ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:6:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

American Auto ShieldWarranty

8/20/21 My car broke down in Dallas. AAA towed me to a City Garage, where the car sat for 10 days. The adjuster finally showed up, started my car and to my surprise was able to drive it around the block. He said nothing was wrong with the car. The mechanic tried to tell him that was not the case. He told the mechanic to flush the transmission, send her on her way and see how she does. I got my car back on a Friday in heavy holiday commute traffic. I am 70 and my home was 80 miles from garage. The car made it 29 miles and as soon as the traffic became gridlock my car had catastrophic transmission failure. I almost got hit several times just trying to coast off the freeway. I've never been more terrified of dying. Now my car has to be towed a second time. The garage sent the adjuster all the data and everything else he has requested, including verification of the AAA tow. The garage and I have been calling several times a day to get this to move forward. The adjuster says he's been out sick or he can't reach the garage or he is still sourcing parts sent and so forth. Finally 5 days ago he gave the garage a verbal approval, getting all of us excited we could just move forward. But as of today he still hasn't sent a written approval, frustrating EVERYONE. We need this to move forward ASAP as I have no other means of transportation. I live in the country, where I cannot get rides back and forth to my doctor. American Auto Shield as far as I am concerned is putting my life at risk with all these delays. I paid for a warranty because I am on a fixed income with little money. I needed assurance that if something happened, I could get taken care of. That is not what is happening.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

American Auto Shield — Extended Warranty

I purchased an extended warranty from this company which was suppose to cover the transmission and engine. I...

ADVERTISIMENT