Aspen Dental - Orange, CTconsumer beware!

R

I went to Aspen Dental looking for an extra set of upper dentures. The main reason why I went there. The dentist told me that on my lower teeth I would need 2 teeth pulled. All of a sudden they were just doing work on my lower teeth. I did not mind the Dental Hygienist doing her job, however she could not do the complete procedure & recommended I go to a Periodontist. I went to the Periodontist who then told me I do not need those teeth extracted that he can perform gum surgery on it. What upsets me the most I applied for the CareCredit and was approved, BUT Aspen Dental submitted charges to the CareCredit for services that were not rendered. For instance the extractions. They also knew of my appointment & at the request of the Periodontist asked for the xrays to be sent to him so I would not have to be xrayed again. Aspen Dental had never sent those xrays to the Periodontist, so needless to say I had to get more xrays done on the teeth they were going to extract.

1. They charge CareCredit in advance for work before it is done. In other words they charge for services not rendered.
a) pay for an electric toothbrush by just giving it to you as part of the visit & not asking if you would like to purchase the item. $125.00 for that. I have an electric toothbrush I am very happy with. So this company sells a bunch of goods without consent of the patient (me).
b) An extraction $229.00.
c) Incomplete work from the Dental Hygenist because she told she couldn't do the deep cleaning because of my gum infection & recommended the Periodontist. Hygenist charges were $376.00 which should be less because she could not complete & suggested I see a periodontist.
2. They didn't send the xrays to the periodontists, therefore made me have to go for more unnecessary treatment.
3. Kept me in a dental chair for over an hour without acknowledgment.

I was not happy with the way I was treated as a human being. Aspen Dental seemed more corporate instead of a dental health facility. It seems to me it is a money making scam to charge for services before the services were even done.

I am working on to get credit from Aspen to the CareCredit for only services rendered & not to pay for the toothbrush that I did not ask for, especially I have an electric toothbrush that I am happy with.

They are very misleading. BUYER BEWARE!!! CONSUMER BEWARE!!!

Rita.

• Updated by Catherine Chapel · Oct 10, 2017

Cannot wear denture doesn't fit right also have a sore which I call a bubble. I am getting phone calls 3 to 5 times a day 7 days a week recorded message .I refuse to pay for something I can't wear

• Updated by Catherine Chapel · Oct 10, 2017

The denture does not fit right can only keep them w/paste for a few hours then I have to take them out or they come loose and fall out. They have also have formed a sore in my mouth which describe as a bubble. I refuse to pay for something that I cannot wear and not able to eat with. I cannot enjoy a lot of foods that I use to enjoy

• Updated by Vivian Catt · Feb 23, 2018

I really hope Aspen will do the right thing and reimburse my money. This denture is not worth paying for.

• La
    Lala256 Feb 29, 2020

I went to Asoen dental in Gadsden Al. They told me a price after insurance. I paid up front with care credit. 6 months after the dental procedure I started getting Bill's for 1700 dollars.

Marie baril Feb 29, 2020

They dont fit I complained said they would replace when I had my bottoms done and now no record of that in file. They dont fit.. numerous complaints regarding them. Too many to type.

• De
    Debra Koski Feb 02, 2020

4 try ins . Look like baby teeth. One real long tooth on partial. Longer than all bottom teeth. Don't fit against bottom teeth properly. Horrible. No need to make denture if that is best they can do. Each time was worse than last!

Joseph Hebert Nov 11, 2019

They quoted me one price and are charging me 5000 over what they quoted and keep my insurance money after I payed it they said they would give it back but instead they kept it

• Mi
    Michael Mathis Nov 04, 2019

My wife came in today to have a tooth extraction and they pulled the wrong tooth I couldn't believe it. When I confronted the dentist he jumped up and said that me and my wife were wrong. The really bizarre thing is she only had one messed up looking tooth how the hell could you Miss that .

• Th
    Thomasina Bell Sep 17, 2019

Denture paid 3, 107 with insurance and line of credit Aspen gave temporary dentures and did not inform me Or made an attempt to follow up with my permanent dentures . Three years like this until the temps cracked and causing rubbing and pain to my gum. My dentures was paid for and no one called or emailed to schedule for my permanent dentures

• Al
    alice-kinnett Aug 24, 2019

T hey refused to refund the money, was told by the dentist that no matter what they did they were not going to fit, and he even refused to make a new plate. so now I have a lower plate I can't wear and I am out 400.00 plus tax. The teeth are too big. and they make my gums bleed.

• Ci
    Cindie stehle Aug 13, 2019

While I was having somedental work done they dentist cut my toughn

• Wi
    WillFla Jul 29, 2019

They used bait and switch. Claim to do work that they did not do then switched the villing credit card so i would pay more interest than i agreed on. They never fixed my temporary partials. They continuously hurt and I could not use them. They did not seem to care one bit and it was always a hassle trying to get ahold of someone. I'm still waiting

Maegen39 Jul 27, 2019

They charged me before the work was completed, when their procedures failed, they wanted to charge me to undo what they did and do something else. Now, two years later, a "crown " they were supposed do have done on a front healthy tooth, has came loose and fell off, only to reveal a [censored]ing Stint!!! He took away my whole tooth!!!

• Cu
    Curtis Thomas Jul 23, 2019

I get a consultation. They give me a complete breakdown of what the charges are and what my charges will be after they bill the insurance. After services, I pay the price given to me in full only to sent an extensive bill later. They then hit your credit report if I do not pay them.

• Ri
    Ridge Runner Jul 10, 2019

My aspen Dental dentist did three fillings in about fifteen minutes and cracked one of my molers in the process. I had to pay over a thousand dollars to get my mollar replaced with a crown, and many sleepless nights due to my head throbbing.

• Su
    SusanneU Jun 18, 2019

All work that was done in March of 2018 had to be redone. I've had to also get worked up for an implant after my last appointment yesterday. I've paid now over $10000 that I expect FULL reimbursement for. Please contact me via email to set up a phone conference. [email protected] Thanks! Susanne Utley

• Do
    Dolphnlvr forver Jun 05, 2019

Waiting room is full, we should of been next and last person that came in goes first, this is bs, than another still sitting, appointment was half hour ago, we paid cash for my husband's teerh and were stucking waiting. It was extremely hot in there too, ive seen more people leave than taken back. Very unhappy with the service we didn't receive.

• Ka
    Kathleen White1 May 19, 2019

Refused to clean my kids teeth on routine visit. I'll fitting partial that causes pain and sores. Bad job on my front teeth

Anant Shah Apr 16, 2019

i had called the office in Bloomingdale several times to call me back to reset my appointment to cap the permananet crown for my root cannel.

• Sh
    Shree Shetty Jan 23, 2019

Aspen Dental called me on December 10 2019 and claimed a family member contacted them about my needing to come in for an oral check up. This was total fabrication. I dont want to have contact with aspen dental because of tactics like this. I had texted them to stop texting me also.

• Re
    Renee D Hanson Jan 05, 2019

I had my implants on July 3 2018. Today is December 11 2018 and I still have not received my teeth. I have paid in full 11, 000 on July 3 and keep getting run around. I had an appointment for Thursday to get my teeth and once again they call and tell me they won't have them. I feel I have been scamed and going to contact a lawyer

• Br
    Brian Ager Dec 09, 2018

Went in for the free exam and x Ray's to find out what the could do about my filling falling out and then they wanted to see if I could be "pre approved " for the root canal and crown and cleaning they recommended and ended up getting a 1800 bill in the mail :(

Sandy Davis-Monroe Nov 19, 2018

Permanent bridge fell out and broke one week after I got it. They pulled my 4 front teeth, they were not decayed. I am a teacher, how can u work like this. I am still paying thousands of dollars for this! Also they are billing my insurance for s r vices we paid for through financing. My husband has fillings that hurt so bad he can't eat.

• Re
    Re caw Nov 04, 2018

She Was Loud And Rude Refused And The Dentist Refused To Removed Old Partials That Are Turning Brown And Green After It Cause Gingivitis
    In Front Of Other Customers
    I May Take This To Small Claims Court
    The Aspen Dental On Montgomery Hwy
    Dothan Al
    I'm Lisa Williams
    Patient Was Michael Elliott Cawthon

• Tr
    Trucker1 Oct 27, 2018

Seen the dentist she says for my age teeth real good no gum disease would deep clean 900.00 got bill was 1600.00 and for gum disease not cleaning ask for paper work done no records was finance with geneis credit these people just want your money not worried about health

Catherine Chapel Sep 11, 2018

The denture does not fit right poorly made.They have formed a sore in my mouth which describe as a bubble. I use the paste to hold them in which doesn't always work. When it does work can only keep them in for a few hours due pain when I try to eat which I cannot eat what I truly like anymore. I refuse to pay for something I cannot wear

Anne61 Sep 06, 2018

I have a bank statement(A LEGAL DOCUMENT) that shows they billed me on June 4, 2017. The literally changed the billing sheet to a "no charge" visit and pocketed $399.00!!! The office manager called us liars and the regional manager will not return a call!! See you in court!!! STAY AWAY FROM ASPEN DENTAL!

• Me
    members 711 Aug 21, 2018

I sign a contact for the abutment and other work was completed because the dentist assured me that he would complete the work the dentist left the company before he completed the work Aspen refuse me a refund is there any way I can prove that the abutment are not new and get a refund

• Vi
    Vivian Catt Aug 21, 2018

My upper denture does not fit good enough to even stay in my mouth. When I chew I constantly bite my check badly enough to make it bleed. I have never had this kind of problem with a denture. I would like the $1400 I am having to pay sent back to me. This is ridiculous!

Vivian Catt
    12651 Seminole Boulevard, Lot 15C
    Largo, FL 33778

[protected]

• Mj
    mjciola Aug 20, 2018

The worst ever. I have had an upper molar pulled on the upper left side on October 31, 2017. I had nothing but problems since. My speech has even gotten worse. Will not pay or ever go back for any dental work. My mouth has been totally dysfunctional since this incident. Customer service ok, but dental services horrific.

• Li
    Lisakelleher Aug 20, 2018

I been to the Mt. Dora, Florida office 4 times now and they can't get them right. Went in Wednesday to have them realigned and now they are off center. I cannot eat. They are not customer service friendly. It's been horrible since day one

Jackie capes Aug 20, 2018

I had 6 or 7 teeth extracted with only novacaine because they don't use laughing gas. I was assured that it would be painless with novacaine. It was horrible. They pulled and yanked while I screamed and cried in pain with blood everywhere. I never got my permanent partial even though I paid about 2600.00 up front.

• Ru
    Ruth Ann Tootle Aug 20, 2018

They want to glue it back on I want a new set of dentures

• Pe
    Peter Bumper Apr 15, 2011

They stink! The Stratford office has charged me thousands of dollars for root canals and fillings and all I have to show for it is a mouth that is in constant pain!

• St
    Steaminonohio Apr 15, 2010

I went to Aspen Dental in December 2009. I paid $218.00 up front.When I was done with the work they gave me the "special toothbrush" and told me that I was covered by insurance. After my insurance paid I was only liable for $128.00 . So, I figured I was going to get a refund from the $218.00 that I paid up front. My insurance always sends a copy of the claim the next day that it is filed. I know the toothbrush would not be covered but I had no idea that it cost $135.00! Aspen never sent a claim to my insurance for the toothbrush. If they had I would have returned it the next day. They waited 4 months and sent me a bill for $78.00. What they did was add up items that I had to pay for myself and made it equal the 218.00 plus. So I could not get a refund of the up front money. I called them yesterday and had a fit. I let them know they ripped me off. They took the $78.00 balance due off, but I will be calling today and try to get my refund, I'm sure it's probably no use but at least it will let them know that people are not fools. My insurance company also told me to have them send a claim for the "toothbrush" so I will at least have a record of what they did. If anyone files a class action count me in.PLEASE don't go to Aspen Dental! I can only imagine how they rip people off who don't have insurance.

• Kb
    kbritcher Dec 23, 2009

At first this place didnt seem so bad. Got me back to ex-rays quickly and the nurse was very nice and caring. Then I went back to the room. I sat in the room for over 45min. When I first got in there the nurse lady told me that the doctor would be right with me. Sitting there in pain, I waited and waited. When the Doctor finally got in the room. I told him I was there because my filling had fallen out and had cracked a bit. He didnt even look at it. When he did he kept hitting it and waited till I jumped 6 times before asking me if it hurt. ( DUH OBVIOUSLY) He literally only looked around at my teeth and no more than 2 min later told me I was finished and began to walk out. I literally had to yell at him to come back and talk to me. Told me I needed a root canal on the cracked tooth and I needed to go see another doctor to fix a root canal that he said was going bad. Told me everything else looked good. I was obviously in pain, he didnt offer me anything until I asked him what he was going to do for me. After asking me again if I was in pain, he wrote me a perscription.

At my "meeting" on the payments I was shocked to find out all the other problems I had. When I asked her why the doctor didnt just tell me all these other problems like the gum disease and 2 other cavities she said that he was "shy". I flat out told her that was weird and made me feel concerned. She got defensive and couldnt understand why a dentist who was not upfront with a patient would concern anyone. THIS IS A SCAM... DO NOT GO THERE!!!

no mas Aspen Jun 27, 2009

Aspen Dental was created for one thing only. To make money! The greedy conspirators who created this company will eventually see their day in man's court or God's court. They do work not needed, ie. fillings and pulling good teeth ect.which is horrible malpractice by any stretch. That is such a betrayal of their profession to help and heal people with pain . They have caused so many people so much pain and problems it would only be right to see them closed down for good. I am still suffering a year after my experience with Aspen.

