A&Wdisgusting food!!

M

If you ever happen to have the misfortune of having to eat in Blanding, Utah do yourself a favor and buy your food at one of the two grocery stores. I ordered two hot dogs ($1.10 each, so that should have been my first clue) and I only managed to force one down my throat. First of all, if you're expecting condiments on your plain hot dog you better like ketchup and mustard packets because that's all they've got. Second, my hot dog was rubbery. It was like they found a hot dog laying around somewhere and threw it in a microwave for too long. Third, the bun was cold. They don't even know how to thaw out buns in that town. Fourth, the bun on my other hot dog, the one I threw in the trash, was moist, wrinkly, and steaming! Again, they probably just threw it in the microwave. Fifth, the cashier didn't know how to make eye contact or communicate with me since the words "I'd like two hot dogs" took multiple explanations. Sixth, I also ordered the menu item "Classic Float", and the cashier didn't even know what I was talking about. I had to point to the menu and say, "the Classic Float! It's right there!"! Seventh, the kid working the grill was leaning against a wall text messaging someone and when the cashier told him what to make he looked up like a deer in headlights with his bleach tipped hair and said, "huh?". Eighth, as I'm waiting for my food I hear them call out an order number, "201", so the person with 201 gets their food. A few minutes later I hear, "201". WTF? Then a few minutes later I hear, "202", and the person with 202 gets their food (me). Then a few minutes later, again, "202". Seriously, this place is a joke. It's about what you'd expect from such a small, and forgive the language but it's true, inept town.

• Sw
    Swikity Apr 11, 2009

You are aware that A&W is a massive chain, right?

mrsquigles Apr 11, 2009

Yes, does that fact excuse any of my complaints?

• binder Apr 11, 2009

Let me get this straight...you had a bad experience at a A&W so you decided to post your tale of hardship on the INTERNET rather than speaking with the manager have your, no doubt, hard earned dollars refunded? Very productive. Besides, it's not like you're dining at some 5-star steakhouse; its a f'king fast food place. Get over it, ya big baby.

mrsquigles Apr 11, 2009

Wtf is wrong with you people? Is this an internet complaint board or not? It was $2.00 dollars, I'm not going to go through the hassle of making the cashier or manager figure out how to give someone a refund. They need all the money they can get their anyway. And what if I did get my money back, what then? Does that mean I can't complain about this hole of a restaurant? Jesus Christ what's wrong with you, binder? What is about "Complaint Boards" that you don't understand?

• binder Apr 11, 2009

Whoa there Slugger, guess I didn't realize how something so petty could mean so much to a person...and take it personally when someone doesn't agree with their sense of entitlement. You call this a complaint? Gosh, I hope the next fast food joint treats you like royalty.
    I look forward to reading your next heart-wrenching tale of woe because the Walmart door greeter didn't say "Hi" to you.

mrsquigles Apr 12, 2009

binder, I don't expect to be treated like royalty nor would I expect you to agree with a sense of entitlement that I don't have. All I want is what everyone else wants, some decent service. Maybe you too lazy to read my original complaint because there was more to it than just someone not saying hi to me. If you'd like to go to the A&W in question in Blanding do so yourself then write your story about how wonderful your soggy rubbery hot dog was because hey, we're in a recession so cut 'em some slack.
    "...and you're right, this is a board about complaints. Well, I'm complaining about your pathetic complaint."
    Why am I not surprised that you would say something so idiotic as this? Oh wait, because I was actually expecting you to. This is a complaint board about businesses. If you don't like the complaints here, like I said, visit these places yourself then tell us how you feel. Until then, why don't you just shut the ### up and let people tell about their experiences at these horrible businesses?

• Mi
    missjones Apr 12, 2009

wait, arent hot dogs disgusting any way they are cooked?

i mean they are the anus lips, testicles and eyelids of pigs ground up into a biomass and formed under pressure into a hot dog shape. How can you cook them without them being disgusting??

mrsquigles Apr 12, 2009

"wait, arent hot dogs disgusting any way they are cooked?

i mean they are the anus lips, testicles and eyelids of pigs ground up into a biomass and formed under pressure into a hot dog shape."

You've never eaten a good hot dog?

mrsquigles Apr 12, 2009

Jason Tillo, I invite you to go there and experience this place for yourself. I only mentioned the number thing to further illustrate the sheer incompetence of the place.
    (clean enough language for you?)

Jason,
    Hot dogs don't explode if their skin's already been broken. And who knows what else happens to those dogs before they served them to me.
    Put an icy bun in a microwave and tell me if it doesn't come out moist, steaming, and wrinkly.
    I couldn't care less how my ### food was prepared, I was merely making a point anyway. I didn't realize you were a hot dog expert. I would've been more careful.
    "Nice try for free food"
    I didn't ask for my money back, read my comments.
    "Or perhaps you are some pervert flirting with her"
    Right, because you were there and you know me so well, you know how it all happened.

binder,
    "take it personally when someone doesn't agree with their sense of entitlement"
    Your "disagreement" was actually a personal attack so of course I'm going to take it personally.

You know what, my complaint boils down to this:
    1) I had to repeat my order 3 times
    2) I had to point to my order on the menu
    3) My food wasn't edible

I don't think that's setting the bar too high, even for a fast food place. If you think I'm asking too much please leave your location and field of occupation so I can be sure to stay away from you because I hate to break it to ya but your idea of "acceptable" is what most people consider "piss poor" and I'd rather stay away from you and any services you provide.

Please feel free to respond to me via a message where I can more conveniently ignore you to prevent this now ### thread full of comments from people who enjoy cold soggy buns and rubbery hot dogs from popping up in the "Recently Discussed Complaints" side menu (yes, I realize this comment does exactly that, feel free to get a kick out of mentioning that in your "you're a baby" reply).

Enjoy your hot dogs!

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 13, 2009

You have a very good complaint, even if it could be considered something petty, which it is not. Watery bread is disgusting. Sounds like the food was bad. Then again you get what you pay for.

mrsquigles Apr 13, 2009

Trevor, you are right about that, I got what I paid for. Looking at my complaints individually it can understandably seem like a petty complaint (other than the inedible food, which is an automatic complaint), but one thing after the other is annoying enough to want to tell people about. Anywho, this Jason Tillo kid's some character. I was actually pissed off at his first comments to me but upon further investigation he's a super troll and I've actually laughed at some of his insane replies to people.

And Jason,
    Trust me. You'll never work where I work. You'd need at least an elementary school education first.

mrsquigles Apr 13, 2009

"Well, I wonder how you got the job in the first place"

And you can keep wondering.

Jason,
    No, [censored], where I work you need an education and an interview, which is basically a personality and skills evaluation. If that sounds scary to you, it's because your personality has the appeal of a dead skunk and your skills amount to your comments on this website.

Jason,
    I gotta admit, you kinda crack me up. You're a pretty good troll.

mrsquigles Apr 14, 2009

Jason,
    Damn, that's pretty good. Between here and 4chan you must stay pretty busy.

• Be
    BeerWolf Apr 16, 2009

I've been to A&W in Malaysia [never been to the US] and I thought they were decent. My first experience with Root Beer there ;)

• MAC Apr 16, 2009

MRS QUIGLE'S U HALF A GODO PONIT BU TIT'S ASLO A BIT OF A NIPTICK ASWELL, ,

MAAM ON A MROE PERNOSAL LELVEL I DO MYSLEF EJNOY A GOOD HOG DOG FORM TMIE'S TOO TIME'S

I PERFER THE BUN TO BE SOEMWEHERE BEWTEEN "" COULD "" & "" MOIT'S & WIRNKELY "" A NIECE SETEAMED ROLOL WHITH SOEM REAL TEXUTRE IS MY FAUVORTIE

IN CONCULSION OUR GODO FEREND JASON TILO IS A TROLOL OF THE HIGEST DEEGRE AND THOUG HE MAY BE FUNNAY AT TIEM'S I HALF BUTED A HEAD'S WHITH HIM FORM TIEM TOO TIEM'S & DO NAT FIEND HIM TOO BE MCUH OF AN AVDERSARY'S

LAUGING OUT LOURD

SICNERELY

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

mrsquigles Apr 17, 2009

Mac, why have you completely changed your style of writing? When you first started commenting you wrote literately and intelligently. Guess you're going for a new angle. Seems like more trouble than it's worth though.

• MAC Apr 17, 2009

MRS QUIGLE'S THAT'S IS AN ECXELETN QESTION WICH I HAB BEEN HOPEING TO ADREESS HERE INT HESE FOMRUM'S

I SEE THTA U HALF DOEN YOU'RE RESERACH

THOUSE FIRT'S FEW PSOT'S TOOK ME A VERRAY LOGN & DICIFULT PEDRIOD OF TMIE TO WIRITE, ,

I NEDED TOO AKSK FOR HEPL FORM SOEM PEPOPOL COLOSE TOO ME & TOO BE HONET'S IT WAS A ;LIOTLE EBMBARASINING

NOT TO METNOIN TO MCUH TMIE & EFORT IF U AKSK ME EPSECAILY ON A "" WEB STIE "" LIEK THSI WERE NO BODY SEME'S TO BE ABEL TOO OR WLILING TOO SEPEND MCUH TMIE GETING THNIG'S RIGHT

AS YOU'RE CAN PORBORALY GESS I AM NOT ILITERATE & I AM AEBEL TOO COMNUICIATE MY THAUGT'S CELERYLY HOW EVER I AM SHURE THAT U CAN SEE THTA I AM NOT PREFECT AS NO BODY IS & THAT IS MY POILCY NO TOO JUGDE ANY ONE TO HASHRLY

& MR TILO AS USAUL U SHOLD BE ASAHEMED OF YOU'RE SLEF

SICNERLY

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

mrsquigles Apr 17, 2009

OK MAC, best of luck to you.

• He
    Heather Apr 20, 2009

OMG...I'm sorry but this post has me LMAO! "It was like they found a hot dog laying around somewhere"...I'm laughing so hard I literally have tears in my eyes...

• He
    Heather Apr 20, 2009

And LOL @ Mac, I think I get the point he is making...which is that so many folks that post here are illiterate-sounding and don't bother to read something before posting it...

Heather,
    Glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to write as well. And the best part is that I didn't exaggerate one bit!

• Sc
    Scott Apr 21, 2009

After reading this letter says in his best Homer Simpson voice. Yummmm Hotdog.

Scott,
    Ha ha, you can have it! Come to think of it, remember that Simpsons where Homer keeps that sub sandwich in his bed with him for like a month even when it starts to make him sick? Well, I guess the hot dogs weren't too bad compared to that.

• La
    LadyxLegend Apr 21, 2009

Had so much fun reading this...sorry for ur bad experience...I posted this to a friend...absoloutley entertaining stuff! thx

{still ROFL}

• Se
    senseijeff95 Apr 21, 2009

I feel your pain on the A&W thing, Squig... Got one in my town that is no better. On a much lighter note, it's nice to see another person on here with a wry, witty, and thought out posting style. Oh, and common sense and a spellchecker to boot... Hooyah!

mrsquigles Apr 21, 2009

For reals. I never meant to comment so much here. It just kind of sucked me in. It feels like it's tucked away in some corner of the internet world.

• Se
    senseijeff95 Apr 21, 2009

Exactly. I stumbled across this by accident a couple of hours ago, researching the whole "Facebook IQ scam" deal. I started reading posts, then started yelling at all of the ### posts on my screen, and before you know it, here I am...

mrsquigles Apr 22, 2009

"They would fail scouts for this."
    That's probably true. They for sure wouldn't get their Microwaving merit badge.

"Hopefully next time you can ask then to replace your food. They do this at other places."
    Maybe I will next time. It wasn't worth it this time. If they couldn't get a hot dog right I didn't want to deal with trying to get $2.00 back.

Thanks for the comment.

mrsquigles Apr 22, 2009

How's that business of yours coming along, Jason?

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 22, 2009

Mrsquiggles, I have to say that in that other thread you Scott, and Billy are the only ones acting mature. It is quite clear that angry at safeway is egging people on. Also I have been lurking and not replying to that board. I do not reply to such childishness, but have you ever noticed that once angry at safeway comes on the board that cynthia01 comes to his defence or vice versa? This is within five minutes or less. This has not happened just once or twice, this has happened almost every time. Hum???. Also their spelling and sentence structure is much less the same? Not to mention their insults and view of things?

Anyways I have a feeling that angry at safeway is just striving for attention. If someone is smart enough to ignore his childish comments he just tells them they are not replying because they could not take the insults anymore, which clearly shows that he is just posting for attention.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 22, 2009

Jason, okay you got me there, I used to live in a trailer making minimum wage at Wal-mart does not leave me with much choice. However I had to move because someone stole my "if the trailer is a rocking, don't comma knocking" sign.

• Sc
    Scott Apr 22, 2009

I noticed that too Trevor. I also noticed something else, same thing you noticed. Ofcourse the person in question has not answered for that which makes me believe we are right. Incase you are wondering what we are talking about mrsquiggles, it has something to so with the private message I sent you. I also noticed that both can't admit to acting so childish. Okay Cynthia is angry because someone insulted her kid, but what reason does angry have for being childish. Also even before her child was insulted online she was acting childish. You were not acting childish. I only said that to make her see I am not taking sides. I guess she is too childish along with her new "boyfriend" :D to see this.

Trevor,
    Yeah, my guess is that Jason has at least 4 screen names. He definitely has 2, which is provable.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 22, 2009

What I find funny is Billy's comment was the most helpful comment of them all. His comment. "### you, Jason" That comment had the mosts votes for helpfulness. Actually I voted on it myself because I found it funny.

Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy Apr 22, 2009

I forgot to mention one thing. I notice that everytime someone says something against cynthia, angry that they always get negative two votes. They are always online within minutes of each other. Let's keep our suspicions on this page, though I must say I have not heard from Angry yet. Perhaps they are reading our comments lurking.

mrsquigles Apr 22, 2009

"I have not heard from Angry yet"
    After Jason's last slip up I'm sure he's a little hesitant to switch screen names.

mrsquigles Apr 22, 2009

"They are always online within minutes of each other. "
    Here's another possible scenario. They're all in a class together. Computer time comes and they have a good time on this website. Cynthia01 could also possibly be complain265, the one who "makes 80k" and deserves faster food because she's a nurse (Cynthia also claims to be a nurse).