Askoquality and service costs

We moved in 2004 and bought all new appliances. The only Asko product we bought was a dishwasher and I am now very thankfull.

We could have bought a few good dishwashers for the price of this one Asko but the sales guy said it was the best and it would be the last dishwasher we'll have to buy.
So far I have spent about $300 to repair it. Then the drawer sliders start Jamming up and they wanted $200 just to come look at it and see what it needed. I decided to look at myself and managed to get the top drawer moving again but not very well as a few of the ball bearings fell out. Then the control panel where you touch the start button ripped so we called and the part was hundreds of dollars and again $200 to come and install it. I put a piece of duct tape on it.

Now the machine stopped working, we called and the repair company diagnosed it over the phone, the pump and some other part are needed and the estimate to repair is around $900 and that doesn’t include the other two problems we have with it. I’m guessing that it’ll cost me well over $1300 to get this 6 year old machine working properly again.
Silly me, when my wife wanted to buy this dishwasher I thought it had a much better warranty. Live and learn, my advice is to stay away from the high end appliances, you can buy 3 or 4 other good quality dishwashers for the price of an Asko and they want the price of a regular dishwasher for almost all repairs. My wife wants me to fix it but I explained to her that we can buy a high end dishwasher for less then the cost of fixing this one. Ironically all the other appliances we bought at the same time are all working well and have had little or no trouble with them . They are LG, Maytag, and GE
The dishwasher at our old house was a few years old when we moved in and it was still working fine when we moved out 7 years latter. It was just regular brand name like Kenmore or Maytag or something like that. The better stuff isnt always better, if Asko is that good they should have a least a 10 year warranty for the money they ask for them.