Mattie Cobb May 23, 2009

I agree with all the above comments, I've had a problem with Aspen Dentist from the beginning. They bill the finance company before the actually work began. I went in for my gums and was told to have seven teeth pull and a complete upper plate and a partial lower. I've complained over, and over again about their service and the amount they charged me and was told nothing they could do about it. My husband was very aggravated and refused to go back with them for the crazy amount they were about to charge him for his bridge to be adjusted. I've made disputes with my insurance, and to no avail. They lie, lie and continue to lie. What a mess. I stopped going and I have an upper plate in water looking at me and I didn't go back for the extractions, good thing my pressure was high. God's will it happened this way. Mattie's dispute from the Stratford office in Connecticut.

• Mz
    MzKitty9453 Feb 04, 2009

I went to Dr Weile in Spokane, WA in April of 2008, he did some work on my teeth over a 3 week period, at the end of April, he said all was done. I was sure surprised.

I went there with a complaint of pain in to upper teeth, one on each side. The left side seems OK, but the right side upper tooth was still painful. He took a "look" at it didn't even use a mirror to look at it closely, said, "Nothing wrong with that tooth, I told you to use that toothpaste for sensitive teeth." Well, I did and still do use it.

OK, I went back to see him on Oct 8th of 2008, the tooth is reallystarting to hurt again, he charged me $25.oo for a "mini exam" and told me "nothing is wrong" again. Well a few weeks later I had a full-blown abcess around that tooth, my Nurse Practioner ordered antibiotis for me, and it cleared up and the pain went away, now it's back again, because the dentist still disagrees with me.

OK, I need to see an oral surgeon to have this tooth removed now, thank to Dr. Weile DDS, and I will NEVER recommend him to even a person with a dog with bad teeth!! He seems to think his time is more important than his patients, and therefore, he can rot in a hot place!!
    What a jerkl he is!!

Cathy Dec 12, 2008

Well, I'm back and want to say that FINALLY, I got results with my complaints against them, but only after I called my State's Attorney General's office, the BBB, and informed them that after I contacted my Attorney General a news station contacted me. I am happy to inform that they are reimbursing my insurance company and me. I will receive a full refund. It's just too bad it took so long, because it has still been the most frustrating experience...I'm sure that the special they did on a local TV company helped my case also. A poor woman who did business with them ended up with TMJ from ill fitting dentures and then came to find out that the office she was going to has thier permanent dentures made in a "central lab" in China, and to make matters worse, they have lead in them...sure they are not the only "clinic" that has their work done there...A friend of mine used to make dentures not so long ago and he infromed me that the ACTUAL cost of making them then was about $30. What a ripoff! Dental work is soooo out of reach for the average American, it is very sad...Anyone having a problem with their local Aspen should go on line and contact corporate themselves at aspendent.com, you would probably get better results with them than some of the "bimbo's" that run these offices. The office manager I spoke with tried to tell me that the cost of the "temporay" denture that I had that were horrible was almost $2, 000 and that is why my insurance co did not get reimbursed!!!Will still never get compensated for the hassel, both with running around, back and forth, and the embarrassment of having ill fitting teeth for all that time while trying to get something done...

Cathy Nov 28, 2008

I too am a very dissatisfied patient ("customer") of Aspen Dental. Have been going thru heck with these people for almost a year. Too many problems to list here, still haven't gotten the money back I deserve, and they are refusing at this point to reimburse my insurance co. and I never accepted their crummy ill fitting dentures or partials. Still have their crummy ill fitting "temporary" teeth, only because I cannot afford to go elsewhere until I get my problems resolved with my insurance co. They are theives who only care about the "bottom line" like most corporations. PLEASE if you are having problems with them, do what I have done and contact your state's Attorney General. Let them know what a scam this place is and then maybe someone will do something about them! I live in Ohio and would like very much to take them to court, but cannot afford an attorney right now. Anyone know about a class action suit going on? I would certainly join in!!!

joan Nov 04, 2008

I have a really long and bad experience with Aspen Dental, but kind of felt not alone anymore... why ?? because basically the scam, the high-pressure sales, the waiting, the extra appointment, the extra work, the insurance not covering... it all happened to me, and the sad thing was, I am sstill with Aspen Dental, only because it is close to home and not much good dentist taking new customer. what a sad sad story.

• Nk
    NK Oct 27, 2008

I can tell you from first hand experience WORKING for Aspen, the company is horrible. Not only to their patients but also their employees. They would send me to different offices to work for weeks at a time and never pay for a hotel for me to stay in. I was driving up to 6 hours a day back and forth when they would do this. Everyone is all in it for themselves. The Care Credit is a scam they tell you it's better if you charge it all at once but it is just as easy once the work you choose to have done is done to have all the charges combined to keep it at the promotional interest rate.
    They are over priced and the work is horrible. I have a molar that after i left there i had to have my old dentist ext because the DR in the Scranton, PA office screwed it up when he wanted to put all white fillings. I will never ever go there or even associate with the people that work there.
    I am truely sorry for all who have been ripped off by this money grubbing coropration.