Having problems with AT&T?

AT&T Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 288 2020 (Customer Service)
+1 888 333 6651 (Order New Wireless Service)
+1 877 782 8870 (Check Wireless Order Status)
+1 314 925 6925 (Support For Travel Abroad)
+1 800 901 9878 (AT&T PrepaidSM)
+1 844 827 7057 (Order New U-Verse TV Service)
+1 866 861 6075 (Order New Digital Phone Service)
+1 800 331 0500 (Wireless Customer Service)
+1 866 294 3464 (ConnecTech PaidTechnical Support)
+1 866 435 3264 (Dial-Up Billing & Payments)
+1 877 990 0041 (Order New Fixed Wireless Internet Service English)
+1 866 975 0050 (AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone)
+1 855 288 2727 (Digital Life)
575 Morosgo Dr., NE Rm 14f67
Atlanta, Georgia
United States - 30324-3300

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AT&T Customer Service. Initial AT&T complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AT&T above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AT&T. Discuss the issues you have had with AT&T and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AT&T Complaints & Reviews

AT & Tbilling quotes and misleading information

Three times (each of the last 3 months), I have spoken to someone at ATT to review my bill and make changes to reduce my expense. Each time I am greeted with what appears to be a competent person. I have learned it is important to ask very detailed questions regarding "additional" fees to their quotes. They neglect to factor in taxes, administrative and "extra" fees when providing a quote. The first month, I made change based on "$100 per month for three devices". Then, I received my bill which exceeded $200, nowhere close to $100 per month.

This morning, I spent almost 30 minutes on the phone with a rep who walked with me through my bill, line item by line item. I had done the same with Verizon and could offer their comparitive pricing, line by line rolling up to a final cost, including all taxes and fees. After all of this, the rep could offer no reason why Verizon was offering a much lower program. So, he transferred me to another number. I ended up on hold and then was advised via message, there were no call agents because they are not available until 8 am California time. Excuse me! The whole country does not live on California time. I am so frustrated! After being an AT&T customer for 30 years I have just about had it! One last call to get a competitive bid on my service and, if I don't get it, I am gone.

AT&Ttechnical support to fix my cable.

Call was placed on Friday 21 June for repairs. None of the tv work in my home. They have me opening for Tuesday 25 June ( 5 day repair window). I was told that they will fix line from outside and my tv will work. Did not happen. June 25 Tuesday appointment was 10 am to noon. Got text 11:38 am that they cannot make noon. If I wanted to keep or re-schedule. I took a day off from work and I said keep. Called again to get tech. Window and Call center could not help. Got call at 1:19 pm from someone asking me if I wanted to re-schedule or keep. I told them the same thing. He said that techs. Could be in by 8 pm. He could not give me window and said that he will try for priority and call back. Now is 3 pm and still no tech and no call. Your repair service is a joke. Have been loyal customer for 20 year. Six cell, internet, home phone and u-verse. $1000 per month customer. Please help

AT&Temail service

My email was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. I had email addresses on my PC, Ipad, & Fire tablet and I could switch between my two email address without problems. Now, I have lost one email account and cannot get both addresses together on my browser, I am using Microsoft Edge because of the email features but I also have email accounts on Internet explorer. Neither browser will work with both of me email account. Likewise, My Ipad and fire tablet have the same problem. I have tried to contact ATT customer service via chat line and was told they would call me back. We agreed on a time of day and the day. I waited for hours but no call back. I talked to another agent and his accent was so bad I could not understand him. I have a hearing defect which makes talking on the phone difficult. I have tried all of the help sites for att and nothing works. Today, I talked to another Att tech and was told that the problem I was experiencing was a problem with att software!!! WHY DON'T you tell people about things like that??? I have been a att customer for a long time but this kind of action will not keep a customer especially with the better deal from Spectrum!

R. Lewis
      email: [protected]@att.net (if it is working)
      Phone: [protected]
      Account # [protected]

AT&Tbilling

AT&T has proven once again that they Hate old people and the disabled. Also they jacked the prices without notifying me of the price raise in violation of their own policy and FCC rules. I plan to switch to Spectrum as most my friends have due the the AT&T bullies. They want me to pay $191.66 in advance for a service I had to change due to their rip-off. They said it would adjust back to Basic charge after I pay for what I don't have. They are very rude on the phone, and act like they never finshed school. While on the phone they said they are getting a lot of complaints about this. I can't trust AT&T even for their deals. I even got rid of my AT&T cell phone --- $40. plus tax w/8 G .I changed to a service for $28. every two months that has plenty of Gigs and better service, Again AT&T Hates elderly disable people. I've been with AT&T for years. Acct # [protected]. AT&T is trending on Social Media as the worst and Rudest service.

ATTatt customer service a madhouse

AT&T is the worst company I have ever dealt with with regards to customer service.

On June 13 or 14, 2019, I requested DirectTV service from them; I just recently moved into this place and initially I just ordered Internet and a land line. A service call was scheduled for a technician to come by to put up the dish on Saturday, June 15. However, he was unable to do the work because of some issue with the ladder, and advised me that his supervisor or 'someone' would call me Monday or Tuesday (6/17 or 6/18) to come by. Seeing that no one had called me, on Wednesday I contacted at&t to inquire. After a long time on the phone, I was informed my order had been cancelled and that I would need to place a new order.

I told the rep I did not want to place a new order because it had taken me a long time the previous week to unfreeze my credit information, which I have on a freeze, for them to check it, that I had unfrozen it for 24 hours when I initially placed the order for the dish to give at&t access and that now it was frozen again, that they had cancelled my order on their own without informing me and that I wanted them to look for it and reactivate it and have a technician return.

This call took 4 hours and 40 minutes, as shown on my phone. I would be shuffled from one person to another, there was a lot of static and background noise and it was hard to understand them. After explaining the whole thing to one person and the person working on it (without results), I would be transferred to another person who would ask me how he could help me, completely ignorant of the fact that I had already spent maybe an hour with someone else explaining the problem. They actually don't know what is going on, it's total madness and the whole system is a mess.

After the 4 hours and 40 minutes, someone informed me I would not need to place a new order and that a technician would come by the next day (6/20) between 8 and 12 to install the dish. In the morning I called again to find out the status and they told me the technician would be by. Close to 2 pm no one had shown up so I called again and after much back and forth I was told the new order had been cancelled, no one being able to provide a reason. They again told me I would need to place a new order and have my credit information checked. I again told them they had already checked my credit the prior week. There were several other calls back and forth and nothing was resolved.

I do not want anything from AT&T. I just don't want to ever deal with them again. My only interest is that this message be published in some customers' review site so that other people know what a disaster of a company it is.

Thank you.

AT&Tdirect tv, u verse internet, and a land line that i've had for 30 years. packaged service for $89.99 month that i'm not getting!

AT&T called us repeatedly to sell us a packaged set of services. We finally accepted a package for 3 services for $89.99 per month. Direct TV, U-Verse internet & phone with unlimited long distance. I got Direct TV, U-verse internet for $89 per month, and I;m still paying $54 a month for my landline, that we have had for 30 years. I've made 7 calls in the last 3 weeks, with each one lasting at least 3 hours. Talked to Direct TV, AT&T combined billing, loyalty department, U-verse regarding the phone service. Telecom regarding my landline, to no avail. You should have never sold me a package that you could not honor. I've talked to so many people and been switched to so many departments I am just, stunned that you would treat me this way. You offered 3 services for $89.99 a month and I expect you to honor that what ever it takes. I'm tired of not getting anywhere with your glorious company. Fix this or come and take your equipment out of my house and shove the $450 Direct TV disconnect charge. When I talked to Direct TV, they said that they would have a collection agency get their money instead of just taking care of the problem you collectively created. Nobody seems to want to fix this so I can do it easily. Take care of this problem or we are gone. Never been treated like this by any company. We are home most all day. Can't believe it has to come this far!
            Timothy Foster
            136 9th St.
            Silvis, IL 61282
            [protected]

AT&Tno service where I need it most!

I work at ut health hospital in pittsburg texas as a security officer. It is essential that I have a phone and service that I can rely on. Much of my work is done via my cell phone. I spend my entire work week, frustrated because I have absolutely no service inside the facility, or, on occasion, when I do get service, it comes and goes almost at a machine gun pace. Other employees, who are with at&t have the same issue, but others, such as verizon customers, have no problem at all! I have a apple 8plus, and my # is [protected]. My wife and I have been customers of yours for years. We have our phones, internet and tv through at&t. Can you please take care of some of your loyal customers?!

AT&Twireless - directv

My wife and I have been on board with AT&T since U-Verse. This includes WiFi, 2 cell phones, 3 tablets, long distance, and landline. In the past five years, I have complained a number of times and have been so discouraged that I have stopped trying. Tech support is a joke - from low/no pay interns to inept phone reps, no one can accurately diagnose a problem because it might fix something. Plus, they ignore all I tell them I have done to resolve a problem, only to make me go through the nonsense again.

My Direct TV is hardly visible for 30% of the time due to static. My WiFi cuts out about once every half hour or forty-five minutes for two to five minutes. Not only is this annoying, but I have had to return two FitBit watches because the wireless would not stay on long enough to be able to download upgrades to the FitBit software.

New customers get purchase incentives when folks like me who have been around for so long and have endured all the crap get nothing but more headaches.

Then, the purchase format now being used where the customer is always in a state of payment - and no trade-ins - makes me feel like I'm just asking AT&T to steal from me.

Trying to go into an AT&T store is a whole other nightmare. From poorly managed to not answering phones pushed me to find a franchise store. There, at least I find some folks who do care about customers.

Believe me, I am trying desperately to find an alternative to AT&T. Eventually, I will even if it means ditching the all eggs in one basket system that makes me feel like I am drowning. Oh, and by the way, I have also written complaints before and, you guessed it, they were ignored.

Jun 12, 2019

ATT Directv — directv

If you're not committed to hbo, i'd recommend using dish network. (dumbest thing dish ever did was getting...

Jun 08, 2019

AT&T — false advertising

On May 24, 2019 at 5:44pm I put in an online order for two new lines of service along with two new IPhone...

AT&T / Directvvisa card promotion

We switched from Prism to Direct TV. Direct TV was offering a $300 Visa card to switch. Since we had AT&T phone service we went into the AT&T store to see what they would offer to bundle the Diret TV. They said their promotion was $200 but they would honor the Direct TV offer of $300 to switch.
                  They said it would take 6 weeks to get.
                  After 10 weeks we contacted AT&T to see where the VISA card was. They said the store input the info wrong and they wouyld only give us the $200 card per the AT&T promotion.
                  It has been many weeks now and still no VISA card in any amount.
                  This is definately a bait and switch promise - don't fall for any AT&T promotions!!!

ATTunethical behaviour

I called to set up services and was told that I could not do to a past due bill. I was told they saw one past due balance of almost 100 dollars. I paid the bill and then got the run around for three days. When I spoke to another rep. I was told that there was another bill found over 300 dollars. Instead of telling me about both accounts they lied so that I would pay one and still not give me service. I was then told i would have to pay that bill before service. Just one big run around and no honesty. I should have been told up front about both bills, not one and then the other.

May 30, 2019

AT&T — customer service

5/30/19 today I tried to port my phone number to Verizon, after leaving at&t less than a month ago. Inside of...

AT&TDirectv

I called Direct TV to TRANSFER our service from Stockton to our vacation home in Volcano. This would entail cancelling our service at the vacation home (which did not have a DVR). We wanted to take the DVR with us and connect it to our Direct TV service at our vacation home. I was told this was possible. BUT when we tried to hook it all up, NOTHING. A technician had to come--and he said the service in Stockton had been CANCELLED--and all my prerecorded movies/TV shows had been lost. At no time did I tell AT&T to cancel that service--we only wanted to TRANSFER IT. Now I get an ad in the mail asking us to come back to Direct TV. WE NEVER LEFT!!! There's an offer for $35/mo to come back to AT&T. Since you were so dumb as to cancel that service and goof up my DVR, you might want to give us this rate for awhile. We aren't really happy with Direct TV (it's WAY too expensive), but it's better than cable :-(

Wayne & Cheri Peterson
                      22270 Copper Court
                      Volcano, CA 95689
                      [protected]@sbcglobal.net

