Having problems with AT&T?

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

Complaints & Reviews

inadequate wireless billing resolution (ticket# cm [protected]-[protected])

I noticed in late June my July 2018 wireless billing statement an unusual increase in charges (doubled amount) and made an inquiry to AT&T customer support. I was informed by the AT&T representative that it appears the charges were from an overseas call through a third party application on my wireless phone. I acknowledged that I do have the third party application (What's App) on my phone and have used it to place IP based calls to a family member overseas on several occasions and provided the dates and times to the representative. Following a 12+ month history review of my cell calls, the representative was able to confirm I had placed calls of like nature before overseas and had not had the charges appear as a standard international call using the AT&T service since the calls were via my ISP. A customer incident ticket was generated (CM [protected]-[protected]) to review and resolve the charge which was made in error since I was using my ISP's service to make the call.

July's bill was paid minus the (errant amount) as I awaited resolution to overcharge issue. I placed a call in Late July with no resolution and again on August 4th where I was hung up on by an overseas ATT&T representative. I immediately began a chat session (attached) with Yury where I was assured this would be resolved and in good faith scheduled a payment 16 days out in order to cancel when the issue was resolved and schedule a normal payment. Following up August 11th on the status a week later, I called and was again disconnected and again established a chat session (attached) with AT&T representative Mary (overseas rep). I could not hear Mary at first because of the loud conversations and sports gaming (Like bets being placed) noise in her background. Eventually we were able to speak and I was informed first it was approved then it was declined and Mary excused herself and transferred me to her supervisor Aubrey which had the same loud background noise. Aubrey reviewed the history and noted that the request needed a higher level of approval and asked for a number to call me directly. I gave her my LAN line number but she was unable to get through so I gave her my AT&T cell number (redacted/deleted from text) and she responded that she could still not get through which was baffling. AT&T can't reach their provided AT&T number through their AT&T service? Aubrey then push the conversation over to the general customer service number which I called earlier and disconnected the chat.

On August 15th I called and spoke with AT&T representative Carlos and there was no change in the status and as an AT&T loyalty reward, credited my account $50.00 with the anticipation the matter would be resolved in the coming week which was appreciated. On August 20th with no response in two months and total loss in confidence in AT&T's commitment to resolve this matter without further damage to my credit rating, I transferred my service to another service provider while awaiting some resolution to my dispute. Today after viewing an email from AT&T requesting payment, I called and spoke with AT&T representative Mick and was informed the request was rejected and the only explanation cited was for invalid data. I asked on what basis was the data invalid and what was needed to make it a valid submission. Also, why was I not informed on the 11th this was rejected? AT&T rep Mick responded that the entry was made to inform me but the individual making the entry did not include any of my contact numbers.

Rep Mick was unable to clarify further to the other questions but also noted an additional prorated charge for additional monies after I had discontinued service prior to the new billing cycle. Mick mentioned that the billing cycle was from the 5th of the current month into the 4th of the next month at which I could not understand why I had previously been charged with a late payment fee at the beginning of last year when the payment due for the billing cycle had changed. Being more disgusted with the entire situation, I thanked Mick for his assistance and verified this was the final bill I would receive from AT&T and hung up.

After nearly 18 years with AT&T I find this incident very disturbing and in my opinion unethical in practice. I would like these erroneous charges removed to include the late charge and the report updated to the three credit reporting agencies removing any negative reports from AT&T.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lee Sias

AT&T

cell phone roaming

Prior to travelling to Europe last month I called customer service and agreed to a plan called "Passport" for a charge of $60 to minimize my roaming cost. I received a bill for $300 for roaming charges and the Passport was never applied.

