Complaints & Reviews

inferior product

i've been a dedicated TOP tobacco user for 11 years. The papers that come with your product don't fit into the rolling machine I have. Where can I find papers that fit. Where can i find sleeves for the roller that won't stretch out. I roll between 500 and 1000 cigarettes per wk and the cost of supplies is killing me

• Ti
    time to quit Nov 25, 2011

It's bad enough we are dieing from smoking tobacco already but now i just found feathers ground up in the new bag i just bought and half way through the bag i noticed that's the bad part. just in case the bar code is 7717046537

• Ti
    time to quit Nov 25, 2011

oo Sorry it was top regular brand

Poor Quality/Fire Danger

Gambler tube cut tobacco has been puffed up. Now it smokes faster and results in costing more. It side burns. There is more loose tobacco than ever b-4. It rolls terrible. The loose tobacco when burning falls off and burns the carpet. I have burnt holes in five shirts now. The resealabe bag should be renamed UN-SEALABLE. I hope a class action lawsuit is stared and I will be the second in line. This is dispicable and downrite un-american. I've changed tobaccos because of this.

• Me
    megacof Jun 13, 2009

Agreed, I do not know what gambler is thinking but tube cut tobacco is horrible, and I cannot find any of the normal bigger bags of gambler anywhere, This tube cut burns faster, and does everything you have stated, bad thing is I can't find any other big bags of tobacco, everyone sells this ###.

• Jp
    JPuls Jun 13, 2009

Try looking for Cheyenne tobacco. They sell in one pound bags.

Chicago Deb Jun 29, 2009

I have been rolling my own for the past 6-7 years and have tried every kind of tobacco out there before I chose Gambler as my regular. I haven't tried the tube-cut yet but I understand what all these tobacco companies are doing, including Gambler. After the tax increase many tobacco businesses closed-up shop completely. Those that stayed open had choices to make. Those choices were; do they just leave everything the way its been and accept the high tax or find a way to make tobacco affordable again for those that still want to pay the price. I believe the tobacco companies that chose that option are the ones that care about their customers. This brings us to Gamblers new tube-cut, if you don't like something about it LET THEM KNOW!, then they can make changes so that the things wrong can be fixed. I'm glad there are still companies out there that will try to make changes so we (the smokers) can afford to smoke. I'm going to buy Gamblers tube-cut and what I don't like about it I'm definetly gonna let them know about.

• Bo
    BonahMyte Jul 07, 2009

I agree about everything wrong with the new tube cut tocrappo. My take on it is this, and this is also to the person above that thinks its because the care about us people. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE ONLY THE MONEY! want to know how I know? Easy. Its hard to find anything other then that which means if you want Gambler, you have to get the tube cut. The tube cut obviously was made to go through fast. You get less in a bag, and about 5 to 10 drags per smoke. Depending on how much tobacco is used. Meaning you go through it faster. So you get a smaller bag and go through it two to three times faster equals more money in their pockets. I personally think its just a ploy. Granted killing of a cigarette that fast will give me a nicotine buzz, but Ill get a craving in half the time of what I normally would. Its ridiculous. Instead of wasting time and money to find something better Ill just quit. Which can be a good thing. However, since the taxes on tobacco, and now the fact that certain companies are out to screw the smokers because of it, more people will quit. Good thing? Yes, healthwise. Economy wise. Lets just say America's economy wont be getting better any time soon. Smart idea to ruin something that is such a big part of the economy

• Di
    dinol Jul 27, 2009

i agree aswell.. i have been using gambler for a few years. now the tube cut. i bought like 4 bags. Only cause they stopped selling the red bag full flavor... big mistake.. too much stems and scrap are in the bag.. it sticks to my maching aswell i use a premier .. i think im going to swtitch over to TOP tobacco.. gambler now sucks!

• Ih
    i_H8_dumb4sses Nov 24, 2009

I totally disagree. the only time i have a problem with gambler tube cut tobacco is when the tobacco gets dry then it not only clogs up my machine and it burns fast as well. but for all of you idots out there if it drys out dont you know to put an orange peel or a lemon peel in it then its fine again. Face it you cant beat the price of the tobacco and i will stay with them until they sell there tobacco to dry or the price goes up.