AT&Tbundle pkg directv, home phone and internet

In approx the 1st wk of March, I spoke with a young lady to get all 3 services in a bundle. The monthly price quoted was $118.00. On March 13 my installation was supposed to take place between 8 and 12. At 8 am a direct tv van pulled up in front of the house. He set out his cones, got in van and was talking on his phone. 15 min later he got out picked up cones and drove off. A few minutes later I got a phone call saying someone was on there way.A young man from At &t arrived and set up internet and phone. When i inquired about Tv (direct Tv) he said someone else will be setting that up. 2pm rolled around still no one here. I called and their reply was a tech was there and said house was unassessible with dogs in back yard. First of all the backyard doesnt need to be entered, everything is in front outside of my backyard fence, the dogs which are harmless huskys were in a dog run inside the fence. Because it was later in the day the appt had to be rescheduled a wk later. This is not my fault the man never even came to the door. He lied maybe had better things to do. So... this is my understanding of why my services were not bundled initially, when that was the agreement when setting service up. Next...it tooks weeks and numerous phone calls of being on hold every time for more than 20 minutes each time to get my services bundled. Next...it was initially agreed that I did not want my phone number changed, Ive had the same number for 23 years [protected]. my family members told me they tried to call and is said the phone was disconnected. i called from my cell and sure enough it was. When I originally got your service I was still receiving calls at [protected]. So when they bundled my services I got a new bill with the phone number [protected]. i dont think so. I want my old number back. Nothing has been right from the very beginning and I am tired of spending hours on the phone to people who accept no responsibility or accountability. I was told I would receive a $200 reward. i got something in the mail for a $40 reward. Now when I try to get on the website and look at the claim number its disqualified, why??? This is not at all what was promised!!! I paid 61.92 to direct tv separately for the 1st month and 124.00 to att. This is way more than 118.00. I was told when arranging the service that with 3 bundle home land line, direct tv and internet, the phone would not have charge. I have spoken to agents who now tell me that there is no way there would be no charge for a landline. Why was I told this. Arent all of your calls recorded. My account number [protected] which I am now not able to access on line and could before.Also they sent me a letter saying my contact email [protected]@yahoo.com when it is [protected]@yahoo.com. Now I have a bill for 195.96 and upcoming bill for 162.96. I was recently told after my argument about the initial quote that my bill would be 140.00 combined all 3. that 3bundle would bring the phone down to 19.99 a month instead of 48.48. Also I was told there wasnt an installation fee. every time I get a bill it gets larger. I am going to the state board about this., I switched service for something more affordable . By the way, the reward center never answers a call nor is there the option on the website to chat with a rep like the message while your on hold says. In the last month I have spent over 350 minutes on the phone with your customer service reps and the reward center number to get (0) results. This is poorest most pathetic business experience I have ever had in my 52 years of life. I would not recommend your service to anyone! I am very sorry I came back as a customer and will never again, nor recommend to anyone. I hope we can reach a suitable agreement, if not, this complaint will go above and beyond AT&T. Thankyou

• Updated by Traci McManus · May 22, 2019

In approx the 1st wk of March, I spoke with a young lady to get all 3 services in a bundle. The monthly price quoted was $118.00. On March 13 my installation was supposed to take place between 8 and 12. At 8 am a direct tv van pulled up in front of the house. He set out his cones, got in van and was talking on his phone. 15 min later he got out picked up cones and drove off. A few minutes later I got a phone call saying someone was on there way.A young man from At &t arrived and set up internet and phone. When i inquired about Tv (direct Tv) he said someone else will be setting that up. 2pm rolled around still no one here. I called and their reply was a tech was there and said house was unassessible with dogs in back yard. First of all the backyard doesnt need to be entered, everything is in front outside of my backyard fence, the dogs which are harmless huskys were in a dog run inside the fence. Because it was later in the day the appt had to be rescheduled a wk later. This is not my fault the man never even came to the door. He lied maybe had better things to do. So... this is my understanding of why my services were not bundled initially, when that was the agreement when setting service up. Next...it tooks weeks and numerous phone calls of being on hold every time for more than 20 minutes each time to get my services bundled. Next...it was initially agreed that I did not want my phone number changed, Ive had the same number for 23 years [protected]. my family members told me they tried to call and is said the phone was disconnected. i called from my cell and sure enough it was. When I originally got your service I was still receiving calls at [protected]. So when they bundled my services I got a new bill with the phone number [protected]. i dont think so. I want my old number back. Nothing has been right from the very beginning and I am tired of spending hours on the phone to people who accept no responsibility or accountability. I was told I would receive a $200 reward. i got something in the mail for a $40 reward. Now when I try to get on the website and look at the claim number its disqualified, why??? This is not at all what was promised!!! I paid 61.92 to direct tv separately for the 1st month and 124.00 to att. This is way more than 118.00. I was told when arranging the service that with 3 bundle home land line, direct tv and internet, the phone would not have charge. I have spoken to agents who now tell me that there is no way there would be no charge for a landline. Why was I told this. Arent all of your calls recorded. My account number [protected] which I am now not able to access on line and could before.Also they sent me a letter saying my contact email [email protected] when it is [email protected] Now I have a bill for 195.96 and upcoming bill for 162.96. I was recently told after my argument about the initial quote that my bill would be 140.00 combined all 3. that 3bundle would bring the phone down to 19.99 a month instead of 48.48. Also I was told there wasnt an installation fee. every time I get a bill it gets larger. I am going to the state board about this., I switched service for something more affordable . By the way, the reward center never answers a call nor is there the option on the website to chat with a rep like the message while your on hold says. In the last month I have spent over 350 minutes on the phone with your customer service reps and the reward center number to get (0) results. This is poorest most pathetic business experience I have ever had in my 52 years of life. I would not recommend your service to anyone! I am very sorry I came back as a customer and will never again, nor recommend to anyone. I hope we can reach a suitable agreement, if not, this complaint will go above and beyond AT&T. Thankyou

