Bankers Life and CasualtyBe careful

I

I have been trying to file a claim with Banker's Life Long Term care for my 91 YO mother for over 6 months. In that time I have received excuse after excuse for not receiving payment. Of course its always MY fault. Each time and each step requires 30 days and then another 30 days. Checks were sent (per their information) and yet I have not seen even one. It will now take an additional 30 days to reprocess the checks, and now they want an additional evaluation, another 30 days and she has to continue to pay the premium. It is very apparent that this company has devised a way of slowing the process down in order for the elderly to pass away. And then of course they will NOT have to pay a penny. This company looks more and more like they prey upon the elderly for gain and then when these old folks need the help it is simply not there. There is nothing I can or will say about this company that would convince me to use their services or to recommend them to anyone that is considering long term care insurance. Scam at best, and fraud as worst. Maybe the latter. A letter will be sent to the insurance fraud office of Colorado.

• Ri
    ridiculous at best Jul 29, 2015

I have been working through claims to get my moms assisted living paid for. She was admitted June 4th. I was told she must complete a 90 day at home health assessment before entry into assisted living. She received care for 6 months. When I submitted the documentation and notes I was told it had to be 90 visits not 90 days in service. So my poor dad has paid 2 months out of pocket and about to be pay a 3rd month. They wont reimburse for June and half of July because she didn't meet the 90 day requirements. I have never been so upset to the point of an ulcer with any company in my life the way I am with bankers Life. If anyone you know bought a long term health care plan, please advise them to cancel it before they are too invested. it has turned out to be useless after 20 years of payments.

• Ob
    Obelia M Hubbard Mar 04, 2014

I was given the incorrect information about my policy #. Banker's Life could not find it and gave me the run around for 2 weeks. I also found out that BL will not release money to a family member that cared for her father. He died in 2011 and they have yet to release the funds to her as she is the beneficiary. I cancelled all of my policies today and asked that my account not be debited.