Amerigascharge to pick up their equipment

G

I did not get propane from this company for over 2 years. Each time I called and asked for a propane price it was different because I didn't use a lot. I asked if they sell me the tank so I could get propane from the lowest priced company. They would not sell the tank to me. So I told them that I would be buying my own tank. So I did and I called and told them to pick up their tank they said that they would charge me and I told them that I would not pay them but they picked up their tank and I now have received a bill for them picking up their tank. I originally did business with Backus Oil and they bought them out but most people have gotten rid of them because they charge much more than everyone else.

• So
    solson Jun 06, 2016

June 2016 - looking at the current Fed report on residential pricing (Oct to March 2016), price per gallon is 2.016. Why am i charged 3.712 in California? It costs 100.00/month just to keep 3 pilot lights on (wall heater, water heater and stove). Not being able to price shop is criminal. Think I'll write a letter to my legislators: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

• Di
    disappointed customer2 Aug 08, 2012

I have been a loyal customer for 14 years and my husband at least 5 before that. We have dealt with constant delivery driver problems, being lied to about drivers trying to deliver when NOone has come to our residence.

• Fr
    [email protected] Nov 07, 2011

Hi Resister. You can contact your local AmeriGas office to get the current price of propane. You can find your closest office at the following link: http://www.amerigas.com/find-amerigas-propane-locations. Or, if you prefer, you can email your account details to Fran at [email protected] and we'll see how we can assist.

• JuliePooh51265 Oct 20, 2011

Actually, fuel prices change day to day. That's why it changes everytime you call.

• Re
    Resister Oct 20, 2011

Purchased gas on 12/09/09 it was 287.44 purchased again on 1/06/10 it was 352.94 purchased again on 2/17/10 it was 245.00 I feel that they charge whatever they want It depends on whoever answers the phone when you call.

• Sp
    spookchaser Sep 02, 2011

I could have written your complaint with the exception of the twenty seven years.
    Had them for about twenty before I moved.

• My
    My Mia Sep 02, 2011

Always run out of gas even though im on an automatic delivery. The company does not answer their phone and when they do and you schedule a delivery they never show up. I have been a customer for over 27 years tired of the horible service, im moving on!