Complaints & Reviews

banned account

Beware of doing business with Amazon. I've been doing business with them for years and have spent over $10, 000 with them over the last couple of years and out of no where they banned my account and my wife's amazon account because they said I had too many refunds. I find it strange since nowhere in their policies does it say you can only have "X" amount of refunds before they ban you from doing business with them ever again.

It's one thing to ban you from doing business with them but it's a whole other thing to ban you from accessing your digital content that you paid for. Between my account and my wife's account, we had over $500 worth of digital games and software that we are forbidden from ever using again. Not too mention, we no longer have access to any of the receipts for items that are still under warranty.

Once Amazon bans your account you are pretty much out of luck. You cant call because nobody can access your account anymore and you are forced to e-mail the account specialist department which apparently doesn't have phones or names. All they do is send you one of many generic replies thanking you for your cooperation with your account being closed and that's it!

Anyone that loves doing business with Amazon because of their great return policy should think twice before doing business with a company that will ban you out of no where and for a bogus reason. They will not give you any notice so you can salvage what you can before losing your account. You will wake up one morning like I did and receive an Email stating you are no longer welcome to shop with them anymore and your account has been closed for good.

Buyer Beware!!!

Resolved kindle is a piece of junk

The Kindle is marketed everywhere with a 1 year warranty. I got one as a gift that was bought from another...

Resolved irrational & evil

word of advise, never log in from a public computer. they will claim you are attempting fraud. Evidently 10, 000's of ISPs, bank accts & phone # are on a secret hit list that automatically disallows any usage.
Neighbor with Amazon acct, set one up for her mother in iowa. since some of the entry data came form her ISP, Amazon took the stance that she was opening a fraud acct. & not only would not allow her mother to have actt but closed the other one. explanation, since she had an acct, a second one was fraud.
friend of son opened one for girl friend using computer at school -- same result. since he used his cell phone in parents name, his mother's account was also closed out. & since they lived in an apartment, they learned later, that triggered several other with "same address" to also be closed out. at least that seemed to be the trigger.
Are they totally insane or just evil. They will never tell you why either. They are in Canada, so maybe we need a federal ban on them totally.

• Mx
    mxlopix Mar 04, 2012

There is a lot of online fraud and Amazon is just protecting themselves. You are totally nuts if you do personal transactions over a public computer anyway.

• Cr
    Cranial Compression Mar 04, 2012

And people say my cranium is compressed... 3rd party complaint from an uninformed person. BTW - Amazon is an American company.

Resolved getting back on amazon after suspension

Where does Amazon get the nerve suspending sellers with well-establish accounts.Over 3 years I been selling with them with over 60 positive feedback, and one day boom!I receive an email saying That Amazon has suspended my account, and that the decision is final.I can never sell on amazon again.So what was I suppose to do .Its amazons site and they have the right to kick anybody off when ever they like.But I have a family to feed, so am I suppose to let them starve if amazon has been the main source of my money.I would never let that happen.

It took a couple of months before I figured out how to get back on and selling at full speed again covering every angle that amazon looks for.And i been running 3 amazon accounts from the same computer for over 2 years.Never suspended again!This was for the before the books you find on this subject ever came out.A couple of the authors who've put out them get back on Amazon books received most this information from me through private chats with in forums, tho I wont take all the credit.But most stealth accounts coming from them guides, never last more than 3-6 months.Its because the authors fail to tell you key points to making your accounts last, passing amazon seller reveiws.

After you get suspended Amazon's data base logs all of your information that you have ever used with them during your account.IP address, email account, billing address, phone number, and cookies.Now you might say that I can find a way around all of that and Amazon will not be able to Link me.OH Really!So what can you do about your Hardware's mac address they can read.Meaning you cant ever use the same computer again with them, or the Browser fingerprinting they do.

Getting back on amazon is all based on strategy.Once you figure out the strategy you will have lasting accounts.My name is Trey King.I run a service that gets suspended sellers from amazon back up and running with in a day or two.I will walk you through step by step until you are back to selling again .Through my methods there is no way amazon will be able to link you and they are completely ethical and legal.I will show you the cheapest and smoothest strategy to running many amazon stealth accounts from one computer.I've been running 3 sellers account from 1 computer for over 2 years.Never linked, never suspended.How ever I do charge a small fee, nothing back breaking!But trust me it is well worth all the information, guidance, and advice you will receive.I am willing to prove my identity.Add me on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com//profile.php?id=100000250281814, email at [protected]@gmail.com, skype me @ mrworth401.

Fight back against amazon and show them you cant be stopped by their unethical business practices!hkb

• Tk
    tking-is-a-scam Nov 07, 2012

Don't buy services from this guy. His services are around 200$ and he doesn't have any information worth this much money. He just pretends to seem like he is very knowledgeable about stuff, but he is not. His knowledge comes from an e-book called 'Amazon Ghost' which is like 30$. He will skype you and text you the stuff, which is ridiculously slow, it would be easier if he just wrote all the stuff and copied and pasted.
    Again, just save yourself from the trouble and buy Amazon Ghost e-book for 30$ instead of paying this guy 200$ (not negotiable even if you know 90% of his stuff).

• Aa
    aasdasssfsdf Aug 16, 2013

Trey Worth King or MrWorth This guy is a fake, all the information that he will gave you you could find on youtube, i have been stolen from him, i payd, and 1 month later my account was closed, and he said its not my responsability, what a fu.. guy, he suposed that warranty the service, but you dont have to pay everything is online and FREE !!!, i fall on his trap, but now i know. Be aware from this guy: Trey Worth King or MrWorth

• Jv
    jvk76 Jan 14, 2014

This guy does know what he's talking about, yes you could get Amazon Ghost book, but Trey King not only puts it into proper context, he explains why to do it this way. Many, many people can get back on Amazon quick. But they don't stay. One little screw up down the line 6 months later, a year later is what usually does it. If you want to know how Amazon thinks, from someone who actively has helped it least 35 active running Amazon sellers who are honest and going good, talk to him.

But also, don't be afraid to ask the hard questions or have him repeat/rephrase things. Some of the simplest things he teaches, many of us think we know it and we DO NOT.

I was originally banned because my neighbors sold something illegally or fraudulent on Amazon, then one day accidentally typed in my address for delivery of a persona product, and Amazon banned me. At that time, I was making $500-$1, 000 a month and loving it. Then I realized the dark side of Amazon and their own fraud, and there is legal ways to get back on Amazon and Trey helps you do that.

• Ax
    axtron Jul 21, 2014

I would like to start off by saying that Trey King is not a scam! I work very closely with him and he is very knowledgeable.

Both of us are happy to help anyone get back on Amazon, and we not only have the information, but software which we designed to help you get back on Amazon, and manage your Amazon account. The software is now available, just search "Axtron Stealth" and see.

Skype message: qdelectronics Email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Pablo

• Em
    Emma Bryant Sep 12, 2017

Horrible. Support was subpar. Would not be being anything from these people ever again.

Only people I trust is either the sellers off the Aspkin forums or Auction Essistance.

unauthorized charges to credit card

this is a genuine scam, this site amazon.com amzn.com/billwaus charge my credit card with two (2) amount...

Resolved lack of atoz guarantee policy for india

I had purchased sony ercisson speakers ms450 from amazon.com through a seller bestsellstuff based at nj, usa.
The delivery place was hyderabad, india and delivery was expected by january 26, 2011. But the product didn't arrive.
So, when I contacted the seller asking him for the tracking id to check on the usps website, he replied stating :
Bestsellstuff - amazon marketplace [protected]@marketplace. Amazon.com

Jan 28 (7 days ago)

To me
I forget to send out by registered mail, please just wait.
Thanks.

When I reported this to one andreas who is a customer care executive, he said he will file a claim on my behalf.

Next I received a mail today from an amazon executive stating the following
[protected]@amazon.com [protected]@amazon.com

9:01 am (15 hours ago)

To me, payments-mail
Hello from amazon.com.

We are writing to follow up regarding order [protected]. This order was shipped to a country that is not currently supported by amazon's a-to-z guarantee.

Since the destination country is unsupported, we cannot pursue an a-to-z guarantee claim for this order.

For future reference, only buyers who live in the following countries are covered under the amazon a-to-z guarantee for qualified purchases: australia, belgium, brazil, canada, denmark, finland, france, germany, great britain, hong kong, iceland, ireland, italy, japan, republic of korea, mexico, netherlands, new zealand, northern ireland, norway, portugal, scotland, south africa, spain, sweden, switzerland, the united kingdom, and the united states. (Including u. S. Protectorates, e. G. Puerto rico, u. S. Virgin islands, guam, american samoa, apo/fpo, etc.).

For more information on ordering from outside the united states, please see:

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and for shopping with amazon.com.

Priyanka pralhad
Account specialist
A-to-z guarantee program

Complaint 1- why is amazon having sellers with such low credibility who charge postal charges on the deal and then send the mail through un-registered post.
In such an event, we don't even know whether the seller had shipped the product.

Complaint 2- why is amazon having india outside it's atoz guarantee policy.
Is it because consumer laws are weak here in india, unlike in us where the consumer can sue the giant for millions of dollars.
Amazon has plenty of development offices and customer care (Bpo) offices here in india, but never felt india important enough to provide the atoz guarantee policy. Such high handed arrogance.

Complaint 3- if at all amazon didn't have a guarantee policy for india, the warning should be shown in a simple sentence in bold letters at the order checkout that money refund is not there for indian customer or when at the time that I had selected my shipping address and billing address as india. That would have made me to drop my plans to shop on their site.
But having such information in one corner of their website will not attract the consumer's attention. It clearly shows amazon's sloppy behavior towards the international consumers.

Amazon, you will slowly go bankrupt with such functioning even if for time being the consumers are ignorant of your attitude towards them.

Thanks

Unauthorized charges

I received fraudulently ordered package in my mail. When I checked my online bank account I found out that they charged me 4 times for total amount of $35.47. Stay away from these thieves!

• Gl
    Gladys Sonja Stalions Aug 15, 2018

I do not think the company should be allowed to automatically offer a free trial for the above. As a new owner, I thought it was part of the package, but later found out I needed to unsubcribe from the service or be charged a monthly fee of $14.95. I plan to contact the company via their .com address, but think Amazon needs to be aware of this.

• Is
    Isabel Silva Jan 22, 2019

I need to return echo, I received 2 for Xmas. Need phone number or return information. I have 2 items to return. Thank you, Isabel silva

Resolved lack of customer service

This is a copy of the email that I sent to their customer support department and it outlines all the issues I have with them.

Amazon Support,

I am writing to inform you how disappointed I am with the service I am receiving from Amazon.

I began having problems a month ago when I sold a laptop on Amazon. Under the seller comments/condition details area, I listed that the laptop was sold with no hard drive due to security issues. A buyer purchased the laptop and then when it was received he pulled some page out of thin air and said I owed him a hard drive and that Amazon had told him that I was required to either send the drive or do the return. Before I could even respond he left negative feedback and he lied in the feedback. I contacted Amazon and was told there was nothing I could do and that someone would contact me to help resolve this. On a second contact to support I was told to have the buyer remove the feedback. So far in this incident Amazon has sided with the buyer even though he lied and did not read the details and now has said that this is all my problem and fault. By the end of the whole ordeal I had sold the buyer the laptop at a discount of 50% (retail was suggested $500, he paid $250), I had sent the buyer a FREE 320GB hard drive and OS restore disc to avoid negative consequences from amazon, even though I did not mislead the buyer.

The second incident was during 12/2011. I sold a handheld device to a buyer. Shortly after it shipped I received the following email, this is the exact email verbatim. The email read "is the tem in good shape does it have the box and cables is there any dammage to it is it functional -wyatt [e-mail address removed]". At no point in this email is the unit stated to be damaged, at least if it is stated it's not stated in clear plain English. This seller all of a sudden decides to leave negative feedback even though he never once asked for a refund or informed me the device was damaged. I called customer support on 12/20/2011 and after beginning the call with a rude representative she hung up on me.

