Republic Tobacco / Republic Group Logo

Republic Tobacco / Republic Group

Having problems with Republic Tobacco / Republic Group?

Republic Tobacco / Republic Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 16, 2006. The latest review Largo menthol 1lb bags was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint Terrible quality was resolved on Mar 27, 2012. Republic Tobacco / Republic Group has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 39 reviews. Republic Tobacco / Republic Group has resolved 8 complaints.

Republic Tobacco / Republic Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 288 8888 (United States)
2301 Ravine Way
Glenview, Illinois
France
3750 avenue Julien Panchot, BP 80424, 66004 Perpignan Cédex, France

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Republic Tobacco / Republic Group Customer Service. Initial Republic Tobacco / Republic Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Republic Tobacco / Republic Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Republic Tobacco / Republic Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Republic Tobacco / Republic Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Republic Tobacco / Republic Group Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Republic Tobaccogambler gold tobacco product

My father found large chunks of plastic while trying to roll cigarettes I find that totally unacceptable. This product should have been checked properly for foreign objects. This company should make sure their customers are satisfied so they will continue to by this product. My father will no longer be one of your customers unless this issue is resolved

gambler gold tobacco product

Republic Tobacco LLC — gambler tobacco regular

I was rolling my cigarettes this morning and when I poured the end of the bag on my machine a screw fell out...

Republic TobaccoBagged tobacco had unknown debris in it

Today is Feb 8, 2016

To whom it may concern... (because i cant find an actual link to notify the company) On more than one occasion there has been foreign matter in our bags of tobacco. My husband got something in his cigarette and about puked, coughing so badly. In August, the 17th of 2015, i found another piece of foreign matter, that was a blue opaque plastic string, that was the same shape of the tobacco. long slender cutting. I have a picture of it and how it was found on my tobacco plate. Just this morning, another piece, different colors, was found as Im rolling our cigarettes. This is absolutely uncalled for. This particular piece of paper, looks like it is from Asia somewhere, and it resembles the paper you would find inside of a cheap party popper with inked writing on it.

This is happening way too much. Sometimes when you smoke your tobacco, it tastes like a Clover cigarette. Not what i bought.
    We buy our tobacco for the month as my husband is on fixed income, we have to budget everything. It should absolutely not matter what so ever that your tobacco is cheap, you still have a responsibility to your customers to ensure that there is No foreign matter in your products that could potentially harm us (worse than what the tobacco does to us).

What i would like to see as a resolution, Hold yourselves accountable. Make it right. If you would like to refund, we spend approximately 65.00 per month on your tobacco. Every month. FYI the bag number is TP-NC-632 the UPC is [protected] for the object found this morning, and the in the picture the bag number is in the picture below. I also attached this mornings foreign object paper thing... im using the cigarette as a pointer.

Thanks for your time, for which i am almost certain, there will be no reply to this. My name is Tracy Fogle. my home number is [protected]... address is 21400 Twp. Rd 60 Warsaw, Ohio 43844 Hope to hear from someone.

• Ju
        Julia Cartmel Jester Dec 01, 2017

These are floor sweepings from other tobacco companies

• Tr
        tracyfogle Feb 09, 2016

Thank you... after hunting down the company for about an hour, i finally found their address. Nothing from them yet.

• Wh

Glenview, Illinois 60025

Tel: [protected]
        Fax: [protected]

www.therepublicgroup.net

Republic TobaccoGambler Pipe Tobacco (for rolling cigarettes)

I bought it from will not return this bag and I have found bugs, yes real bugs in three bags now! It's disgusting, I've obviously been smoking them, ugh. I've never even seen these types of bugs, they have hard pointed and sharp bottoms or stingers and one even stabbed me on my toe, before I swept, I must have stepped on it when I wiped the tobacco off the table. I want something done about this and I'm seriously considering suing the company!! I mean who knows what I'm inhaling by smoking this! Not to mention it's so damn gross!! I'm definitely taking my business elsewhere.

Gambler Pipe Tobacco (for rolling cigarettes)

• IrishPrinz Feb 11, 2016

Worst blend I ever smoked. Bit like hell. Found this one bland and sour on the tongue. I can understand no flavorings, but when the Virginia's aren't sweet like they should be and the Burley's have no nuttiness then it leaves little to be desired and no desire to light another bowl. Even tried mixing to mellow out but 4A just reared it's ugly head. Threw the rest out. Largo pipe tobacco Regular was far smoother and blended well with Toasted Cavendish. If you see Four Aces in the store run to the next aisle, because this one really bites, literally!! Their slogan should be Four Aces: The Trailer Trash of Pipe Tobacco.

• Cr
          CristieB Nov 13, 2015

I forgot to mention all of the sticks and stems that are in the bags here lately plus it's so dry I can't roll it!

Republic Tobaccodamage peace.

The service is great and the Tabaco is fresh and good to smoke, is Just that this Rolling Cigarette broke and it must not be they're false only the Companies that send it and, Is this peace that broke on the Handle. Is the swift Cigarette Machine. Any Question let me know my E-mail [protected]@gmail.com I think it was half broke maybe is the companies that send it like that because the way it broke don't make sense it don't carry a sticker or some kind of warning that is fragile. Is a mandatory to have a warning because is made of plastic or some are made of Steel. If is steel is mandatory to have the warning because most product made of steel have warning fragile product and this is for home and for a special purpose to be use whit a rolling issue need to be all equal and peace's together and threat is the reason that the Handle broke. This is the reason it broke if the people that Carrie this or ship etc is they're false well this is a issue that is always to have. the best idea is to have this product whit a warning on the box that is fragile because is to be "level" because peace's attach that move is reasonable to have a fragile Warning.

• Ug
            Uglyinak Feb 03, 2011

This is a crime! I have notived the change in flavor and buzz, but i am more angered by the size changes. The amount and the papers are smaller.

• Rr
            rrobin Jan 11, 2011

My husband and I have been exclusive Drum smokers for 18 years. The new packaging is fine, the smaller amount of tobacco for the same price is not! Also the tobacco blend is not the same, We do not like it at all! After we have found the last of the old blend we will be switching or quitting. So I suppose if we do quit I should say thank you!

• Dale Sanhuber Sep 22, 2010

That new adjustable cigarette rolling machine, "Adjust-A-Roll" is a waste of plastic and takes a perfectly usefull item and tosses it onto the "Junk Heap", what a waste of time, effort and money.

Republic Tobacco Lp, Top BrandTerrible quality

I purchased a 3oz bag of "top" premium cigarette tobacco - menthol. The tobacco is overly dry, and had many stems and alot of very fine (dust like) particles. It was difficult to use in the cigarette machine. The worst of all, there was absolutely no menthol to this product at all, not even a smell of menthol. The taste was down right horrible like stale and maybe a few months overly old. I will never by this product ever again. I can't see how a person would want this. Yuck.

Republic TobaccoStay away

Yes, we know this, however, smokers will try nearly anything to quit, save money, change and try to fit in. That is how we came to be. Many smokers started because they were unaccepted. Guess what, they still are. Unhealthy, smelly, grumpy, so go ahead, kick them while they are down. An addict is an addict.

I've been told the roll your own have less chemicals and would be easier to step off from, great. A ray of hope, so I bought a $50 machine and supplies, only find, it does not work. The store, nor the manufacture of Top O Matic will refund the money.

Listen up naughty smokers, don't be suckered. The company wants your money, they don't care for you anymore than the rest of the world.

Republic Tobacco L. O.Gambler machine

This could be a good product if key parts where made from steel instead of cheap plastic. The machine is made in china so installing good parts would not drive up the cost. If this were my company I would make a better machine, it just to have a better reputaion.

• Lo
                  Lori Drake Feb 03, 2011

My feelings also.I have been rolling for a little over a year, started out with the gamble roller. About the first 3 I bought lasted about 3 months then the next one broke after 1 pack and a half. Then I went to buying 2 different types of roolers and didnt like them as much. So I bought another gamble and that lasted not Quite a month. This last one I bought lasted a week. Am going to try and get parts to replce the same part that keeps breaking -the injector. I have 8 broken machines...Lori Drake

Republic Tobacco — Less product for same price

I recently bought 3 pouches of drum tobacco and the first thing I saw was they changed the bag . Not a big...

Republic Tobaccoinferior product

i've been a dedicated TOP tobacco user for 11 years. The papers that come with your product don't fit into the rolling machine I have. Where can I find papers that fit. Where can i find sleeves for the roller that won't stretch out. I roll between 500 and 1000 cigarettes per wk and the cost of supplies is killing me

• Ti
                    time to quit Nov 25, 2011

oo Sorry it was top regular brand

• Ti
                    time to quit Nov 25, 2011

It's bad enough we are dieing from smoking tobacco already but now i just found feathers ground up in the new bag i just bought and half way through the bag i noticed that's the bad part. just in case the bar code is [protected]

Republic Tobacco / Tube Cut Tob.Poor Quality/Fire Danger

Gambler tube cut tobacco has been puffed up. Now it smokes faster and results in costing more. It side burns. There is more loose tobacco than ever b-4. It rolls terrible. The loose tobacco when burning falls off and burns the carpet. I have burnt holes in five shirts now. The resealabe bag should be renamed UN-SEALABLE. I hope a class action lawsuit is stared and I will be the second in line. This is dispicable and downrite un-american. I've changed tobaccos because of this.

• Gr
                      GrincheyOne Apr 29, 2016

$12.95 for 3 Oz. of some very rough cut and dry produce, vs $6.95 for 6 Oz of a competitor product that is dry and very "dirty" also. Both either over fill or under fill the tubes.

Comments

• Jb
                      J Beveridge Nov 21, 2013

The 3 ounce bags are stale and very very dry it`s like rolling sawdust and falls out of cigarettes. On the bags at top where you open it reads GUARANTEED FRESH, but it isn`t FRESH. I think if you are going to say Guaranteed Fresh then it should be FRESH not like sawdust. Tobacco is expensive & now I`m out my Money & Tobacco. Guaranteed Fresh Yeah Right!!!

• Ha
                      Hank N Jan 19, 2011

I agree with the poor quality of this product: burns fast, and there is too much junk in product. I also want to register a complaint about the 8oz bag I bought on Dec 22, 2010: I purchased a bag of regular tube cut that turned out to be tainted with menthol, which I can not stand, and have not been able to report this to Republic. Started using their product a year ago due to the new chemicals and non burning of the brand I smoked for years. Can anyone tell me how to contact this company.

• Fr
                      fred robbins Dec 08, 2009

I agree they load bad burn bad and i find burn marks from tubes. i went through the comforters becuse of burns holes . it was a lot better before they changed to tube cut now i think their products went up in smoke. i am trying other product to get away from gambler till things change

• Ih
                      i_H8_dumb4sses Nov 24, 2009

I totally disagree. the only time i have a problem with gambler tube cut tobacco is when the tobacco gets dry then it not only clogs up my machine and it burns fast as well. but for all of you idots out there if it drys out dont you know to put an orange peel or a lemon peel in it then its fine again. Face it you cant beat the price of the tobacco and i will stay with them until they sell there tobacco to dry or the price goes up.

• Di
                      dinol Jul 27, 2009

i agree aswell.. i have been using gambler for a few years. now the tube cut. i bought like 4 bags. Only cause they stopped selling the red bag full flavor... big mistake.. too much stems and scrap are in the bag.. it sticks to my maching aswell i use a premier .. i think im going to swtitch over to TOP tobacco.. gambler now sucks!

• Bo
                      BonahMyte Jul 07, 2009

I agree about everything wrong with the new tube cut tocrappo. My take on it is this, and this is also to the person above that thinks its because the care about us people. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE ONLY THE MONEY! want to know how I know? Easy. Its hard to find anything other then that which means if you want Gambler, you have to get the tube cut. The tube cut obviously was made to go through fast. You get less in a bag, and about 5 to 10 drags per smoke. Depending on how much tobacco is used. Meaning you go through it faster. So you get a smaller bag and go through it two to three times faster equals more money in their pockets. I personally think its just a ploy. Granted killing of a cigarette that fast will give me a nicotine buzz, but Ill get a craving in half the time of what I normally would. Its ridiculous. Instead of wasting time and money to find something better Ill just quit. Which can be a good thing. However, since the taxes on tobacco, and now the fact that certain companies are out to screw the smokers because of it, more people will quit. Good thing? Yes, healthwise. Economy wise. Lets just say America's economy wont be getting better any time soon. Smart idea to ruin something that is such a big part of the economy

Chicago Deb Jun 29, 2009

I have been rolling my own for the past 6-7 years and have tried every kind of tobacco out there before I chose Gambler as my regular. I haven't tried the tube-cut yet but I understand what all these tobacco companies are doing, including Gambler. After the tax increase many tobacco businesses closed-up shop completely. Those that stayed open had choices to make. Those choices were; do they just leave everything the way its been and accept the high tax or find a way to make tobacco affordable again for those that still want to pay the price. I believe the tobacco companies that chose that option are the ones that care about their customers. This brings us to Gamblers new tube-cut, if you don't like something about it LET THEM KNOW!, then they can make changes so that the things wrong can be fixed. I'm glad there are still companies out there that will try to make changes so we (the smokers) can afford to smoke. I'm going to buy Gamblers tube-cut and what I don't like about it I'm definetly gonna let them know about.

• Jp
                      JPuls Jun 13, 2009

Try looking for Cheyenne tobacco. They sell in one pound bags.

• Me
                      megacof Jun 13, 2009

Agreed, I do not know what gambler is thinking but tube cut tobacco is horrible, and I cannot find any of the normal bigger bags of gambler anywhere, This tube cut burns faster, and does everything you have stated, bad thing is I can't find any other big bags of tobacco, everyone sells this ###.

American Blend Gambler Tobacco/Republic Tobacco L.P. — Poor quality/Decrease in tobacco

I have been purchasing American Blend Gambler Tobacco for 2 years now and I have noticed that lately the...

Republic / Top Tobaccopoor product

i purchased what i belive to be a sub-standard package of top tobacco. has the taste of chemical here is the upc code [protected]. hopefully it's not dangerous i'm throwing it out! just thought someone should know it's not the normal product. probably packaged the turn of [protected]

• Rs
                        rs tipton Apr 15, 2009

I have recently had a run in with republic tobacco over its chinese made top rolling machine that broke after 1 week of use..I also have the same complaint with dried out crappy tobacco from this company

if youre reading this please e mail meat

[email protected]

I am gathering support for a formal complaint against the company and need to know how many others feel the same way I do (will be publishing ads and using the stories on a radio show I work for)

I work for a radio show out of LA and am willing to publicly trash Republic Tobacco on air...and take the fallout

so anyone reading this please e mail me with your complaints I will make Sure hey get heard

Thanks for your time

RS Tipton

• Za
                        Zar Apr 03, 2009

Yep I was wondering that myself. Tastes harshHot.. Smells worse..

Republic Tobacco L. P. — BAD Quality

I have been using your "Gambler Light" for about 3 years now and have noticed in the last few months the...

Republic Tobacco / Top Tobacco CanSeverely Dry Tobacco

I've been purchasing your product for several years and the last 5 new, just opened Cans I've bought have been severely dry. I will continue to by Cans of tobacco, just not Top brand if this problem isn't resolved. A free FRESH can would be greatly appreciated. pobox48, 84530. Thank you for your time.

• Da
                          Dawn Apr 28, 2009

I have the same complaint. Using this tobacco for years and will find a new brand if this is not corrected soon.
                          The taste is compromised and rolling is impossible.

Dawn, [email protected]

Republic Tobacco Lp / Gambler Filter Tubes — defective cigarette tubes

The cigarette filter tubes in the Gambler 100's brand have no adhesive on half of the paper sleeve...

Republic Tobacco — New top rolling machine

The new roller that adjusts is worthless as tits on a bore hog. Why change something that works with a peace...

Republic Tobacco LpQuality Control is terrible

I have used Tops Cigarette Tobacco to roll my own cigarettes for awhile then was buying cigarettes by the pack. They are now too expensive so I went back to roll my own.

I just bought a 3/4 oz box of Tops Tobacco from Republic Tobacco LP and it was terrible. I wasn't even close to a third of the bag and was pulling out chuncks of stems that stuck my fingers over 1 inch long and a quarter inch wide!! I pulled at least 10 of these out of the package. Heaven knows what is in the rest of it.

Do they not have any quality control at all over what goes in these bags?

I bought a big 32 ounce bag of another brand and in that whole bag I never found one stem.

If they want to keep their customers they need to improve what goes in the bag! I mean if I can get that much stuff out of a 3/4 oz bag and not even be through half of it... that is really really bad!

• Re
                            Reviewer20659 Feb 28, 2016

bought 3 large bags (16 oz) each, all 3 bags full of large stems and hard to use in my Top O Matic, each bag had at least one third of nothing but shake that I had to throw away. I am very upset about this. Will not buy anything made by this company anymore.

• Ko
                            koochie Apr 04, 2011

i bought a 12 oz of mellow large pipe tobacoo and half of it was so fine i could not use it. This is the second bag i bought like this. I am not satisfied with this brand. For the amount it cost i am not getting what it is worth. upc# [protected]

becky humphries

Republic Tobacco L. P. — Nasty stuff

Drum Halfzware shag rolling tobacco is perhaps the worst quality of its kind I have ever encountered. Beside...