AT&T Universal Credit Cardcredit card

J

Here is a letter I sent to my credit card company after attempting to resolve the matter with Hotels.com with no success.

To Whom it may concern:

Attached please find the signed letter regarding my dispute of the Hotels.com charge dated, March 10, 2017. You will also find an additional attachment as a supporting document that Hotels.com fraudulently over-charged my credit card.

When I originally made my reservation at Hotels.com, I elected the hotel based on its eligibility to redeem Hotels.com rewards. In fact, when I completed my reservation after applying the reward, the confirmation stated that all I owed were the taxes for $27.21. In April, when I reviewed my AT&T Universal Card billing statement, I was surprised to see that I was charged $222.66. I thought it would be an easy fix by calling Hotels.com directly. After multiple attempts and my complaint falling on deaf ears, I decided to file this claim. Hotels.com promised to escalate my claim and that someone would call me back within 48 hours. Each time I spent over an hour on the phone explaining the issue and was transferred various times only to get the same response, my reward expired and they couldn't do anything about it. After I insisted on a resolution, I was promised a call back. The call never came. This didn't just happen once, it happened multiple times.

The reason given by Hotels.com is that they claim that my reward expired. Please note the attachment which referenced the date of expiration. Yes, the reward expired on March 20th, however, my reservation was not only made before that date, my stay was completed before that expiration date as well.

They also claim that I was not logged into my account. I have to disagree. I was most definitely logged into my account, which is the only way I was able to "apply" my reward at the payment screen. Following the payment screen, the next screen calculated the balance due for $27.21. Clearly, something happened from the time I completed my reservation and the time they processed whatever they needed to on their end. Ultimately, this is not a result of anything I did wrong.

Hotels.com has been difficult to deal with. The bottom line here is that I earned the reward, I applied the reward to my reservation and Hotels.com did something to remove that reward from my reservation. Now, I don't know if they did this on purpose or not. However, at the end of the day I am paying for something that I am not responsible for.

Neither Credit Card company and Hotels.com have resolved this matter.