American Auto ShieldExtended Warranty

K

I purchased an extended warranty from this company which was suppose to cover the transmission and engine. I had to put my truck in the shop due to engine noise and low oil pressure. On the first my truck was at the dealership the service tech performed a diagnostic to find the problem with the engine. One of the lifter arms was broken and suggested to the warranty company to replace the engine because of the mileage. The warranty company did not want to spend the $$$ to replace the engine. During the time my truck was at the dealership waiting on American Auto Shield to send out a inspector to look at my truck I had to get a rental. They will only cover rentals when the truck was actually being repaired not when American Auto Shield was still going through the process of approving the repair. They ONLY approved to replace the 1 lifter arm which cost them 3k. One day after picking up my truck I had to return it because the engine started making noise again and the oil pressure was very low. The extended warranty company was contacted by the service manager at the dealership. American Auto Shield blames me the truck owner stating I should have paid $1600 to get all of the lifter arms replaced at that time. These companies pursue vehicle owners to get your business but do not honor the contract. Needless to say I canceled the contract immediately. For those that think this is a good warranty company I hope you do not have anything happen to your vehicle or any of the parts that supposed to be covered. You will experienced the same thing.

James Wilson Sep 02, 2020

I recently purchased a contract from Car Shield which is sales for American Auto Shield warranty provider.

I put a ticket in and asked how long it takes to process a claim with AAS and waited 5 days with no answer on two tickets I submitted. I called them at the Sales and Obligor telephone numbers and was put on hold until hell freezes over. I finally reached Customer Service and was transferred to Contracts who never answered and I was kicked back to Customer Service. The Rep I talked to didn't know what a ticket was and couldn't provide me information so I asked for someone who knows what tickets are about. She cut me off and hung up on me.

So I called Car Shield Sales back and cancelled my contract with AAS since they are incredible and I would never trust a non-responsive business like this. Raymond processed my cancellation and credited my payment back to my credit card.

I recommend that anyone interested in Extended Warrantys coordinate with their Service Dept and purchase their recommended provider.