American Family Carelabor law breech

P Review updated:

This company is in breech of labor laws for several reasons. No breaks for meals, employees are required to work more than 40 hrs a week. They lie to get employees and fire them for no good reason. This company is based on productivity, not good healthcare. I saw unethical practice in several categories. Don't go there, go to someone who treats you like a person instead of a number.

• Ot
    o take Feb 09, 2020

After I paid fee, insurance could cover and them insurance company already paid to you.

Therefore I would like to get refund.

If you have any questions, could you contact to me by email.

[email protected]

Comments

• Na
    [email protected] Aug 06, 2019

Bills for co pay keep coming I have phoned, emailed with no returns- I have a receipt for my co pay - transaction number-[protected]-- invoice no -pace- if this company would return a message on this I would pay it- but it states co pay and does not show what I paid at their facility id no is 3105229

• Fl
    fluffypoppy Aug 07, 2014

Medical Assistant Requirements in Alabama

Is any prior education or training required?

Alabama
    does not require any particular training or education prior to working as a
    medical assistant beyond high school.

STATE

REGULATIONS

EXCEPTIONS

Alabama

Does not restrict medical assistants from performing any specific
    medical assisting tasks. Medical assistants work under the direct
    supervision of physicians and are allowed to perform those tasks which
    are directed and supervised by the physician.

1) Are allowed to do basic
    radiography; no CAT scans or MRI

2) Can start an IV

Now this
    my friends is one of the most scary things I have ever heard of. When we take
    our children in for Lab Tests or vaccinations the employee sticking the needle
    and the medication in our children is paid slightly more than a fast food
    worker with no formal education or training...injecting medicine in
    children, starting IV's on people, and mixing medicine to administer into
    our veins. The Lab Tech no formal training and will be reading our
    results and relying on them to do a job that they have simply watched and
    assisted others before them. The reason the "Doc In A Box" business
    model is so effective relies heavily on paying their "NURSES" as they
    call them on their website just above minimum wage and no Licensed Nurse is required
    so you can have two or three of their "NURSES" for the price of one
    legitimate RN. Unless there is a Licensed Paramedic or RN picking up some part
    time hours there the only licensed person for medical care is the Doctor
    himself. This is very scary and most of the general public has no idea.
    Also enclosed find from AFC website where they portray their staff as Nurses.
    When this information was brought to my attention I will never enter another
    Doc In The Box again. No disrespect to any employees they do quite well in my opinion
    with the enormous stress of having to carry out these duties on a slight bit
    better than minimum wage salary and NO formal education or training in the
    Medical Field. I assume this is one of
    those things people will have to start being hurt or die before anything is
    done…….sad sad

Please Rate The Following

Courtesy and professionalism of clerical/front office staff

5 4 3 2 1 N/A

Courtesy and professionalism of nurses, lab techs, and x-ray
    techs

5 4 3 2 1 N/A

• Pr
    Priscilla Smith 0477 Jul 19, 2014

I was diagnosed with a spranged right ankle and told go home with no pain meds. 6 weeks later I'm lying in bed with torn right ligament surgery by a highly reputable sports medicine doc in Birmingham. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM!!!

noturslavenemor Mar 23, 2014

American Family Care is the Southeastern USA's version of a Chinese sweatshop with slightly higher pay! You work 10- 13 hour days, many days with no breaks. That's right! You are expected to work these long hours without even taking a break to eat. Once you clock in for work at 7:45 a.m. you are not allowed to leave the building until your shift is over, which could be anywhere from 6 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Also, managers have been caught deleting employees overtime. You have to print out your clock in, clock out times every night before you leave to have proof of the hours you've worked! This is a crappy, low paying, stressful job with long hours and low pay and you're expected to do it with no lunch but with a big smile on your face!!! DoctorsatAFaararetreatedn!better!thanotherother employees

angela1989 Jan 06, 2014

I went to American family care in alabaster on new years because my doctors office was closed. Bad idea. I went for breast pain as I'm a breastfeeding mother. The doctor had no idea about anything. Literally everytime she left the room I heard her asking everyone for advice. She told me I may have staff infection and when I explained how that was impossible she said maybe my milk was infected which I also knew wasn't the issue. I had to leave work to come here and it was a waste of time and money. I had to pump milk for the doctor who never gave me any results. In the meantime she wanted me to pump and dump- even though there were no signs of infection. Do not go here unless you have a common cold- the doctors are very uneducated and id be surprised to know they had a legit degree at all.

• D5
    D5117 Dec 22, 2012

AFC Fairfeild, waiting for 8hrs at a private run business is unacceptable
    This place needs to be shut down, (emergency) its a f****** joke.

• Ba
    BamaDem Sep 13, 2012

Don't let the name fool you. We went to the AFC in Madison AL and It has nothing to do with family care.They just want to line their pockets and make you wait for hours when my daughter was in excruciating pain. My 3 year old child came in to see a doctor about a dislocated elbow. After seeing her the doctor told my wife if my girl still feels pain in the morning bring her back. Well, poor girl didn't sleep at all that night because the doctor didn't fix the elbow in the first place. So, wife took our little girl back to the clinic the next morning and explained to them that the previous doctor told her to come back. Guess what? they said it's considered a new visit and will charge us regardless of what the other doctor said. Anyway, they made my wife and our little girl set in the waiting area for nearly 4 hours because the office manager got upset at the way my wife questioned her about the multiple charges. And when my wife asked when will the doctor be available to see our little girl, they simply replied we're sorry we forgot you've been waiting this whole time!!! What a joke this place is! Rude and unprofessional and only care about the charges, not their patients.

• Cw
    Cwoods Jan 04, 2012

My wife went to their Pelham, AL location 1 week ago and was treated like a slab of meat by a majority of the staff, however the doctor on duty at that time had a good bedside manner. She was given a shot and 3 prescriptions for bronchitis and a respiratory infection. She went back today because she was no better and the staff was extremely rude and after waiting in a room for 1 1/2 hours found out that the doctor on duty has gone to lunch. This company is not about medical care and taking care of people. THEY WERE RUDE AND OBNOXIOUS, TRIED TO MAKE HER FEEL LIKE SHE WAS BENEATH HIM AND THEY TRULY INSULTED HER INTELLIGENCE. SHE WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AND THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM and post it everywhere. She got a refund, left and went to Medhelp - they do care but are further from home.

• De
    deesmile Nov 04, 2011

Went to American Family Care on a Friday with flu like symptoms. Took xrays, blood work, and mouth swan. Dr their told be I had pneumonia and return to work on Tues. They gave 4 prescriptions. Went back that tues because I was not feeling any better. Dr gave me a methdroyldose pack to to take. Told me to go to work on Friday.
    Begin taking the dose pack on Wed morning and to take 6 pills at one time and then 5 the next and so on. I was up for 24 hrs with no sleep. Heart was racing like I had ran a marathon. I have a fever and was red colored. Called Afc that morning. Doctorvsaod I would have to come in and pay another copay to be re evaluated. Had to be taken to the ER. Doctor at Afc had told me to take them all wrong. I took four doses listening to that doctor. Terrible experience.