I called for help. First time the customer service agent spent over an hour trying to find someone who could credit my account. She finally told me she had someone on the line who would handle it. This person said there was nothing she could do. I asked for her supervisor, she said "in a meeting". I asked for a callback and it never happened. 1.3 hours on phone. After 3 days I called again, went through the same thing, was promised connection to a supervisor and ended up with someone who was not a supervisor and who needed all my information again. This happened 3 times in a row, 3rd time I was disconnected without ever speaking to a supervisor. 1.3 hours on phone again, Worst customer service ever, been with then 30 years but switching to T-Mobile.

direct tv

I tried to handle this on a chat line with Steve three days ago and thought it was resolved. DirectTV had...

wireless

I planned to leave the country in a day, so I contacted an AT&T support service to cancel all my plans at the end of the current billing period, which would be in 5 days. I was assured everything is settled. However, I haven't got any post call mail notifications or any emails proving the service would be cancelled.

After a week I checked myAT&T and saw that a new billing period started, and all services are still on. I had to call them again, I was told that the service was scheduled to be cancelled next month and a new bill will be generated and sent to me. They cancelled the service the same day, but couldn't stop the bill. I was advised to call them back (3rd time!) when I will receive the bill and TRY to do something with that bill.

directv

After so many years with DirecTV it may be time to leave. Love the service, but I sincerely believe AT&T/DirecTV management is just cheap. Your customer service is great, when you can get them. But, waiting over 30 minutes is just stupid and crazy. Hope you all get it together one day, as I am just leaving everything AT&T. Great service. HORRIBLE and embarrassing customer service. If this was my company, a few management people would be terminated.

landline service

Your customer service in nonexistent. You should not be allowed to provide services that require you to interact with people if you are not going to make sure that HUMAN BEINGS are available to address our concerns. Three months ago, I paid AT & T $100 to install a new jack to a newly renovated bedroom and it is defective. This phone jack is the main jack for my home land line; if it doesn't work, none of the phones works. I have made several unsuccessful attempts to contact Customer Service at AT & T. I have been rerouted several times to a closed loop automated system that cannot address my problem. In the mean time, I have not been able to schedule someone to come to my home and repair the jack. And I have been paying for a phone service that I have not been getting. This is UNACCEPTABLE! I finally waiting for a technician to come to my home to repair the line. I have no idea when he will arrive. So I have to cancel all of my errands for this morning while I wait for him to get here.

financial differences concerning programming cost

At&t u verse and bein sports are at odds over programming cost and as result at&t u verse has stopped...

high billing for my wireless phones

I contacted an AT&T service representative, via a phone call, and signed up AT&T services which included two...

por customer service knowledge of product

I called be having one of my channels been cancelled the lady remove a package that I had called the next day...

at&t small business phone lines

I manage an apartment community with 14 phone lines. In October, our services were cut off because payment...

tv, internet & home phone interruptions

My name is Ronnie Oliver

Account # [protected]
Phone Number [protected]
The following is a List of TV Interruptions

August 20, 2018 at 9:10 am and 4:30 pm lasting for about 5 minutes .
August 22, 2018 at 11:47 am lasting about 8 minutes.
August 23, 2018 at 8:27 am, 12:07 pm, 3:45 pm &11:15 pm lasting about 10 minutes. August 25, 2018 at 2:22 pm, 2:26 pm &2:40 pm lasting about 5 minutes.
September 2, 2018 Internet, Home Phone & TV were out from 4:20 pm till 12 noon September 3, 2018 (Labor Day) lasting 8 hrs
September 3, 2018 Internet, Home Phone & TV were out from 1:30 pm--7:48 pm
lasting 6 hrs. I called at&t uverse

September 4th several times but, there were long waiting times each time I called because of the Holiday. I called again today September 5th around 8:15 only to be told they could not issue a Service Credit because, Technical Support could not confirm my Service Interruptions Times & Dates. My wife and I were very upset that all our services went out at the same time for so long (14 hrs Totaled) from 9/2/2018---9/3/2018. Also, for the 14 hrs my TV was out the message said AT&T Uverse was not available and to try again later or keep trying to "Restart" which I did until it came back on 9/3/2018 at 7:pm. I have been with AT&T for about 5 years now and this is the second time that I have had this type of problem. They did give me a Service Credit then but, now it seems I was the only one that experienced this and/ or I'm making this all up.

tv service cable

7/11/2018 Request new service by internet as the pack price will not be for queens, cancel. Follow a new...

