American Blend Gambler Tobacco/Republic Tobacco L.P.Poor quality/Decrease in tobacco

S

I have been purchasing American Blend Gambler Tobacco for 2 years now and I have noticed that lately the quality is very poor, the bags are only 1/2 full, but yet the price increased. Either fix this problem, or I will purchase from another manufacturer. This is very unacceptable. You are making huge profits, while us consumers are getting stuck up the a** with sticks and stems.

• Je
    Jessie Smart Apr 06, 2009

I've been using gambler tobacco for almost a year now and the last 6 months or so the tobacco has not been that good, the last two bags have been dried out and the store won't even take them back, the tobacco just crumbles when I try to make cigerates this really is a waste of my hard earned money.

• Rs
    rs tipton Apr 15, 2009

I have recently had a run in with republic tobacco over its chinese made top rolling machine that broke after 1 week of use..I also have the same complaint with dried out crappy tobacco from this company

if youre reading this please e mail meat

[protected]@aol.com

I am gathering support for a formal complaint against the company and need to know how many others feel the same way I do (will be publishing ads and using the stories on a radio show I work for)

I work for a radio show out of LA and am willing to publicly trash Republic Tobacco on air...and take the fallout

so anyone reading this please e mail me with your complaints I will make Sure hey get heard

Thanks for your time

RS Tipton

• Ki
    Kirby May 02, 2009

I don't know about other states but this company (Republic Tobacco) has gotten into some serious price gouging in Michigan since the federal increase on the tax on loose tobacco. All they will sell in this state now are little 3 oz. bags and the price is about $15-$16 depending on the retailer. Before this tax increase I could buy a 6 oz. bag for less than $9. I think this is serious BS since the new tax is $24.78 per 1 pound of loose tobacco, so that should work out to about $9.50 for 6 oz. I figured the price on my usual bags of tobacco I'd buy would go up about $10 a bag after this tax increase but I never expected the price to triple which is what happened since this company decided they would throw a few extra dollars in their pockets due to the smokers' misfortune by cutting their bag sizes in half and charge almost double what they used to charge for a 6 oz. bag. It wasn't bad enough that the federal government had to take a giant dump on the smokers again, then these jerks have to do it too.

Disturbd36 May 30, 2009

Whew glad im not only one pissed off. I been buying this product about 3yrs or so. It was decent product for what I was paying aprox 9-10$ for 6oz bag.Now they come out with this tube cut crap that in my opinion is just one big scam. A 8oz bag is aprox 28$ that is supposed to be 2 cartons of smokes.BULLSHI...!!! I can only get about carton and half and most of cigs rolled only came out to about 3/4 of a smoke because of all the sticks and twigs and crap thats in it. On top of that they taxing it at 2 carton price!!
    The tobacco companys make money off the poorest of poor people and the richest of the rich. They get money from people from every walk of life. And the second they see a chance to make more off of them they jump almost as fast as government does.
    I know I am going to quit buying Gambler Products until they fix WHAT WASNT BROKE

• Bi
    big b Jun 04, 2009

tax the smokers/beer drinkers .

• Ps
    P*ssedOff Jun 24, 2009

I agree with all of the above comments. Republic Tobacco L.P. is ripping off the consumer! What a bunch of B.S. !!!

• Fr
    frog Jun 29, 2009

I also agree that this has turned into a crap product! I am at a loss as to how to get ahold of someone to complain. In the last 8oz. bag of tube cut, we found a strip of corrugated cardboard almost 9" long and 3" wide. It was very well hidden in the center of the bag. At almost $80.00 a pound this stinks. Also the tube cut seems damp lately and has to sit on a tray to dry out a bit or it won't pack right. I think we pay plenty for this tobacco and should get decent quality AND NO CARDBOARD FILLERS!

Diecast Place Jul 10, 2009

I paid $32.99 for an 8 oz. package today, it can currently be purchased online for about $27. I don't know yet if what has been said about getting more packs out of 8 oz. with the tube cut but I do know this so far. One cigarette packed with the amount of tobacco that would have 8 oz. producing more packs lasts little more than 2 minutes. I haven't purchased a regular pack in quite some time and when I did I bought 100's but it seems to me they lasted 5-7 minutes the way I smoke. I'm almost to the point where Im going to think it may be more cost effective to buy off-brand generics pre-made. I have 16 oz bags of another brand headed my way, I'll have to see if one of those rolled with a bugler machine last longer than 2 minutes.

Diecast Place Jul 10, 2009

2 minutes 28 seconds for a Gambler Tube Cut cigarette, 5 minutes for Diamond Brand. $32.99 for the 8 oz. Gambler, $39.99 for the 16 oz. Diamond. I'm only going to take a stab at this but it appears it would cost $100 give or take to get as much smoking time out of a $32.99 Gambler vs. the $39.99 Diamond. Don't consider the number of cigs that can be made with 8 oz. of the tube cut vs. what you could get out of the former 16 oz. standard as it's smoke & mirrors, no pun intended.

• Sc
    s c smoker Jul 16, 2009

same here in south carolina. smoking capital of the world... i was buying 1 lb bag for 14.99 6 months ago. now its up to 34.99. the guy at the smoke counter told me gambler and other companys were going to change the way they bag their tobacco, add more fluff to it and take out some of the wt.. which means they want to sell us more air and less tobacco pr bag.. so i gave it up and started with marlboro's again... at least they keep sending me coupons for 4 and 5 bucks off a carton so that helps but i'm smoking even more ( seams like ) cause they just burn up. with my own rolled tight i could smoke 1 cig a good 12 minutes...or so.. i'm just another member of the smokers screwed in the south club...

Janwo Jun 19, 2017

@s c smoker This is for all of you! Go to tobacco general website. I buy OHM tobacco and Zen tubes (250 a carton). You can buy any size bag but I buy a 5lbs bag of good tobacco for $51.00 and the Zen tubes are $2.99. Great deal and very good product.

• I agree with everyone above.
    Except for the price... In Dallas an 8oz bag of dried up Gambler Tobacco is 40.99. After buying the tubes it is MORE expensive than smoking Pall Malls. Which I can get for 3.99 a pack. $44.00 for a carton made with Gambler tobacco and tubes... 39.99 for a carton of Pall Malls. I think I just bought my last Gambler product! I wouldn't mind paying an extra couple bucks but the Gambler Tobacco (and stems) is really crappy now.

I found a website that shows you how to moisten cigar tobacco and tried it on my cig tobacco. Works great. Cigs last a lot longer too. Google it.

• Co
    court99 Apr 08, 2010

Same here with the tobacco complaints. I just switched brands. But now the company won't follow up with their service on their machines. I just sent my machine in to be fixed or replaced and they cashed the check two weeks ago and I still have no machine and everytime I get someone on the phone they lie to me. I wouldn't buy another product from this company if someone held a gun to my head.

• Ci
    cindyrebel May 06, 2010

howdy all...just want to let you know i agree with all your complaints here in the state of delaware. we are definitely having the same problem with sticks and twigs mixed in with the tobacco. another problem we are experiencing is with the machine that rolls cigs, well, the tubes that we buy are made by gambler (premium filters) and the regular kings size tubes, we will get a box where you cannot make a good cig. it will either not be full all the way, or it burst open when you are pusing tobacco thru the tube with the maching. we are getting so mad from day to day about these issues. i am not ready to quit smoking yet, but these issues could lead me to do so. this company would really be in trouble, if we all went back to smoking ready-made cigarettes. don't you think:

take care, cindy r.

• Ho
    horsey4u21 Oct 12, 2010

for fortytwo yrs. I have smoked kite rolling tobacco. Now since that kenyain pile of dung tripled the price.and subsequintly stoped mail orders of tobacco . I can no longer get my brand. So i found a store ten miles from me .and made the worst F______g mistake ever. I bought forty dollars (not worth it) of Gambler tube cut. It is the poorest excuse (as the package states)of so-called premium cigarette tobacco i have ever had the misfortune to attempt to smoke . I could say volumes more.but it would just lead to alot of four letter words .and to my throwing things... [protected]@gmail.com

• Do
    dominatrixbabydoll Feb 08, 2011

I've been smoking this product for almost a year and have had my brother acting like we were "going thru" the product faster and noticed the bag we were buying is now only 1/2 a pound instead of a pound... [censor] this product and [censor] smoking! That's what the government was wanting anyway so that we can waste more money on INSURANCE!!!

• Se
    seashead Mar 23, 2011

I, am from Michigan & now I'm noticing that Gambler bags are now labled as PIPE TOBACCO was that what is was before, is it the same product under a differant name some form of LOOP-HOLE for them)?

• Ke
    KevinWeimer May 12, 2011

I usually buy Bugler tobacco, but yesterday I decided to try Tube Cut Light. Bad decision. The quality was terrible "dried out and full of sticks and trash", and when I tried to take it back, the store wouldn't even let me trade it out. They stated that was normal for this brand and they had received several complaints. I found a website although there is no place for feedback or complaints. After calling the 800 number and being hung up on once, I finally got through to the company. They advised to mail the tobacco in along with photo id and then they would consider replacing the product. Finally, I would just like to say that they have lost a potential life-long customer and I am very upset with the overall attitude of the representatives etc... Guess it's back to Bugler?????

• Ri
    rich confer Jul 05, 2011

i would like you to send me Coupon's to my house 1232 pine loganton rd loganton Pa 17747 rich confer

• Bu
    Bundy68 Jan 23, 2014

I've been smoking "American Blend Gambler Premium Full Flavor Cigarette Tobacco" for many years and always liked it because it tasted good and didn't leave me reeking of smoke like factory cigarettes. Unfortunately the last few months they've been adding something to their tobacco and it stinks. I hope they stop putting additives in their tobacco otherwise I'll have to stop buying it.