• Fr
    fred robbins Dec 08, 2009

I agree they load bad burn bad and i find burn marks from tubes. i went through the comforters becuse of burns holes . it was a lot better before they changed to tube cut now i think their products went up in smoke. i am trying other product to get away from gambler till things change

• Ha
    Hank N Jan 19, 2011

I agree with the poor quality of this product: burns fast, and there is too much junk in product. I also want to register a complaint about the 8oz bag I bought on Dec 22, 2010: I purchased a bag of regular tube cut that turned out to be tainted with menthol, which I can not stand, and have not been able to report this to Republic. Started using their product a year ago due to the new chemicals and non burning of the brand I smoked for years. Can anyone tell me how to contact this company.

• Jb
    J Beveridge Nov 21, 2013

The 3 ounce bags are stale and very very dry it`s like rolling sawdust and falls out of cigarettes. On the bags at top where you open it reads GUARANTEED FRESH, but it isn`t FRESH. I think if you are going to say Guaranteed Fresh then it should be FRESH not like sawdust. Tobacco is expensive & now I`m out my Money & Tobacco. Guaranteed Fresh Yeah Right!!!

• Gr
    GrincheyOne Apr 29, 2016

$12.95 for 3 Oz. of some very rough cut and dry produce, vs $6.95 for 6 Oz of a competitor product that is dry and very "dirty" also. Both either over fill or under fill the tubes.

Poor quality/Decrease in tobacco

I have been purchasing American Blend Gambler Tobacco for 2 years now and I have noticed that lately the...

poor product

i purchased what i belive to be a sub-standard package of top tobacco. has the taste of chemical here is the upc code [protected]. hopefully it's not dangerous i'm throwing it out! just thought someone should know it's not the normal product. probably packaged the turn of [protected]

• Za
    Zar Apr 03, 2009

Yep I was wondering that myself. Tastes harshHot.. Smells worse..

• Rs
    rs tipton Apr 15, 2009

I have recently had a run in with republic tobacco over its chinese made top rolling machine that broke after 1 week of use..I also have the same complaint with dried out crappy tobacco from this company

if youre reading this please e mail meat

[email protected]

I am gathering support for a formal complaint against the company and need to know how many others feel the same way I do (will be publishing ads and using the stories on a radio show I work for)

I work for a radio show out of LA and am willing to publicly trash Republic Tobacco on air...and take the fallout

so anyone reading this please e mail me with your complaints I will make Sure hey get heard

Thanks for your time

RS Tipton

BAD Quality

I have been using your "Gambler Light" for about 3 years now and have noticed in the last few months the quality has gone to the dogs.Where I used to get about 2 cartons of cigarettes per bag, I now have to push it to get ONE.WAY TOO MANY stems, dust, lint and who knows what else.PLEASE, improve your quality control.

• Ro
    roydog Apr 10, 2009

i have 30+tube's left over from 1bag this really isn't saving me much money, and then if u bring in the quality into it.not really worth it at all!!!

Mark Jun 11, 2009

Trying the new Tube Cut tobacco, I have found that its still to wet. Have to open the bag and let the moisture dissapate before I can make any. It clogs the machine, wont go all the way in the tube, and no I'm not using to much tobacco.

• Ke
    kev Jun 16, 2009

I have bought Menthol and there is a lack of the menthol why spend the money on this product if your NOT getting what you payed for??? There is NO born on DATE so when people SELL it your gambling if your going to get OLD<NON-TASTING<<Menthol. Beside that for 28$ per 1LB Bag all you get is This Forum to WARN People NOT to BUY is pretty Lame. If the things continue like this me and my over 100$ habit will go to another name brand and ill make shur your Company is NOT the one who make's it. I feel like you don't even care about what you are pedaling. Last chance for you 6.16.2009 ine week from now if i get old>bad tastein Menthol ill spend the extra buck and you will lose yet another customer then soon the people who work for you will be out of a job cause NO one will buy the crap your trying to say is good< they hav NO faith in your words... [email protected]

• Ks
    KSH68 Oct 14, 2010

I agree with Kev's comment. Stale non-menthol tasting menthol tobacco. So not worth the money...don't waste your time with this product.

• Ju
    Judy Cousino Bridge Jan 29, 2016

I can't use half of the bag because it is so dried out, it makes my cigarettes fall apart (lose the tobacco). Is there nothing You people can do to make better quality tobacco?

• He
    Heidi Smeltzer May 24, 2016

I'm new to rolling, however I think I have a grasp on it now. My first bag of tobacco was Premier Menthol Cigarette Tobacco...Great stuff!! Good menthol taste and the quality of the tobacco is good. Ran out of the Premier so I bought a small pouch of the Gambler Tube Cut Menthol Cigarette Tobacco, which is distributed by Republic Tobacco L.P.. So disappointed...horrible product. Super dry and stale. Hardly any menthol taste. Doesn't roll well at all. The bag says Guaranteed Fresh, however the website listed on the bag is non-accessible (states it is under maintenance). I would not recommend this product to anyone.

• Ta
    Tammi Nishimoto Jul 06, 2018

On July 3rd of 2018 I purchased a 1 1/2 oz bag of tube cut menthol cigarette tobacco and on July 5th of 2018 I rolled up some of that tobacco in the tubes that I purchased and I smoked 1. It was the stalest cigarette I have had since the time I smoked a cigarette that sat in the jail personal belongings for 7 months. On the package it says Freshness Guaranteed, how do you Guarantee the freshness? Am I suppose to go back to the Indian Smoke Colony where I purchased this tobacco, or do you take care of it here somehow? What am I suppose to do? This is how I smoke my cigarettes each and every month cause I am on a fixed Social Security Income and it doesnt allow me for mistakes such as this one, so now I am stuck smoking stale tobacco for a month! My name is Tammi Nishimoto and I live in Reno, Nevada where there is nothing to do but drink, smoke and gamble! I smoke but that is all! Your tobacco makes me want to give up smoking too now!

Severely Dry Tobacco

I've been purchasing your product for several years and the last 5 new, just opened Cans I've bought have been severely dry. I will continue to by Cans of tobacco, just not Top brand if this problem isn't resolved. A free FRESH can would be greatly appreciated. pobox48, 84530. Thank you for your time.

• Da
    Dawn Apr 28, 2009

I have the same complaint. Using this tobacco for years and will find a new brand if this is not corrected soon.
    The taste is compromised and rolling is impossible.

Dawn, [email protected]

defective cigarette tubes

The cigarette filter tubes in the Gambler 100's brand have no adhesive on half of the paper sleeve...

New top rolling machine

The new roller that adjusts is worthless as tits on a bore hog. Why change something that works with a peace of crap. Hell if you need more money raise the price a little i would rather pay a little more for a thing that works than buy a peace of crap and get mad and buy some other brand.

• Br
    Brad Rierson Dec 03, 2008

i agree.. a rolling machine shouldnt break the first month you own it. i have had many problems with it, and have opted to roll without the use of a machine.

• Rs
    rs tipton Apr 15, 2009

if youre reading this please e mail meat

Thanks for your time

RS Tipton

Chill Dude Nov 06, 2009

I've used a couple of machines with great success. The small slide-action Top tube cigarette machine is very inexpensive (less than $5) and has proven very reliable. By squeezing it more or less tightly, you can use tobacco of various moisture content without jamming. I also have the very expensive Premier shift-lever machine, which requires the tobacco to be slightly on the dry side, or it jambs. I'm not sure how you broke yours, but I never had an issue.
    All tobaccos dry out, especially in the winter. They make little humidor disks for that.
    If you're willing to make a such huge deal on the air over such a tiny issue, you may want to adjust your medication rather than grab the microphone.

Quality Control is terrible

I have used Tops Cigarette Tobacco to roll my own cigarettes for awhile then was buying cigarettes by the pack. They are now too expensive so I went back to roll my own.

I just bought a 3/4 oz box of Tops Tobacco from Republic Tobacco LP and it was terrible. I wasn't even close to a third of the bag and was pulling out chuncks of stems that stuck my fingers over 1 inch long and a quarter inch wide!! I pulled at least 10 of these out of the package. Heaven knows what is in the rest of it.

Do they not have any quality control at all over what goes in these bags?

I bought a big 32 ounce bag of another brand and in that whole bag I never found one stem.

If they want to keep their customers they need to improve what goes in the bag! I mean if I can get that much stuff out of a 3/4 oz bag and not even be through half of it... that is really really bad!

• Ko
    koochie Apr 04, 2011

i bought a 12 oz of mellow large pipe tobacoo and half of it was so fine i could not use it. This is the second bag i bought like this. I am not satisfied with this brand. For the amount it cost i am not getting what it is worth. upc# 77170 63381

becky humphries

• Re
    Reviewer20659 Feb 28, 2016

bought 3 large bags (16 oz) each, all 3 bags full of large stems and hard to use in my Top O Matic, each bag had at least one third of nothing but shake that I had to throw away. I am very upset about this. Will not buy anything made by this company anymore.

Nasty stuff

Drum Halfzware shag rolling tobacco is perhaps the worst quality of its kind I have ever encountered. Beside...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices