Ashley HomeStore Logo

Ashley HomeStore

Having problems with Ashley HomeStore?

1800 477 2222 (United States)
8800 505 4223 (Russia)
+1 866 436 3393 (United States)
+61 247 326 285 (Australia)
+31 644 294 732 (Netherlands)
+880 131 301 2571 (Bangladesh)
+673 267 0668 (Brunei)
+593 290 4004 (Ecuador)
+504 25 571 515 (Honduras)
+507 376 0246 (Panama)
+966 920 002 540 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 698 155 (Singapore)
+27 127 493 100 (South Africa)
+66 25 147 111 (Thailand)
1 Ashley Way
Arcadia, Wisconsin
United States - 54612-1218

Complaints & Reviews

Ashley Furniturerepair and payment

I put in a complaint 6+ months ago that when they moved my furniture they broke the leg on the couch. I have still been making my payments every month and still has not been fixed. Back in October 2010 I put in another complaint to have it fixed and a guy came a week later said he had to order new legs for the couch that are not the original legs and would be smaller than the legs that came with it. He said he would be back in about a week and now 2 months later it still is not fixed. They called me this morning asking me for my payment and I stated I'm almost done with my contact fix my couch you will get the payment. Chris the manager said he would take me to court so I refuse to make a payment. Called corporate and a Matt Wood said he would write off the account but I would no longer be able to do business with them. I said that's fine I don't think I would do business with you again anyway. He then stated that he was going to put in the computer that I didn't finish my contact. If he wrote it off I finished my contract so I don't know how he can say I didn't after waiting 6+ months for repair I think that is default on the contract on their behalf not mine so I should not be written off as not finishing my contract...

Ashley Furnitureworst customer service

These people are the most incompetent group of individuals I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Initially they wrote me in for the wrong delivery date so the delivery truck was at my house while I was at work. That problem got resolved, they came out the next day with all the wrong items and even those items were missing pieces. I went to the store and they said that someone had entered the information on the computer wrong, so that problem seemingly got resolved. I was very patient throughout this entire ordeal. The next day I never recieved a confirmation for the time and date that I had prescheduled, so I took the liberty of calling them and they told me it was en route. I told them that I was at work and could not be home and the woman on the other end told me she couldnt stop the delivery truck once en route. I called my girlfriend to see if she could go wait at my place for them, she waited six hours when it was only supposed to be a three hour window. Nobody there was able to help me and answer my question as to what was going on; meanwhile the phone no. they were directing me to was left unanswered by any customer service agent and the manager was impossible to get on the phone. Tomorrow I am going to demand a full refund which I am positive will be like pulling teeth. DO NOT SHOP AT ASHLEY FURNITURE.

Ashley Furniturelying & misleading information

I bought a bed & a few other items. They offered the no interest so I took it. I have excellent credit so why not? They lied about being able to pay online (you cannot). They refused to stop calling when I was burying my family member because I flew out w/out mailing check but wouldn't take payment on the phone either. ###s every single person involved w/ASHLEY. I am paying off this today & I will continue to tell anyone who asks just how much ASHLEY FURNITURE SUCKS!

Ashley Furniturewaste of time

I bought a sectional from Ashley Furniture in Bellefontaine, Ohio almost 2 years ago. I bought for 5 years no inetest on an Ashley store card with a line of $6500. They promised 2 weeks delivery and it took almost 6 weeks and the order could not be cancelled, they have a no cancellation policy for all orders, regardless of reason. Even after that experience, I went in there today and it proved a waste of time. 1. Their sign as well as local print ads said "NO INTEREST FOR 4 YEARS" after making our selection and checking out, we were told our purchase was 12 months no interest with no explanation for the difference. 2. Our purchase was for approx $850 and we were told loudly, in the presence of other customers that our card was denied (the limit is $6500, the balance is $830 and this purchase is $850) the math does not work out. The "manager" supposedly called someone reagrding the credit and very loudly said our name, card number, address and situation over the phone so everyone in the store could hear it. He hung up and then very loudly said it was denied and they would send a letter explaining. I think they should (and I thought were required by law) discuss credit matters more quietly and privately. So, they bait & switched me to get me in the door, lied about the financial terms and embarassed me and possibly jeopardized my financial information by discussing it so loudly. Don't go there, they are terrible.

• Po
            pobarjenkins Nov 30, 2010

Sometimes financing doesn't work like a credit card (even though they call it "credit"). How much was your sectional? Did you terms change on the credit line?

They should have given you a reason why your terms were different and they should've been more quiet.

Ashley Furniture — fraud

I ordered a bedroom set of a particular style. They delivered a different bedroom set of a different (and, of...

Ashley Furniture — customer service/delivery sucks

We purchased a sofa and loveseat, the sofa did not fit in our basement, so they told us they would return it...

Ashley Furnituresofa and recliner

We bought a recliner and couch (with recliner on each end) from Ashley at Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, Arizona. Just two months later, the leather started flaking off the back of one side of the couch, which we had hardly sat in at all! Because we had paid extra for the warranty, they sent out a repair person who "painted" the color back on and sealed it with a hair dryer. OK, we put up with that. Then just over a year later, I noticed it was doing it again AND the chair that matches the couch (which my husband uses ALL the time)was flaking also. I drove to the store to speak with them and was told nothing could be done as even though we had the extended warranty, it doesn't cover normal, everyday wear. Also, the seat on the couch was/is all bunched up and we have NO children or anyone else who abuses this furniture in any way! I left there in TEARS. This was our first NEW furniture since the early 80's and it is RUINED and looks like crap!! Because of the size of the couch and the reclining sides, I can't even get a slip cover for it. I have a comforter over my husband's chair. Now I see that the seat of his chair is flaking, too! A good friend of mine, whom I met AFTER all this happened has the same couch with problems also. Her stitching is coming apart. WOULD NOT SUGGEST BUYING ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE. When I am able to get new furniture (WHEN, I don't know!), I will be getting it second hand from Craig's List. Nothing new for me EVER again. The Ashley Furniture Stores need to be out of business for good!

sofa and recliner

Ashley Furnituretrouble returning damaged furniture

On 10/05/10 we purchased 2 ove seats and a couch from the Avondale store. They told us we would get a call to set up a delivery time for the next day.We were woken up at around 7a.m. the next morning by the delivery truck, no call to set up.When we accepted delivery on the surface the furniture look alright. Later on that morning when we actually sat down on it we found that the seat cushion on one of the love seats hangs over the edge to much and gets caught in the mechanisum when you try to open and close the recliner. this is not a loose cushion so it is not like you can push back or move it . It is fixecd to the frame. So then we tried the other recliners and found that they all had problems. We tried thru out the same day to call customer service and their line was always busy. Finally we got thru the next day and were told they would e-mail thestore our complaint. Just to make sure we went to the store and talked to store manager. We were told that they would refund our money minus a delivery fee and an additional pick up fee.A total of $159.82 that are down the drain. In the first place it is not my fault that they sent out defective furniture. I have to send it back because it is no good, why should I be carged for them to take back something they should not have delivered to begin with. Okay when we were at thestore the manager said we would be call within 24 hours to set up a pick up time. We waited more than 24 hours and no call. we called the manager again on the next day after the time had passed and he assured us that he would see to it that the furniture was picked up the next day, that was on a Friday. Friday came and went no call not pick up. We talked to manager of Sat. and he was going to get right on it and call us back, no call, no pick up. he was unavaliable the rest of the day Sat. and Sun. We asked the receptionist if she could check and see when we were scheduled for pick up and she told us not till the 15th of October which is more than a week after we reprted the problem. Today is Mon. Oct. the 11th, we called thestore this morning and talked to the same manager and told him that we needed to have it picked up sooner as we were planning to leave Thurs. on a trip. He said he would get right on it and call us right back. You guessed it no call yet. He never even made and excuse for not calling us back even to let us know they weren't coming. We wasted all weekend waiting for a call or someone just to show up like when they deliverd. Nothing, Nada I am very dissapointed that in todays economy they have no more respect for their customers than this.Everybody has to sacrafice right now to be able to buy furniture. You would think that they would check out their furniture before they deliver it and stand behind their word when thaey deliver dameged goods. I think they probably figure they'ss atleast make money of of you on all the delivery and pick up fees. Our next step is BBB and 3 on your side T.V.

Ashley Furnitureaccidental tear

Bought a couch through Beiters Furniture and purchased the Ultra Sheild 10 year fabric waranty. To cover any damages like accidental tears and cuts. When our dog got caught on the material and caused an accidental tear. I called the Ultra Sheild representative and made a claim. They told me that pet damage is not covered by the policy eveen though that it clearly states accidental tears and cuts. My problem is still ongoing with this complaint.

A.J hall Dec 07, 2012

Dear God! I am not believing the poor treatment I have received from Ashley and there partner in crime Guardsman!
                  They have not been any help and my couch just keeps on peeling! I just want my money back but the so called insurance is not
                  insurance at all?????? Its a protection plan! What tha !!!I`m ready to take these guys to court! What is my other option???
                  I was sold crap! I haven't even had this furniture for 3 years...and it hardly ever gets sat on but it looks like I left it outside for
                  every cat in the neighborhood to claw on! So if any one wants to write me and come up with a better plan to get our money back
                  from Ashley and Guardsman I`m in!!! [protected]@yahoo.com can`t wait to here from you!

Ashley Furniturepeeling leather sectional

I bought a leather sectional at Ashley Furniture Homestore at Carle Place, NY in April, 2008 along with a 5 year protection plan for peace of mind. Two years later, leather is peeling on sectional. I contacted the protection plan company and peeling leather is not covered in plan because according to them it's not an accidental damage but a malfunction damage. I contacted the store and they can not do anything for me because my 1 year warranty is over. Now i am stuck with a $3000 peeling leather sectional that is not worth two bucks. I feel that Ashley furniture did not take responsibility for their poor quality furniture I paid for. Leather should not be peeling, and more so after just 2 years of use. I will never purchase anything else from Ashley because they did not stand by their saying in the contact that states they sell qualify furniture for the price. I emailed them my complaint weeks ago and no one has gotten back to me. Not surprised.

• Rp
                    RP2012 Sep 29, 2012

I have a Superstyle leather sofa purchased from Island Furniture in St. John's NL, Canada. It was sold to us as 100% high quality leather piece - cost over $3000. Within 8 months the "leather" started to peel in areas where any movement happened, even down between the cushions. Similar replies to other posts re warranties and service. My advice is to ensure that if you buy leather furniture do not buy it unless the guarantee specifically covers peeling of the surface color. The repair jobs they do are only to get THEM to the end of the warranty period. This sofa was manufactured in Ontario, Canada. This seem like a problem in many places and only if we the consumer insist on this will it change. Don't but it without a non peeling waranty.

Ashley Furniture - Kenosha, WI — 2 months to get a table!!

Do not order anything from ashley furniture unless they have it in stock. I wanted bar height table, but of...

Ashley Furnituredeception on delivery

Purchased furniture in July, paid in full. Promised 4 week delivery date.

Started calling in August when they did not call to set up delivery date.

Was told that part of furniture on back order and not available until Sept 7th. Called in Sept and told now Sept 17th. Called on Sept 13th and now told back order until Sept 26th. No guarantees, no firm promises, no concession for the inconvenience to the customer. A deal is not a deal if you pay for everything 2 months in advance, including the delivery charge and then 2 months later you still have nothing to show for your money spent.

In this economy how can a company stay in business with this type of service?

We will never buy from Ashley furniture again. We realize it is not a high end furniture store but that should not make any difference. I order things from Target and they are shipped with fail.

Now we are at their mercy because if we cancel, they will not refund us.

So now they are willing to deliver part of our order but don't have a date for 12 more days. And at that our order still won't be complete.

This is absolutely horrible service. Save yourself the headache and frustration and shop elsewhere.

Ashley Furniture — izone bed

We purchased 2 bedroom sets from Ashley's on 8-6-10. After the last promised date of 8-30-10 we still...

Ashley Furniture — broken bed

I Just bought my bed In Feb/2010 and it now September and my bed broke. They had someone come and take...

Ashley Furniturenot made in usa

Ashley furniture advertises that their furniture is made in USA. This is not true. In fact their furniture is made in China then shipped to USA. Shipped to a warehouse then assembled. But the woods, and fabrics are from China not USA. This furniture is made so poorly.Staples sticking out, glue ozzing out. Legs snapping off.You could not give me this furniture for free. The company should be ashamed of them selfs. The company also treats there employees like ***. I had a friend that worked for the company at a store level.This person worked hard, worked over time when needed, never late, never written up. Never a Thank you, a bonis or even a raise after being employeed for nearly 3 years. This person could not take the negitave admisfier and left.

Ashley Furniturethey are the worst customer service I ever experienced

First, there are problems with the two sets kid's room furniture I ordered, they could not assembly the twin size beds together. So they took the beds back. It took me several days to finally reach somebody in their store and the customer service rep to get the status of my order (I called them many times, they always said they will call you back, but they never did). A month later, I finally got all the furniture. But lots of thread on one twin size mattress was broken. So I called the customer service again, they agreed to exchange one for me. A week later, I checked another mattress, and lots of thread on that one was broken too. So I went back to store to discuss the situation with James, who is one of the store manager. He finally agreed to exchange both mattresses for me with different brand. Three more weeks later, they call me that two mattresses are ready, but with balance due on my account. Customer services said I need to talk to the store. So I called them right away, every time, they let me hold without solve the problem, or they said they will call you back, but as usual, they never did. Finally I drove to the store, on my way there, I called them again, and want to talk to James or Wong, both are store managers. They told me James is in Lunch, and Wong is not there. At that time, I just got to store, and James was just sitting in his desk, and Wong is there as well. I don't know why they can lie just like that. Anyway, if you want to buy any furniture, forget about Ashley furniture store in Catonsville, Maryland. They are the worst customer service I ever experienced.

Ashley Furniturenightmare

I purchased a headborad along with some other things right before moving...I got to my new house and opened up the headboard that was still in the packaging from Ashley and realized it was broken. I called them an they told me they would do an exchange but I would have to drive all the way to Idaho from Utah to bring the headboard back...I couldn't just take it to the Ashley here in UT and exchange it. The floor manager was extremely rude and had a smart mouth. We ended up spending over $100 dollars in gas to drive the headboard to them and bring the new one home...and didn't get a refund, discount, apology, or anything. I called the store manager after the fact several times and he refuses to return my phone calls. Come to find out the floor manger that was so rude to me got sent home for yelling at one of my friends in the store because she was in there after the disaster with out bed happened and she was telling another customer about it-he didn't like her telling the customer and got angry and started yelling. I will never shop at the Ashley in Meridian, ID again! They were rude, and were not willing to work with me so that I wouldn't have to loose money on a headboard I didn't even damage. Ridiculous!

• Ve
                            Verysp Dec 25, 2010

We moved from California to Florida in June of 2010. We ordered about $10, 000 worth of furniture in July of 2010 and as of December 22 we are still waiting on delivery of several pieces of merchandise including the box springs/bed for my son. He has slept on the floor for the past five months waiting for the promised bedroom set to come at any moment. This is a poor company to deal with. I advise all to stay away and purchase from another vendor who will keep their promises and deal forthrightly with you. This has been a nightmare.

• Br
                            Brian C., NM Feb 04, 2013

I'm writing this because, honestly, I have no idea Ashley Furniture is even a business.. I purchased a bed from the Hobbs NM location over three weeks ago. The day following my purchase I noticed in the current paper advertisement that the bed I bought was on sale for $140 less than what I actually paid (in cash).. Mistakes happen, but I'm certain now this was no mistake. I went in to address the the issue and was rudely told they could do nothing about it and told me to call customer service.. The next four days was one dead end phone call after the next.. I got the same excuse each time.. As well as the same empty promise that they were "on it" and would call me back the next day. Of course, that never happened. Ok. Screw the money.. Where's my bed?? They have no idea. And will NOT give me my money back.. Not even with a 25% "restocking" fee.. They will do nothing, I have no bed, I'm out $570 with nothing to show for it.. The "corporate trainer" Greg Z. Gave me his personal cell number saying he would take care of the issue.. That was 6 days ago.. I call each day, and he's never once answered.. This place is a joke. With nothing but jokers working for them.. Not one single standup character amongst them. NEVER SHOP HERE.. The horror stories are ENDLESS!!!

• De
                            Deanna Madrid Feb 16, 2013

On Friday February 15th I had a bedroom set delivered and they damaged my walls. I had them painted so it was very obvious to see the white chalk from the sheet rock and paper protruding from the walls. I called customer services and filed a claim. Today I hear a message about the fact that we signed a liability waiver and the claim was denied. This was intentional by the delivery men. I believe they cover themselves so that they do not need to be careful with peoples' homes.

Ashley Furniture — warranty guardmaster

hi im having the same problem have a kitchen table that is shipped and stain marks ., they came to mt house...

Ashley Furnituredon't purchase from them

I purchased a couch back in April, returned it immediately as quality was extremely poor. It is now mid July and after having spoken to numerable representatives including Managers such as Area General Manager Anita Anzar and local Sales Manager Hector Gutierrez, I have nothing good to report about the customer service I've received or better yet, complete lack thereof. I have been treated rudely, been outright ignored, accused of lying, and worst of all, gone in circles chasing less than $400 for a return a month and a half after I personally returned the poor quality couch I received.

From the beginning, the salesperson that sold me the couch lied to me, claiming he was unaware of the % discount a previous representative informed me of, but would "do me a favor." I was later told by another salesperson that this particular person was known to lie to customers. Since the return, I've been accused of not having returned a cleaning box associated with the purchase and was charged $40. I was told the return wouldn't be processed because of the cleaning box, which had been returned but not entered in the system. This dealing was with Anita Anzar who spoke me rudely. Then 10 days later, seeing no return, I had to go back into the store in order to actually speak to someone. At this point, I was told the couch was not entered as returned.

It is now three months past the date of purchase and my return has not been received. My latest dealing was with representative Tay to address her promise to me that I would receive the return no later than this past Wed. It is now Friday. I was told that it was processed with no offer to help further. At a complete loss of what to do as I have not received any return calls from the customer service line [corporate] either, I have to say that I will never purchase from Ashley Furniture again. This store in Ahwatukee has completely tainted and demolished Ashley's reputation. Futhermore, I will look for every opportunity to recommend that anyone I know does not purchase from Ashley Furniture. Ashley lost any business I would have given having just purchased a new home and any chance at a good referral.

Ashley Furniture Storethe whole store

I bought my furniture from Ashely Furniture about 3 years ago, and I already got rid of it!! After the first year, I had to replace the couch. My husband and I live by ourselves, we don't have any children, and we got a 5lb dog after the couch started falling apart. We both work 40 hours a week and rather go out than have company. All in all the thing doesn't get used that much and it looks like it came from a dumpster! Anyways, this all took about a million phone calls, a million arguements with them, a half dozen emails to the BBB and Attorney General and about 5 or 6 reps jsut come look at it, and all we got was new material to put over the couch. And yes, they will make up lie after lie after lie to try and weasel their way out of their crappy cheap furniture. I have heard it ALL!

The last rep, finally we got a nice customer service rep, blunt out told us that he would never buy furniture from even Macy's. All the new modern furniture is junk, its just the way do it now. My husband told him about a couch he bought from Goodwill when he first moved out on his own and it lasted forever, and the rep told him you're probably better off by doing that. When my husband called the store where we got our furniture he said the guy actually felt bad, and sounded like he was waiting for us to call. And when my husband told him about the whole Goodwill thing, he said the guy sounded like he choked up. lol

Now we finally have cheap handmedowns furniture that are lasting alot longer than Ashley's Furniture and actually look alot nicer! We lost about a grand, but atleast we lived and learned before going back to that hellhole!!

I had pictures, but I threw them out along with the $1000 worth of trash!