Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] badoo premium

Let me share my experience i had with badoo today. I was using badoo on my iphone when the window came up offering me badoo premium. I have closed the widnow but to my surprise the next widnow poped up saying i just purchased life time badoo premium (119pounds) ;O. I was in schock coz i did not agree to that. I've contacted them as soon as possible but all they did was hide behind their no refund policy. After replying to my emails twice then they must decided to just ignore me coz i did not hear from them any more. I understand there may be no refounds if u intentionally buy something but i did not wanted, the website does it for you. Seeing other posts im not the first one to experience this. I may be taking it to the small claims court.
Got all the emails if someone wantsd to see them.
Avoid no matter what.

• Badoo's response · Jul 05, 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When you link your payment details to your profile, you were shown the terms of doing this which stated that you would enable yourself to make purchased via out one-click method.

As per the terms you agreed to when linking your payment details, this service is indeed non-refundable. However, if you'd like to reach out to us via Twitter of Facebook @BadooHelp, I'll see what we can do for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jake

[Resolved] stolen money by badoo from. my credit card

I signed up for a $29 one month joining fee for premium services and was rudely shocked when I noticed 2...

[Resolved] blocked for being trans

I have thousands of guys who liked my profile and pics but a few bad apples find I am trans they get upset that they matched with a tranny. They tell me that I should leave this app because it is for straight men only but I ignore them because they are bald ugly old guys. I have met so many hot straight guys on there looking for girl like me but the bad apples report me and then badoo kicked my account for no reason. I never insulted anyone never posted obscene material never argued with the bigots just delete them and move on. Problem is a percentage of all men think they own everything so they want trannies gone to the margins like before and unfortunately badoo let them win. I am blocked because I am transgender. Next time girls, don't even disclose our status just fool them into it like I did many times before. If they want us to hide who we are we will and they will get lured even more into falling in love with a tranny only to have a surprise at the end.

• Badoo's response · Jul 05, 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please allow me to assure you that profiles are not blocked on Badoo based on our users sexual orientation or gender identity. We strive to be as inclusive as possible and make every effort to make our genuine users feel welcome on Badoo.

Any and all complaints made against your profile will have been thoroughly investigated and your profile will have only been blocked if you've broken our rules. If you're unsure what they are, you can find them here: badoo.com/guidelines.

If you believe your profile has been blocked in error, please contact us on Facebook or Twitter (@BadooHelp), send us your registered email address and we'll check this decision for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Badoo's response · Jul 10, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience.

When you register on Badoo, you're presented with our guidelines which outline the kind of behave which we expect from our users in order to help us maintain a fun and safe pace for people to date honestly and openly.

We have a zero-tolerance policy for users that break our rules after agreeing to follow them and as such we reserve the right to revoke your access to Badoo. Please be assured that moderation decisions and decisions made to revoke a users access to Badoo are solely based on the guidelines which you agree to follow when registering on Badoo and the violations which have occurred thereafter. We sincerely apologise that you feel that this decision was made with discriminatory intent.

You can find our guidelines at badoo.com/feedback and if you really feel like your profile was not blocked fairly, please contact our team at badoo.com/feedback and we will conduct a secondary investigation.

• Je
    Jessica_t Sep 19, 2018

I have the same issue. I have created 3 accounts already. And guess what? All of they were blocked... Coincidence? All transgender woman should file a class action lawsuit against Badoo

• BadooTeam Oct 01, 2018

@Jessica_t Hi there,

As explained in the response to complainant, Badoo users are not blocked based on their gender identity or sexuality. We welcome everyone and we strive to create an inclusive environment for all users.

However, often our rules our overlooked and we would encourage all of our users to familiarise yourself with them here: badoo.com/guidelines. If you truly believe that your profile has been blocked by mistake, you can reach out to us via social media @BadooHelp and our team will be happy to double check the original decision to block your profile.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Badoo Team

• Ap
    April Warren Mar 19, 2019

@Jessica_t Same I had same problem

• Lo
    Love Honey Apr 28, 2019

Unfortunately in 2019 This issue is shared by many trans people all around the world. It is clear that we are not welcome or wanted on their platform and its time that unite and create our own platform. Until then keep in mind that you can alter your setting within the app to use invisible mode (in case the same creeps keep reporting you). Another tip is to stay away from the app and only access site through encrypted or private browsers, keeping in mind that you may need to verify through photos before sending or receiving messages. Since I was granted an appeal last year and my profile was reinstated, the same thing happened but this time Jake and the help team upheld the ban because of a once and done policy. Now the only way I can access the site is by creating profiles that I cant verify with my phone number. To keep track of which login to use I started creating a n email chain [email protected] and I'm already up to [email protected] Hopefully I dont make it to 100.

• Gi
    Giselle Thor Jul 10, 2019

We alll have the same issue all the time and they keep blocking the trans, it is getting annoying. It should be because maaaaaaany guys write to us and we can not answer to all of them. Always Badoo block the trans and says they are not against them. So why you do not have the option for trans then. We are definitely not welcome on the website and that’s very sad! And why block all the time ? That’s ridiculous from you guys.

[Resolved] credit and premium

Hello,
After I bought my credit popup the company blocked my account for no reason, they claim it's for commercial issues, but I have violated the terms and conditions, I have not done anything, now I want to refund my credit popup and my premium as well if they
will prohibit me from using my account, it's not ok what's they have done, it's just they took money and then they blocked me, I sent an email and reports to them, no body reply and I contacted a number they say it's contact centre they want to hack my laptop then I disconnected the call

• Updated by Sayed Khamis · Jun 21, 2018

I haven't violated the terms and conditions, they just block my account for no reason

• Updated by Sayed Khamis · Jun 21, 2018

They replied after I was blocked for two days and said they blocked me by mistake, now they open my profile, thank you badoo
    Case closed

• Badoo's response · Jun 25, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we're extremely happy that you were able to resolve this issue.

Should you experience further issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email at badoo.com/feedback or @Badoo on Facebook or Twitter

[Resolved] deleting a profile

I have an active Badoo account that I try to cancel and I can not. The account is locked on a photo verification screen and does not validate the photo so I can enter the settings and delete it, nor allow me to do anything. I already contacted the support and nothing!

can it be deleted as soon as possible because the help and complaint on the website query do not respond i am very un happy about it and i have sent queries numerous times information is provided in attached documents of link to profile to be deleted

• Badoo's response · Jun 20, 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please find the steps below to pass photo verification:

1. Open your profile page and tap on 'Verification'
    2. Tap on the photo icon
    3. Remember the gesture in the example and tap on 'Take a photo'
    4. Tap on 'Use photo'
    5. Ensure that the gesture in your photo matches the one in our example and tap 'Send'

If the gesture is incorrect or the photo is not clear, please tap on 'Retake'.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at badoo.com/feedback and we'll be happy to help!

[Resolved] badoo premium

My bank account was debited $10.90 for badoo premium which I didn't authorize and auto top-up has been switched of in my payment settings. I want my money back. It should be refunded. This is just very bad and sad at the same time, giving badoo our personal details doesn't mean we should be exploited. I have read people's complaints about this same issue. Badoo should please refund my money.

badoo premium

• Badoo's response · Jun 19, 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Your auto top up status refers to your credits balance which you can switch on or off at any time to top up your credits balance automatically when it falls below 200.

However, Badoo Premium is a subscription based service and will renew unless cancelled. If you would like us to check on the status of your subscription to Badoo Premium, please reach out to us at badoo.com/feedback or contact our support team on Facebook or Twitter @BadooHelp.

We hope to hear from you soon.

• La
    Lancecomwar Jun 20, 2018

I have also had 80 dollars of my money stolen by this scam against my will and knowledge

[Resolved] credits bought with my permission

Charged my card and would like my money bank in my account...I never ask you guys to store my card tht account...and give the cute option before doing so without the permission...you give the customer the option to retype there card number just in case they miss something they will see it to correct it...you put a continue button... knowing most ppl think continue on a page is to go to next page...I'ma get hold BBB for USA customers...why is America dealing with a Russian on site...when we have trouble you guys and Trump...I have made a complaint with no response as of yet... In ever ever authorized a 39.99 payment...I thought continue was meaning I was going to the next to see other options not for my card to be charged...

• Updated by Seneca40 · Jun 15, 2018

Nothing has happened yet...no refund for credit's bought unauthorized

• Updated by Seneca40 · Jun 15, 2018

For all readers I can't edit my complaint...so to let you know it suppose to read credits bought unauthorized...

• Badoo's response · Jun 19, 2018

Sorry to hear about this!

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your profile without your registered email address or phone number. You can reach out to our support team via email here: badoo.com/feedback or by social media @BadooHelp on Twitter and Facebook.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jake

company refusing refund on unauthorised payment

This company can be sumarized in one word - scummy

Lets forget about the fake profiles and all the other stuff that should make you get premium etc.

Lets talk about the payment system.
I am unaware about purchasing anything in this app, yet it had my credit card details (now granted, i might be wrong, but i know for sure that i did not save the details)

The whole payment system is designed around the idea of user buying the most expensive service in error. (I know badoo, dont bother, its designed to make purchases more convenient to the user)

When selecting any premium service, it automaticly selects lifetime premium account for roughly 100 euros with big green button in the middle - proceed. If you click it in mistake, well...say goodbye to your money as the app has one click payment set up .

Requesting an refund is pointless even though consumer has right to a refund of digital service within 14 days of purchase. They claim that as you recieve the benefits of the premium right away, you lose the right to a refund. This would not stand in court and i am starting to think that collective lawsuit is in order as this happens way to often to a lot of people.

Even if this payment was not performed by you, without your presence or consent (somebody gets a hold of your phone for example) this company just ignores it and refuses to refund you anything. I have reported this to their support staff 3 times and it was ignored every single time. This is once again, illegal.

The only way for you to get a refund, is to go to your bank directly and file a refund request, but you can do that only in case that this payment was not done by you as in my case.

• Da
    Dave Innit Jul 05, 2018

I have been a victim of this too.

[Resolved] badoo payments

So they said that i needed to purchase a 1 dollar pack for 100 credits to speak with somebody, I put my debit card information on that [censored] site and the next thing that I know they took 25 dollars of my account for 6 months of a [censored] service that I don't want and the cucks behind the customer service only reply, is not refundable, how the [censored] is not refundable if i din't pay for that piece of [censored] service

• Badoo's response · Jun 12, 2018

Hi there!

It sounds like you linked your payment details to your account in order to speed up making purchases on Badoo. This option is shown when entering your payment details and is completely optional.

You can find more information on this in our terms here: badoo.com/terms.

company refusing refund on payment

On June 6th 2018 I was charged 5099 Roubles for 'lifetime subscription' to premium features on the 'Badoo' dating app on my phone. This was a payment I did not wilfully authorise, and it was processed either due to fraudulent activity or through touching the phone by accident while logged into the app. I knew nothing about it until I checked my bank account. It is a payment I simply cannot afford as I am currently off work.

The company insist that they will not honour their 14 day refund policy in this case.

Despite the company normally offering a 14 day free trial of this service anyway, they will still not refund the payment.
I am very upset about this experience.

• Ra
    Rashad_1 Jun 07, 2018

Same thing happened to me yesterday too and they said that the app automatically opens with that option selected and I went ahead and selected to continue and so it's my fault but I didn't agree to really continue it was already selected and they just automatically process the subscription and it told me that it was for 1 99 but I got an email saying that I was $159

• Fr
    friar_tuck Jun 13, 2018

same thing happened to me. I suggest we all complain to paypal or your credit card provider. If enough people complain then surely they will take action against badoo? It is worth a go surely. I have flagged it as an unauthorized transaction on my paypal account and will see what happens anyway.

• Pa
    Pascalises Jun 18, 2018

I was also charged $10.90 this morning. I switched off auto top-up since March this year and money was deducted again. Badoo is using our personal details without authorization.

• Da
    Dave Innit Jul 05, 2018

Same thing happened to me. This is illegal in the UK

badoo

Hello I'm confused about why I was blocked in badoo cause I didn't do anything wrong it's just not fair to...

[Resolved] cancelled subscription and unauthorized payment

I wanted to try a free 14-day period of Badoo Premium and I submitted my payment details with a promise I wouldn't be charged any money and I could cancell subscpription at any time within next 14 day free of charge. I decided do not want Badoo premium, so I cancelled my subscription within the free period and it should have ended on 04.06.2018. I also removed a payment method from my settings. Today, I was shocked to discover that my Badoo Premium was still active and I was charged 1099 Czech crowns for another three months. I contacted customer service and they keep on telling me I didn't cancell my subscription in timne and that my payment cannot be refunded. I simply take it as abuse of my payment details. I request a refund because I simply didn't want Badoo Premium anymore and I cancelled my subscription on time. My account login is [protected]@gmail.com

• Badoo's response · Jun 07, 2018

Thank you for your message.

It looks like you've removed your payment details but did not cancel the subscription. When you link a payment method, your payment details are stored as a convenience; this makes purchases easier since you do not have to enter your details every time you want to activate a premium feature. However, starting a subscription for Badoo Premium or enabling Auto Top-up for credits means you enter into a billing agreement, which authorises recurring charges to be made using the payment method you've selected.

Removing your stored payment details prevents you from making one-click purchases, but it does not cancel existing billing agreements like a subscription or Auto Top-up. Billing agreements need to be cancelled separately, and cancellation instructions are presented to you at the time of purchase.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any further questions.

[Resolved] my account was blocked due to untrue reason

I tried login into my badoo account last 2days and I met it blocked for no true reason I always abide to the terms and conditions of the site and never try to use other ways. Please I need my badoo account back cos I have some important information on it, it was blocked to no reason which is not true, I have bin using my account for years now and I have never misuse it. Kindly unblock me my email is [protected]@yahoo.com
Thanks as I will be expecting positive response

• Updated by Christy2002 · Jun 06, 2018

What's the solution to unblock it

• Badoo's response · Jun 06, 2018

Unfortunately we have received several complaints about your profile. We have investigated these complaints and have decided to permanently block your profile for being in violation of our Guidelines.

You can read our Guidelines via the following link: http://badoo.com/guidelines/.

All of our users are required to follow these rules to ensure Badoo remains a fun, friendly and safe place to be. Our decision about your profile cannot be changed and no exceptions will be made.

• Sh
    Shamilah Nyawira Jun 04, 2018

My account also is blocked Milly shebang mail.com

account blocked

Yesterday I opened my account on badoo and it said you have been blocked for breaking terms and that I have...

[Resolved] fake profile

Hi, there is a fake profile of me on your website.
I am receiving countless messages from people I know saying someone is impersonating me on there. This is against the law and I WILL be taking legal action if you don't resolve this.
How can this be allowed to happen? This is my picture they are using it is disgusting.
Remove it immediately.

I have already reported it and STILL no action.

• Badoo's response · May 30, 2018

We are sorry to hear that someone created a fake profile with your details and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please could you send us a link to the profile? You can find this by visiting the profile on a desktop computer and copying the URL at the top of the window.

If you have found this profile via Google, please send us the link to the results. For example:

Stephanie Smith, Female, 26 | London, United Kingdom | Badoo
    badoo.com/en/02746395978/

[Resolved] badoo dating

Hi badoo, I've just been told by my girlfriends friend that I have a fake account made in my name "Harry"...

you've blocked my account for no reason

I'm sending you email because you've blocked my account for no reason. a few days ago I created a badoo profile as some of my tinder friends suggested it. and after a day you blocked my profile for no reason. as you mentioned that some reports were made without using it ??? why did you block me ?? and from what I read block many users. I would ask you to unblock my badoo profile.

you've blocked my account for no reason

• Updated by Katiatsiridou · May 30, 2018

have you received my email? I have not received any answer from you

• Updated by Katiatsiridou · Jun 05, 2018

good news I sent you mail ten days ago and I have not received any answer from you. why is this happening;

• Badoo's response · Jun 06, 2018

Sorry to hear about this.

It's likely that your profile has been blocked for breaking our rules. If you're unsure what we ask of our community, you can find our guidelines here: badoo.com/guidelines

If you believe your profile has been blocked in error, please contact us here: badoo.com/feedback

• Updated by Katiatsiridou · Jun 06, 2018

• Updated by Katiatsiridou · Jun 08, 2018

Hello. Send again. please my profile is blocked without reason. I have not done anything to block you. I find it illegal and absurd to delete my profile. I can not communicate with the e-mail you give me. is it easy to help me? it's been several days since the day you sent e mail.

[Resolved] badoo premium

Money for life time badoo premium has been deducted from my account but I cant access badoo premium features
They are still asking me to buy credits after I paid alot of money just to migrate to badoo lifetime premuum

Before I made payments to badoo premium the agreements was that I will be able to access all baddo features without having to pay any other money but they are still asking to pay to chat to new users

This was not the aggrements
Please I need this issue to be resolved so I can access all badoo features including chatting to many people as I want

• Updated by Ayobami · May 25, 2018

Please i need to resolve my badoo premium so i can access all features because i have paid already

• Badoo's response · May 25, 2018

Thanks for your review!

Credits and Badoo Premium are two separate premium services.

Credits are to purchase self-promotion services such as Rise Up, extra shows and Get Featured. However, Badoo Premium is a subscription based service, with the exception of our lifetime plan, that enables you access to many different functionalities for the period you subscribe. E.G. Undo your last no vote, top chat, invisibility and access people who liked you.

my profile still does not work

I'm creating a new topic well since I have not received a response to the previous topic about my account that has been blocked unnecessarily as it has never previously had Badoo accounts. as you will see in the previous topic you will see below https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/badoo-trading-my-profile-does-not-work-c999660.html, you asked me for the email I connected to badoo to check my profile again. my email is [protected]@gmail.com. I'm waiting for you to let me know

• Updated by Raniamp · Jun 06, 2018

I have sent you a message a few weeks ago to block my account without a reason. please let me know and answer me soon.

[Resolved] i'm complaining about stolen identity using on portal called badoo

Coraline Ann 11 Swain Court Woodstone PE2 9PL Peterborough 23/05/2018 Dear Sir/Madam I am writing to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices