Ontario Energy Group Logo

Ontario Energy Group

Having problems with Ontario Energy Group?

Ontario Energy Group Customer Service Contacts

1800 510 4047 (Customer Service)
+1 905 287 2503 (Inside the GTA)
5155 Spectrum Way Unit №302
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada - L4W5N5

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ontario Energy Group Customer Service. Initial Ontario Energy Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ontario Energy Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ontario Energy Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Ontario Energy Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Ontario Energy Group Furnace Rental

I had taken over a rental contract after buying a property almost 5 years ago
I didn't sign anything to do with this company I just took over the payments when we bought the house
5 years later I just need to refinance but they've put a lien on the house so I can't do anything unless I pay like 20K which is ridiculous I could buy 3 furnaces for that amount of money.

Oct 26, 2020

Ontario Energy Group — Over charge for buy out of contract

I had taken over a rental contract after buying a property almost 5 years ago I had signed a lien for...

Oct 14, 2020

Ontario Energy Group — Warranty and service

We purchased a 50gal hot water tank from OEG with free installation and parts and labour free over the life...

Ontario Energy Group Air conditioner

In the middle of the very long heat wave in toronto, the air conditioner we are renting from oeg (already paid over $ 6000.00 by now) stopped working. I mean it's working... But not cooling. I live with my two elderly parents with health conditions and two young children. So we called the service, technician came, looked, "fixed" and left. Nothing changed. We called to cancel. Costumer service is so rude and ruthless I have no words. Even though we are over 5 years of the service, they keep telling us we have a contract for 15 years which is useful life of equipment. Well this equipment is not useful anymore. So they said if we cancel today, we have to wait 60 days (hopefully my parents survive by then) and then pay another $ 2000.00 and some, plus $ 750.00 for them to take the unit back. I forgot to mention that a salesman got my elderly father to sign the contract, even though he is not capable of any decisions for a long time, his english and understanding of canadian contracts are very poor and he believes anything he is told without questioning.

Jan 28, 2020

Ontario Energy Group — furnace and air conditioner rental

July 7, 2015. 5:00 p.m. salesman came to door, claimed he was here on behalf of OEG and the ONTARIO...

Ontario Energy Group furnace rental

I am trying to terminate my contract on the 5th year anniversary.My contract states the installation fee will be waived if my account is in good standing at anniversary date .My account is paid to date and no money is owed.The contract also states that mileage fees are only applicable if the mileage is over 2 hours which it is not .I am willing to pay the removal fee of $800. plus the discharge fee of $200.00 but the people I am dealing with will not accept my proposal and keep insisting on my payment of the installation and Mileage.
      In order to get this resolved I am having to hire a lawyer.

Ontario Energy Group furnace rental

Horrible company.

Please. If you are or have been a customer of OEG than take the following steps to fight back.

1. Call them and give them a chance to make you a fair deal. (Spoiler alert.. not likely)
        2. Make a complaint with the Ministry of Business and Consumer Services.
        3. Contact the Better Business Bureau
        4. Start a Small Claims Lawsuit! It's easier than you may think and only costs $102. Start by creating a Service Ontario Account. Complete the wizard and serve your plaintiffs claim.
        5. Join the class action lawsuit by Harrison Pensa. Maybe we will win and you could get compensation!

Good luck everyone who has to go through this. If you do need to terminate the contract. Don't pay the inflated buyout price. Pay the cancellation fee, let them remove their equipment. You'll save a lot of money this way. New furnaces and air conditioners of similar quality only cost around 2k.

Visit my website www.OEGcontracttermination.wordpress.com for more information.

Oct 31, 2018

Ontario Energy Group — tankless hot water heater and air conditioner

I was told it was a rent to own agreement and that I could buy out after 3 years at a lower cost for the...

Jul 30, 2018

Ontario Energy Group — ontario energy group... rent to own 2014 contracts

I had sign a contract with my family present to a 4 year Rent to Own Furnace which I had to dispose of...

Hamilton

Ontario Energy Group — furnace door to door sales

Someone came to my moms door promising her all kinds of rebates if she got a new furnace from them and...

Toronto

Ontario Energy Group door to door salesman

My parents fell for the Energy Group Scam my parents now pay more for their energy and heat pay a fee for their furnace and owe more to buy it out then the furnace is actually worth they are screwed and its this companies fault my parents dont understand all the ins and outs of what they signed at the time when will the ontario government step in and help out all the people affected?

Ontario Energy Group and Home Trust Company — furnace/air conditioning and hot water heater

In 2013 a person came to my door representing OEG. He was selling air conditioning, furnaces and hot water...

Ontario Energy Group furnace / air conditioner

I was deceived into signing up with Ontario Energy Group to take a new furnace and air conditioner. I am a senior living on a very limited budget, but the sales reps did a lot of posturing to give the impression that they are part of a government program. When I Googled them, the auto fill must have mistyped and it brought up Ontario Energy Board. I saw the legitimate government website.
            Ultimately as I became more and more suspicious, I came to know that this company is hot on the consumer watch/complaint sites. However, I did not make the discovery until after the installations were completed and the 30 day 'cooling off' period had passed.
            As things stand, my financial situation is forcing me to sell my house (I had told them as much at the outset) and they assured me that it would increase the equity in my home. The house has virtually no equity as it is and now I have to worry about how this exorbitantly priced contract will affect the sale. Additionally, OEG puts a lien on your home (which affectively makes selling it impossible) and OEG and Home Trust have each run credit checks on me without my knowledge or consent.
            They are now demanding nearly $20, 000 to put the matter to rest and threatening me with a Notice of Security / Notice of Sale to exhort a payout. Based on Fraudulent Misrepresentation, outright lies and broken promises the Consumer Protection Act requires that the vendor cancel the contract without cost - which they should have done months ago. I have now submitted a statement to the Investigations Unit, Consumer Protection Branch, Ministry of Government & Consumer Services and am prepared to testify in court against OEG.
            There are numerous issues, and looking at the internet reviews, there are many other people who have had less than satisfactory dealings with this organization. They are flat out misrepresenting their product, services and credentials.
            Let's hope court actions hold these swindlers accountable (they have been charged and fined before). They need to be prosecuted or put out of business to protect the public.

• Cc
                cccopycat Jun 24, 2016

Hello, please contact me at [protected], I would love to testify in court against these immoral grave robbers.

Thanks,

Collette

• Mo
                moniq Jan 06, 2018

some sales man came at my door, he was there to inspect my furnace and he told me my furnace was old and he wanted to see my bill when I showed him he said I was paying way too much and he could get me a new furnace and ac ad save me money with the rebate blah blah blah... I signed up not really thinking really and not looking into it as he seem to know what he was talking about, he made me initial front and I remember he said I would make 5 years payments to initial that box and I did I thought 5 years goes by fast and payments were 120 a month witch was a lot but then I would save with the new furnace I payed into this almost 5 years and I decided to call them see how much I still owed to pay it off the lady told me it was a rental and rental was for 15 years now I am stuck with this furnace and a/c and my payment keep going up every year did the math and by the time the 15 years is here ill have 32 000 payed into this furnace and a/c and it still wont be mine when I called I ask why I never got rebate they never return my calls if I want to get out of this contract its like 12 000 or 14 000 where I had already paying into this for over 5 years now like give me a break I freeze in winter cause I cant afford to pay gaz and the furnace and a/c bill can anyone tell me how and what I can do here as soon I wont be able to pay this bill any more with all that is going up...

Ontario Energy Group — free boiler / furnace / water heater scam

4 March 2016 Dante Espinal (possibly a fake name) came to our door as an Ontario Energy Group representative...

Toronto

Ontario Energy Group — fraudulent / unethical sales tactics

January 19, 2016 - 5PM - Whitby Ontario Ontario Energy Group knocks on the door. Demands to know if I am the...

Ontario Energy Group furnace and ac inspection

Person came to our door saying that they do inspections because the laws for coolants have changed, and wanted to see the unit. I Google them and found out that they are misrepresenting themselves by implying that this inspection is mandatory, when they are in the business of selling furnaces and Ac units. I learned a lesson; Ask them to wait until you check them out.

Ontario Energy Group — door to door salespeople

It's that time of year ago, when those PREDATORS come out to PREY. A person knocked on my door today, When I...

Ontario Energy Group bullying and scare tactics

They came to my door today and told me they were inspecting all air conditioners and furnaces to ensure they meet the new 2015 government standards and would replace them if necessary. I told them they were new and didn't need replacing. They insisted that the standards had changed and they needed to inspect everything whether they were new or not. I told them to get in touch with my landlord (I am the owner) and they immediately changed their tune and were quite polite other than telling me to get my landlord to get in touch with them to ensure the safety of my children...so, once they knew I couldn't authorize anything, they were polite and went on their way.

Ontario Energy Group — trespassing and theft

I have an older child at home that if you were to meet, you would know that she could not authorize any...

Ontario Energy Group false and misleading business practices

Sales person misrepresented the OEG relationship with Ontario Government, and with details of Bill C51, as well as being completely untruthful regarding the reasons for wanting to inspect our HVAC equipment. Aggressive, dishonest and ultimately rude. He was not granted access to our home, period.
                  Subsequent google search by me showed dubious credentials for this company.