AT&T Universal Cardcard cancelled for no reason!

H

As a former employee of AT&T, I was guaranteed the use of my AT&T Universal Card for life with no annual fee. They have recently cancelled this card with the excuse that it is because I live overseas. I have lived overseas for over 16 years and have been using this card with no problems until now.

I want to know why they can suddenly decide not to honor their guarantee of a card for life with no annual fee.

• Lu
    Lucknow Mar 25, 2008

The company advertises that a customer would get 10% of ATT services charged to this card which is false and misleading. They pay you this reward only if you use the card to pay other businesses.

• Pa
    Pat Aug 18, 2008

I went to make my online payment..My minimum payment was increased over $100 mnth.

There is no explanation why. I have not used the card. I have not been late on a payment.

How can I afford an increase like that?

• Bi
    Bill Lewis Oct 30, 2009

I also am a former AT&T employee, and I've carried the AT&T Universal Card since 1992. When I received the card, I was also guaranteed 'no annual fee for life'. Imagine my surprise when I recently received a notice telling me I would be charged a $30 annual fee beginning in September, 2010. When I called the card issuer, Citibank (South Dakota) to complain, they arrogantly told me the terms of use agreement states they have the right to amend or change any portion of the agreement at their discretion. When I said, "So, 'no annual fee for life' doesn't really mean no annual fee for life, it means 'no annual fee for life until we decide to change our minds', the indifferent rep and his supervisor both continued to refer me back to the terms of use agreement. I'll check with an attorney to see if I have any legal recourse, but in the meantime, I'll be cancelling my card. They recently cut my credit line in half, raised my APR to 20%, and now they want to charge me an annual fee. AT&T and Citibank have my permission to stick my card where the sun don't shine!

• Ro
    robert lunn Feb 09, 2015

red pocket did not credit card the first of the mouth so what red pocket shut my phone an told me to resend my card again so now my sim card is denied access because they give me the not right to many times codes to access the sim card so my service phone number [protected] do have to switch to another company thank you robert