A&Wdisgusting food!!

M

If you ever happen to have the misfortune of having to eat in Blanding, Utah do yourself a favor and buy your food at one of the two grocery stores. I ordered two hot dogs ($1.10 each, so that should have been my first clue) and I only managed to force one down my throat. First of all, if you're expecting condiments on your plain hot dog you better like ketchup and mustard packets because that's all they've got. Second, my hot dog was rubbery. It was like they found a hot dog laying around somewhere and threw it in a microwave for too long. Third, the bun was cold. They don't even know how to thaw out buns in that town. Fourth, the bun on my other hot dog, the one I threw in the trash, was moist, wrinkly, and steaming! Again, they probably just threw it in the microwave. Fifth, the cashier didn't know how to make eye contact or communicate with me since the words "I'd like two hot dogs" took multiple explanations. Sixth, I also ordered the menu item "Classic Float", and the cashier didn't even know what I was talking about. I had to point to the menu and say, "the Classic Float! It's right there!"! Seventh, the kid working the grill was leaning against a wall text messaging someone and when the cashier told him what to make he looked up like a deer in headlights with his bleach tipped hair and said, "huh?". Eighth, as I'm waiting for my food I hear them call out an order number, "201", so the person with 201 gets their food. A few minutes later I hear, "201". WTF? Then a few minutes later I hear, "202", and the person with 202 gets their food (me). Then a few minutes later, again, "202". Seriously, this place is a joke. It's about what you'd expect from such a small, and forgive the language but it's true, inept town.

• AerosmithandQueen Jun 09, 2016

So you post this on a complaints board even though you have no complaint. You also really sound like someone who goes into another restaurant and tells another costumer how good your meal was at the place you work for.

• Tr
    Tracy Jun 09, 2016

I went to my local A&W this week after reading the ugly complaint from squigles and they served up a beautiful plate of a cheeseburger with crispy french fries, made to order by a friendly short order cook. There were no kids working there at the time, just a friendly older woman and an older man who did the cooking. They don't hire kids to cook, just to serve the tables when the orders are ready. My server had a smile on her face and was very attentive to me. I even had a Classic Root Beer Float. YUMMM!

I enjoyed my lunch and went back to work with a smile. They surely deserve a thumbs up. A & W is the best chain restaurant. It's been around for a long long time since the 50's at least. Everyone goes to A &W and they are busy every day.

Just thought people would like to know not all A&W are the same. Mine doesn't have hot dogs, for example. They serve real beef burgers and fish.

• AerosmithandQueen Aug 30, 2011

You need to put more info here.

• Al
    albertabound Jan 09, 2011

I agree with the guy that started this post. I went to the one in Airdrie alberta canada and i paid 35.00 for a meal that should have been 15.00. The chicken burger was 9.00 and it was a bun and chicken and lettace with mayo...the onion rings were burnt and the drinks were soooo small. A&W sucks, mcdonlds is much better then this place. Everyone else shut the hell up and just read the post not insult. Just cause your losers and need to feel better about yourself by insulting someone, shows how poorly you feel about yourself.

• Ki
    kimray Nov 13, 2009

found hair on my mama burger EMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Av
    averagecustomer Aug 10, 2009

But that has always been A & W's trademark as in for A&W Root Beer. They do that everywhere as their own gimmick. If they poured every soda in an iced glass then they would be performing a task that any other chain restaurant could copy without worrying of infringement upon their business practices. Next time, order the root beer too... BTW, I don't like or dislike rootbeer or A &W, just trying to explain the practice is all...

• Ne
    new-customer10290 Aug 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I took a visist to the local A&W on Belknap for a late lunch.I had ordered a combo sandwich aswell did my boyfriened.He ordered a root beer as a beverage with his, but I ordered a orange soda.When our orderes had arrived, his came in a chilled glass but mine was given in a cardboard cup.When I asked the waitress why my drink was not served in a mug and if I could get my drink served that way, she simply replied "I don't know. We don't do that here, so you can't". I was suprised and felt not listened to because after her comment, she just left our table and I was highly unsatisfied.I don't think that is fair that not every soda drink served in the restaurant is that way.I felt left out of the experience and for a first time customer there, I don't think I want to go back knowing that I'm not going to get a clear glasss mug and no true answer as to why.

dian rondeau Jul 28, 2009

To the ownner of a. W restaurants,
    Yes july 26th 2009 was at the stoe in chilliwack b. C
    Ordered 2 milkshakes 1 choclate, 1 stawberry, the choclate burned my thoart. My sister had stawberrynd it was just auffal, phoned the aw and the manager said they had just found out an hour
    Ago, that it was bad. I told her i was just there 20min. Ago. Well i got sick all night and my sister had a sore thoard. Mean while no one phoned to ask either of us to see how we were. I went to my dr. The 27th and i had a very raw thoart now i fell at least the manager name dale should have at least phoned us not offer us a free milk shake on wed. The 28th till machine was fixed. I still have both milkshakes. I don, t belive that this should have happend. You should look after your vaiud
    Costomers, and not treat people so badly i could
    Have died and my sister to please choose your manager better manners. I will not be back and i will keep intouch with my dr. Thank you

Dian rondeau,
    Betty ann myers

• DarkHottie Jul 20, 2009

"This tread may have been long-running but is not the Squig's fault. The posts have gone off-topic and back."

Hear hear. I most recently posted this in a completely different forum: "If you don't want the thread to continue, there is a simple solution. Stop posting! :P"

People are so funny. Threads continue because you post to complain that the thread has continued. Dur. LMAO! = P

• De
    dedoughboy Jul 17, 2009

I've always enjoyed the root beer, but the food is fried in oil and full of fats. i recently learned that the company has been out sourced and it's no even an american owned firm here. I think the quaility has degraded since i was a kid growing up on coney dogs...

