Asset AcceptanceAALLC is a debit scam!

Long story short, AALLC has sent me a few letters trying to collect on an old debt I had with Nexcard for around $700.00. It was charged off in 07/2000 and bought at some point by AALLC, i do not know when. SOL in Maryland is 3 years as far as i can tell, and AALLC has been re-aging this debt several times to make it appear that this is much newer debt, which it is not.

I sent them a request for debt validation letter and what i got back was a print out from AALLC stating my name and last 4 of my SSN and current address, original nexcard account number, new AALLC account number, original amount owed and accrued interest equaling over 1600 bucks.

Does the above constitute true validation (I don’t think it does, and am prepared to send them yet another differently worded validation request with examples of what i want) and what can be done to prove to the credit bureau's to prove that this is out of the SOL and is re-aged debt, because they keep saying it is legit debt and keep reporting it.

• Mi
    Michelle Lieberstein Nov 18, 2007

I to had problems with aacllc however with lots of foot work I was able to have the final judgment and garnishment stopped and Vacated by the Court system. Now getting my Money back is a very slow process.

I think we should get the Florida Attorney General to file an investigation and a Class Action suit. If we get together we can make that happen

• Lo
    Lorace whitman Dec 23, 2007

You need to communicate to them in writing, and send all correspondence by certified letter. I requested evidence of validity. On both occassions they sent none, and suggested I needed to go the the police and prove I had been a victim of ID theft. I never held a card with bofa. I called bofa. I then wrote a leeter back to asset, informed them that the police suspected that they were commiting fraud, and also provided the name, phone, and contact info of the bof a contact. I informed them, that unless they provided the evidence requested, they were accessories to, or perpetrating a fraud, and I would report them. i have not heard from them since. Be careful were you sign up for online offers, I know this may seem odd, but I would swear the major credit reporting agencies sell your info to these criminals. Becasue everytime I sign up for a monitoring service I get contacted by one of these sketchy firms.

• Je
    Jeff May 04, 2008

Not just Florida, but all states. The US Attorney Generals office needs to get involved.

• El
    Elle May 04, 2008

I agree with all of you. I had a problem with them and I sent letters to AG in my state, and my local politicians. I all lost my ID, at the time my mother made me go down to the police dept. and file a report. Maybe the police report scared AAC LC off. Also contact the Department of Consumer Affairs. After 6 months in court I finally beat those.

I started a petition against Asset Acceptance. Please take a second to sign it.

Joy Moniz Jul 08, 2008

where do you begin if you think you are a victum of this fraud? I received a call today from a collection agency " The Moore Law Group" who acquired "Bidna&Keys' this July. Apparently I had a final judgment on an account charged off owing Asset Acceptance LLC.

The agent threaten to garnish my wages if I didn't pay today.

• Ba
    barbara Sep 26, 2008

No debt collector can garnish your wages nor can they petition the state to revoke your drivers license UNLESS they take you to court first and sue you AND WIN. Making statements like that are a violation of the FDCPA and a debt collector can be sued for that. If you are ever sued over a debt, please, show up. Nine times out of then the collector WON'T. Also, these scummy collectors have to provide proof at the hearing that this is indeed, your debt. Otherwise, you win and they don't get a judgement against you. Asset Acceptance is a bunch of bottom feeders. An account printout from their records is not validation of your debt. They dont have it.

• Ke
    Kevin Jan 22, 2009

Hi, I am currently dealing with the Moore Law Group and Asset Acceptance.
    I asked for debt verification, and they gave me a credit card statement and a signed paper from the original credit card company.
    I wrote back asking for something that stated they actually owned the debt and for a complete payment history so they can prove its not past the statute of limitations (california is 4 years).
    They wrote back saying they did not have to give me anything else because what they gave me constitutes validation.
    I wrote back again asking for those items and they sued me.
    The thing is, I was never served. In fact I never received anything even in the mail until it was too late and they got the default judgement.
    I went to the court and got the papers and the process server put in a due diligence stating he left papers with a person that does not fit a description of anyone in the house... And he also stated that he mailed the paperwork to the address... which I never received.

So now I am in process of filing papers to get the judgement vacated. If I win then I will have to file against the process server. This has gotten to be a big pain, but I guess a learning experience...

Jacey Jan 26, 2009

Help,
    I received a couple notices from Asset Acceptance LLC claiming I owe them 1950. They never responded to my inquisitions of what account they were attemtping to collect for. So Now i received a Civil hearing notice that i have to attend. I phoned the attorney who represents them as long as I pay before the hearing they will not get a judgement against me. The hearing is in two weeks. Now what do I do, I cannot come up with that money before the hearing.

• ??? May 03, 2009

Asset does not "re-age" or keep an account on your credit any longer than the law allows, which for most collection accounts is 7 years, 7 years from the date of last activity or date of last paymnet. When they purchase the account it may appear on the bureau as a much newer open date but that is the date they obtained the account or became the legal owners . If it is supposed to fall off 6 months after they purchased it then it will, if it is 5 years then it will be 5 years.

Lots of people get statue of limitations mixed up. the are 2 different SOL, one statute has to do with the amount of time the account can be reported to your credit, the other statute has to do with the amount of time the company may have to seek litigation on the past due debt, each state has different guidleline when it comes to how long you can be sued, but 7 years is a standard for how long it can be on your credit. People think sometimes that since the statute for a lawsuit has run out that the company no longer has a right to report it to the credit, but the do.

• Se
    selfobscurity Oct 21, 2009

I work for Asset Acceptance.

Everyone has a wrong aspect of this company. There are a few things everyone should know about "unpaid bills".

1) They do not go away. Just because they are past stat for your state and off your credit report, don't mean the responsibility to pay them dissapears.

2) With that being said, we call customers who have had accounts opened and stopped paying in 1988. It's a sense of responsibility.

3) Interest incurred on the account is interest that was indicated on the original agreement and terms. If you stop paying your bill, interet begins to add to it. Asset Acceptance will purchase debt from places like Chase or Wells Fargo 2-5 years after the last payment. What the original creditor does before we get the debt is out of our control, but they charge interest monthly. Then we get the account. Most accounts come with bad addresses, bad phone numbers, and we have to find this information. Some accounts, we find it in a few months and are able to contact the customer. Some, it takes over a year to get a reliable location on the consumer. My only comment on interet is, if you kept up on unpaid bills, it wouldn't be a surprise.

4) Slamming the phone on us, yelling at us, cussing us out and lieing to us by saying it isnt yours doesn't make it better. Asset Acceptance is a publicly traded company, with an A+ rating on the BBB, as well as is on the stock market. We treat each customer in our system with the respect they deserve. We do not assume because your in our system, your a low life, but everyone hangs up on us and no one gives us a chance to speak. Consider listening to a debt collector next time they call you. Sure, we're trying to get you to pay, but listen good, because we're trying to ### your current situation and help you get the account resolved.

5) DO NOT GET DEBT COUNSELORS OR DEBT CONSOLIDATION LOANS WITH THESE COMPANIES ON TV!!! You pay these people to call us up and say "The balance is $1, 000? I can pay $400 now to close the account". YOU CAN DO THIS! You can settle your account, you don't need a third-party!!

• Nm
    NMOHIO Nov 02, 2009

Sent them a certified letter to stop calling about 2 weeks ago.

They have an account with Verizon... one problem, I never signed any contract with Verizon.
    I did have a phone, but apparently someone who worked for Verizon did something to which I had 2 phones in my name. Gave the other phone to someone else. I was not present when this happen. Someone forged my name.
    I did however get one phone. And told AACC what happened. They said to make it "fair", I could pay off 1 phone. I agreed. I paid 2 payments of $250, one of which was late. I called and left a message about the late payment.

They told me I never called to say the payment was going to be late. Therefore, they claimed I owed ANOTHER $500.
    Don't be fooled. They buy these debts for pennies on the dollar. So they initial $500 I sent them paid off my debt 2x-3x over.
    They like to lay these guilt trips on people. They never listen to what you say. They keep calling and acting like what you're telling them is something new. It gets old and frustrating.

If they want to sue me for $500. so be it. They don't have the supposed contract that I never signed.

Some of the collectors are rude, some are nice, but damn, just dealing with them when I never signed ANY contract with Verizon is pointless. I don't answer their calls.

I plan on only corresponding with them via. certified mail. That way, we BOTH have a record of what's going on.
    Make sure you always keep a copy of the letters you send them.

• Li
    littlejohnny Nov 08, 2009

I have problems with Asset Acceptance too. But I'm not too angry, I know in my heart, that if there is a God. Every single person, who has ever worked for Asset Acceptance is going straight to hell, to be butt raped by satan for all of eternity. And knowing this to be true gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

• Re
    responsibleamerican Nov 13, 2009

Every one of you losers stand up and take responsibility for the money/goods you stole from the rest of america and the government. Quit spending money you don't have on junk, you probably don't have anymore. I am sick and tired of losers trying to blame soneone else for trying to collect money they spent and never repayed the debt. This country is crippled by useless unresponsible jerks like you that continue to think someone owes you something, when in fact it is YOU that owes the debt.

GROW UP AND PAY YOUR BILLS!

• Fa
    fargzbablle Nov 13, 2009

Asset Acceptance won't stop calling me about someone I don't know. I'm sure selfobscurity would love me to "take responsibility" for someone else's debt, but I'll let you send me to prison before I pay something I don't owe.

• Fr
    fraudulentbill Dec 01, 2009

I also have been getting bills from Asset Acceptance. A bill that I did not incur. From a company that no longer exists. My Credit card company told me that these companies go after people with a similiar name. My credit card company told me that they go after the wrong person and they don't care. They want the money even if it's from the wrong person. I will go to jail before I pay a bill that is not mine. I will not pay a bill that is fraudulent from Asset Acceptance.

Years ago, when I first got a fake bill from Asset Acceptance, I changed my phone number because they would not stop calling. Not even after I called the police. Now they got a hold of my new phone number. I suspect that the credit reporting agencies gave it to them.

Asset Acceptance insist that a bill that was incurred in a city and residence I have never resided at is mine.

Federal Trade Commission and District Attorney, the Attorney General from all over the USA will eventually catch up with this fraudulant company. Sooner or later, the government will find a way to get them. They will get penalized in the millions of dollars. And they will get their business license revoked.

Everyone needs to complain to every government agency. The more complains they get the better. Write to your cogressmen and your senators also. The government will change the laws in order to find crimminal evidence against Asset Acceptance.

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF AN IMMEDIATE WAY TO GET THIS FRAUDULANT COLLECTION AGENCY OFF MY BACK AND STOP HARASSING AND STALKING ME. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I hope that the employees for Asset Acceptance also get punished by the law for accessories to a crime.

Thank you.

• He
    helpmehelpyou Jan 19, 2010

I'm sorry but I feel like I need to comment because there are too many of you on here that unfortunately are misinformed. And selfobscurity is right, you all just need to pay attention and you can get this taken care of much easier than you think. I feel like I need to re-iterate some of what they said..

You claim that they keep calling you for someone that you don't know.. Instead of constantly deleting the voicemails that are left and hanging up on them when they call which only aggravates you and they are oblivious to - pick up! Let them know they are dialing the wrong number! It's a waste of time to call the wrong number each week leaving message after message or constantly getting hung up on. When you do that they don't know the number they are calling is wrong. If they know the debtor doesn't live there, they won't keep calling - there's no money there! Plus, if you inform them that it is the wrong number, and it in fact is - they CANNOT continue to call you. The FDCPA states that. Plus, you are on recording stating that the number isn't yours. But telling them it is the wrong number when the number they called is registered in your name and you are the person they are looking for - it won't do anything. They know you are lieing and now you've only wasted your time and they will have every right to call back.

To those of you saying you are getting letters for accounts you never opened - prove it! You can verify the last 4 digits of your social, and if you're worried about giving that out rest assured if it matches, they can read the whole 9 digits to you so you know they're not trying to get your information. If your social matches the one in the system and you never opened the account or lived at said address you are dealing w/ fraud. And not by the collection agency. Your identity has been stolen and you need to file a police report. Once you provide said documentation to the company they can get it resolved and off your credit report. But claiming fraud when an account was open for 5+ years w/ payments being made on it for that whole time and the address on original account is your address... Good luck. When somebody steals another person's identity they aren't going to make payments.

And original contracts? Sorry, but companies such as Asset Acceptance are third party collections and the original creditor(Chase, Visa, Verizon, etc) doesn't need to provide them with much information on the account. It is up to the original creditor what information they receive. And when they don't provide the company w/ up to date information(address, phone number) it can take some time to finally locate the debtor. That is no fault of Asset, or any other collection company.

As for interest, like the person above said - if you had a contract w/ a 18% interest rate in initial agreement, that follows to the collection process, and that balance will continue to grow until that debt is paid.

Finally - if you have a debt w/ one of these companies know your options. If you cannot pay the balance in full, ask them to break it up into multiple payments. They have the freedom that the original lender didn't - they can do that w/ no penalty to you! They want to work out a plan to help you. Ask about doing a monthly payment plan. You can have it directly withdrawn from your bank account each month/week/biweekly on whatever date you choose. Or if you are in the position to pay a large amount but not quite the whole balance, ask about settling.. If you can pay a lumpsum in a secure(Check, Western Union, Moneygram) method, ask what they are willing to settle the account for or let them know what you are willing to pay.

Believe it or not they are there to help you w/ the debt, not bully you. And you have rights and options, you just may not have known it...

• Ro
    Rob Bell Jan 21, 2010

Dear selfobscurity,
    Tell Brian Andrews to stop robocalling my house seeking one Mackie Bowers. This person is obviously using other people's phone numbers, like mine. I don't know this person. I have asked Brian to cease and desist or be accused of harassment. So far, he has not complied. I recieve a message from your "company" at least once a week for this Mackie Bowers. Pass it along... I coming after you guys now.

Signed,
    Not Mackie Bowers

• As
    Asset Acceptance Victim Jan 27, 2010

I would like to get with other victims of Asset Acceptance Asset and sue them!

Here is my story: it is 2010 and Asset Acceptance LLC has just stolen $5000 from my bank account. They claim it is from an old $900. visa from 1995. They severed someone with my last name in an other state. That person discarded the summons and Asset Acceptance automatically got a default judgment against me. They then used a Domestic Interstate Transference to transfer the judgment to the state of my residence and take the money plus 15years worth of interest from my account. They are cowards and crooks and they purposely sneak cases through courts without giving you the chance to fight it. Asset Acceptance knows that the only way to win is by default. You often need a lawyer to fight them which is so costly that most people just "give in to them".

I have learned that they constantly troll these blogs because they DO NOT want us to know about each other and they especially do not want us talking to one another. If you see any comments that support their tactics I can guarantee you it is just one of there "employee ### plants"

Organizing together is the key (just "Google" their name and you can see that they MUST be stopped)

I have no legal expertise I am just a another victim who is determined to stop them...I have created an email address just for this fight so feel free to write me at [email protected]

Victims and Lawyers interested in representing a Class Action case against Asset Acceptance are always welcome to email me.
    Sincerely Victim X.

• Re
    Responsibilityiskey00 Feb 04, 2010

This is all just laughable that you all are so immature about your responsibilities. I understand the interest part and the wrong numbers and so on... if you are a victim of identity theft then why would you hang up or get frustrated... if it was me, I would send in the proof. All it takes is a police report or an affidavit of fraud to have it removed from your credit. The comment earlier said that the police report must've scared off AACC but the fact is, it didn't scare them off, that is all you needed to do if it was fraud. They are requried by law to them remove any bad marks off your credit and close the account.

Stop being children and take care of your responsibilities. If you cannot pay something because of the economy and you don't have a job, most reps there will be MORE than willing to help you. If you don't mke any commitment to pay your bill, interest will accrue and you are the ONLY one to blame. So, suck it up and deal with it!

• Sh
    shaftmastr Mar 03, 2010

The funny thing about reading this discussion thread is exactly how mis-informed everyone is about the collection laws. READ THE LAWS! There are infinite federal laws as well as state laws that govern the debt collection industry. Pay special attention if you live in a no consent call recording state. There are only 6-7 states that require 2-party consent when it comes to recording telephone calls.

The thing I hate the most is people who misquote the collection laws and try to pervert them for their own specific situation. In most states the statute of limitation is less than the time a company is allowed to report to the credit bureaus. As a matter of fact, there are certain states which require a debt to be extinguished when the statute of limitations expires. Again, know the laws and you will be fine.

Be very careful about who you listen to on these discussion boards. Many times debt purchasers or collection agencies will "seed" these sites with posts by employees that are intended to misdirect the consumer to think more about the ethics involved with nonpayment of a debt. The bottom line is read the FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA and know it! Also, know your specific state and local laws especially if you live in NC, WI, MS, CO, or in New York City. You may be surprised at the laws that are out there.

Also...NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER settle a debt with a collection agency or debt purchaser without receiving a letter from the company committing to the settlement terms. Make sure those terms include the fact you will receive a paid/settled in full letter once the payment has been made. Also, if you are in a recording state, get the collector to commit to 2 very important terms; first, that the forgiven amount (the amount left after you settle) will NOT result in a 1099C being issued, and second, that you negotiate to delete your trade line from the credit bureaus if you pay/settle the account. you may not get them to agree but remember this, these companies WILL do this if you dig your heels in and demand it. It may take some pushing on your part but eventually it will work.

• Go
    Goodadvice4u Mar 24, 2010

153 days ago by selfobscurity 0 Votes
    This is in reference to "selfobscurity' which I think you meant "self obscurity" so you hide behind the phone who claimed to work for Asset Acceptance. I was ask by an elderly friend who just got a new phone number but is being called by these ###s looking for someone else and refuses to stop the calls when informed that person has NOTHING to do with this elderly lady. She also cannot just turn her phone off in case she needs 911. And using "Robo" calls. To being with I am an investigator and you do NOT have a A+ rating with the BBB far from it.

Next, "robo" calls are ILLEGAL in all 50 states in the continental US. Next it is illegal to age a debt. When sent a "cease and desists" letter under both state and federal law the only other recourse is to send one more letter saying you received the cease and desist NOTHING else.

You, must show proof of ownership for a debt when requested. You can NOT keep calling over and over. And there is a lot more I can go into like the fines you received and the other investigations into your company starting in MI. But I just thought I would show everyone how really smart you are. This speaks for most debt collectors. I UNDERLINED the misspelled word just in your own post. I didn't bother either with correct sentence structure who I would be hours on that mess. But with spell check, dictionaries, this web page saying to "Please check text spelling before submitting a commet" and the like. You have still misspelled so many words a 5th grader would even have spelled right.

Two last thoughts and that is a debt collector can not threaten jail, court lien or make any threats. In many states including Florida you can legally shot someone who enters your property unwelcome. Which is why when you ### threaten to show up. You are too scared to leave your boiler room and phone

And lastly about making threats. Recently I had the please to help in the arresting of two debt collectors for making terrorist threats and harassment. As they entered a court room thing they were going to get a default judgement. When your too stupid to know is in many states only one party has to know the call is being recorded and almost anywhere including Radio Shack you can get a recording device and attachment that just grips the phone with suction.
    I work for Asset Acceptance.

• Sh
    shaftmastr Mar 24, 2010

Pssst...the A+ rating with the BBB is only in Eastern Michigan. You have to click the link on their website to find that out though.

• Fl
    flewis,KS Jun 01, 2010

Asset acceptance is currently dunning my mother for a cell phone bill. She is 79 and never had a cell phone. They said it was her bill because it was her name. The rep was rude and intimidating with her. When I called them back the phone numbers on the form they sent was no longer active.

My instructions to her going forward is to not talk to these people who call. Hang the phone up. If they are valid bills or services she uses she knows who they are. The elderly are targeted by these scam artists because they assume they may have forgot to pay something and want to make it right.

Fortunately, I handle her finances so she did not loose any money.

May1 Aug 30, 2010

I am not perfect. I defaulted on my Sam's Club card which I promptly paid off when I was contacted by Wolpoff & Abramson 4 yrs. ago. Asset Acceptance has been harassing me for the last 3 yrs. for the above debt (which was paid off). I faxed proof to them twice. They have now frozen $ 1008 dollars in my checking account, which I'm not sure how this was possible. I have been on the phone all evening and re-faxed the proof that this is not a valid debt. The account number from W&A even matches to the account number that AA is claiming that I owe. I'm done. I'm seeing an attorney in the morning to make sure that 1. AA releases the money in my account 2. I receive a clearance letter from AA 3. This invalid debt is removed from my credit.

This is unethical and corrupt. I agree with some of the posts...if you owe the money, pay it. Which I did - 4 yrs. ago. So my question is...why is this company saying I owe it and now freezing my account. Once I get my account straight, I am reporting this company to as many agencies as I can. This needs to STOP!

• Iv
    Ivanlibya Oct 06, 2010

I had an account with American Express which I let default with a 17k balance. It was sent from collection agency to collection agency for 3 years all trying to collect the 17k. Then, all of a sudden, I get a letter from [censor] et Acceptance asking for 34k. I sent them a letter of validation, certified, to which they just replied saying they investigated the account and it's valid. They didn't send ANY proof whatsoever! So I sent them a second letter of validation, certified, explaining that a simple single sheet stating they investigated the account and "its valid" is NOT sufficient, that they need to actually send statements, original contract, something that shows I owe this money to them. Once again, they just sent a letter stating the same thing, they investigated the account and it's valid. So I called a lawyer who is now suing them. The day I called the lawyer, they said it was the third client they took that day that had complains about [censor] et Acceptance. Clearly the lawyer wouldn't take the case, since they only get paid if they win, if they didn't think they had a case against them. So I urge everyone to get sue these clowns, it's the only way they'll learn to conduct business in an honest way.

• Mi
    miranda jones Nov 10, 2010

They have been placing the same charge on my credit report since 2002. I just got a letter today saying welcome, that this is a new case. They are charging me for a bill that was not mine and I never lived at the address of the bill. I have been fighting them for years and recently was told that I had a lawsuit against them. Do I sue them in Civil court, small claims, ...any suggestions...

• Md
    MDStudent Mar 09, 2011

Asset Acceptance garnished funds from my personal checking account three weeks ago without notifying me that they were doing such; I learned of the garnishment when my card was rejected at a POS and I called my bank. The entirety of the funds contained within the account were federal student loan funds, refunded to me for living expenses after paying for my medical school tuition. Because these funds are not wages, compensation, and compose the whole of my living expenses, I filed a challenge to the garnishment which the judge ruled was accurate and my funds as exempt. The funds were taken from the account before the judge's order to sustain the challenge however. I am still waiting on Asset Acceptance to return my money, and calls to them have resulted in referral to the attorneys who handled the case. They say they have no control over the account anymore, and will not even admit to receiving the funds that were garnished. Likewise, the firm that represents AA - Javitch, Block, and Rathbone - claim they have received no order and will not rescind.

Both parties treat me like a ###, and refuse to talk. They beat around the bush, they leave me on hold until the call is dropped, or pretend that I am asking questions they can't answer. Asset Acceptance is especially inane. Just today a representative refused to answer any question I asked, and hung up on me. I never instigate or provoke these parties when we speak.

I currently am living off whatever free food I can find, because in my opinion, Asset Acceptance has stolen money from me. Debt or no debt, this is fair, unusual, and cruel.

• As
    AssetAcceptanceisunethical Apr 21, 2011

I would be happy to contribute to any class action lawsuit against asset acceptance llc

• Te
    Texaslady22 Aug 08, 2011

Asset Acceptance is sending me collection letters on an account that Arrow tried to litigate against me and lost! I received a dismissal and take away nothing judgment. How can they do that?

• Br
    brandigat Jan 25, 2012

asset acceptance has put a judgement on me and keeps trying to take my tax returns. I don't even know for what debt and had never been contacted by them except to deliver the judgement. what do I do?

• Co
    concerned for our nation Jan 30, 2012

I just got a letter stating that I owe X amount of money to this ASSET Acceptance LLC for a credit card that I have never had. Don't tell me to take responsibilty for something that is not mine. Plain and simple this company obviously is doing some kind of illegal activity seeing how the stories from the majority of the people are just about the same. The IRS is somehow affiliated with this company because 1 week after I got this so called collection I have a 1099-c cancellation of debt form to submit to the IRS...why? you ask...because I don't have a job where they can just up and garnish the wages from ...THE TRUTH IS...We are all screwed! FIghting the IRS and someone that is affiliated with them...and you guys wonder where they get their info from..phone numbers, where you live, ss numbers, etc...ITS OBVIOUS!

• Sr
    SRQT Sep 12, 2012

The IRS is NOT affiliated with AA. AA sent the 1099C form.

• Ro
    roger rerun Oct 30, 2012

To the so called employee of Asset Acceptance, you need to recheck your information on your comment that Asset Acceptance has an A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau !

YOUR INCORRECT !
    it does not have an A+ rating

• Pa
    Pat bb May 10, 2013

I received a letter saying that they would settle my debt with Capitol One if I sent them a check for 290.00 made out to Asset Acceptance. I have my share of debt but knew I had no outstanding debt with this company. I called them and they asked for the last 4 of my ssn and I hesitated to even give them that but finally did and they said, " Oh, wrong person".. I said that this must be a scam. If I had not been alert and noticed that I had no debt with this co., what would they have done with my check. Kept it I guess! In my opinion this company is some sort of scam.

• Th
    TheyComeToSteal Nov 20, 2013

My problem with AALLC and others is that their use of grammer/spelling is awful. You're is not Your...omg. I do not agree with scumming bottomfeeder debt collectors who lie, cheat and steal. They should be locked up with all of their employees in a South American Prison for life, and that for the first time offence. The robo-calling should no longer be in existence...yet here we are in 2013 and only the worst of worst companies employ them. If you do get to talk to a real person, be civil, speak plain and slow so they understand you, only give them information you want a thief to know about you, then tell them to take your number off all their call lists and to never contact you again. Unfortunately, debt happens, even to the best of us. We don't intentionally try to get out of our debt, we try every way possible to take care of it before it becomes so unruly there is nothing we can do but walk away from it. Just another note about third party debt...Check all your bill statements, this unscrupulous debt collectors will put charges on other bills as a third party, and you wont even know it if you are not paying attention. Thieves are cunning, they make their living on those of us honest, hardworking, trusting people who believe we live in the good old USA...its not the good OLD USA, its just the USA now. Watch out for yourself in every little detail, because you can bet that AALLC and others like them are patrolling the lowest levels of debt ponds (oldest, oddest, even slightly off) just trying to get some kind of payment out of you. If AALLC was a legitimate debt collector, they would 1. Clearly state the original debt, to whom it was owed, the amount owed, the original date of the debt, 2. Offer you a clear and concise offer with what they are willing to do for you in accordance to which laws, 3. Tell you when they purchased the debt or how and when they acquired the debt that they believe you owe, 4. Finally, they should ask you or offer you a way to clear the debt (if indeed they have a right to do so). Me, I say: DO NOT pay the collector...Make arrangements with your original debtor, that is your best bet. Make sure you post your clearance letter with all of the reporting Credit Bureau's and check them. Again, NEVER NEVER NEVER give any information out to someone on the phone or by mail that you would not give to a THIEF! If they dont give you the same information about themselves, you cannot trust them.

Anna "Obrian" Feb 17, 2014

I was getting daily calls from Asset Acceptance but never a message for a few months. Today I answered and the fellow asked if I was Ann O; I figured he couldn't pronounce it and said yes. He asked if it was O'Brian, I said, "Sure." (It isn't) He said there was an old debt on a credit card, I said I never had that card, he asked for the last 4 digits of my social, I said you think you're talking to an Ann O'Brian? He said all he had was the first letter of my last name so I said I am not giving you any of my SS#. I agree with Little Johnny.