Having problems with Bankers Life?

Bankers Life Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 621 3724 (Customer Service)
+1 800 787 1431 (Annuity Inquiries)
+1 800 773 4760 (Claim Inquiries)
+1 800 654 3072 (Non-Claim Inquires)
+1 800 283 8011 (Life Policy Inquiries)
111 E Wacker Drive, Suite 2100
Chicago, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bankers Life Customer Service. Initial Bankers Life complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bankers Life above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bankers Life. Discuss the issues you have had with Bankers Life and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Bankers Life and CasualtyDon't accept interviews, hang up on them

The company got into the Michigan Works Talent Bank after they had been RED FLAGGED and DEACTIVATED by the State of Michigan Talent Bank due to numerous complaints about interviewing, hiring, illegal employment practices, and scams pulled on their senior citizens insurance policies. Bankers Life and Casualty is getting informati0n about JOB seekers getting into the Talent Bank somehow and are being investigated as I write this. BEWARE! I responded 2x by email, 1x by voicemail to cancel my interview and never contact me again. The Michigan Talent Bank told me DO NOT GO TO THAT INTERVIEW! the company still called me to remind me to come to interview and I for a second time told them I was not coming and to never contact me again. The Talent Bank told me they WILL find out how Bankers Life and Casualty is getting confidential information on Michigan JOB seekers when they have been denied access to the site, calling on the Attorney General's Office to stop them if necessary. DO NOT accept interviews, HANG UP on them…Report them if you are on a Talent Bank sytem.

• Ba
      Bankers Life Scam Mar 25, 2015

The only reasons why recruiters from Bankers Life call for people to come in to these pathetic group interviews is so the recruiter will get paid 20 dollars a person who shows up. Bankers Life doesn't care about anyone succeeding they only care about the $ sign and to see how many they can lure into this scam company

Bankers Life & Casualty — Wrongful Termination

Wrongful Termination: My prior complaint filed 8/23/10 about Banker terminating me in 2005 after 26 years of...

Bankers Life and Casualty — commission not paid

I was a new agent at Bankers and quite a few of the older agents would try to write a policy and not put you...

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyScam

I received a call for a job interview. Thanks to this website and comments regarding the scam, I was able to avoid a loss of time and funds. My question is why the Attorney General has not put this people in prison? I can only conclude that enough money is made by this scam to pay off the regulators of our Insurance Industry. It might be best to eliminate Federal Regulators all together and save billions of tax dollars. I am hard press to find an industry where they really protect the American Citizen. We should all be aware, we are the only ones that can protect ourselves from the wolfs of this world.

• Ne
        Nekk123 Feb 24, 2011

Someone from Bankers Life and Casualty called me today. The person I spoke with said that they found my resume on Monster.com and would like to meet with me regarding a position. He said that this position is not a hard sales job and that their company helps out the elderly with any questions or issues they may have with their insurance. The person also said that they were looking for someone with a strong customer service background. He reminded me to dress professional and to bring a clean copy of my resume. I thought that was very strange.I just attempted to find out more information about this company and found this website.

I am NOT going to this interview.

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyUnsolicitated calls

Just received a call from a barely understandable woman obviously from a call center in India. Said that they saw my resume on line and would I come in for an interview. It is a cattle call for sales agents. I resent the fact that Bankers Life has outsourced their work to another country when so many people here in the USA need and want work. It is made even worse that it is to a region that supports terrorism. Oh yeah, I most definitely want to do business with a person in a region where lying is an accepted practice. Especially in view of recent events concerning Pakistan and Bin Laden. Do not support Bankers Life or any other company that outsources their work outside of the U.S.A. by purchasing their products. If they are willing to hire people in a region like this, can you really rely on their accountability or honesty in business?

Bankers Life and CasualtyUnsolicited Recruitment Practices

I have received multiple phone messages and emails from Bankers Life & Casualty. Company found my contact information from a resume I posted on Monster.com. I was able to successfully avoid contact with the company until today. I ended up speaking with a representative, a cheery young woman with Filipino accent with noise and chatter in the background I associate with call centers.
        What legitimate insurance firm hires an overseas marketing firm to contact resumes from Monster.com? I am hoping these unsolicited overtures will stop.

• Fa
            Factsorthetruth Jul 30, 2013

They prey on the desparate and those who do not understand how the insurance industry really works. If you do business with Bankers Life and Casulaty, you'd better have a good lawyer!

