American Laser Centersunprofessional, dangerous, painful and no refund!

After being burned by their laser on 4/13/07, I have contacted their corporate office dozens of times with no response . The procedure was so painful, I had to stop stop the treatment. It left burns on my legs.

I had paid over $2,700 for a service package, but will no longer return to their clinic. It was the most painful, unprofessional experience I've gone through. I have demanded a refund on services not rendered but cannot get anyone to address my complaint. The customer service department has transferred my case to the "appropriate department," but I am still waiting to hear from them. I have called almost every day since 4/13/07 (today is 5/16/07), and am always transferred to an unidentified voicemail box. I have left a message every time.

Beware people!

• Re
    rebecca g smith Aug 23, 2016

I went to this office for hair removal which I was uncomfortable about as have some white which they said wouldn't work on.Was told I would have to do a different treatment but could not cancel after just 1 treatment.Was talked into the Zerona to loose inches from stomach area which added another $1200. to what I already had a loan for.After my first treatment the office manager told me I had to finance another $100. thru another loan.I was to follow certain rules ie.excercise 30 min each day, drink 64 ozs. water daily, limit to 1 cup of coffee, eat raw foods & nuts, small 6 meals per day, brush my body from the feet upwards, & wear a constricting undergarment at nite.All of which I followed as I was determined to have this work & was paying a large financed bill to see results.I had each treatment every other day for 9 treatments.I lost maybe an inch which was told that is unheard of.Everyone losses 5-9 so the office will work something out for me.No one has contacted me, since my last treatment 3 weeks ago.I e-mailed the manager who told me to call her! I want something in writing as to compensation which I doubt this company cares to do.They just sucker people in & finance them a debt without results.They need shut down & I will contact the Better Business Bureau

anonyMiss Jun 09, 2016

Despite the management problems, you really don't feel that a full body package costing under $5000 is a good deal?

If they were overbooked, you could always ask them to split up your treatments...arms and legs one day, face another, etc.

• Pr
    prittybritty Jun 09, 2016

I had the exact same issue. FOUR hours after purchasing my very large package I called and said I didn't want the procedure because I was uncomfortable with the terrible reviews I read online after signing the papers along with having blonde hair. My husband was less than thrilled to say the least. They told me once I signed I was locked into the contract. I called Care Credit and they said only American Laser could issue the refund. Needless to say I have not used Care Credit since that day. I went ahead a month later and started treatments after several regional managers became involved and denied any type of refund. I was more than dissatisfied. I was told upon signing my contract that due to my blonde hair they would need to double-pass each visit. After my first, they said their new policy no longer allowed double-passing but my guarantee period would be enough to eliminate the hair fully. After my 6th appointment a disgruntled nurse told me their systems don't work and I'll still need to shave regularly and then proceeded to pull up her pant leg and show me her leg hair - which looked normal after having a full series of treatments! Once my guarantee period kicked in they were suddenly "booked" and in a two year period could only fit me in a couple times due to "office merging". My guarantee is now expired and they followed up with a phone call letting me know their schedule has cleared up with hiring some new staff and I can come in for my appointments at a discounted hourly rate - WOW. Really? This is legal business practice? Amazing.

• Am
    AmericanLaserCenterScam Jun 09, 2016

FILE A COMPLAINT TO FTC + STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL + BBB

• Je
    jessica sullivan Jun 09, 2016

Dear everyone,
    Anyone thinking of getting laser hair removal should not go to american laser center. all they care about is money !!! I purchased a full body hair removal package for 4, 880 and i regret it to this day. Once i signed the paper and TRIED to make an appointment for my treatments they were completely booked and requested that i go to another clinic 32 miles away. What was the point in me going to their clinic in the first place? but supposedly my full body was such a great deal. my girlfriend had bought the same package for 6500. Their prices are never the same !!! It is unfair to the public.
    But one advise i need to give everyone is that if you do want to get a great discount always BUY at the end of the month. That is when these stupid little highschool "managers" need to make their quota. These managers will only keep their jobs for 3-6 months because they cannot make their quota. EVENTUALLY AMERICAN LASER CENTER gets rid of their managers... and you know what, these uneducated managers deserve it cause they swindle customers every day. I've been getting my treatments for a year and a half...and there is always a new manager offering me a great deal (always at the end of the month!) Unfortunately...i'm stuck with this company until my treatments are completely done. NEVER AGAIN!!! i will never sign up for anything new. AMERICAN LASER CENTER makes me sick to my stomach

• Th
    thanks Jun 08, 2016

This is helpful, Allen. Thank you.

Allen Jun 08, 2016

Hello Gerald,

I represent American Laser Centers and we apologize for the delayed response to your post. American Laser Centers recognizes there has been confusion regarding our sweepstakes and, based on feedback like yours, we want to be clear about what you won. You were chosen to be one of our third place prize winners. The prize you have received is a $300 coupon that you may use towards any of our laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation or cellulite reduction packages.

We hope this response is satisfactory and appreciate you voicing your concern.

If you have any additional problems or questions in the future, please contact our customer service team at [protected].

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services and your feedback is important to us.

Allen
    www.americanlaser.com

Thanks for your post about your experience at American Laser Centers.

• Valerie Jun 08, 2016

I have had similar experiences with ALC that are reported on this site. I 'won' a $300 discount. I was pressured to sign up the day I went in for a consultation. When I went home and discussed the price with my husband, we decided it was not something we could afford, so I called to cancel before I received any treatments and was told it was too late, I had already signed a contract and there was no refunds!

My most recent problems with this company started Jan. '08. I called 4 times in the beginning of Jan. to schedule an appointment, they never answer the phone it always goes directly to voice mail. I left 4 messages, on the 4th message I indicated I was upset and wanted someone to call me back. They finally called me back and we scheduled an appointment for Feb. 8th. On Feb. 7th at 5:26pm. they called me to cancel the appointment due to 'modifications' they were having. They said they would call back to reschedule. They never did. I called on Feb. 9th and 11th and left messages. They called me back on Feb. 12th and rescheduled me for Feb. 17th at their north location which was a location I had never been to. They gave me vague directions, but no address. I thought the address would be on their website, but it was not. So I called back to get the address of the north location, and left a message. They called me back and got my voice mail and said 'Sorry we missed you please try us again'. Why they could not leave the address on my voice mail is beyond me. So I called again, left another message. They called me back gave me the address. On Feb. 17th I went to the north location and waited 20 minutes in the lobby, finally the girl said she did not have me scheduled at that office. She said perhaps I was scheduled at another office. So I left, called the office that had made my appointment and they said yes, I was scheduled at their office not the north location!!! So now it is Feb. 19th and still no appointment. Whenever you call their offices, they NEVER answer the phone, their voice mail says this is due to a high volume of calls. I've called at every hour of the day, and I never get through, how can they have such high volume of calls at every hour of the day??? How come it takes so much effort on my end and so many phone calls just to schedule an appointment!!! I feel they are avoiding me. I of course have already prepaid!! They got my money, why bother helping me now??!!

• Vi
    Vickie Smith Jun 07, 2016

American Laser centers are a scam. I paid over 2, 200 dollars to get hair removed off my face. I signed a contract that states if there is any hair after your last treatment feel free to come free of charge. This is crap. they do not even return your phone call. How proffesional is that. Will definitely not recommend this company to anyone and feel for those who are still getting screwed. Crystal Medina is the manger at the American Laser Center in Mesa, Arizona and she will not call back . Now all I do is see her as a sweet talker. Just remember you all what comes around goes around. I hope this company goes under big time, because they are not honest and sincere and they do not fulfill what they say they will do. I will probably join the class action suit that Alexis started and even probably take them to court. All I want is for them to finish their job that they had started. My face is a mess and it is because of them.

• Na
    N/A 007 Jun 07, 2016

I have done hair removing treatment by laser on my shoulders, chest and neck at the American Laser Center in different locations (such as in Florida-West Palm Beach, Miami-Aventura and South Carolina) for more than 2.5 but the result now is terrible my hair became more and tougher. I am very disappointed from them, they destroyed my body. It is bull of ### that the said laser help and the treatment will last about 6 month. I have done it 2.5 and now I don't know what to do. Please take a look on my picture and find out who they are exactly!

anonyMiss Jun 07, 2016

All true, no laser center guarantees the results. However, all the new laser technology seems like BS!

• Bl
    Blanca Galan Jun 07, 2016

American Laser Centers speak highly of having the "most comprehensive guarantee in the industry". However it is very misleading. It is not a "money-back" guarantee.
    After 5 years and $1000.00 worth of treatment, with minimal to no results, and several occasions where I have expressed the lack of effectiveness of the treatments to the clinic manager, corporate has informed me that there never was a guarantee of receiving any type of refund. Having called customer service, they told me that they intended their "comprehensive guarantee" to mean that they guarantee servicing the client for 6 treatments and up to 2 years after the 6th treatment, regardless if the initial treatment package was effective in the first place. Which for me never was or has been even with the 2-year follow-up.
    They explained that their guarantee does not imply guaranteeing any results or treatment effectiveness as that can vary from person to person, even if no permanent hair loss occurs.
    For those with no, minimal or patchy hair loss results, a maintenance package of $100/treatment is the only option, (with no guarantee of success, but only a guarantee of service that the treatment will be given.)
    If you choose to use ALC just be sure to understand that they don't really guarantee their results. And there is no recourse if treatment fails. They will attribute ineffectiveness to many factors and will talk about changing laser settings or the new technology/lasers they just received and how that will certainly make the difference with the next round of treatments.

• Ol
    Olga G. Jun 07, 2016

I purchased a package for $3000 hair removal. It's been over 3 years, no results. I have been transferred from one clinic to another and promised results because they just got the "new and improved" laser. I sent pictures, filed complaints with local and "corporate" offices. All unsuccessfully. If anyone knows how to get my refund back please contact me: [email protected] I can't believe that this company is still around and that no one has been able to get their money back!

ann54 Jun 07, 2016

ALC in VA and MD you're nothing but a sham. You hurt people for money and lie to them on record and to their face.

Peaple stay away from ALC, they only want your money. They don't train their people or even office manager. They fire their employees as well as lose good people because of the owner's greed. They even have a in house brother lawyer who's more than happy to write anyone threaten letters to scare people off for evenm thinking og suing them.

But what ever you may think people, there hundred and thousand of people that have been hurt and burn from ALC. Its time to shut them down and make them accountable for their actions.

Shame on you ALC and your employees for all the lies and harm that you have cause people. Sooner or later the lies will end and it will catch up on you!

STAY AWAY FROM ALC! STAY AWAY FROM ALC! STAY AWAY FROM ALC!!!

• Fo
    fofoi Jun 07, 2016

it is fradulent company. they know they cannot deliver that is why they make you pay upfront. they should be closed down

• Fo
    fofoi Jun 07, 2016

they are thieves.. thwy shold be closed down. they know they cannot deliver that is why they charge you upfront. i am very disappointed in thier services.

• Ad
    Adriana Jun 07, 2016

I pay for Full Body Laser Hair removal treatment. I experience skin irritation and burns after the very first treatment, and immediately sought medical help with other physicians. I also stopped all further treatments and request refund of the fees I had paid. The clinic has not respond to my request and it has already been a year. The treatment itself was so painful, but they kept me saying that I was doing great.

They hardly respond a call and they are rude, so pls girls be careful!

• Cr
    Cristina Loughney Jun 07, 2016

American Laser made an unauthorized charged my account with Care Credit. I never signed a contract nor did I receive any of the treatments. When I made contact with the manager Melissa at this particular location she said there would be no problem that she will contact the corporate office and have my account refunded, this was of course only after I told her that this was a fraudulent act upon American Laser because they have no documentation with my signature authorizing them to charge me for any service.
    Well it is now four months and I am still making payments to the Care Credit account but Care Credit is now looking into the matter for me and I am hoping to get all of my money back.

I have made several attempts to contact Melissa again but I have not received any phone calls back. I will definately not do anymore business with American Laser Centers.

Marissa Jun 07, 2016

When I orginally got a hair removal package at this company it was great.

THEN the company changed ownership and became American Lasers. American Lasers did not provide costumers will high quality service or machines.

The machine they currently use is a light laser that can be used for facial rejuvenation as well as hair removal. Sounds great...but really isn't. The machine burns and wasn't ultimately created for hair removal. The employees they have are poorly trained and always leaving. Everytime I go their is someone new...they have a high turnover...so it's hard to get someone good to operate the machines.

Laser informations sites say..Pulsed Light Devices are not lasers, but are “laser equivalents” in the sense that they use the same concept of selective photothermolysis to accomplish hair removal. IPL devices are more difficult to use than lasers and require a very skilled and experiences technician to operate!

So, don't go to this company. GO somewhere that has a special laser designed for hair removal. The best laser that was used on me did NOT get super hot, caused the hair to fall out immediately or within the next day, caused a gross but satisfying smell of burnt hair (letting you know it was working), and yes hurt (like a good waxing hurt)...but worked amazingly!

The hot lasers dont work well. The last treatment I had with this company used the hot laser too high and BURNT ME. I knew that the hurting sensation was BAD and not good pain machines cause when they work properly and killing the roots. Instead it felt like SOMEONE lit a match against my skin...the next day, I got a BLISTER...and it's scabbed over now. It seems way deeper than I imagined. I am crossing my fingers hoping I wont get a scar.

Be Careful. Do your research on the type of machine your laser place is using. Not all machines are created equal. Many companies will get a crappy machine to safe $$.

Allen Jun 07, 2016

Hello Alley,

I represent American Laser Centers and would like to apologize for your recent experience.

Please contact our customer service hotline at [protected] or email us at [email protected] We are happy to assist.

I do hope this is helpful.

-Allen

ann54 Jun 07, 2016

Hey people:

I'm one of many clients that was treated in the ALC VA location and was burn very badly and was lied to that the manager and Tech knew what they were doing and was very well trained. But that not at the case. The owner are brother and sister who hires people to do the treatment but no way trained these people and could careless what happens to their client's health. Just as along that they have yousign their contract and get you to enroll in their in house credit company, you will never be able to cancel or even get them to undo any damaged/harm that they did to you. They have an in house family lawyer who is more than ready at any time to write up threaten letters to you and scare you off.

If anyone wants to get any treatment with ALC in VA and MD do not even think of doing business with these people. They are far from being honerable and do not give a ratz ### about you, your health or even your life. Stay away from ALC!!!

ALC I hope you burn in hell and all your family and those that work for you shame on you for all the lies!!!

• Ga
    gary Jun 07, 2016

I totally disagree with these comments, American Laser Centers has been wonderful to me and my whole family. Everywhere you go there is going to be complaints, AlC is the LARGEST AND SAFEST laser clinic in the NATION. i WOULD STOP LISTING TO COMPLAINTS AND GO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOUR SELVES.

Charles Strong Jun 07, 2016

I own a large laser hair removal and skin rejuvenation center in Burlington, MA. I have also been a medical device general manager for over 30 years for large and small companies. We studied the various technologies and you are correct the best altertnative for hair removal remains the Alexandrite for light skinned poeople and the YAG for darker skinned people. Although viewed as older techn9ologies these actually still remain the best alternatives for hair removal. Also they provide the least patient discomfort. Ligth based IPL or AFT technologies simply do not work as effectively.

• Ev
    Eva Jun 07, 2016

Im in for the lawsuit. Ive been dealing with these people for over 2 months now and I still haven't received my refund.
    People: DO NOT GO TO ALC. Its is a guaranteed nightmare. And I have called and emailed the guy that posts here (Allen) and he has not answered me.

Allen Jun 07, 2016

Hello Nereida,

I am posting on these boards to help raise awareness of our newly expanded customer service department. We are working hard to make all of our customers satisfied.

I encourage you to either call our customer service hotline at [protected] or email us at [email protected]

I do hope this is helpful.

-Allen

• Mo
    mo Jun 07, 2016

Ran a credit charge of $1, 800.00 dollars for four treatments, said someone would contact me to set an appointment for the treatments and they would be from another office because Modesto did not offer Vela Shape. I called again to say that I had not heard from anyone, Christy said she would have someone get back to me again, still have not heard from anyone. This company if a scam and I am telling anyone who thinks this may sound good, I hardly doubt it, they have my money, but I have not service, I will be reporting them and taking them to court if I do not get a full refund.

• Ne
    Nereida Gonzalez-Berrios Jun 07, 2016

This company offers expensive treatments and makes you wait hours for your appointment. I had to wait for about one and a half hour for my first appointment. Then, I had to wait one hour during my second appointment... After that, I had to wait half an hour for my third appointment. And, for the first time, I wasn't able to arrive to my appointment on time (10:00am) and they told me they couldn't attend me because I was more than 15 minutes late (18 minutes). They told me that it was a rule for the company to cancel appointments of clients who were 15 or more minutes late (which was new for me because they NEVER mentioned that when I agreed to receive treatment). Now, I ask only one question... They made me wait during all my previous appointments for more than half an hour and I always arrived on time. What would have happen if I would have arrived earlier that day? I would have had to wait anyway the same amount of time I had to wait previously in my other appointments... My appointment was canceled that day and I had to leave with a bitter taste in my soul because I know that I would have had to wait until half an hour later for getting my treatment (thirty minutes after ten, 10:30am) and I got to the place at 10:18am.

• Tg
    T. Gustafsson Jun 07, 2016

Pkg. purchased in Chandler, AZ. while on vacation. Transferring to Calif. was nightmare. Have to travel to 2 locations, far apart, for treatments because not all treatments are available at all locations. It took 2 wks to make appt. and many phone calls trying to get records transferred (and I was told I was responsible for that). Because I have to go between 2 locations I am responsible for having records transferred to alternate location after each procedure. Office and clerical employees were significantly less desireable than Chandler location. I purchased pkg on May 13, 2008 and found out afterward about promotion for CareCredit to match amount spent with services equaling half of that amount. I was told I had to call original place of purchase to see if I qualify and was told the promotion was only during the last week in May, and that locations are only told of promotions on a last minute basis. In addition, trying to contact someone at corporate level is IMPOSSIBLE! Even contacting individual locations is next to impossible because all phone #'s listed and e-mail is directed through a central office. I spent a lot of money and certainly expected decent customer service.

For such a large company this one is a joke!

• Ca
    CARA Jun 07, 2016

Do not ever deal with this company. They use deceptive marketing strategies such as telling you that you won a gift certificate for $300 - $500 for services. This is a trap.

Not only are they liars, they are dangerous and unlicensed people doing procedures they have not received proper training to do.

Warning !!! Stay away!!!

I have filed my complaint with the bbb and i urge all that have knowledge of this to do so as well.

• Ka
    Karen J S May 25, 2014

I signed up for Vela, Zerona, and E-matrix treatments for a total of $4400.00 in January of 2013. I wanted to get rid of wrinkles under my eyes, shrink my arms and legs and tighten them afterwards. I had asked the clinic manager before I signed the contract - "What happens if this doesn't work, or I am unhappy with the results?, Are you going to leave me high and dry?"" She assured me that ALS would NEVER leave a customer unhappy they would keep going until I was happy..

First off, the clinic manager, Katie Kennedy was wonderful. I had even wrote a letter to their regional headquarters in Edina, MN that if it was not for Katie and her crew, I would have gone elsewhere as there were so many competitors everywhere around the Woodbury location. Her customer was next to none. I finished the treatments to shrink my arms and legs - I was not happy - they looked worse than when I started. We tried a few more treatments - still NOTHING! Katie suggested that I give my body a break, come back in a few months and we would start over as I was SO unhappy. I called back about four months later as instructed, and was shocked when I wass told that they had let Katie go. The new manager "Rebecca" told me that they let her go because (I quote) "she was giving the farm away". She was extremely rude, and I told Rebecca, I was unhappy with the results, was promised more treatments, and I expected them to honor their verbal guarantee. First off, what kind of management talks about their employees to a total stranger that way? Rebecca told me she would have to go back to the books, and figure things out. She said she would all me back the next day - it never happened. I called her office two more times with the same results - none. I then called the regional headquarters and lodged a complaint with them, I was told that I would be called back in three business days (a promise from the customer service rep) and again, no one ever called me back.

I was made promises that they would not keep. Spending $4400.00 to see no results (and in the case of my arms and legs), I have to cover them when I go out in public, as they are covered with such "severe hail damage" that I am too embarrassed to go outside unless I am covered up. I made an appointment with a competitor about a month ago. I want to start over with the E-Matrix (for the winkles under my eyes).and the surgeon was stunned- he said he could not see where anything had been done. His price is half of what they charge - with a written guarantee! I am convinced ALS's Estheticians are not properly trained, as a matter of fact, I had two new employees in the room with me being trained (at different times) by new employees! That is how fast they go through people . They do not bother to tell you about the extreme pain the E-Matrix (laser treatments for your face are) - they do not have qualified staff on hand to be able to administer sedatives or pain medication. DO NOT GO TO AMERICAN LASER SKINCARE- RUN!!! Do not get be a fool like me - I am twice as bad as before I went in to get my problem "fixed"

• Je
    Jessieq Apr 29, 2014

Hi,
    I paid for several treatments and I had to stop because I was pregnant and then we moved out of the country, now they are ignoring me in regards to what's owed to me. I would like the phone number or any other information in order to get my money back. Thanks!

• To
    Tonda Saul Mar 05, 2014

The company has a 20% restocking fee for all returns even if order wrong, plus you have to pay for return postage

• Ju
    jujubee lover Oct 07, 2013

These people are the devil but they certainly have hot former employees...

• Sh
    SHERITALL Jul 28, 2013

American Laser is a scam. I purchased two packages. One is the Zerona (toning) and the other was Microdermabrasion. Neither one worked, even after they offered me double services. This is a money making business. If you are considering any services, don't sign anything.

• Sh
    SHERITALL Jul 28, 2013

I would never recommend American Laser for anything. I received service in the Fresno office with no results.
    I purchase a Zerona and Microdermibrasion and did not have results. This is a bunch of crap for the services promised.
    I financed over $4, 700 with belief that I would be toned and look better. This is a scam with false promises. I would advise not obtaining any service from American Laser

• Ha
    Harless7 Apr 09, 2013

I don't have time to type in all the problems I have had with this horrible company, but let me just tell you up front, it has been a real NIGHTMARE! Thanks for speaking out, because this company is awful and doesn't care about anything but how much money they can scam you out of.

• Am
    American Laser Skincare Jan 14, 2013

Hi Rebecca. We are so sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your experience. We strive to ensure that every client has a positive experience with American Laser and would love to talk to you further to get a few details and see how we can help. If you could please send us an email at [email protected] that includes your contact information and a link to your original comment, our customer service department will reach out to you promptly. Thanks!

Marie Wood Nov 09, 2012

I have been going to American Laser Center in Bountiful Utah for about a year and a half for my laser hair removal and other treatments. The minute I bought my LARGE package from them, they started treating me horribly. They are rude, lie to you to get you to spend money, and there is no customer service. The ONLY reason I have not tried to contact their corporate office to complain is because I have still had more time on my hair removal treatments and I am terrified that they will burn me. They are snotty girls with little class. They quote you something and the minute they get your money in their hands they let you know it will ACTUALLY be something else. I have too many storied to mention, am VERY frusterated, and just feel like I need to walk away from the rest of my hair removal treatments and the other money they have of mine for a treatment I was unable to get.. with no refund and call it a day. Tired of the abuse and feel like there is no one who will care if I call to complain. I feel even more strongly about that after reading all of these numberous horror stories all over the internet. I REALLY SHOULD HAVE LOOKED INTO THIS FURTHER BEFORE SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS THERE AND REFERRING MY MOM TO DO THE SAME!!! Is there anyone out there with any answers??? help

• Ar
    Arman S. Sep 21, 2012

Their laser hair removal simply does not work. Their advertisements and personnel bluntly lies to you in order to get you to sign up for other procedures which just as well do not lead to any positive results. The more people they "recruit", the more they get in commissions.

Rude, unhelpful, unprofessional environment.

Other fraudulent activity and falsification are going to be investigated soon.

No matter what it takes or how long it takes, the justice will be brought to these scammers.

• Tr
    treated like crap Sep 18, 2012

The company teaches future managers how to rip off customers, and has managers encourage them to start treatment first day of sale because after first treatment the contract says no refund. They have filed bankruptcy, restructured and changed hands to prevent a class action lawsuit brought on by employees for harassment and mistreatment of employees. Got themselves out of the lawsuit sneaky ###. Shannon the trainer was the one who taught the rip off techniques, I'm sure trained by Rich Morgan.