Ashley HomeStore Logo

Ashley HomeStore

Having problems with Ashley HomeStore?

1800 477 2222 (United States)
8800 505 4223 (Russia)
+1 866 436 3393 (United States)
+61 247 326 285 (Australia)
+31 644 294 732 (Netherlands)
+880 131 301 2571 (Bangladesh)
+673 267 0668 (Brunei)
+593 290 4004 (Ecuador)
+504 25 571 515 (Honduras)
+507 376 0246 (Panama)
+966 920 002 540 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 698 155 (Singapore)
+27 127 493 100 (South Africa)
+66 25 147 111 (Thailand)
1 Ashley Way
Arcadia, Wisconsin
United States - 54612-1218

Complaints & Reviews

Ashley Furnituredo not agree with negative comments.

I disagree with the negative comments for Ashley Furniture in Plattsburgh. We went to the store to find a living room set. The store is very well laid out and the furniture is very nice and reasonably priced. The salesmen were very helpful. We ordered and paid for a 5 piece set. It was delivered on time and the delivery people were very courteous and did a great job of getting the furniture in the house and removing the packing.
One table was broken. The delivery people ordered a new table. I called Ashley a few days later and they said the table was in. We went to the warehouse and the table was there in perfect condition. The warehouse people helped me put the table in the car.

• Co
      CorporationsSuck Jan 07, 2012

You obviously work for this company-let me guess you're a manager? Your 'story' is right out of the employee hand book.

• Pl
      plattshopper May 25, 2012

This person does work for them because they wrote something on their complaint board before. haha Ashley is JUNK, Poor quality. Unless you are a staging a home for resale and need a cheap POS living room do not shop there.

Ashley Furniturescam

On May 22, 2010 I ordered a living room set with a promise of delivery of June 26, 2010. As the date got closer, I received a call stating they had a delay in manufacturing and I was given a choice of delivery of July 3rd, 8th, 9th or 10th. I opted for a delivery date of the 9th. On July 3rd received a call stating they had another delay in delivery again due to manufacturing and the choices of delivery was now July 30th, August 3rd, 4th or 5th. To say the least I was irate. I was irate not only because of the delay, but their practice of charging customers and constantly delaying delivery while your credit card is charged the amount and interest is accruing. I requested the Consumer Affairs License number from the store manager, Rob & Greg, names given and they stated that it was not available. I called my credit card and was given credit for the sale, but unfortunately they cannot give credit for interest accrued. I can live with paying the interest amount, its a lesson learn, but I cannot understand how practices of this nature can be accepted towards consumers. I researched Ashleys after this fiasco and found many had experienced the same outcome and other problems with this store. During these economic times no one can afford to have $2000.00 plus held, while they gain on people money.

• Ne
        Nena Mar 04, 2011

We bought furniture from Ashley Furniture in 09, with a 24 month no interest no payment plan. I have paid payments every month to Citi bank without any problems..now 24 months later I receive a bill for interest accumulated over 24 months..WTFREAKING ***!! I have wasted 2400 dollars just to have to pay it again in interest that never ends? Is there nothing I can do? I can't afford 24% interest and was hoping just to pay the rest off..but now I don't know what to do...please someone give me some advise...or a good lawyer..

• Aj
        A.J hall Dec 07, 2012

Dear God! I am not believing the poor treatment I have received from Ashley and there partner in crime Guardsman!
        They have not been any help and my couch just keeps on peeling! I just want my money back but the so called insurance is not
        insurance at all?????? Its a protection plan! What tha !!!I`m ready to take these guys to court! What is my other option???
        I was sold crap! I haven't even had this furniture for 3 years...and it hardly ever gets sat on but it looks like I left it outside for
        every cat in the neighborhood to claw on! So if any one wants to write me and come up with a better plan to get our money back
        from Ashley and Guardsman I`m in!!! [protected]@yahoo.com can`t wait to here from you!

Ashley Furniturebuyers beware

Feb. 15 I purchased some items at Ashley Furniture in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I paid $1250 cash and have my receipt. The store closed 3 weeks ago and now am out of luck in receiving my items. The phone # on the locked door is useless. I'm told to keep checking back in a couple weeks. The store is still full of furniture but I just get the run around on the phone. I don't know where to turn now. Their other store in Kingman closed too. I just need to talk to someone that can help me. So, buyers beware! Do not buy from Ashley Furniture!

