America's Servicing CompanyAwful service!

A

We've been paying our mortgage since this company took our mortgage on time. But it was only beginning of this year that the income was very tight and we required a little help. My friend told me that their mortgage company gave them a 2 month break just to be back in track, and that's w/out interest at all. So that gave me an idea to try it with our mortgage company.

I called today, but unfortunately i was told that their company don't do such a thing. The only way they can help us is to delay the payment and then they will submit us to collection agency. We don't want to be under collection agency, we are asking for a little break. Don't they even have any compassion or heart to help those in need. I've read a lot of complaints about this company and we totally agree with them. As a matter of fact, we made a very big mistake of refinancing. We use to be under Countrywide and this broker name Anita Adams called and gave this all nice offering about how we can make our mortgage better but it was the reverse of it.

We wanted so bad to lower down the interest rate of our present mortgage but because of the bad economy we were forced to used our credit cards to meet our needs and we think that's the cause why our score went down. But were never late and we made sure that all our debts are paid on time. It was only during the beginning of this year that we started to have our financial difficulties.

We hope you can help us in our situation, and we hope that this company learned better ways to accommodate their clients and not choking them. We understand its business, but in any situation there is always consideration and solutions.
Hope to hear from you and thank you very much for your time and your website. At least our voices can be heard, thanks a lot!

• Mr
    mr mario Apr 22, 2010

TO ALL AMERICA'S SERVICING COMPANY CUSTOMERS LISTEN UP IMPORTANT INFORMATION THIS BANK CAN NOT FORECLOSE ON YOUR HOMES THEY ARE ONLY SERVICERS OF YOUR LOAN THEY ARE NOT THE OWNERS OF YOUR LOAN OR MORTGAGE NOTE, THIS MEANS THEY HAVE BEEN SOLD! GET A GOOD LAWYER AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND STOP COMPLAINING.FROM [email protected]'COM

• Ge
    george Apr 08, 2009

- American Servicing Company does not and I repeat does not want to work with anyone. I owned a large mortgage company for 15 years . I had a pretty fixed prime rate on a home that I purchased with a large downpayment - my income was documented. Until last July 2008, I ran out of money. Instead of firing all of my employees or getting a governement bailout - I used my personal savings and credit to keep my business open. I have not had a paycheck for 1 and half. Yes we downsized. I put my home on the market in March 2008 and no buyers. Even if I could have sold it - would have had to come to the table with 87k - forget about the 100k in upgrades I did to my home. For the record, most of us could afford the home at the time we purchased them. Now with job losses or business failures, cost of living going up, health care skyrocketing - and let's forget about divorces - people are losing their homes. I called American Servicing and started the nightmare of a loan modification in August 2008. I was told in order to qualify - I could not have my home on the market. Not that anyone could get finaning for it- I faxed my documents -- to American Serving 29 times. The Hurricane Ike hit Houston - we were without power for 2 weeks - not complaining - natural diasters happen - no, we did not any help from Fema - had insurnace but guess what my ded. was 10k - nothing was covered - job loss, food and minor damage to the home - remember I had already - thankfully - cashed in my stocks, bonds and savings 2007 when the market was up) to help my once very profitable mortgage survive. We were told that there was a moratorum on mortgage payments for 3 months - The payments would be waived till Dec 15th 2008. On Dec 3rd a Letter arrived at my home stating that I was ineligible for a loan modification - I asked them for a worksheet of how they calcatulated this or what the plan was - I was given a line the investor runs the program several ways - Basically they spoke to me in circles. On Dec 18th I got notice that my home was set for foreclosure on Feb 3rd. 2009 I contacted - CCCS - that was joke, I called Hope Now - not eligible for that program live in Texas - and told to reapply for a modification- which I did. Now I bore with all the inconsistent letters that were sent to me throughout this living nightmare - All of my coorespondance were by certified letter, fax and I taped all conversations. I even had one lady tell me that she would not have been behind on her mortgae payments. I requested a breakdown - which is the law to disclosure how they calculated my new principal balance. - 3 certified letters went out. I got another letter stating that once again I was inelgibile for the modifications - still trying to figure to this day - why the 3 month Hurricane payments were still tacked on - no explanation. Sent more certified letters and verbal requests - i was told those certified letters just probabbly go into junk mail. Well, I contacted them on Jan. 30th (friday) both the trustee and American Service Company who has totally ignored all my written requests from validtion, produce the note etc- Oh yeah I sent all letters to the 3 or 4 addresses they would give me. I packed my house up over the weekend all 4333 sqft - and moved - On that Monday - i contacted them and told them - they won - I lost and I moved out - Well, american company told me - Oh we postponed the foreclosure for 30 days. I asked what am to do now. What's the plan - explain fees, should I move in, why was I declined for my modication - what figures are you using - Keep in mine -i don't set my clock in morning - 8:00 they always call everyday. Well my sister went to my home to check on it that Sat - There was a man in my home - changing my locks - Now they did notify me of anything of the sort - i realize in my mortgage deed they can go in if the house is abandoned etc - but this was not the case. That Friday before the breaking and entering by the mortgage company, we were going over my problem - from the begginning - I always had to start from the beginning because I felt I was speaking to an alien or my the doorknob or just banging my head on the cement curb. No mention of entering my home and changing my locks. -I did win one small battle - I spoke to one lady after all of this had happen - begging them to return the keys to my home - they were in a little concerned about that screw up - - I asked the one human who I spoke there at American Servicing Company - what would you have done if you were told you were going into foreclosure on a Tuesday and had small children - Would you not have moved out - She said Yes.. it's just their policy at wells Fargo or whoever owns my note - to torture you and wait till the day before foreclosure - so if they foreclosure on you - most people get stuck and leave their possessions behind for the mortgage company to seize - the sherriff - throws them out in 48 hours so their trapped. What a little game. My current status - I live with my parents, my stuff is in a storage unit, I just got my keys back for my house on March 31st - I discussed with them, that we could do a deed lieu of foreclosure but once again I was not eligible because my house had not been on the market for the last 90 days. I tried to tell the lady that I took it off the market to get a modification and try to sell it when the market came back - - So on May 5th - and I praying they make my day and foreclose - My neighbors are upset about the grass - I am going to sue them. They have violated every law in the book - Everyone has problems in their lives - people are not wanting a hand out, they are simply asking for help. It would make more sense if people stayed in their homes and made payments - The banks do not want to work with anyone. They have already gotten the money from the government - If they sell the house for $1, they made profit. We should have never given them any money. there is no motivation to work with anyone. yes there were loans that were given out that people should not have gotten. The media has exagerated the sub prime market. I worked with Doctors to Sheriffs who had gone through a bad time - health reasons - divorce or job loss - oh yeah they don't lay off by your credit score - We found that people who had problems in past were so grateful to get second chance - they paid on time - In fact, they could no have got any other credit like these people who lived on the credit cards with 700 plus credit scores -(their time is coming) they had one payment to worry about the mortgage - yes the rate was higher - 9% to 16% when I started - but what is rent - 100% interest. We are headed to bigger problems - people 's retirement were their homes - now that's gone. - anyone who wants find attorney or know one please - email me [email protected]

• Uv
    Uve Been Had Dec 06, 2008

I agree with the employees here. Most people want special treatment and or to take their anger out on someone. Start with yourself, the originator, RE agent and loan [censored] that sold you too much, too easily.
    ASC has been fair to me, but I have a fixed rate. The bigger picture is you are playing by rules that don’t apply anymore.Your stupid FICO scam score will be worthless in 2 years as hyper-inflation, 20% unemployment, gold at $10, 000 makes your score what it is now, worthless. You’re dream home will be worth 30% less in 2 years.
    You’ve played by the rules and looked what happened? You’ve been had. Suck off the Hussain Obama teat. Him and Pelosi had inherited a mess and will make it worse by printing 30 trillion fiat dollars.
    STOP buying on credit. My 16 yo car runs great.Too much house? Jingle mail. RENT.
    Its all crashing folks .Salvage what you have and hunker down.
    Google Peter Schiff, David Walker

Robert Sanders Nov 24, 2008

I and wife have had the same problem with ASC, I called them three month ago, to have my mortgage modification done.
    The representative stated that as of 09/08 it would began. Two months later I called to check on status, another representative stated that I would have to pre-qualify all over again. Soon after a payment came out and ASC had place our loan in a possible foreclosure position.
    Now we are at their mercy to keep our house.
    I never dealt with such bad, crooked, misleading companies in all of life.
    Pass the word people who can need to drop ASC as soon as possible.

Jackie Oct 12, 2008

TO ASC President:

I have my loans with ASC, and when i call to ASC...i ask first to be treated with exceptional services as is the supposed ASC policy and it is the message you hear at the phone when you are waiting for them. Firstly and for almost all the times, it was terrible the communication because they were defensive. Recently, I found to Mr. Jordi lieying me about the reasons which my forbearance was extended recently.

Late this week when i asked only to talk with a customer service that bring exceptional services, i could talk. I got an excellent service and incredible information. I was aware that my loan modification was being approved for the lender several months ago just later i finished to pay my special forbearance agreement as agreed. I have never got a call or a letter telling me about that when i call them in a regular basis. Just now, all is under investigation including American Servicing Company.

It was incredible to hear someone in loss mitigation to tell me that my loan was changed to another forbearance (a type of special forbearance) because the investor request for that before modify my loan on January 2009. I thought that they were suggesting that i must accept this reason without sense and clue. I belong to a minority community and i generalized they could think that we are not instructed persons which it is not true.

Wow! In my experience managing my case direct with ASC for one year, i could tell that the ASC representatives are good when we are accepting as good and reasonable all what they want to say...but when you seems to refute, do not accept reasonable or you rise a defense they seem to act like defensives persons.

Going back to the discovery of my loan modified, i asked to my CCCS Agent call in a three way calling for he can verify and write down the findings. Later talk and hear the same non sense explanation, i did ask immediately for a supervisor since that someone in a superior position it must understand what all of this means... i was not ready to hear more non sense reasons even when i have wide knowledge of real estate, modifications, short sale and loss mitigation. My CCCS representative talked to the ASC Representative but she again repeated the same non sense explanation. I did entered in the conversation for explain my point of view, and I read to her about what did say my Temporary Forbearance Agreement that in effect was not a special forebearance; and not even was an condition for get my modification as all of them wanted that i believe.

These are some clauses in my temporary forebearance agreement which it was really an extension very beneficial to ASC when i have been paiying $2, 200 monthly for last 7 months.

1. The indebtedness of the refenced loan is considered of entending a Forbearance Agreement.

2. The lender is under no obligation to enter into any further Forbearance Agreement, and this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of the lender's right to insist up0n strict performance in to the future.

3. The lender, at its option, may institute foreclosure proceedings according to the terms of the Note and security instrument without regard to this agreement.

*********************************

The ASC Representative had no words to me. She placed me on hold for 4 minutes and she came back to ask me for give to ASC several days for verify what did really happen with the modification approved. CCCS asked her about any mistake and she assumed that some wrong had happened but i would need to call back in three business days. What will happen i will know soon...

I AM NOT HERE FOR BLAME ANY PEOPLE...I AM HERE FOR RECOGNIZED THAT ASC Representatives are worker like us and trained for ASC interests; but i would like to tell them create conscience because this difficult situation lived in US could reach any of them in another or very similar situation later.

I THINK THAT JUSTICE IS LAW. I hope to get a good workout with my investor since they are working with HOPE. My case is managed for an attorney and two another government agencies since that i found a TILA Violation in my documents.

The most important thing to mention here and i would like this complete message will reach the board of director and officers of ASC is that that:

1. The US Real Estate market in in depression. The lender will never need more homes stand up in a line for months to come.

2. They will be costing a foreclosure that it is a loss for the investor.

3. Each day there are less qualify borrowers since we have a national crisis not only to credit level if not due to unemployment rates are increasing.

4. The investors does not want to forgive the loan princicpal to the actual owners who really cares for the home just at this time and they will do what ever is in their hands for hold the home, but they insist in foreclose for to sell under market value, or county appraised value later. They will loss more going to foreclose that they would negotiate with the actual owner.

5. I THINK AS REALTOR AND ACCOUNTANT THAT THE ONLY MORE REALISTIC SOLUTION FOR IMPROVE THE US REAL ESTATE MARKET BENEFICIAL FOR BOTH PARTIES WILL BE ADJUSTING THE PRINCIPAL TO THE MOST NEAR CURRENT MARKET VALUE THAT SELLING AT A LOW CURRENT MARKET VALUES.

a. NOBODY will like to kept his home belonged to a BUBBLE PRICE when the Real Estate Market crashed and we know that it would take several and long, long years to be near to this bubble again. The investor who think that the home will got a increased value in the near future are not being realistic. Why we will need to maintain a home if i could get the same for $100, 000 below. Later or soon all these homes that kept the homeowners in a disadvantage situation in comparation with the current market and situation will finish in FORECLOSURE due to the insistency of lender to kept the highly bubbling price.

b. Maintain the current owner living at home in their homes with a pricipal reduction to 15% to 25% of the current market value will be acceptable to the lender's discretion in regard to the percent forgiveness.

I consider this option the only more beneficial for all the parties envolved.

Thanks for your time and suggestions it will be accepted.

[email protected]
    c.

mARGARET JONES Sep 15, 2008

I was told to go online to make modifications on my monthly payments (I changed checking account) now im worried since i see all these postings about hard to get ahold of ACS...I want to refinance this loan and get out of the hold of this company...you know what, they are all hard to deal with and are remote...Ive dealt with many loan companies and let me tell you it feels like ive been thru ww2!...they all trade out after 6months to a year to other companies...so thats common, not just ASC...they are all hard to get ahold of...cause they dont have the staff to deal with all the incoming calls...their pr is the same they are hear to help...but where are they actually?...

• Ki
    kill asc Aug 26, 2008

fyi:
    i may not have enough resource to get out of this asc via refi, but i sure do have enough to go fly across states and wait for someone from their "po box" and... well be more convincing in person than over the phone.

this is for people who want to do something about them.

i am fed up with asc.
    ps: alittle mail laced with poison ivy doesnt hurt either.

• Pi
    Pissedin90305 Jul 31, 2008

These people are not the least bit interested in helping you save your home. I filed BK 13 and the home was SOLD ANYWAY. I had to get my attorney to undo the sale that is after the new owners showed up at my house!

To this day they are able to read me notes stating that the loan is in bk13 but cannot explain why their screen isn't coded correctly. So my trustee sends over my payment -which they are supposed to accept, and they return a CASHIER's CHECK in the MAIL for 1100 dollars. I have been waiting a week for this check to resurface.

I ended up dismissing the BK after the sale had been stopped and the reinstatement payment had been made and the Foreclosure dept will NOT re-code the computer to show that their attorneys received the money although I have something in writing stating that the file has been closed and the reinstatement was done! It seems to me that the Foreclosure dept is the ONLY dept who has NO CLUE of what's going on. AND THEY DON'T CARE.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put another sale date on my house. And when they do, I am suing the HELL OUT OF THEM.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 23, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at [protected] and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

Kaitee71 Jul 22, 2008

Some of you may have seen me on msg boards like this, anyway I am going to tell you a little more about my situation with the great ASC... My house was going into foreclosure, like everyone elses, long story how we got there its was 50/50 fault, so we filed for chapter 13 and got back on track with our motgage payments, then Febuary 2008 our interest rate went up 1.5 % ($311) may not sound like a lot but it was when they never added tax and insurance in... Well we asked if the would do a modification on the loan in I thought March, they say May, either way we didnt get a letter from them till July 19th, Letter was dated July 11th . The Auction on my house was today July 22 @ 1pm So I called first thing monday am and did exactly what the letter said (in part) "...or to file for an extention you have to fax a hardship letter and finacial statement to us with in 10 days..." OKAY so I did. I faxed it over monday AM. I called about 8pm that night and they said they received it and to call in the AM (tues) to find out if the extention went thought. SO I DID, they bounced me around only to tell me nothing had happened as of yet to call about noon remind you the auction is suppose to take place at 1pm.. SO I called yet again at 12:30 to get bounced around a little more and I got SAMANTHA again (who I originally talked to on monday am) and she was such a ***, she said nothing was signed, which im sorry but there was this glimmer of hope and so little time to get everything faxed I did forget to sign it... She and the other people I talked to said that it usually takes 48-72 hrs for the extention... GRRR SO my *** is WHY DID THEY EVEN SEND ME THE LETTER!!! and tell me I had 10 days! My house is gone... and I except that.. but it infuriates me that they would even send that KNOWING that it takes 2-3 days for an extention to go though.. I know alot of you out there know what I am going though and by the looks of it there are going to be a lot more!!! I should add that I didnt get the letter untill the 19th becasue of the foreclosure we were having our mail held at the post office because we were moving... GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THESE SERVICING COMPANYS!!!

• Valerie Jun 12, 2008

Wow! Didn’t know there were that many out there having the same issue with ASC. We, just like the rest of you, started our loan modification well in advance so that when it came time our modification request should have been handled. Of course when we started calling about the progress we were informed that all we sent in was out dated, since they sat on it for 3 months.

We went ahead and sent everything in again and in the meantime we were told NOT to make a payment if we couldn't make the new payment. I was told that late charges would not incur nor would it be reported to the credit bureaus. I have since then re-faxed our information 2 more times and was told they were expediting our request and would soon be assigned to someone. Calling again and again... We were also told to make some kind of payment and we were never going to be assigned to anyone.

Well to no avail I still tried one more time after waiting again for the time line to pass only to find out that our file was closed. I believe that if I could walk into the office my concern and want to have a house over our 2 and 4 year old children might actually sink into someone’s brain.

We have not had a single mark, late, or default on our loan and apparently means nothing. Maybe we should all get together for a class action suit!!!

• Pa
    Patty May 22, 2008

I am going through the same thing with ASC on top of my husband having two major strokes at 44. They are horrible, they do not work with you, there has to be something that we can do, right now I want to pull my hair out. They say I am behind on my payments, which I am not, I get so many different answer from them, there are incompetent.

Joan Roberts May 07, 2008

I have been trying to get a loan modificaion since March 2008.

I have faxed information twice. They were suppose to send me forms to fill out regarding financhial status. They have told me on three different occassions they had sent the forms. I have not received them yet. Supposedly the forms are in the mail. The last time I called they told me to make up my own.

They are either overwhelmed with work, or whoever is in charge of mail is not doing their job. I know the US Postal Service does not take two months to deliver mail.

I wish I knew what to do.

• Do
    Dominic Apr 10, 2008

First off, Kathy Weller. <b>you are an idiot</b> "JUST IN TIME" service that ASC provides it's customers is their only means of paying your payments online, whether they are the first of the month or the last day of the grace period, it's a $10 to $20.00 charge for the ability to pay online. Funny... I do all the banking and bill paying online and the only company that charges me a fee for actually giving them a direct wire transfer of funds is ASC and GMAC. Which is F-ing ###. You are paying online so they (A) get their money fast, (B) it protects you against a lost or stolen check in the mail and (C) from me having to write a freakin' check to being with and pay our lovely america worthless postal system who rips us off yearly with increases for crappy service a FREAKING STAMP that is .50cents. Give me a F-ing Break!!!
    BTW, if you call in your payment to ASC they charge you a $20.00 dollar fee for a phone call payment, I think that they must mistake themselves for TICKETMASTER!

Now, complaints on holding payments to make them late, Definitely happens with ASC. I can tell you that I've made payments by phone direct debted and by internet and receive a confirmation number (they even ask you if you want the payment applied to your account today) I say YES always. Then the payment doesn't hit my account for 3 more days, which they when they are giving me a confirmation number they are applying a late fee after they note the money in there account, not when I've received the confirmation number which states that my payment is accepted and should be noted on the account, that instant.

Then there is the issue that ASC taking over mortgages from other companies, yet claiming your owe them money for a payment before they took over your mortgage, but they weren't the note holder. They should know this, especially when I have a letter from them and option-one (previous mortgage company) stating when I'm to make my 1st payment toASC. If ASC needs to get it's money mid-month before they took over a loan, they should know who in the hell the acquired the note from and go and get their damn money instead of harrassing it's customers for payment and then
    forcing a foreclosure on them. Unfortunately for them I won my case only to have them LOSE another personal check that came with a Cashiers Check, threw the attorney they hired to represent them, so don't give me this ###, that they don't screw up bigtime. Because they've been ###ing me over now for 2 yrs and they still won't make amends for their mistakes and mishandling.
    If any of you want to band together on a Class Action Lawsuit I'm all for it.

Karen Mar 20, 2008

I don't normally post messages on line but after reading the stories on this sight about America's Servicing Company, however, if my story helps even one person, it will serve it's purpose. I fell victim to ASC/Wells Fargo request for a payment of over $3, 000 to Suspend my Foreclosure during my Loan Modification review. Prior to making the decision to sending them the money, I specifically asked several of their employees if my money would be refunded if a Loan Modification could not be worked out and/or if I was unable to pay the modified loan amount. I was told "YES". so like a fool, without getting it in writing, I sent them the money. Upon Approval of the Loan Modification, my payments INCREASED over $400 per month, which I cannot pay. I then, requested a refund of the money I paid. I am now bing told by ASC Loss Mitigation, Wells Fargo Collections, Wells Fargo Legal and Liquidation department they would never make a statement like that, the payment I gave them is "Non-Refunable". Had I known this was the case I would never have sent them the money, as it was all the money I had in the world. After seeing everyone's comments here, it is very clear that ASC / Wells Fargo is taking advantage of distressed homeowners situations.

• Ta
    Tania Mar 19, 2008

same hapend to me, i bee asking them to waive the late charges... I pay every month, but i pay late... we also have financial problems.
    They send me to a "helpline" but they said "I am sorry mam... there's nothing we can do"

• Do
    dorothy Mar 13, 2008

I read this article carefully and am offended that apparently you think all of these people are uneducated or lazy. I read everything before I sign and personally I don't care for asc. I don't really have any problems but I would like to be able to pay online without a fee as I have always done in the past with our other holders. I sympathize with these people who have legitimate problems and I must say our payment has been lost by the company more than once( sitting in a lockbox I bekieve I was told) This is certainly not as easy to straighten out as you would indicate. If I had my choice which I don't I would not use this servicing company.

• Gl
    glenn k Jan 25, 2008

do anybody know if it is really a freeze on arm loans?

Robert Jan 19, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KATHY AND UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU JILIAN AND MARLA....I DISAGREE....
    IM A ASC CUSTOMER....AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, I HAVE NO COMPLAINT ABOUT THE COMPANY OR THEIR CUSTOMER SERIVICE, THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT AND I HAVE APRECIATED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE!!!

JULIIAN......YOUR COMMENTS IS VERY...UHH...HOW DO I PUT IT...FUNNY? LOL....ARE YOU GONNA GO ALL CALL ASC AND TELL THEM ERIK AND KATHY HAVE POSTED THIS ON A COMPLAINT BOARD?? HOW DO U EVEN KNOW THEY WORK FOR THAT COMPANY.....??? EVERYTHING KATHY POSTED ON HERE IS VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION.....ALL YOU PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE REALLY GETTING INTO WHEN BUYING A HOME...THIS IS NOT TO BASH ON ANY OF YOU.....BUT JILIAN THINK ABOUT EVERY POINT KATHY MAKES IN THIS COMMENT....IT MAKES SENCE!!! ASC DOES NOT HARRAS THE CUSTOMER...IF YOU HAVE A COLLECTIONS REP CALL YOU AKING WHERE YOUR PAYMNT IS....THIS IS NOT HARRASING YOU!!! IF YOU DONT WANT THEM CALLING YOU...JUST PAY ON TIME!!!

AS TO MARLA....JUST BECAUSE YOUR WORK IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY...THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU KNOW "EVERYTHING"....IM ALSO IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY AND HAVE BEEN FOR MORE THAN 17YEARS.......AND YET THERE ARE STILL THINGS I LEARN ON A DAILY BASIS.....
    AS TO PEOPLE NOT FOLLOWING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES......WHO'S FAULT IS THAT??? ITS NOT THE SERVICING COMPANY'S FAULT.....IS IT THE CUSTOMER FAULT?? OR IS IT THE MORTGAGE REPS FAUL BECAUSE THEY DIDNT INFORM THE CUSTOMER WHAT THE CORRECT PROCEDURES ARE???,,,,,YOU SEE..THIS INS A CIRCLE...THERE IS NO END TO THAT ARGUMENT....
    AS TO PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE BEEN HELPED IN TIME".....THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.......PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE" BEEN HELPED PROBABLY DIDNT SEEK HELP UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.....OH...AND ITS THE COMPANY;S FAULT......LOL....DONT BE RIDICULOUS....

LIKE I SAID ASC'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING.....I KEEP WELL INFORMED OF EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON MY MORTGAGE ACCOUNT......I CALL THEM AT LEAST 2 TIMES A MONTH TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY.....
    AND THAT WHAT WE SHOULD ALL DO, NOT ONLY WITH ASC BUT WITH EVERY MORTGAGE COMPANY .....AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG,,,,OR THERE'S AN ERROR....DONT CALL AND BE AN ### ABOUT IT WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, TALK TO THEM AND LET THEM KNOW WHATS GOING ON...THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND CHANGES AND EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR LOAN!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.....AND IF SOMEONE IS MISTREATING YOU AND HARRASING YOU...MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISOR OR A MANAGER...OR TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE...........
    THIS JUST SEEM LIKE AN UNGOING COMPLAINT PAGE ABOUT ASC..............U SHOULD JUST BE INFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cy
    Cyndy Malia Oct 16, 2007

My husband & I fell behind in our payments (our fault) so we did the repayment plan & received a letter in Sept 07 that we we all set then 2 days later we get a letter stating that our loan & seriously deliquescent. My husband called & asked what happened they told us that the payment we made in Sept for 1630.00 the 1300.00 went to fee's! We were never told this & the girl @ ASC was very rude & really didn't have a clue!!! Now we can't refinance b/c of this When we thought we could. I am hoping by Jan 08 we can get rid of them & just to let everyone know when you refinance you can request that your mortgage CAN NOT BE SOLD!!! Trust me we will be doing this!!!

• Da
    David Ford Oct 15, 2007

Last year I they sent me a letter stating my Flood Insurance was too low. They said my minimum had to be $182,00 to cover my loan. This year, they said my property was expired in July, when it didn't expire until Sept. Now they sent me a letter stating that my flood Ins. again is too low.

I called them and asked what the minimum Flood Insurance is required for my home, and they said $182,00. But beings that I now have $200,00. In homeowners, I either need to lower my homeowners to match my Flood or increase my Flood to match my homeowners. I think it's time to re-finance through a reputable Mortgage Company

Keep in mind this is the same company that takes a week to process payments.

David Ford.

Maria Oct 14, 2007

After reading all these complaints. I feel for all these people. I swear I got a headache just reading about this company. I am not a victim but unfortunately my poor dad, his loan is manage by this evil company. I don't understand why the government is not doing nothing about it. If supposedly the SEC had investigated New Century and Ameriquest for fraud. Is SEC also looking into this company as well? Or are they doing everything according to procedures and regulations? I wish people do a boycott in not purchasing homes. I swear here in Southern Orange County the prices are ridiculous and to top it of you have to deal with companies like ASC. I think this is a serious issue that needs to be address to someone.

I cannot believe the complaints on this company. What is the point of getting a loan with a certain mortgage company when later on its going to end up with companies like ASC. If it wasn't for the consumers this company ASC will not be in business. Just like we are bring them business we can also put them out of business.

God bless and hopefully things get better for homeowners. :)

• Di
    Diana Williams Oct 13, 2007

I refinanced my home I purchased in 2-88, and this loan sold 3 times from 8/6/-06 to 10/1/06. First, Citinet, Option One, and now this riff-off company. I can never get the same answer two different employees, either in Customer Service or Loan Mitigation. They are trying to raise my mgt pmt from 1143. to 1579./month, based on paying my homeowners and real estate twice. I applied for their loan modification program (of course) when I requested their application. Gee Whez, the forgot to put the application in the envelope. I have been asking for 2+ months for a recap of my escrow account as they double paid both taxes in insurance in 08/2006. I still have not received that info, and I have until 10/17/2009 to overnite $3000.00, just for them to consider my application for the modification.

The first woman I spoke told me that it takes 35-45 days for approval and no monies would be collected until the modification is/maybe approved. Then they tell me 3 days ago I have to have the money up front. I do not trust this company, that is owned by Wells Fargo Bank. Which I was one of their customers for a long time, and was surprised that they solisitate their own customers. Also ACS says they do not have my loan/escrow documents or copies of the tax assessors' billings. So where do they pick these numbers from. The loan mitigation rep said that the $3000.00 is refundable, should I not be approved ( which is what I expect them to do). But I'm one step ahead of these people.(I hope). Plus harassing calls, even after I had just talked to them looking for 2 answers the same from this unethical company. I think a class-action suit is in order!!!

James Emerson Dixon Oct 12, 2007

We fell behind on our mortgage due to loss of job. But once I got back to work, we called ASC and they put us on a payment plan that we have followed to the letter. We just received a letter stating that we now owe $13,410.98 which is several thousand dollars than before we started the payment plan.

We were told that if we followed the payment plan we would be up to date in Febuary. This is unfair!!!

Jody L. Dunbar Sep 17, 2007

I had my mortgage loan with GMAC mortgage when it was sold to America's Servicing Company. The first payment due to ASC was July 1, 2007. On July 3, I was called by one of their collections representatives, telling me my payment was overdue and I had assessed late charges already. I tried telling her that due to the transfer/sale of the loan, I would not have late charges on my loan for the first 60 days of the loan. She got very belligerent and started yelling. She said there was no such thing and I already had late fees assessed. I again tried to explain to her, but she started yelling again and I hung up on her. I hit redial on my phone and the number went to a private residence. I called their Customer Service number and talked to a rep there and told them what happened. The rep apologized but could not tell me who had called me. He said they might out service their collections but that I should not have even been called by their Collections department, but should have received just a "courtesy call."

Last month, I made my payment online. When I got my loan thru GMAC Mortgage, I was told that they don't often sell their mortgages, but mine was sold off 8 months after I got it. With GMAC, there were no fees for making payments online or making them over the phone, however last month, I find out that ASC charges outrageous fees for payments done both ways. Seems that checks are more paperwork and manpower than online and direct debits. In addition to the outrageous fees they charge, I found out they "accidentally" set my escrow account up incorrectly and I wasn't getting any interest on the balance in there. On top of that, I got a letter from ASC, telling me that I had to have a minimum of $832 extra in my escrow account at all times and said that my deed of trust said the mortgage company could request this. I have never had a mortgage company doing this. I called ASC about both issues. They were supposed to be sending me the paperwork showing where they could request a minimum extra amount. It's been 3 weeks and I'm still waiting. As far as the interest on the escrow, they said it could take 45 days to figure out.

• Mi
    michael s Sep 06, 2007

My mortgage was sold to ASC last yr. I have never had a late payment till last month when my ID was stolen. The sad thing is that I called ASC to check on my direct deduct payment because the ID thieves had used the account from which I pay my mortgage. The person I spoke to was very helpful and told me my payment went through and that I was not to worry. I asked the ASC rep. to notate my account per our discussion, and she said she did.

The next thing I knew I had 2 hits on my credit report for late payments. I called into ASC and the rudeness began. After which they asked me to mail in a hand written explanation for them to review.

Its just too hard for me to continue because this situation has really changed the way my family and I live. I can no longer refi my house becos of their practices... gotta stop here it hurts too much.

maria ballesteros Aug 27, 2007

We have a similar case that we are going thru right now. We purchased wind and hail insurance, payed for it yet asc have added the amount to the escrow which we have to pay again. I know it is wrong and every representative we have talked to has different reasons about the issue, they do not know what they're talking about.

Sarah Leach Aug 21, 2007

When my husband and I bought the house, we loved our mortgage company. But like always it was sold to these crooked people. A year later my husband was injured at work. We could do it on my income alone. We filed bankruptcy and they are making us pay for there attorney fees and late fees and other fees. Did I also mention that we have not grace period now either. IF my payments are not there on the 1st of each month they will foreclose on our house. What a bunch of ingrates. It has been the worst experience ever. I wished that I still rented!!!

Rosa Shaw Aug 18, 2007

This is an example of ASC reps - This person is obviously ignorant of the true meaning of customer service. I am in the mortgage industry and have been for nearly 10 years in many capacities. What this person fails to understand is that the average person does not deal with any of these policies or procedures on a regular basis. It is our job to help people though the process. That is what fair lending practices are all about. We are not talking about a pair of shoes here.. These are people's lives and homes. Yes many people that fall into trouble because they do not follow the correct procedures.. and yes many people do not give this a high priority.. they are focused on other cares... THAT is where the loan servicer is supposed to step in. I work with people regularly who if they had been helped would have been able to get out of the situation. Unfortunately the attitude displayed here is what most people encounter... It may be true according to the letter of the law. However, if ASC would make a decent effort at including true customer service in along with the correct letter of the law, things on both sides would be improved. I have participated in conference calls with many of my clients to force the issue and have the rep explain concerns in laymen terms and have been astounded at how rude many of the reps were.

So Yes Kathy - your “legalese is correct”. But your ignorance is astounding.

• Ge
    Gene R. Snape Aug 14, 2007

Hi, We have fallen behind in our mortgage payments for a couple of months due to illness. They sent us a financial info form that we filled out and have been trying to fax in to them for several days. None of the fax numbers seem to be any good. Please help us smb. We have the supporting docs to our situation and would like to do a loan modification. We go into foreclosure after 8/15. c775a.

Advise smb!

• Je
    Jerrell Aug 08, 2007

Effective July 1st, 2007 (ASC) America' Servicing Company forced insurance on our home increasing our mortgage payments monthly by $1,000.00 USD. That additional $1,000.00 they are charging only covers the dwelling with the limit of liability coverage of $182,000.00 for replacement of the home; which did not include any flood insurance. The annual premium amount totaled $3,399.00. On Friday, August 3, 2007, we purchased our own insurance costing us $4,600.00 annually from a company of our choice which also includes flood insurance; our insurance covers the dwelling for $204,000 as well. After placing a down payment of $1,900.00, we still have to pay monthly payments until the premium is paid in full. They are now telling me that i have to keep paying them the $1,00.00 until they receive a refund from the insurance company the had chosen for us and that we also need flood insurance for the same amount as the dwelling $204,000.00; that is unheard of even here in Forida. Now we can't afford to keep paying their extra cost every month and our cost for insurance and eat as well as other monthly responsibilities. It is as if they want people to loose their home. It has been nothing but drama with this company.

• Li
    Lillian M. Herrmann Aug 08, 2007

Because of my move from the state of Washington to Arizona, I never received the property taxes on a rental in Texas. When I realized my mistake, I paid the taxes last May. Not knowing the taxes were split into county and school, I paid the county taxes and sent an official copy of payment from Bexar County to ASC, after speaking with a representative of ASC. Within two weeks, I received a notice that they had not heard from me and would be opening a new escrow account on my behalf if they didn't hear from me in a certain length of time. Once again, I called ASC, told them I had sent them a letter along with an official copy of payment. They suggested I fax them a copy of payment, gave me the correct fax number, etc. I had Bexar County fax them a copy of my payment, all to no avail. A week later I received a letter saying a new escrow account had been set up since I was delinquent in paying my property taxes. I finally understood that the county and school taxes were split. I called the school district, paid the taxes and had the school district return ASC's money to them. Now, I am being sent letters from ASC stating that they had acted on my behalf and cannot close the escrow account. I am ready to take legal action. I have paid my taxes in full. I never gave them my permission to open another account on my "behalf." I have called them, written to them, faxed them information and still I feel like I am talking to a brick wall! What else can I do? Lili.

• Da
    David Dietz Aug 05, 2007

About a year ago I refinanced my home. I moved it from my previous lender I will call Mortgage Lender #1 to Mortgage Lender #2. Neither are America's Servicing Comany (ASC). Neither of my mortgage holders have ever had dealings with ASC and have according to them not released any of my info to ASC. ASC has made a false and fraudulent claim to my property and have begun foreclosure proceedings. Let me repeat!! _ They are not nor have they ever been my mortgage holder!! I have an attorney and we are suing for harassment and the PA Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection is also involved. Complain loud if you are having trouble with this disgusting company!!

• Ri
    Richard Civello Jul 30, 2007

I have repeatedly tried to contact this company to inform them of my mortgage payment status. When I call the number automatically transfers me, and then says it is "unable to transfer" then hangs up. I need to clear up my mortgage payments immediately to prevent foreclosure on my house, and have been unable to speak with anyone for WEEKS!!! This is in my opinion one of the reasons so many people have been put into this position... inadequate banks!

• Ji
    Jilian Jul 28, 2007

Wow by the information you and Erick have documented, I can already tell that you all harass the customers. FYI anything that is documented could be utilized in court. Everything that you have on here is a representation of the company you work for. My company would have me fired for putting the things you have on here. ex. insane people, bipolar meds. If your company truly believed in customer service, I don't believe you or Erick would be part of that organization any longer. Anything that you put down could be seen by the CEO or the President of your company. Just think would he be proud of what you wrote or would he feel as if you've damaged the company more by confirming the allegations?

John Smith Jul 12, 2007

No offense but for a company who assist subprime loans it sounds like these poor people have subprime customers. In order to not sound stupid I would recommend you guys read up on your loan documents before going crazy over this company.

• De
    Deborah Leonard Jul 11, 2007

We pay our mortgage on time every month and every month we receive foreclosures documents. We pay our taxes separately and they escrow funds for our taxes without an agreement to do so. I have paid approximately $ 10,000.00 in late fee's for current mortgage payments. When you call them, send them copies of all payments, etc., they say its cured and the next month i receive the same foreclosure notices. They should not be in business.

kathy weller Jun 28, 2007

Re: Americas Servicing Company

This is to all you folks who really don't seem to know a gosh darn thing about mortgages and I am here to enlighten your lives with a bit of information, especially if you are all over the internet trashing america's servicing company. Lets start with the facts first.

#1 when you sign documents at closing, you need to be reading what you sign and if you don't understand it, ask questions. After all isn't that what your forking out the big bucks for the attorney and the title company for?

#2 Just because you have an escrow account , doesn't make you exempt from having the responsibility to provide proof of your insurance if your loan is transferred. Wake up folks, its still your loan and your insurance. Lets grow up and be responsible.

#3 For all the complainers who say I didn't ask for my loan to be transferred to you people, but did you ask at closing if your loan would or could be transferred or read the documents that said indeed you will?

#4 Be educated on what a SERVICING company actually is. A servicing company is a "servicing "company ,which means ,they collect money. The fees that you pay to make phone and internet payments are called JUST IN TIME payments, it is a convenience to be able to pay last minute. How many places do you know where you can call and make a payment on something the very last day for free? I don't know of any, all credit card places are the same. People act like they are forced to pay the fees to make the payment. HELLO, your mortgages are due by the 1st of every month by the terms of your note. You want to make your payment for free then mail the darn thing or get on auto withdrawal. What it really boils down to , is that your mad because you really cant afford the mortgages that you have. Its called living above your means, getting over your head. Its all part of the greed in the world that gets us all in trouble now isn't it. Servicing companies DO NOT make the money on the interest of your loan, that money goes to the investors who gave you the loan to begin with, so when you get harassing calls to collect your payments, you are flaking out on the wrong people , you need to call the investors and whine to them because the whole entire and only reason lenders have servicing companies , is to have them do the dirty work and COLLECT MONEY, when that servicing company fails to collect money seen fit by investors, guess what, thats when your loan is getting moved again. Just imagine how beautiful it would be if everyone paid on time and was grown up and responsible, then maybe your loans would sit still along longer huh.

# 5 Missing payment complaints. I love this one. IF in the event a payment was cashed and didn't post to your loan, then you have a legit complaint. But that can be traced and will be located and applied. But for those of you who sent payments , claimed it was lost, but wasn't cashed, then fail to make up the payment in 2 more months , then get reported... then who's fault is that really? You don't keep up with your checking accounts and balances to notice the money never was withdrawn? You are complaining because you had collection calls and wonder why they are calling then claim you never knew the payment didn't post. Come on people, no one is buying that story. I would know quite fast that the payment was not taken from my bank account, because i don't have millions of dollars hanging around in it. Then there was talk of how ASC would hold on to payments and purposely make them late. That is ridiculous because the more you call to complain about something to a company cost money, i don't see where that would make sense. Payments go through lock boxes and you have 16 days from the 1st to the 16th to get a payment in without a late fee. So when you are advised processing can take 7-10 days and you have 16 , then lie and say you mailed it real early and the envelope scan from the post office shows you mailed it on the 10th, how do you expect the payment to process in time? The reason the processing takes 7-10 days is because try and imagine a lock box who has several clients they process mail for on a daily basis, and imagine on a daily basis 10.000 payments come through. Do you think you could process that mail all in one day? If so, then you need to be in the lock box business

# 6 When you call the servicing company that handles your loan and curse and act like its the representatives fault for what is happening, and the first thing the rep thinks is that you need bipolar meeds, try and talk it out with them in a civil manner. you are much more likely to get help or an explanation when you are nice , after all they are just there trying to a make a paycheck like the rest of us and most of them are very nice and I can tell you that I wouldn't want to take 100 calls a day of insane people.

#7 You sign into a pre-payment penalty ,regardless of what someone told you at origination or lied to you, you signed it your stuck with it. You would have read the paper and signed your name to it. That part still is amazing to me. A lot of people don't even know what kind of loan they have, what an escrow even is , or their interest rate. Are you kidding me? Maybe these are the same people who are filing complaints , because they definitely seem intelligent enough to understand their insurance and taxes and be responsible with their payments... don't you?

# For those of you who truly had real problems that were totally no fault of your own, that does suck but so there for is life. You have to remember there will always be victims in large businesses due to the amount of loans they actually have . Think about a million loans to take care of. The variable of life is almost certain there will be problems and the problem ratio is actually very low considering how many loans are serviced.

It really comes down to educating yourself, do your research online first before you jump into loans and homes. Don't go over your head. Live modestly. Read your papers . Don't be like little kids at Christmas, who just cant wait until morning to tear open the gifts. Be adults, be responsible for yourselves, your bank accounts, your mail, Its time to grow up and stop blaming others for your slacking. Is your cable, gambling, smoking, drinking, car payments more important than where you live? Where your children live?

Andrea Rodrigues Jun 15, 2007

I became behind on payments because of marriage break up and trying to support five children on less than a grand a month. I got served a few days before Christmas as if the holidays already didn't suck. I sold my car but couldn't get the full amount up to reinstate the loan. Then a young girl in the neighbor hood lost her house so I finally got the courage up to call them again. The were nice, I faxed them a letter explaining the hardships that I had been facing and filled out the work out package. While trying every avenue in the state of Florida for help and believe me they don't offer any. I was flipping out thinking the kids and I would be out on the street. Then a friend of my mother's who is a millionaire came forward and offered me ten thousand to catch it up. I spoke to someone and sent them the cashiers check and was told to make the first payment in August. Well yesterday nearly three months later, they sent the check back. Mind you the lawyers office already dismissed the court action. I have no clue what to do and I don't want to lose my kids. If anyone has a suggestion please email me. I can't even find a number to reach someone there to discuss this. A Realtor told me that they may want to refinance the loan to a lower payment and thats why they sent that back. I have rec'd no information only the check in an unmarked envelope.

• Mi
    Mike Fallon Mar 24, 2007

ASC is an absolute bunch of ###s. I faxed them proof of homeowners insurance back in December 2006 yet they still escrowed insurance into my mortgage in April 2007, claiming they didn't receive the fax. Evidentially their fax machine deposits the faxes directly into a paper shredder. I call a representative and explain my situation, then she asks for my agents number so they could call the agent, I'm thinking everything is ok... NOT!. They still screwed up so I call and explain everything again, telling what the first representative had said. This representative however told me that they do not call insurance agencies... now I'm ticked off. Someone is not telling the truth. I contact my agent and they fax a copy of my insurance. Finally I get a notice from the insurance company ASC uses and they state that they are canceling my insurance because I have sufficient proof of insurance since June 2006. Now that I have payed almost $1300 in escrow for insurance that I already had I am about to battle for a refund of my hard earned money... I want to hear what lame excuses this half assed , underachieving company tells me now.