Having problems with Angies List?

Angies List reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 15, 2011. The latest review Landscape was posted on Mar 15, 2021. Angies List has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 15 reviews. Angies List has resolved 0 complaints.

Angies List Customer Service Contacts

1030 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, Indiana

Angies List Complaints & Reviews

Angies ListLandscape

We entered into a contract with San Antonio outdoor Living and Robert Thompson in early February. The scope of work included a new pergola, outdoor kitchen new sod, and irrigation, moving and extending an existing fence > Robert told us this would take him two weeks once he started.

After a week's delay, Robert's crew started work on the property. After two weeks they completed the pergola, sod, and fence. We paid him the 3rd draw and he vanished. The site was left unsafe and many projects were started but not finished. Debris was left all over the property, and they destroyed our driveway with the trucks. Based on the contract and the incomplete jobs he owes us $7500.00 he will not return phone calls and if you can get him he will tell you want to hear then never show up. Now his phone mailbox if full. He stole 7500.00 from us and left a mess for us to clean up. The damages are in the thousands. Very shady business and a big scam.

Feb 15, 2021

Angie's List — Unvetted vendors

I contacted angie's list and received names of two contractors who seemed vetted and I contacted them...

Angies ListBQ transport llc

This company is no longer accepting phone. Calls or answering emails. It's been almost 4 months and no word about settling for
    The damage they did to my tall oak cabinet! I can't even open it and some of my important files are in there! You should not be supporting
    This. Company. I don't think they are in business anymore!
    I called 3 of their locations and just get a fax like tone!

Dec 11, 2020

Angies List — Unauthorized credit card charges, fraud, theft, misrepresentations

I wanted to sign on with Angie's List and planned on doing so once I met their minimum requirements such...

Jul 20, 2020

Angies List — Arch angel construction company

I hired this company to put on a new roof & to build me an Arizona room out of my back patio. I stupidly...

Angie's Listadvertising my hvac services

When I started setting up my account with Angie's list (not even finish my online accounts) they got me providing my business bank account, and they said my monthly will be $400 Dollars but I didn't commit for it because it's too much.
      Meanwhile I dint know that they already started of withdrawing the money from my account...no leads no fallow-up from them about the on-going business. They said I'm not picking up my phone but they not even left a message with regards to the leads, or at least gave me a warning that my business with them is already started since six months ago.
      Anyhow, I just found out from my bank that my business account is already overdrawn because of them.
      When I spoke to them they said...when I sighed up I already agreed to everything which is I'm not aware of just because No leads or work that' I'm getting or coming from them within 6 six months.

Jan 19, 2020

Angies List — unethical behaviors, hidden 35% (of $3,600) cancellation fee.

I investigated Angie's List for a repair business I was planning operating on a business license, not a...

Angies Listcontractor referrals particularly trugreen

So here's the deal with Angieslist.com once they have your info they freely submit it to their "approved" providers even if you don't select them. What happens next is a nightmare. The random contractor then contacts you by phone. Repeatedly. I mean like a different sales person each day from a different phone number. You can't even block their calls. In my case it was Trugreen. I never even considered them but they were on the list. (They also have horrible reviews.) So I guess my advice is use google not Angieslist.com then do your own research. It will save you the frustration of dealing with aggressive sales people on a daily basis. Once your phone number is out there you can't pull it back. I have literally begged Trugreen to stop calling me.

Angieslist.com — charged for nothing

I never permitted them to renew my membership, however, they did it for some reason. I also never permitted...

AngiesList.comImproper matched reviews of customer to contractor!

We are a well known and trusted Roofing-Siding-Windows contractor here in Boston for the past 30 years whom Angies List repeatedly tries to recruit for membership.

Angies List has a bad customer review listed stating we are a "scam artist".

Ads by ZINC

Upon a new recruitment call from Angies List they informed us we had only 1 bad review on their site. I informed them I do not know this client.

I explained to the recruiter we have competition in this area with names very similiar to ours and you must call this reviewer back for clarification and remove us from this bad review, then we can talk further about joining Angies List.

I was told the review cannot be changed once entered (rather Angies List could not be bothered to correct the review)

I ask you all...Isn't the purpose of Angies List to introduce good contractors to homeowners through proper vetting?

This is the basis of Angies List existance.

Or...is it just to make money with complete disregard to hard working and honest contractors.

A USA Today article states Angies List stocks have fallen 50% in 12 consective months and most analysts have a bear stance on this company.

Forbes headline article states: "Aint it time to say goodbye to Angies List"

Yes, I think so.

Angie's ListUseless service

I really needed to find a doctor and decided to try Angie's List. It was an emergency and I did not even had time to check the reviews. So I signed up and paid some money for their service. When I wanted to check the doctors list I found out that I have to pay more!! What? So what for I paid before?? This site is a total scam, you basically have to pay for every click! Ok, since I really needed a doctor I paid again and then I found out that there are no reviews!! There was just a list of doctors, their addresses and phones, but no information like how professional they were, are they trustworthy or not. Useless website!

Angie's ListRip off alert

Scott Veerkamp is a member of Angie's List...? I have filed multiple complaints against Scott. Please take time to review the following information... Warning Letter To Scott Veerkamp From The Office Of The Indiana Attorney General. Warning Letter.pdf (51 KB) Scott Veerkamp is the President of the Franklin Township School Board and a member of the National Association of Realtors. Please ask Scott to post a copy of his WARNING letter from the office of the Indiana Attorney General. In addition, please encourage Scott to provide a written response to items 1-16 on this website.

Items 1-8 in group A: 1. I have documentation of a WARNING letter that was sent to Scott Veerkamp from the office of the Indiana Attorney General. 2. This letter was sent to Scott in November of 2008. 3. Here are the questions I have regarding this letter: A. Is a WARNING letter supposed to be an example of how Scott Veerkamp was "exonerated" by the office of the Indiana Attorney General? B. Can Scott post a copy of his WARNING letter for the public to review? 4. Please explain how a $1, 440 Yield Spread Premium "protects and promotes the interest of your client." FYI: The federal government has banned the use of YSP. 5. Please explain how a $4, 799 Yield Spread Premium "Serves Others First." This is in reference to your OTHER client in Wanamaker, IN. 6. Please provide documentation that shows how you "protected and promoted the interest of your client" when you attempted to sell a $120, 000 property on a land contract with a "due on sale clause." 7. Please explain how you honored your fiduciary responsibility to your client when you made approximately $26, 000 on a $120, 000 property listed with REMAX Central in your own neighborhood. 8. Please provide documentation that shows how you "did your very best" when you refused to conduct an open house on a property located "one block down the street" from the house you were living in. Items 9-16 in group B: 9. Apparently, $26, 000 was not enough money to justify Scott driving "one block down the street" to conduct an open house on the $120, 000 property. 10. David Worley used to work for Scott Veerkamp at REMAX Central. Scott had an appraisal conducted on the $120, 000 property in response to my complaint. The appraisal was conducted by Bill Worley. Are David Worley and Bill Worley related? 11. Scott refers to me as licensed real estate agent. I would like for Scott to provide documentation that supports this statement. 12. Please explain why you removed my property from the multiple listing service after I filed my complaint with MIBOR. How was I supposed to sell this property if you refuse to conduct an open house? How was I supposed to sell this property if you remove it from the MLS? 13. The National Association of Mortgage Brokers stated it is not necessary to pay an application fee. Please explain how a $960 application fee keeps the interest of your client "first and foremost." 14. NAMB says processing fees are a violation of their code of ethics because "they're generally not related to any actual service performed by a broker." Please explain how a $500 processing fee "protects and promotes the interest of your client." 15. Scott ran an advertisement in Christian Phone Book with the following statement: "We will do our very best to help you get the lowest possible interest rates at the lowest possible price." A. Please provide documentation that explains how a $4, 799 Yield Spread Premium represents "the lowest possible interest rate." B. Likewise, please explain how a $960 application fee represents "the lowest possible price." 16. ISBA Code of Ethics: Please provide documentation that shows how you "met the responsibilities to your community" when you steered people into high cost loans. I look forward to a written response from Scott Veerkamp on items 1-16.

• In
                  intellex58 Jul 12, 2011

Sounds like someone is pissed because they can’t unload their house that is reminiscent of a crack den. Instead of facing the truth that your house sucks and nobody wants it, it is just easier to blame the realtor.

Angie's List — Scott veerkamp scam

AngiesList.com — Lousy Big Deal

The big deal works like this: you get an email from Angie's List with a discounted service (tree...

Angieslist.comStay away

Angies List is a for profit business that attempts to give reports on good expereinces and bad experiences on business's around the US.

Angies List advertises that, companies do not pay to be listed on our service, consumers do.

BUT,

Nothing stops business owners from paying for the service and writing something positive about their own business..

How do consumers know that the person posting something positive about the business does not have financial gain from doing so?

• To
                    tomhorn Dec 30, 2013

I agree with stay away from Angie's List. I'm a small business owner who has never agreed to part of Angie's List but had a customer that posted a positive review and with just that it put us on there list without any options. I found out that we had two other reviews about our company that was posted on AL that I haven't done business with, one positive and on negative. After a long ordeal and dealing with Angie's list CSR I would say that there business is really flawed and can hurt a small business. Something should be done about this as that one bad posting could of cost us who knows how much business. What keeps a bad business from posting good reviews to booster there ratings? NOTHING, so it is BOGUS flawed business model. We never wanted to be a part of Angie's list social media process and feel like we are being forced to be a part of it now. Something should be done about this.

• Ho
                    hotrod351 Dec 23, 2012

agree with the statement = stay away, i know for a fact that they will let unlicensed contractors post on there site. AirServe is the worse. they only have a business license, no contractors license for the heating and air conditioning work they falsely advertise as being licensed for. what a joke.

• Jc
                    jcmann01 Aug 20, 2012

Yes, I business can and sometimes do write reviews to enhance their own reputation, but this is not the norm for most businesses, unless they are trying to counteract a lot of bad reviews, which make their attempts terribly obvious. If this is your only complaint about Angie's List, they must be doing OKAY.

• Ke
                    Kevin Jun 28, 2009

BUT,

If you want to do a more detailed background check on business, I reccomend going to the Better Business Bureau.