Bell Mobilityextortion

When we signed my son on student plan with Bell Mobility, we thought the plan was simple, easy to understand, we could control the costs. However, the phone options are continually be updated. We NO longer have control of what is being charged to us.

Below is how we have been exploited*_

My 16 year old son used his mobile browser feature, which he thought was free, to play a game using his PC through the internet. His plan has unlimited browser usage for games etc..

For my approximately 18* hours of internet play, we received a bill of approximately $6,000 + GST. If he played this same game using our PC internet service, it would have been* free.

Bell Mobility explained he went outside their network when he did this. However, we would never have realised this fact, when reading their browser option features. Secondly, because their price structure is in* MB used, one can never tell what one is paying,for this internet service*.*

For one 35 minute game session, our bill was approximately $1900 - More than $1900 per Hour.

We were so stressed out with the incident. Understanding we can never fight a huge company like Bell, we agreed to sign up for another Cell plan , where our overall cost is now reduced to approximately $1700. ( $*550 usage fee plus an extra $100 per month for 12 months on the new plan).

We asked for Bell to* set up a credit limit on our account, so we are protected from future surprises*, but they said NO.

• Updated by Gagan12345 · Mar 13, 2018

Rep was not polite and listeninv or showed any interest in helping me

• Updated by FrankHunt · May 30, 2018

I have 6 GB of data and I don't ever use that much on a monthly basis. this month however, my data bill has exceeded the 6 GB. When I called Bell 's customer service, I got Art in the Philippines. He asked for my credit card number. I asked to talk to a super visor, he would not let me. He wanted to help me. That is when he asked for my credit card number.

• Bi
    Bizness Man May 29, 2008

That is horrible. I am going to build a petition against this sort of abuse

• Ca
    cantstandscammers Aug 28, 2008

this is by far the worst phone company i have ever been with, they are a scam !! ive dish out thousands of dollars to this company and iam sick of it !!!

• Un
    Unsatisfied1 Aug 12, 2009

Worst company ever. I switched to Rogers after years of hell with Bell. Rogers seems to respect their customers a bit more than this joke of a provider. They take no responsiblilty for their shameless missinformation, designed to trick unsuspecting customers into absurd charges. With it's current practices, bell shouldn't be allowed to be in business.

• Sm
    SMG1 Aug 28, 2019

@Unsatisfied1 no they don't they are much worse

• Ru
    rupert-toronto Sep 17, 2012

When purchasing a Galaxy S3 from Bell Mobility, we were told we could return it within 14 days so long as we didn't use 30 minutes of talk time. After 4 hours of using the phone ( and not talking on it ) we decided to return it the next day. We were told by the manager of the store that we would be charged $100 because we used 50 mb of data. We were never told about this stipulation by both agents who served us. Bell mobility misleads their customers and rip them off. Bell Mobility is the worst cellphone provider in Canada.

• Al
    Alex Palma Aug 16, 2018

Their employees have very unhelpful and impolite staffs, very poorly trained staff members who lack knowledge and skills to perform various tasks...I'll report this to the BBB and make a full complaint

• Ne
    Negative reviews Aug 20, 2018

I've overpaid and can't get the situation straightened out. Have been on the phone telling two different Bell reps my sad story for over an hour. No resolution. I would like to write a snail mail to Bell but can't find an address to send it to.

• Ga
    Gagan12345 Aug 20, 2018

Called bell as i was trying to switch over and get iphone 8 for 2 yrs term.talked to rep she was very rude and her name was denise.i called from best buy 988. She didnt even showed me any intetest getting any business from me or didnt tried to help me.she sound like she was probably mad at someone or was not in good mood to help me.

• St
    steve from barrie Aug 20, 2018

I've received 16 phone calls in less than 48 hours from Bell Services trying to get me to re-consider my decision to go with other providers.

• Ju
    JulieAng Aug 21, 2018

Bell threw a lot of dirt on my new sod and shrubs and didn't notify us they would do this. I came home to this ugliness today. What an eyesore a lot lot of damage.
    I'm not even with bell and I'm the homeowner. Brand new sod and shrubs last year and not notified about this at all.

• Fr
    FrankHunt Aug 21, 2018

Called 611 to talk to Bell Customer service. Got someone in the Philippines called Art.
    When I asked to talk to a supervisor, he would not let me. He told me he could help me. He asked for my credit card number. Would patch me through to Sales at all.
    My data usage was out of sight. They had connected all my phones to share data.

• Te
    Ted Cumber Aug 28, 2018

Cancelled my Bell service, did not return the router. They billed me $113.00. Did not pay on time, left it until one month later then paid. They sent it to collection. Got the letter from them a week after I had verification of payment. What give with this company, can't wait a month longer. By the way, their router is not worth that much.

• Ju
    Julia Nolan Sep 01, 2018

Dec 1, 2017 Been on phone for 3 hours waiting on hold to find out why my daughters phone has no service and everyone I talked to kept transferring me to another department only to be on hold even longer.

• Ro
    Robert Snow Sep 01, 2018

pay my bill each month at one of their stores always in cash.told starting jan 1 they no longer accept legal tender.have no bank account or credit card what do i pay them with peanuts ?

• Be
    bernie cass Sep 01, 2018

bad service bad equipment and bell lies about correcting problem may have to sue

• Ba
    Bartklopper Sep 04, 2018

Trying to speak to someone who can actually help answer questions is near to impossible!! Telephone prompt says "prouudly serving you from Canada" however, I'm transferred to the Philippines and customer "care" reps with bad attitudes!! Unacceptable! The agents hung-up on me and refused to put a supervisor on the phone when asked to do so!!!

James Estiaga Oct 22, 2018

Date of Complaint: July 18, 2017 about unsafe cable installation

Bell technician did check and inspected the complaint then issued Project TOR OON 43DSO LOI 17080441. Up to now no action taken / request update

Jaime Estiaga

Marky72 Oct 28, 2018

I live in Kilsyth Ontario, 8 minutes from Owen Sound and Kilsyth has barely any service and I would like to know why that hasn't been remedied. Other area's near by that were "dead zones" have been being delt with and I am asking the something be done to make things better here as well.

• Bb
    B Bob Dec 12, 2018

Re: Movie "Sally4ever" on HBO1 (336) and HBO1D (1336)

I'm no prude and I realize that this movie has show times around and after midnight each day, but it strays way over the line when it conatins scenes depicting one person defecating on another.

• Mu
    mutchoo Jan 05, 2019

My husband plays in a swing band and they play "Baby its Cold Outside". Play the tune and if people don't want to listen they can turn down the music. This is ridiculous, how the minority can control what others want to listen to! What about the wording of all the rap songs!!! Unbelievable.

• Sm
    SMG1 Sep 03, 2019

My bill has gone from 40 to 60 to 108.36 pushed into another fake deal and now paying 80 how was that a deal and what's to stop them from charging me more during this so called fake deal. I am a person with a disability and they know this and don't care. I am stuck with tv pkg I can't use to have internet how is that right.

• Rk
    R. Kraft Sep 08, 2019

Program Guide...not listing information and to preset recording of programs not done!… this is Labour Day...CFL weekend...when accessing game unable to record...asks for parental lock pin...this has not been set on this service...and am unable to do so as I am LOCKED out...go figure ...
    Not Best Pleased😱

• Li
    Lilly Nguyen1 Oct 27, 2019

I would give a -1 star if I could. Talked to telephone customer service regarding over charges with data even though I bought extra data a few days before. He was super rude and started yelling, didn't want to take out the charges . He told me to go back to the store and return the phones and cancel the lines I have