AT&Tinternational cell service/billing

My wife traveled separately from our daughter to meet on a trip to Southeast Asia. Our daughter was going to away for about 6 weeks so she purchased the AT&T Passport plan for the trip. My wife, who has an older flip phone, purchased the International Day Pass so that she could be in touch with our daughter while on route. Turns out my wife's itinerary had to be moved almost 24 hours later, so, instead of meeting at the airport, arrangements had to be made for my wife to get to the hotel in Bali without meeting our daughter at the airport (she had arrived on schedule). My wife transferred planes in Taiwan where she had no service at all. She could not contact me in the U.S., nor could she contact our daughter in Bali. When she touched down in Bali she texted/talked to our daughter to make a number of arrangements. Our AT&T bill showed a charge of some $86 for texts/calls which should have been covered by both the Passport/International Day Pass plans. I called in to the customer service line, explained the situation (the usual 30 minutes plus) and was told I should play the bill minus the extra charges. But, SURPRISE!, I am now being charged again for those charges and being threatened because they are "past due". After another 35 minutes this morning on the phone with billing I was finally "offered" $70 off the charges. The rep claimed to have no notes saying those excess charges were going to be removed. I guess I should be the one taking notes! Amazing how much goes on that relies on us, as customers, having faith in company representatives, the ones who take the notes! In any event, after being a loyal customer for some 16 years - ever since I got a cell phone - sometimes enough is enough. I told the rep her manager could call me (he/she was not available at the time I called. I really think the manager hoped to buy me off with the $70 offer) since I could not accept AT&T retracting what we had agreed upon three weeks ago. We'll see what happens. I will say this: when it comes to international cell plans, buyer beware!!

May 19, 2019

AT&T and Directv — customer service while trying to upgrade my system

As I said numerous times I was very confused. I tried to read back to her what I heard and understood and she...

May 08, 2019

AT&T Wireless Service — att wireless phone service

April 29th 2019 From: Alvin D. Toney Sr. 3412 Laurel Leaf Drive Orange Park Florida 32065 To: Office of...

AT&Twifi

Today I called the 800 number to see if there was a problem with the internet in my neighborhood. I was told by the the automated response system that it would be a five minute wait. Three hours later, I still hadn't been helped and had to leave my house. I've never experienced this in my life. Is this AT&T's way of discouraging customers to call in with questions?😡

AT&Tsending a replacement devices with expired warranty.

I have been with AT&T for 2 years, I had 2 lines and had insurance on the 2 devices. on march 2019 I received 2 devices as a replacement for the 2 devices I had due to technical issues. after 30 days my wife's device was malfunctioning, so I called AT&T and they sent ma another replacement. 2 weeks later my phone started having issues, so I called AT&T since they told me that you will have 1 years warranty on your replacement but the refused to handle the issue because I switched to another provider and now I have a manufacturer warranty valid until march 2020, when I checked with apple their data indicated that my device warranty was expired on 2016, I tried to speak with several management level at AT&T and at the end the supervisor just ended the call from his side. by the way my wife's phone warranty was expired. so my conclusion that when you submit a claim they just send you a refurbished phone with issues and hoping that the device at least 30 days because after 30 days they don't take responsibility. I don't understand how they give me devices with 1 year warranty and when I need to use the warranty I discover that the warranty is expired. the manger lied on me and told me you have 1 year warranty just go to the manufacturer and they will replace it for you, I had to drive 30 minutes back and forth to apple service center because I trusted her and then I discover that AT&T just hire a group unprofessional personnel.