• Si
    SiffersEdge Jul 16, 2009

wow, Its been years since I remember that place. I guess they are still going strong. If there was a finger in the chili, it was probably mreeds. I would hate to find out what could happen if Lorina Bobbott dined at LOngJOhnSilver. hmmm

as always nonnie your posts are always stimulating.

mrsquigles Jul 12, 2009

Perhaps I should take it easy on them. They appear to be new to the site. How can I blame them for running amok? Have we not all done the same?

mrsquigles Jul 11, 2009

Take your thumbs out of your ### and use that hand to click through some of the other comments on this thread. You'll see that I've gone weeks without commenting here. I've also recommended other places to eat in Blanding. In short - shut the ### up cause you don't know ###.

mrsquigles Jul 11, 2009

You consider that "still ### after three months" how?

mrsquigles Jul 11, 2009

I've moved on, ###s. When people comment I respond.

• Re
    Really? Jul 11, 2009

Seriously Mrsquigles you need to move on. We get it ...the service and hot dog were bad...Call CNN.

• Dl
    dlakers Jul 11, 2009

3 months later and he is still ### about A&W...LOL

• DarkHottie Jul 10, 2009

You are a smart woman Stellar. ;)

mrsquigles Jul 09, 2009

I usually get good service, too. Previous to this visit I had never had a problem with any other A&W.

• timduncan86 Jul 09, 2009

this complaint is very valid. It seems that small town places are always the worst. Personally, I've always had good service at A&W but thanks for the heads up.

mrsquigles Jul 09, 2009

"Am I correct in assuming that the people you had to deal with at A&W were children / young adults?"

You are very correct in assuming that. Sophomores or juniors in high school if I had to guess.

missstellar2000 Jul 09, 2009

OMG! Too Funny people. Boy did things get out of hand. I agree with the fact that if you get crappy service and crappy food you have every right to complain. I used to work for Mc D's for a few years many years ago and if something wasnt right it was our job to make it right. Am I correct in assuming that the people you had to deal with at A&W were children / young adults? Kids now a days don't have good work ethics. They don't care. They have no ambition. I see it all the time in todays youth. It's sad but it is what it is.
    Hopefully if you have children that you teach them good work ethics. You have to earn your money. I almost never leave a tip becuase I have expectations of good service and cleanliness. Not just in fastfood places but everywhere. I work hard for my money and I deserve my wages.
    Take care.
    MISSSTELLAR

michellemango Jul 08, 2009

Can't these god damn fast food places have a decent group of employee's? Just because it's fast food, doesn't mean you should get crappy service!

diemydarling Jul 06, 2009

On second thought, I would love that. In fact, I would tell you to make a complaint right on this site, so I could publicly inform you that you need to find better ways of feeling important in life than trying to get minimum wage workers fired. I guess exactly in the way I just did...

diemydarling Jul 06, 2009

NonnieMouse,

You would *complain* about me... oh no!, that frightens me so much! That's exactly the kind of attitude I'm talking about. It's all about you and your service and blah blah blah... guess what, when I served a 50 people a day, it's pretty much a statistical probability that a few of them won't be perfect. It's only a huge deal when that statistic decides that because of their minority case, that waiter is an all around terrible person. The ego is a nasty thing.

• DarkHottie Jul 06, 2009

Hi MrSquigles. It's nice to see you posting again. I'm so glad I posted on your wiener complaint.

By the way . . Squigles is the King!

mrsquigles Jul 02, 2009

Great story, diemy.

SuperVepr Jul 02, 2009

I am no fan of the "2-liter" experience. While economical, the fizz factor is lost in the translation.

diemydarling Jul 02, 2009

The world doesn't stop and immediately begin revolving around you the second you step into a restaurant. It's one thing to complain, but to make it sound like everyone there had some sort of deliberate plot against you to ruin your day is kind of ridiculous. In fact, it sounds like a bit of why you are so upset is because they didn't all drop to their knees and kiss your butt for giving them the pleasure of serving you a hot dog. I worked at a small diner.. and it's pretty boring... the only people who were good at being the kind of service staff people like were the career waiters. The rest of us had more important things to worry about like our classes, lives, etc..

Mikenutz Jul 02, 2009

Didnt provide svc.

SuperVepr Jul 02, 2009

I would say one of the best I have dined upon was in Georgia at a place called Whattaburger. The dogs there were fantastic. The place was a hole in the wall joint but it was packed with happy customers.

SuperVepr Jul 02, 2009

I am the SuperVepr (with fizz!)

Comments

SuperVepr Jul 02, 2009

The Lowcountry of South Cackalacky. I apologize for the Pepsi but I find the diet version tastes better than Co-cola as we call it. I generally just drink water and gatorade but a dog washes down better with fizz.

• Jb
    [email protected]# Jul 01, 2009

I hear what you're saying. You're best revenge is to not spend your money there again. Whenever I get crappy service or food, I don't complain. I never come back!!

mrsquigles Jul 01, 2009

Look what a week and a half away from this thread can do. Down to number 8.

mrsquigles Jul 01, 2009

Here comes the Hofstetter, murderer!

• Ho
    Hofstetter Jul 01, 2009

in Denver its Steve's snappin dogs...mmmmmm

SuperVepr Jul 01, 2009

*Update* I did, in fact, have the ex-long chili/cheese dog today and it was delicious. I enjoyed it will a medium crinkle-fry and washed it down with a 32-oz diet Pepsi. MMMMMMMMMM!

SuperVepr Jul 01, 2009

In fact, I think I am going to have one today for lunch (with chili and cheese).

SuperVepr Jul 01, 2009

We have a chain here in the South called Ye Old Fashioned. They make a wicked dog.