Bankers Life and Casualty Company — They lied

I was recruited by this Company in late Dec. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 6 years. I went to...

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyRun around.

My elderly aunt bought life insurance, an annuity, health insurance, and long term care insurance from this company. They deducted premiums directly from her checking account. She passed away in May, 2011 and as of now, March, 2011, I have as of yet to resolve her policies with this company. Bankers Life continued to deduct premiums from her checking account for months after her death (they were notified immediately). Closing the account resolved this issue. Now there has been almost one year of stall tactics, every Bankers Life representative stating different policies, rules, etc. Each rep contradicts the previous one. I could go on and on and on, but the bottom line is, THEY ARE NOT ACCREDITED WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU for a reason! Beware!

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyDid not send my refund as promised

Lori Walczak of the Milford, Ct. office promised me a refund check if I changed my mind about switching Health Ins. to Bankers. This was almost 2 mos. ago now and have not rec'd. my check. I will be calling the Ct. Insurance Fraud Office and if that doesn't work, will tell our Channel 8 TV news so that other Seniors will not be duped by this Company. Also when I called Lori Walczak to complain about the check, she blamed it on "The Weather" - no one else across the USA had that problem! I just want to warn other Seniors, thanks.

• Fr
                frostt6685 Feb 24, 2011

I cancelled my policy with Bankers almost two months ago. They took my monthly premium out of my bank anyway two days after they knew I had dropped coverage and have yet to refund all of it. For some reason I've received a third. Numerous phone calls and the "runaround", but no check. I am learning now of other people who have had this problem and will follow their lead.

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyThis is a scam no doubt

Yes all this posted is so true i hate people who try to scam you and their getting paid to do it, there should be a law to close this business down and the fac that there accredited by the better business bur. i CANT BELIVE IT. someone needs to do something... but yes we all need to stick together :) thanks everyone :) please stay away unless your looking for truble form this place ...and please if you feel like you have already suffered from this company report it to the bbb so they can move this place down their credit is an A+ i mean come on...

• Co
                  CONFEDERATE May 14, 2011

THIS COMPANY IS A LOW CLASS SNAKE OIL LIEING OUTFIT THAT NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN. MY WIFE PUT HER IRA WITH THEM, SET UP MONTHLY DATES FOR AN AN AMOUNT OF MONEY TO BE DEPOSITED TO HER BANK ACCOUNT OUT OF HER IRA ANNUITY AND NOW CANT GET IT DEPOSITED. BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE.

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyTook my 5000.00 no service, no refund!!

I opened a CD early, i/4/2011 in order to buy an annuity, from Bankers Life and... for 5000.00 3 days later I was rejected, I have been fighting for my 5000.00 back for days after days. Always get the run around that I have to wait 20 days for my check to clear. They told me today that my check cleared their bank on the 5th and I still have to wait the full 20 days, even though I didn't get any kind of service from them. They entered my house on false pretenses by using a vague acquaintance call for an appointment. In my opinion, they are scamming the elderly by doing this. I know what the 20 days are for!! That is so they can combine my 5000.00 with hundreds of thousands more and get Very good interest on our money. I am a 73 year old widow, with a small inheritance last month, I need this money desperately!! Can't fine the CEO's number or I would be on the phone with him or her. BEWARE OF CALLS TO GET INTO YOUR HOME BY BANKERS LIFE AND CASUALTY, YOU MAY BE SORRY!!

• Na
                    Nancy22233 Mar 06, 2011

As I understand it, the only way to get rejected for an annuity is if Bankers does not, in fact, receive your money. This happens if the institution that held your money before (in the CD) does not send the money to Bankers despite being asked to do so by the customer. Or if the check you give Bankers bounces.

I'd sure like to know what happened here, because this complaint sounds bogus to me.

Bankers Life and CasualtyRipped off seniors bank acct

Bankers life and casualty stopped paying on her health care nursing home in june of 2010, now here it is jan 18 2011, and they are still debiting her acct.they dont stop drawing money even when they know they are not entitled to it . and unfortunatly then they say send us a letter and we will stop it.well *** if i did that to someone i would go to jail !!!how does a nursing home patient, whom has dementia and legally can`t sign a thing supposed to do this ? they should be responsible to their clients especially seniors .they said until she goes without treatment for 6 months then they can reinstate her policy . that is and cannot happen so i contacted the bbb and will see what happens.

