund...the only choice I have is for an inspector or nothing. Again our bed cost £1000, trading standards said I may need to pay for another inspector, whats the point, the bed is totally unfit for purpose and they will do nothing.

Bensons for Bedspocket spring mattress

18 months ago I purchased a £300 pocket sprung mattress and a £700 bed/frame Benson For Beds. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that I have been waking up with a bad back causing me pain on and off through-out the day, I looked at my mattress and noticed that the springs had given way (This is despite me turning it every 2-3 weeks). I decided to take some photos and a small video on my digital camera of the defective mattress to the store where I purchased it from - The help I recived in-store was less than useful (My cat could of given me more of a helpful respnse). I was redirected and told to contact the phone line "Customer Service" number so I did, my comments as follows... 1) Its a cheek to even call it "Customer Service" 2) "Customer Service" were very confrontational to say the least 3) To be told that a £300 mattress is cheap when you have spent almost £1000.00 with them is beyond an insult. I decided to write a letter to their HQ, this acheived absoultely nothing accept to confirm my suspicions that Bensonds For Beds have no concept of customer care - I am now currently taking this up trading standards.

• Ro
                  Romaine Jul 09, 2012

I am also about to start a letter to HQ I cant believe how poor they are and they are breaking statutory laws I too am going to Trading Standards along with Watchdog and I am going to tell their customers how bad they are in store

Bensons for Bedscustomer service

Awful customer service experience in the speke store. The 3 staff in the store were very confrontational. I was only dealing with one member of staff but somehow another 2 became involved.
                The women in question was extremely rude to both of us telling us not to order online as that puts their jobs at risk and sooner or later there won't be anyone in the store to show us round. We hadn't even spoken about ordering it online. The man sitting behind the desk began making conversation to which I was being polite saying we had tried a number of mattresses that day and hadn't quite made a decision. Instead of advising us he also became very confrontational telling us that was stupid as we should have only tried 4. Sure sound advice but in the manner we were spoken to was appalling. He further went onto ask us where else we had tried and what else we had been offered, to which I answered the same mattress as in bensons cheaper with free delivery. He and the women soon got very defensive saying 'well if you can find somewhere to deliver the mattresses for free send them this way as nothing is free and they will have added it onto the price of the mattress'. It was clear I was getting fed up being confronted yet the 3rd sales guy proceeded to again price up the mattress even though I had thanked them and was leaving. I appreciate sales can be difficult and often staff strive to sell for their bonuses but it felt like we were battling with 3 members of staff as we were clearly trying to leave. I don't normally complain but I was so cross leaving the store. Don't visit!

Benson Beds — took 3 months to send the bed frame, liers, break promises!

I ordered 3 beds from Benson Beds. Benson Beds have a very bad service, I can't explain how bad their...

Bensons for Beds — pocket sprung mattress

I have been a victim of Bensons for Beds. They really are a bunch of cowboys. I sent this letter to them on...

Benson Bedscollapsed new mattress

My partner and I purchased a matress which was deliver on the 26th January. We have had it six weeks and the one side has collapsed. I suffer from a very bad back under under a physiotherapist. I have now been told to take a phote and send it through via e-mail and they will assess the situation.

Unfortunately I am not sure how long this process is going to take and in the meantime we are sleeping on a slope as the mattress is leaning to one side.

The operator I spoke to, Katie Pilkington was very rude on the phone - as I am the customer I am not sure what the next step is as she clearly was not interesting in helping out at all.

I will be going home to take a photo and will upload this as soon as I am able to

Regards
                  Debbie

Bensons For Beds Burnley — unpleasent manner in staff

I had an interview at bensons for beds on monday 15th november 2010. Due to financial problems I had to phone...

Rossendale

Benson For Bedsdelivery

This company are completely incompetent from their store sales staff, through the delivery service, to their so called "supervisors".

We ordered a bed in early august and advised we immediately that we'd be paying for the bed on a card different to the delivery address. Straight away we encountered problems with the sales advisor who had run through a full finance agreement before declaring she must take a deposit due to the two addresses. Back to square one, deposit taken and finance agreement recalculated and submitted. Next to the delivery arrangements. We were offered a suitable week day which we accepted. Again the sales advisor made a second mistake and realised the address she was booking was the incorrect one and that the day selected wouldn't be available for the secondary address. We were then offered a saturday delivery which was witnessed on screen by a second sales advisor. Third mistake, they advised they couldn't deliver on a saturday despite it showing as available. A third date was then offered and accepted. This process took over an hour and the sales advisor appeared to have no clue to her job and what she was doing.

Next to the delivery service. A text message was sent out two days before the delivery date we'd selected confirming the date and time so the time was therefore booked off work. The following day we received a phone call saying that the delivery wouldn't occur as the mattress we'd ordered wasn't in stock. The delivery advisor was unapologetic despite the fact they'd confirmed delivery via text message and we'd taken the day off work to receive the order. It also wasn't explained why they'd book a delivery at time of sale and also confirm said delivery for an item they didn't have. The delivery was then rescheduled for the end of the same week.

Again delivery was confirmed via text message and time was taken off work. The second delivery date came and a call was received from a delivery driver on route to the incorrect address. He was going to the purchase address for the card holder, not the required delivery address. He also advised he had only a mattress for delivery and no bed on his truck. The delivery advisor at the warehouse was again unapologetic and confirmed the correct address for delivery when questioned. However, she could not confirm why therefore the driver was going to the wrong address. The reasons for their being no bed on the order were also unexplained. It was advised that the driver couldn't deliver even just the mattress as the address was to far from his current location and not part of his route. We therefore received no order at on this second delivery date.

A third delivery date was arranged and on this occasion a phone call was received advising that again there would be no delivery because the mattress was damaged. Due to their rolling stock method the perfectly good mattress that should have been delivered on two occasions had been delivered to other customers as no stock is specifically reserved for a customer. We are now still waiting for our bed and have arranged a forth delivery date.

Avoid this company, they are incompetent from start to finish. They have no idea about customer services and are rude and unwilling to accept the customers needs. Deliveries have to be when they say and that all depends on where you live so you only get a couple of options per week. Expect to lose lots of holiday time from work with no form of compensation in return. They also charge a delivery fee for what can only be described as a joke of a delivery service having had three failed deliveries now and awaiting the fourth.