Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized subscription

I was charged for $9.99 per month for some RingNRock service which I never heard of. Tried to contact them by email/number and cannot reach anyone.

• Si
    Sidetrack28 Feb 16, 2010

Contact your State Attorney General's office. They are great with this stuff!!

• Co
    Contact40 Feb 16, 2010

Willing to bet someone using your phone probably texted a number they saw on a commercial to get free ringtones. They send you one for free, but the fine print on the television says that it automatically enrolls you in a monthly subscription.

I went to www.ringnrock.com and found at the bottom of the page is says "RingNRock Club subscribers may cancel by texting STOP to 72825." Try that, and see if it works.

Charged me $9.99 sub. without my consent

I checked my cell phone bill that was higher than normal. I had been charged $9.99 from media breakaway rock n roll. I called my cell phone carrier to inform them of this mishaps and that I did not subscribe to this company. Thank goodness they reimbursed me my money but if you dont reply stop to the number then they will charge you monthly $9.99. This company popped up out of no where, never have I heard of them before. Carriers need to be aware if this companies name is on a bill to ignore it because it is a scam. My carrier gave me the direct number to the company only for me to call and all the transfers were automated. It wouldnt let me speak to anyone, not even customer service. When being transferred to them it asks that you email them. What kind of mess is that??? The people over this scam need to be found and arrested for fraud!!!

• Gr
    Grrness Dec 31, 2009

my phone has been charged the past 3 months $9.99 for usage by "Media Breakaway." I would like to get a refund for that, and for the company to be shut down!

Fraudulent charge for a subscription never entered

I incurred a charge for $9.99 for rock n ring services from Media Breakaway, LLC that was never entered. when i enquired about the charge at Sprint.com I was NOT told anything about this scam/phish company that preys on social networks and gleans phone numbers and then bills them through their cell phone company for items never requested. Right now i have asked Sprint to dispute this charge and placed the blame directly on them for allowing this company to bill through their own billing services. We'll just have to see what comes of this...Caveat Emptor..and this includes the practices through Sprint.com if they are enablers

Unsolicited subscription

An unusual charge appeared on my cell phone bill. When I inquired about it, they said it was from some company called Media Breakaway. I've never heard of this company nor have I ever subscribed to anything, yet somehow I was charged for a subscription for ring tones from them. Upon further investigation, it turns out that this company has been sued for millions regarding scams and even refers to its CEO as Steve "the Scam King." Comsumers beware!! I was able to remove the $9.99 charge, but there's no way to contact them through their phone system. Get your mobile company to remove it and block them for you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices