Bed Bath & Beyond — fraudulent charge on account
Summary of Bed Bath and Beyond fraudulent charge
Here are the basics on this order that was placed with my stolen card number.
1). Order place on 5/28/18 # BBB3221245165 for $1008.98 (a Roomba vacumn) that was not ordered by our company.
2) I notified the bank of the fraudulent charge and they sent the affidavit to Mastercard.
3) I received a dispute response as "not fraudulent", because the shipping and billing address matched. A tracking number was provided for the order: [protected]. When I checked the tracking number in June, it showed the package was "in transit". Even though the tracking never showed delivered or who signed for the package, they closed their investigation.
4) After many calls to Bed Bath and Beyond and Fed Ex. Someone at Fedex traced the package and was determined that the package was rerouted to North Carolina with a new tracking number: [protected].
5) after several calls to Bed Bath and Beyond, "Dixie" said it was an internal investigation and being handled. Was instructed the best way to get a refund was to initiate a charge back through the bank.
6) Went to the bank and started another chargeback. Two weeks later was informed it was now beyond 90 days and they were unable to complete a chargeback.
7) Contacted Bed Bath and Beyond Loss Department. Waited to speak with a manager, and Alan Buck contacted me. He said their policy is to not provide a refund without merchandise, to prevent me from being able to receive a refund from Bed Bath and Beyond and a refund from the bank. He would not say it was fraud internally at Bed Bath and Beyond, but would say he recognizes as a common fraud practice.
More Bed Bath & Beyond Complaints & Reviews
- BedBath & Beyond - customer service
- Bed Bath And Beyond - rebates
- Bed Bath And Beyond - beware
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond - declined check
- Bed Bath And Beyond - shipping delayed
- Bed Bath & Beyond - expresso maker
- Bed Bath & Beyond - no communication and no invoice to the payment to this purchase.
- Bed Bath & Beyond - worst customer service and online experience
- Bed, Bath & Beyond, Inc - inferior products
- Bed Bath & Beyond - Toxic fragrance pumped into the air