• Lu
                      Luanne Ray Feb 03, 2015

This same exact thing happened to my mother. They did pay off the claim but then kept the policy open even though my mother has alzheimers & will never have a different diagnosis. They took 3 months of payments automatically out of her account after the policy was already paid! I complained & they said I needed to put it in writing that I wanted the payments to quit coming out of her account & finally got a letter that they have stopped it but then I get a bill in the mail! I faxed them a letter listing me as her POA (they have that info already too) & that we want this policy cancelled. I called to make sure they got the letter & they did but unfortunately I needed to SIGN it. I signed it but was told it could take up to 27 days for the policy to be cancelled. Needless to say I made it very clear that they will not be getting any more money from her! This had my blood boiling!

Bankers Life & Casualty Company — Lack of response to Medicare

Medicare-noridian has asked me to ask Bankers Life & Casualty Company, to write to them, mentioning that they...

bankers life andcasualty — reimburseent

i am having difficultuy receiving reimbursemen atfor long term policy for my husbnd, norton coleman who ha...

Bankers Life and CasualtyMisleads people

I worked for Bankers Life & Casualty (aka. Bankers, Bankers Life)in Austin, TX. The premise is to get as many people per week into a career briefing. Recruiters are paid (100% commission)for how many people they get into the group interviews. $10 - $15 per show to interview. There is no base pay, no health benefits, no PTO, no vacation, and no paid training.Recruiters list off management positions but even if you have supervisory skills, you will only be contracted for the insurance sales agent position.You will start from the bottom.Don't waste you time or money. There is a $100 administration fee (this helps get the recruiters paid), license fees $250 for a permanent, $150 for a temporary. At the end of 90 days, one still has to pay for the $250 permanent license. The test to get the license to solicit theirinsurance products is $70-each time you have to take it, and there is a $50 finger print fee.All takes place in three interviews and about $500 out of your pocket.

• Th
                        Thewittyone Jan 13, 2011

I may have opinions about the company, but I am thankful I worked there for almost 7 years. I left because I saw the writing on the wall. It is hard, but isn't every six figure income opportunity?? 1st year=$49, 000/ 2nd year=$89, 000/ 3rd year=$125, 000 and so on. So it costs $500 to start seems worth it to me. Well maybe not today and with the state of Conseco and all the problems Bankers has had. I am glad I was there for awhile and it helped me in what I do now over $250K Work hard, play hard, enjoy it!

Bankers Life and Casualtyfraud

purchased long term care.paid up frount plus auto deduct from checking.they canceled my policy for non payment eventhough they withdrew money from my checking.om phone for 45 min. talked to 4 people who couldn't help me.just got in touch with insurance fraud agency of idaho. all you people were right, stay clear form this company. checked there ratings the were all bbb and one d..

Bankers Life and Casualty CompanyAutorization form not correct for my new bank

8/31/10 My Bank informed me that Bankers Life did not fill out the Authorization form corectly, therefore on my bank statment this month, the $97.14 payment was refused. My statement shows your name and 0.00 in amount paid column.

The teller at Citi Bank caled her home office and they instructed her to tell me to contact you because there is nothing they can do to correct your error.

I do not wish to appear delinquent in my payment. Please correct this error and advise me that this situation is being taken care of properly now.

Bankers Life and CasualtyDishonest

This company has very sleezy and dishonest practices. They are not at all honest two you during the interviews. Only after you have given them hundreds of dollars does the truth about their practices come out. And if you leave the company they will send a collection agency after you to pay back whatever you earned in commission. I speak from experience. I learned the hard way that Bankers Life and Casualty is a scam and a crook company. I don't even now how they are allowed to do business in the state of New Jersey. Stay away from these thieves, please.

• Fa
                              Factsorthetruth Jul 30, 2013

It seems to me that you hit the nail on the head. They are dishonest!

Bankers Life 7 Casualty Co.Wrongful Termination

Wrongfully terminated in 2005 after 26 years of service!
                            Company officiers lied to me about their complaints committing fraud among other charges as they conspired with employees of the Maine Attorney Generla's office and the Maine Bureau of Insurance! They are the ultimate ###! It would be a mistake to work for them or certainly to consider buying their products. See my attched letter of May 31, 2010 if Complaints Board is able to post it.

• Al
                                Alan Knowlton Nov 30, 2011

Bankers Life and Casualty — Bankers Life an Casualty

This company got into the Michigan Works Talent Bank after they had been RED FLAGGED and DEACTIVATED by the...