Having problems with HomeAdvisor?

HomeAdvisor Customer Service Contacts

1877 800 3177 (Customer Service)
+1 303 963 7200 (Head Office)
14023 Denver West Pkwy, Suite 200
Thu6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 4:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HomeAdvisor Customer Service. Initial HomeAdvisor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HomeAdvisor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HomeAdvisor. Discuss the issues you have had with HomeAdvisor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

HomeAdvisor Complaints & Reviews

HomeAdvisorAddition to my bedroom

Home Advisor recommended a contractor to do an addition to my bedroom, I've used Home Advisor in the past and everyone that they recommended to us was straight. This company, Connecticut Framing & Construction that you recommended is bad business, On 10/30/2020 I've signed a paper that was supposed to be a contract, which turns out to be papers that was consisted of the materials that he will be using, and the down payment and the cost of the whole project. On 10/30/2020 I've gave Tim Larson a down payment of $18, 000.00 and from that day on it's just been lies. He couldn't even provide a plan nor a down payment for a permit. My suggestion to you is not to recommend this business to anyone. Tim Larson is a Con - Artist!!!

HomeAdvisorPlumbing repair

I contacted Home Advisor about repair of a leaking pipe connection. I was given the name of a local plumbing company who gave me an appointment for about 6 days later. I then received a call from a person supposedly not affiliated with that plumbing company who claimed he was available that day to fix the problem. He claimed he would cut out the offending portion of pipe and replace. When he came he instead applied a rubber patch which he claimed would solve the problem. Was paid in cash. After he left, the pipe continued to have a small drip and after about a day later, the pipe sprung a major lead during the night which caused a basement flood. He did not answer my call and email. I found a real plumbing company who replaced the leaking pipe at a substantial cost. In my call to Home Advisor they claimed they no record of Terry Ivey Handyman Service who obviously had access to their system and performed the botched job.

Oct 30, 2020

Home Advisor — Contractor referral

I have used Home Advisor 3 times - once for handymen, once for a long distance moving company, once for the...

HomeAdvisorIron works

BNJ Iron Works, Inc., does not live up to the company's guarantee of "one year warranty on workmanship". The iron gate installed in 9/2020, at my house was not leveled and so it does not close easily. The latch on the gate was welded on incorrectly, not leveled, and the base of the rod was only partly welded. The
      paint on the gate was poorly done, was not dried properly, the bottom of the gate was not even painted! BNJ would not correct the problem. I will not use BNJ again, and anyone looking for an iron work contractor, should look somewhere else.

HomeAdvisorContractor never showed up.

Thru Home Advisor I hired Beach City Renovations for door and dry wall repair. A few weeks after the quote, I called the Owner, Rob Saltarelli making the appointment (3) weeks in advance. My Wife and myself took the day off work to go over other projects with Rob, but he failed to show up. When I called and asked him if he was coming, he said "My Bad, I forgot". He asked if he could come next week and I told him good-bye. We will never do business with Robert Saltarrelli and Beach City Renovations.

Oct 07, 2020

HomeAdvisor — Paint job

I was contacted about 10 seconds after filling out what I needed done online. It was a paint job. Two 10x10...

Oct 07, 2020

HomeAdvisor — Incompetent handyman who didn't finish job and is not responding to texts

Complaint about Home Advisors: I contracted through Home Advisor for a handyman to do 2 jobs for me, totaling...

HomeAdvisorRoof repair

I am upset and disappointed about a request I had made to have my roof repaired. It was scheduled on monday at 8am... Got an e-mail a couple of hours before the scheduled time saying that it needed to be cancelled. They rescheduled for friday, same time. Guess what, had to cancel again! This is totally ridiculous and very poorly managed. I had to cancel appointments on both days to accommodate these professionals who never showed up. I would never recommend or use this site ever again.
          Also, how can they give you an estimated price without even coming to view the job??? Also, how can they give you a date and a time without even having anyone scheduled to do the job??? Sounds like a big farce to me.

HomeAdvisorFail

Cannot recommend

I requested a quote, and a service provider expressed interest in my project. Homeadvisor sent a 'link' to the provider, but the link was dead. I sent them two emails requesting a fix, but they did not respond.

Not only am I not talking to the provider, but now my reputation is damaged because they know who I am, and they think I am ignoring their offer - all because homeadvisor's system is flawed.

I cannot recommend homeadvisor.com. I would avoid.

HomeAdvisorI have been ripped off by you guys for the last time.

They keep trying to run my credit card for leads I do not think it is in any business best interest to do business with this company. They lied to me and several of my customers and people in my network of people who did business with them. Then they tried to send it to collections. Getting robbed by this company was one the things ever I was unable to pay my bills and had to ask friends for help my wife and myself are disabled veterans.

• Gi
                  gianni badeau Nov 19, 2020

Same thing here! After being pressured year after year, i thought i'd give them a shot. They said you won't be charged if you don't click on leads. Did not click on a single lead and they billed me $279 also after my 300 dollar credit, I was pissed told them to cancel, they said they would. 7 days later they build me for another 444 dollars. I lost my mind! I want my money back, I didn't click on a single lead! This should be a class action lawsuit!!!
                  Gianni Badeau

HomeAdvisorPool service

I hired & scheduled the work, I took the day off and waited they where no show no call, then that night they took my money out of my account for more than agreed over $500 I have tried to talk to them 4 or 5 times each time I was on hold for almost an hour then every time when they found out what I was calling about they hung up
                How can they expect to stay in business?! I wish I had done my homework

Aug 18, 2020

HomeAdvisor — Fixed price division

On August 13th called [protected] to book a service. Spoke with Stephanie who took the info on the job and...

HomeAdvisorService / lawncare

I noticed a charge of $78.00 on my credit card for July 25 but I did not receive any services for that month.

My name is Melinda Craft please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com
                  if you need anymore information or to contact me

Thank you for your time.

HomeAdvisorHarassment

For years you keep trying sell us leads even after nicely explaing that this does not fit our business model.
                    Now Christian christian.r.[protected]@homeadvisor.com called last night after hours and we paid our answering service to send message to our on call Tech.
                    This is inappropriate and I want to know what will be done about this ongoing issue, no means no.
                    Sinserely
                    [protected]@modernpi.com

Jul 17, 2020

HomeAdvisor — Booking service department

I scheduled, booked, and paid in advance to HomeAdvisor Booking Service Department to have the following work...

HomeAdvisorExterior door repair

On 7/8/20, I submitted a request to have an exterior door repaired. I submitted a payment of $201 as requested. Later that day I received notice that no contractor in my area was available so I submitted a Cancellation Notice and requested a full refund. I received no response from homeadvisor.com! I have called their Customer Service but got no answer! I conducted a Live Chat and was provided an email address of [protected]@book.homeadivsor.com that was not a working email! I simply want a refund!

Home AdvisorHandyman

To hom it may concern this is the worst experience I ever had with a professional company you sent me three handymen in three weeks time and the job still haven't got done the first handaman came and told me he was book up and to make another appointment for him to come in 3or 4 days I call u guys and told you what happened you told me that you would send me another handyman and you did he came did not have the right tools for the job I went and bought every tool he needed and he steel didn't get nothing done he mand a bigger problem in my backyard with the cement he left I haven't heard from him I been calling him but no answer I want my money back in my account and for u guys to send someone out here to fix the problem the he made you sent someone ouy to day that I did not ask for and charge my bank account again return my money before I get my lawyer involved thank you. Glenda allen 678/558/6856

Apr 23, 2020

HomeAdvisor — Clogged toilet

I'm filing a major complaint against a Antonio Simpson of All Around Maintenance.. First off, he...

HomeAdvisorIt only took him one hour to fix the troubling, yet I was charged the full &113.00 that you said was for 2 hours

Your web site said they would need two hours to fix my plumbing problem. It only took him one hour to fix the troubling, yet I was charged the full &113.00 that you said was for 2 hours. If I had gone to any plumber in town that hour would have only coast me $85.00. Could you please explain to me why I was charged for the full 2 hours he was here at 7:30, not the 9:00 that it was scheduled for and out for hereby 8:30. Just not understanding? K

HomeAdvisorSaying when he will start, the poor wood material so many not hole's

my ph number is [protected] feel free to call me.I believed he took 'advantage of me, cause I am an old man could n't understand him' He try to share me 1000 dollar's for a building inspector.City doe's for free. You may not believe me but i am an old man and veteran' Milwaukee wis. 53214

• Updated by jose e ayala · Mar 18, 2020

I am an old man didn't understand he was going to charge me 1000 dol to have a building inspector come and insp. The city no charge! It was Home Advisor that send him please call me [protected]. jose