land line service

In June, 2018 I tried to end the service for phone number [protected]. I was told that the bill had not been paid. I had not received the bill as it was being sent to an email address that I did not have access and I could not access the My account and neither could the customer service person helping me at the time. He said that the bill would be sent to my home address in the mail. But this did not happen so the next time I called and was told that I had not paid the bill, I said I would love to pay the bill but you are not sending the bill to my home as you said you would. I paid the bill up to date at that time using a credit card. I also ask that account be closed and I was told it was closed. The next call was a repeat of the above and the result were the same. Finally I paid the bill online with a credit card so the balance was zero and the account could be closed. But quess what? It is not close but the bill did come to my home address but I do not wish to continue to pay for a service that I am not getting. I do not wish to pay charges that occur becuase your company does not follow up by closing the account. How do I close the account? Why can you not do what you say you will do?

reconnecting cancel service

Due to the Executive Office Manager (Shannon White) I canceled all my service in June 2018. Due to medical...

horrible customer service

After spending 4+ hours calling AT&T and my bank over a charge back of $160, I called in again on 8/30/18 at 3:10 ET to try and locate the source of the problem. I got on the phone with Rodrigo Godoy #RG5947 out of the Salt Lake City call center. Mr. Godoy was beyond reprehensible in how he handled my request. He engaged me like I was clueless and stupid. I told him the reason for my call. He asked "what bill period is it for". I responded with not being sure which statement the charge back was applied to. I've been told by at least 5 different employees something completely different every time I've called in the past week and a half. I expressed my frustration. He responded very inappropriately with "well you don't even know what bill its applied to, what do you want me to do?" I said 'excuse me". He repeated himself. I said "I'm not sure, this is all confusing, that's why I'm calling. Look it up". After he was continually rude I asked to speak to his manager. He wouldn't transfer me. He just kept telling me no. I asked for his name. He said that he already gave me that info. I asked for his employee number and he pretended not to have one. I told him I hope these calls are recorded because I can and will complain. He said 'I hope you do." This person does not belong in any of your call centers. The customer service department is a nightmare to contact in the 1st place. Mr. Godoy provided absolutely 100% 0 assistance in what I needed solved. This remind you is after I've spent 4+ hours on the phone with your company trying to resolve my issue. I know no one's perfect, but the complete lack of effort and the total disrespect I felt from Rodrigo is inexcusable. I pay your company too much money every month to be treated like that. I hope this matter is resolved appropriately. I've never made a formal complaint in my life. I usually just move on with my day. This guy is the worst rep I've ever talked to at any call center. EVER.

at&t wireless

WILLIAM SIROIS [protected] [protected]@outlook.com AT&T For over 3 weeks now I have not been able to view my...

cell phone customer service.

Tried to change my cell to a new number. Followed prompts online, said new number was available. Got email...

Sellersville Mobile & Cell Phones

lied over the phone, broke agreement, erroneous charges

I was told that my installation fee would be waived because of a past dispute with AT&T that was resolved...

wireless bundle

At&t hooked us with a bundle of two phones and Uverse tv service at a discounted price and a gift card for $300.
$300 never came.
Discounts never properly get applied. Always get huge bills sent out to us.
And the customer service is the worst. They talk sweet and all but no actual or meaningful resolution comes out of anything. No one has any knowledge. One connects to customer service, then it gets transferred to direct tv, then uverse, then reward center, then customer relations, and after several hours of this painful process everything repeats.
You finally give up.
Sucks to be an AT&T customer. Feels like an idiot to get scammed by a big company.

• Ol
    Olathe KS Aug 29, 2018

AT&T set up a Uverse account for our business which did not work at all. Called to get fixed within a week of service but they unsuccessful destroyed the phone line in our phone line in the process. Closed account but still got a bill for one month of service plus an installation fee. What kind of practice is this? who should I contact to get this resolved.

Please help

billing and specials that are not honored

I signed up with AT&T / Directv there was a special to get $200.00 if you keep there services, But I wa...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices