American Home Shield [AHS]Home warranty

W Nov 12, 2020

AHS Shield Plus plan #6355147. I believe AHS is in breach of contract, and I request a full refund of $1308.11, along with the refund of two outstanding service payments of $132.94 each, totaling $265.88. Total sum to be remitted to me is $1573.99.
I have used AHS services for past homes, and had positive experiences. For this reason, I chose AHS for our new home. The contract was paid at closing. Since then, I have tried four times unsuccessfully to get a service person to my home. It appears AHS has no service network representatives in my area. The service representatives recommended by AHS are too far away to come to my home.
This has forced me to find service people outside of AHS. AHS has allowed this under its very strict guidelines. Unfortunately, I have not found service people who meet AHS's terms and conditions.
At this point, it is clear that AHS cannot provide the needed services, and should never have accepted the contract to begin with. I spoke to an AHS representative, who offered me a pro-rated refund for canceling my plan. This is not acceptable, as AHS has failed to deliver any services while requested four times. I should be refunded the total amount.
Also, AHS has violated its own stated practices by charging me for service calls without assigning a service provider. I have received refunds for some of these charges, but two remain outstanding.

ChrisWallace Nov 23, 2020

I requested service for my water heater on 11/17/20. AHS assigned a vendor. However, like every other prior request, the vendor could not see me for at least a week. I nevertheless accepted the appt, which was scheduled for 11/23/20. Yet, the vendor did not show, call or provide a reason for not showing. I called the vendor for an explanation, but no answer. I called AHS and the rep tells me I'll have to wait 24-48 hours before they can reassigned my ticket to another vendor.

So, let me get this straight. AHS accepts my $125 service fee. It assigns a vendor, but the vendor cannot see me for a week. The vendor gives me a ridiculous appointment window between 12-5pm. I take off from work. The vendor doesn't show nor provide a reason for not showing (and did I mention that I took off work). AHS tells me I have to wait 24-48 hours before it can reassign my ticket to another vendor, who will likely want me to wait another week before being seen and I'll likely have to take off from work again. And these companies are considered professional?!?! SMH