Ashley furniture homestoresI am not going back to ashley store again

I have purchased a Sonoma - Galaxy model reclining leather (so called) sofa and couch along with an extended 5 year warranty (rip off). Turned out that this is not a real leather and a top layer started peeling off making it look ugly and a cheap quality product.

I have read a lot of people having this complaint. While one of the ashley worker acknowledged this as a known problem, the warranty people deny this as a known issue on this model and they sent my request to warehouse (god knows where it is) for them to make a decision on how to address this. I have place this request 4 months ago and am still waiting for a response from them.

Not sure what the response is going to be. But, I know for sure I am not going back to Ashley store again.

• Li
            LINDA panzella Aug 02, 2010

hi im having the same problem have a kitchen table that is shipped and stain marks ., they came to mt house and 7months later after calling them 1000 times no ones ever there, never answers a phone or return calsl its incredible that ashley does business with such a company, guardmaster FRANK DEVINE finally awardS me the table and 2 leather chairs. now a month later still never recieved a delivery DATE FROM ASHLEY now they call me back after i called both ashley and guardmaster and tell me now they cant give me table because i didnt use there cleaning produtcs really crazy . they have never even offered me any type of product when i purshased it they told me what to use and ive been using that .the product has nothing to do with the heat marks and scratches. so pissed buyers beware do not buy this from ashley after calling for so long i think that ashley owns this guardmaster its robbery .

Ashley Furniturebeware of the crap you buy from them

I purchase a house full of furniture from Ashley Furniture in Gastonia NC ...I am ok with most of it but my kitchen table has been losing the top layer of finish...I thought this table was solid wood with a natural grain in the finish but it is plywood with a paper thin vaneer on top which after only 2 years has been chipping away and of coarse the warantee is over.I always used either a table cloth or place mats when we used the table...I paid over $700.00 for this set and now it is garbage and they told me they can't do anything about it! So beware of the crap you buy from them!

Ashley Furniturethey will cheat you out of your money, beware!

I put $1000 deposit on some furniture at Ashley Furniture the balance was $2600 with the understanding that if the entire balance was not paid in full there would be a 30% cancellation fee. Times got hard we were unable to pay the balance. I called the store and explained that we were going to cancel I was told that I would only get $700 back because the store keeps 30% My husband went to Ashley Furniture store to cancel and get our $700.00 he was told when he got there that he was only going to get $235 because it was 30% of the total selling price. They then showed us some very small writing that said that. My husband was then told that we could pick out something in the store that cost $1000 and we would not lose our 30%. We picked out some furniture the total came to $1010. They then told us no we would have to pick out some furniture for the total sale which was $2600. That did not make any sense at all. We became upset and told them they were being very dishonest and they keep telling us several different stories and the they were trying to keep all of our money they called the police and made us leave the store

Ahsley Furniture — non delivery of products

It is your best interest to take your hard earned money to other furniture stores in Greenville, NC. The...

Ashley Furniturethey do not want to give me my cash back

Ashley company policy states if a refund is due to the customer it will be returned the way the customer paid. I paid 1/2 cash, 1/2 atm. They credit my atm, but wanted to give me a check in 14 days for the cash I gave them. They said I was not understanding their policy but it was obvious they were the ones who didnt understand when their own policy when they wanted to give me a check for the cash I gave them. They were rude, I was hung up on by their corporate office and they did not ccared that they lost acustomer.

Ashley Furnitureuncomfortable

I was shopping for a sofa when the salesperson told me not to go to Raymour and Flanigan because they sell garbage and they also buy Ashley furniture as well. And then they said that they don't service their own products. All lies. I bought from Raymour in the past and had a good experience. I just wanted to shop around.

When I left and drove across the street, the manager kosmo? followed me over to Raymour parking lot and tried to still sell me.

Very uncomfortable. And rude.

Ashley FurnitureI work there, it's horrible place

I have only worked for Ashley for about 6 weeks. I agree with all the complaints posted. I, even with an "employee discount" will never buy from them. I work in "customer service" and know first hand what it is . I deal with back order issues / deliveries issues / damages / customer service complaints / fees / all day long ...I can honestly say .." I do not believe anything I hear or anything I say is true" I am embarrassed of it and only stay to support my family. ...I honestly feel sorry for anyone who makes a purchase . I am sure I will talk to you at some point . My apologies in advance.

• De
                      dexterony Apr 29, 2010

I have to say that our experience was very different from what you describe above. My husband and I were looking for a leather sleeper sofa; most sleepers must be ordered, and the one we picked out was no different. We were told that it would be at least 7 weeks before our sleeper sofa would be delivered.

We explained to the staff that we were getting married in the next month, had just moved into our new house, and HAD to have this sleeper sofa for visiting guests. The salesperson and manager worked to find our sleeper sofa, and had it delivered to us THE NEXT WEEK!

Prior to the salesperson/manager knowing that our sleeper sofa would be available in the next week, they wrote up an agreement stating that if the delivery time was pushed to our wedding date, that they would let us immediately pick out a new sleeper that was readily available, or get our money back (normally you only have a week to cancel your undelivered order).

We visited Ashley Furniture in North Brunswick, NJ.

• As
                      ashleysweatshopworker May 13, 2010

Iak89
                      You are so right. I work for Ashley as well. They treat their employee's awful. They are moving the location where I work now 32 miles way from our current location. I get paid 8.25 per hour, and we will not be getting a raise. So I will basicly be living below poverty level, and having to drop my health insurance to make sure I can purchase gas, and toll cards to get to work, and maybe just maybe I will be able to buy groceries

• Go
                      gooch9 Jun 30, 2011

I also work for ashley furniture arcadia warehouse, they treat their employees horrible. The only way we get a raise is if we start talking about going union. I haven't got a raise in three years. If you work there 25 years or 6 years, you will get paid the same. This is the worst job I have ever had, and I have worked in mexico in the past. Please don't buy ashley furniture, I'm sick of working overtime.

• Ev
                      Evil Cody Sep 11, 2012

I'm currently 18 and I work at Ashley starting at 13.77 with mandatory 20 hours overtime its a great job. I do really hard work and get paid well for it. I'm 18 looking at grossing 50k+ a year. So I say Ashley is incredible... If you're a hard mother###er like me.

• Je
                      Jen Sep 21, 2012

Do they pay everyone for overtime?

• Bs
                      BSF22 Aug 09, 2014

I agree. I work for Ashley in upper management. I feel like I'm running a sweat shop. Any time I try to bring something positive to the table or take a proactive approach to my employees it gets shot down from people above me. Training is horrible. They don't give you the tools to operate efficiently. You are set up for failure from the start. If you speak up about anything, or stand up for yourself, you are chastised. I feel like I have to lie to my employees, just to keep moral up. You either convert to the Ashley way or they will chew you up and spit you out. People make decisions from miles away that, set foot in my warehouse maybe once every 2 months when they know nothing about the area or what's going on in day to day operations. Human Resources, instead of being supportive, act like they are they President and CEO of the company. Big promises, no action.

Ashley Furniture — delivery issues and damaged furniture

My boyfriend and I ordered furniture from Ashley on Jan 1st, our order was over $8, 000. Ashley furniture wa...

Ashley Furniturepoorly made furniture

I purchased a pub table and 6 chairs from Ashely Furniture in Cherry Hill. The sales person was very nice but everything after the sale has been terrible. The customer service technicians are rude and when i called today to ask for a repair to chips in my table I was told that i should have covered it and that since I didn't get the 5 year plan, there is nothing that can be done for me. I informed her that they have come out before for the same repair and she said "We've never been to your house!" Sorry lady but what happened to the customer being right and I think I know if someone has been to my home or not. She looked a little harder and saw that they had been to my house and dd not even apologize for the rudeness in her tone and basically calling me a liar.

I would not have expected damage to the table in under a year but this is already my second time calling for repairs. We had our last table for 10 years and we were just ready for something larger.

I will never shop with Ashley furniture again!

Ashley Furniture — junk

I bought their 7 piece living room for $1, 000 (actually 1, 250 total). It is total junk. The sofa and...

Ashley Furniture / Leather Recliners — the salespeople were very pushy and even &bad-mouthed&

I purchased 2 leather recliners 2 months ago (June). I received them in 3 weeks. I rejected one of them...

Ashley Furnitureliterally they suck

I shopped at ashley furniture when we bought a new house i bought 3 queen size bedroom sets living room and den, kitchen set and tables. We were told it would be in in 2 weeks.Well then they said another week okay that did not happen but we were not in a hurry. they delivered finally. they apoligized and said that never happens ok.So stuppid me tells my brother in law oh go to ashley so he does we spent 4 hour picking out furniture literly yous suck.

Ashley Furnitureas is policy stinks!

I think that Ashley Furniture's "As Is" policy is unfair to consumers. If you purchase anything off their showroom floor (i.e. lamp, rug, decoration), you may not return it under any circumstances. I attempted to return a rug and two lamps that still had the Ashley Furniture price tags on them and they would not accept them as a return. I spent over $700 for these items. My plans changed and I do not need them anymore. They have never been used. I wanted them to deliver the items instead of buying them off the floor, but that was not an option. I can't understand why they will accept something that has been delivered to the consumer as a return; but not something that the consumer purchases off of the showroom floor.

I sent an email to [protected]@ashleyfurniture.com and received a trite response from Shannon Burris as follows:

"Thank you for your correspondence. We regret that you disagree with the nature of our AS IS policy. Unfortunately, accessories or other as-is items cannot be warrantied, serviced or returned. We are sorry to have lost your business."

It does not look like Ashley Furniture cares about their customer, nor do they care if their customer ever returns!!

Buyer Beware!

• Su
                            sunflowerchar Mar 13, 2010

They sell merchandise in their stores that they don't stock in their warehouse, specifically decorations and lamps. This is much like going to a retail store and buying off the shelf. If you are interested in a specific lamp or decoration, the only way you can purchase is buying it off the "shelf". The items are brand new, never been used. They are not damaged. It is similar to a consumer buying something off the shelf from any other retailer (i.e. Target, Macy's, Nordstrom), except they can return the item at these stores.

I am not saying that I don't understand what "As Is" means...I am saying that Ashley Furniture's "As Is" Policy is unfair. In my case, they did not tell me the items were "As Is" and the salesperson glossed over this fact when I was signing the sales slip.

Ashley Furniture — delivered late and poor quality

Ordered from Ashley Furniture and was told that furniture would be delivered on a certain date (within about...

Ashley Furnituredo not buy from ashley furniture

Ashley Home Store SUCKS.
                          I paid $1, 700 for a sectional couch. Two pieces were delivered, but the third would not fit into my apartment's elevator. I was told the third piece could be "cut in half" so it would fit into the elevator. Fine. Oh and I'd have to pay an extra $200 for this service because I'm supposed to know if the ###ing couch will fit. First of all, the furniture store should be aware enough to ask questions like that, not just to get a sale. Plus, when I bought it I was in the process of moving and would have no way of knowing the dimensions of the elevator.
                          So, today my disassembled couch was redelivered and guess what, it wouldn't fit AGAIN. Why? Because, duh, the elevator isn't tall enough to fit it. The idiot who took it apart did not spit it in half. All he or she did was take the back off. No ### it won't fit.
                          So, once again, I am couchless and was told to expect a phone call.
                          Never buy anything from Ashley Furniture unless you can pick it up yourself. They're delivery is awful. And you will probably be without the furniture you bought for at least a month.
                          I say, go to IKEA.

• Ep
                              Eponymous Mar 04, 2010

If you're stupid enough to buy funiture that doesn't fit inside an elevator that you use every day, then it's your own fault. It's your responsibility to know those little details like, how you're going to get the damn thing inside your house, the width of your doorway, socks first - then shoes. You seriously think that the salesperson should ask "Is this couch too big to get in your apartment?" You fail at life.

Ashley Furniture Homestore — home damaged by delivery

I received delivery of a sofa. When the delivery guys left, I noticed two long grooves in my hardwood --...

Mississauga

Ashley Furniturebeware and stay away

We purchased ashley furniture about a year and half ago and thefurniture is so bad that we need to purchase new. we can to ashley thinking they would be a better store than slumberland but we where wrong and we will never purchs anything from you again. i dont feel i should have to pay the full amount to have every recliner fixed and the sofa does not hold up at all the leather is already wearing out. the guy from customer service was not help and the sales people where even worse if you can believe that very unhappy.