American Home Shield [AHS] — Home warranty
AHS Shield Plus plan #6355147. I believe AHS is in breach of contract, and I request a full refund of $1308.11, along with the refund of two outstanding service payments of $132.94 each, totaling $265.88. Total sum to be remitted to me is $1573.99.
I have used AHS services for past homes, and had positive experiences. For this reason, I chose AHS for our new home. The contract was paid at closing. Since then, I have tried four times unsuccessfully to get a service person to my home. It appears AHS has no service network representatives in my area. The service representatives recommended by AHS are too far away to come to my home.
This has forced me to find service people outside of AHS. AHS has allowed this under its very strict guidelines. Unfortunately, I have not found service people who meet AHS's terms and conditions.
At this point, it is clear that AHS cannot provide the needed services, and should never have accepted the contract to begin with. I spoke to an AHS representative, who offered me a pro-rated refund for canceling my plan. This is not acceptable, as AHS has failed to deliver any services while requested four times. I should be refunded the total amount.
Also, AHS has violated its own stated practices by charging me for service calls without assigning a service provider. I have received refunds for some of these charges, but two remain outstanding.
More American Home Shield [AHS] Complaints & Reviews
- American Home Shield - the truth about ahs
- American Home Shield (AHS) - unable to cancel the policy
- AHS Home Warranty Company - don't trust them
- American Home Shield - rip off
- American Home Shield - beware
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - dryer repair
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - communication and cancellation
- American Home Shield - broken air conditioner
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - refrigerator
- American Home Shield Corporation [AHS] - unethical behavior, lack of customer service.