Resolved additional costs incurred on my behalf by amazon

1st complaint:
Placed an order with amazon.co.uk (done this dozens of times over the past +/- 6 years) which qualified for free super saver free super saver delivery to south africa.
Amazon decided to change their method of delivery to south africa. instead of the post office they used ups to deliver my parcel. the fact that ups levy a disbursement fee did not seem to be a problem for amazon as i was the one who was going to have to pay it when i took delivery of my parcel which qualified for free super saver delivery.
I immediately contacted amazon on the morning of 13/12/2011. i received a mail informing me that the applicable department in amazon had initiated an investigation with ups and would resolve the issue within 5 working days. on the 19/12/2011 i enquired re the progress as it was now the 5th day. received a mail back today informing me that resolution had been promised by the 23/12/2011 and they were doing their utmost to resolve my problem. i would think that amazon spending my money without my permission would be their problem not mine!!! by the 23/12/2011 it will be 9 working days since i fisrt contacted amazon.

• Kl
    Klimek Jun 03, 2016

This is a beggar’s brand. They should be sitting on the roadside and begging or looting people instead of sitting inside AC glass rooms. I bought a pair of shoe from the Meenakshi Mall Reebok showroom which costs Rs. 2500/- (sale price) whereas in other retails the same shoe i saw later is priced 1799/- .. What a fraud !!. Well my problem is that i have a flat feet and since the shoe is also flat bottomed is causing pain in my feet. I did not wear it outside, tried at home. The shoe was intact. They refused to exchange telling go for the next size. What would i do with the next size when i’m uncomfortable wearing it? The salesmen were all giggling saying we can’t do anything about it.

The area sales manager acted too pricey telling how great a favor he was doing to me by just listening to me without any soln to the problem. I did not know my first experience at Reebok will be this bitter. No cust care no. None to address yr problem. I was ready to buy two shoes in exchange of that. But they refused point blank. They asked me who asked u to buy without checking? I wonder if their is any other retail in India so rude and insensitive as this one. They are cheat.

seller complaint

Dear reader of this email
This email is a attempt to gather people that have been messed over by Amazon. Had there funds held for 30 to 90 days. That keep you from restocking your goods to sell and fill orders.
Or if you have bout something that was broken or no good and never got a refund.

I have contacted a law firm from Clarksville.
That may take this case against Amazon if I gather enough people to take them on.
If you get enough people you can topple even the digest beast. I million strong and we can make things happen. It is time to fight these beast.

All them rip-off cons and scams. Steeling is a crime!! and they are getting away with it!!!
Its time to make them pay!!

Just email me and say count me in..
[protected]@yahoo.com
Please pass this email on.
Babylon will burn.

• Di
    dia3766 Dec 04, 2011

they would only hold the money if there was a problem, i have sold stuff off of amazon before and never had my money held

• English Ian Dec 04, 2011

Bloodclot son's of ###... sympathy to you but don't waste yr energy any more... move on, pedro

• At
    At _Your_ Service Dec 04, 2011

Well I don't know much about Oldtimer, but I can tell you that Venice is no day at the beach. I think a lot of members are deceived into thinking that she is a very like-minded person. In reality it's more like she is a "selectively" like-minded person. She is often rude to those that are not in that selective circle. I think she fits the cyber-bully category perfectly. Being very popular on the site gives her more ammunition in confrontations. She'll also join in when lessor known members are attacked. Usually she'll type the users name followed by a +1 or 10. That's my3cents.

• Ra
    rastamike Dec 05, 2011

$1, 500 to much to let go. i gonna burn dem rass

Comments
    Comments

• Re
    Reviewer76436 Oct 22, 2015

See the profile of a crazy product-reviewer "maggs" who is someone's dirty mistress and whom amazon.co.uk dearly protects by not taking away her clearly abusive and false reviews posted under her paranoid peaks: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile/A1SXVBBBNRTKAP/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp

Amazon Prime=Scam.

I was looking to purchase three specific items on Amazon, and someone told me about the free shipping with...

Resolved incorrect refund

Here is my online chat with Customer Service. In all of my conversations, Customer Service has proved totally incompetent and barely literate.

Me:Hi,
Here is the issue I have. I bought this order as a gift.
The gift recepient returned the gift following the gift return instructions and included his Return Authorization in the return package.
Instead of e-mailing him a gift card, Amazon sent me a notification yesterday that a refund will be issued to my old credit card. Since I made this purchase I have cancelled this credit card and will not receive any refund.
Furthermore, this is a direct breach of Amazon's gift return polcy.
I called and emailed Amazon a couple of times yesterday requesting that you cancel the planned refund and issue a gift card to the gift recepient. Since I have not received a reply, I want to ask you about the status of my request. Please let me know.

Reena:Hello, my name is Reena . I'll be happy to help you today.

Me:Thank you.

Reena:You are welcome. Please allow me few moments.
If you card is cancel then please contact the bank you will receive the refund in from of check.

Me:I cannot do that. The bank is in Korea. They don't speak any English and have no English phone line.
Why can't you just cancel the refund? It has not been issued yet.

Reena:Oh I am sorry.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I look into the matter?

Me:Sure.

Reena:Sorry to keep you waiting.

Me:No problem

Reena:Thank you.
In this case please wait for 3 days and if you don't get the money, I will make a follow up and escalate it to our billing team.

Me: Are you sure there is nothing you can do now? After all, it is Amazon's fault for not issuing the gift card, and now I am stuck with having to deal with months of bureaucracy at the Korean bank.

Reena:I am sorry this order is not gift marked that is why the amount refund on your card.

Me:Yes, it is gift marked.

Reena:I am sorry I can see that. Please wait for three day I will escalate it to our billing team.

Me:Is it possible to send my request to the billing team now? Perhaps they can cancel the planned refund.
Maybe they have phone number I can call?

Reena:Billing team is an internal support team.

Me:I see. That doesn't seam right. Anyway, thanks for your help. Bye.

Reena:You are welcome.

merchant abuse

I am an Amazon.com Merchant and sold my Apple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODEL on August 15, 2011 to a customer in New York. The ipod is in mint condition and the description clearly states that in my listing. I insured it and made sure the customer got it as soon as possible. Two days later Aug 17, 2011 she receives the ipod and automatically files a complaint stating the ipod is not as described and was hoping to get a discount. We refused to comply and told her to return it. She mails it out first class with a tracking number. After 3-4 days we find out the address she shipped it out to, was the wrong address (sounds like it was done on PURPOSE. We contacted amazon.com several times and they kept reiterating: "Guarantee reimbursement is not intended to serve as a normal method of seller
refunds. It is the responsibility of the seller to work with their buyers to
resolve differences. Sellers should respond to buyer contacts and make every
effort to address customer problems."
So in other words the merchant (seller) has no protection and is basically screwed. The buyer has an A-Z protection so what about the seller?!! Does this mean that the customer will get away with practically keeping my ipod ($279.00) and amazon is allowing such illegal activity? According to the law here in the USA, that is called THEFT and amazon is allowing her to get away with THEFT. The customer failed to deliver the ipod to the right address therefore she will get the ipod back and most likely keep it. I doubt she will return it again (probably to the wrong address if she decides to send it out again) once it gets back to her. We have contacted both parties (amazon and the customer) as amazon suggested but we keep getting the same response. So if the seller adds insurance to a sold product wouldn't it be fair to insure the returned product. Tit for tat? Amazon.com needs to create two new policies: A buyer protection plan stating mandatory insurance on high priced returns between the buyer and seller. Being a merchant makes me a Amazon.com customer since they get my commission everytime I sell something therefore it is only fair to return the favor with somekind of merchant (amazon's customer) protection plan covering whatever reason such as a damaged return, purposely or accidently shipping to the wrong address ect. The title Amazon.com employees carry is Seller support….far from supporting the seller mind you.

• Gb
    gbean425 Jan 10, 2012

The exact same thing happened to me today. I luckily caught it before I was out any money because I cancelled another order i had. But this is faud in the purest terms. I would like to see Amazon investigated. If a customer is refunded their money they should return the merchandise point blank!

Carmelina Spinelli Jan 11, 2012

Yes I do agree!!!

Carl Jamison Jan 11, 2012

That is a ridiculous suggestion heath2011. Videos and pics can be edited, tampered with, falsified, time stamp changed, you name it. A video would prove nothing.

Carmelina Spinelli Jan 11, 2012

So very true Carl !!!

bad seller treatment

I sell items on Amazon.com and have made Amazon.com close to 500 dollars every week just on commision since when you sell items on their website they take a certain percentage of the amount. I have had great comments throughout selling and a buyer claims that he did not receive the item that he bought and I responded to every question that the buyer asked . I the seller even offered to send another product (same product), But denied any deal . I sent Amazon.com proof of these statements and conversations. In one year I make Amazon.com close to 12, 000 dollars a year and this guy has 0% of satifaction from sellers' and buyers' since it publicatley stated next to their name. Amazon.com stated that I did not show any evidence of me shipping the item, So they will take that amount out of my bank account. So sellers' out their beware of this company this company can not make smart decisions and it's very very sad cause everytime I had a problem in the past with this company it's like dealing with little kids with jobs you know and I don't want anyone to go through this because this buyer can receive the item and claim that he didn't and receive their money back so you basically give them the item for free.

Resolved account closed right after my trade-ins are accepted and processed.

I have been a loyal shopper to Amazon.com for years now and I enjoy shopping at Amazon.com.
I have Amazon prime as well and I just got approved for Amazon credit card after I got suspended (kinda makes no sense).
Let me first clarify: I had NOT bought any big ticket items, nor have I returned anything excessive or expensive.
For the past few months for example, I had spent over $2000 on amazon.com alone, and I only had 2 returns, one for a defective item that costs $10, and another for a wrong item sent to me that costs $28 (approx).
If you look at the math, my return rate, if anything, is about 2% of what I bought.

I am moving in 2 weeks and I had started packing up everything. I noticed I had a lot of used games, old textbooks, old DVDs, etc and Amazon.com had a trade-in program.
I figured I might as well trade them back in to Amazon.com, since it is convenient, shipping is free, and I was gonna shop at Amazon one way or another regardless so Amazon credit will do just fine.
The items were received by Amazon last Friday and yesterday (Monday), and was only processed today for Amazon credit.
I had received 4-5 emails regarding my trade-in, with the last email sent at 1pm sharp.
Within 12 minutes, I received another email from amazon (pasted below) that my account is suspended.
There is completely zero basis unless you want to count trade-ins as returns. If so, they should have said and I would have never traded anything in. I would have just sold it on ebay.com or half.com or even amazon.com directly myself.

Another problem that I could think of was a problem with shipping for one of the packages that was resolved by the UPS. I had purchased a Macbook Air and the UPS guy had misplaced the package. Eventually the package was found and everything was good. I had contacted Amazon when the package was still missing, but did not file for a claim for any replacement or refund. I did not bother updating them about the situation either since the package was found and everything was OK and also because of the fact that a claim wasn't filed to start with.

Other than that, I do NOT have any returns/replacements at all. I had talked to Customer Service a few times for late shipments and once they gave me a $5 Amazon credit because it was grossly late (by 2 weeks).
I cannot think of anything else that is acting negatively onto my account that has caused such an action.

I had emailed Amazon Account Specialist department and had no reply as of yet but am not expecting any till 1-2 days later since that is the time frame it takes I was told.
I had called Amazon many times at their corporate location, talked to their Customer Service Department, their "escalated" customer service Department (Search & Rescue is what it is called), and attempted to talk to their Executive customer Relations department but to no avail.
I had sent emails to other departments too including their Executive Customer Relations (ECR) and am awaiting reply.

It looks very dubious to suspend me right after my items are processed for Amazon credit.
Now I can't access the credit and they won't refund according to their policy.
They won't send the items back to me either.

Some facts about me:
My purchases are mostly small ticket items, such as for dog supplies, printer ink, textbooks, camera accessories, small electronics, skincare products, surge protector, power cords, home and gardening items, and 1 computer laptop.
I had not returned anything expensive this year.
Last year August I returned a set of speakers ($800) because it was defective/damaged. Subwoofer had a big crack like someone hammered it.
Other than that, nothing else.

EMAIL AMAZON SENT ME:

Hello,

A careful review of your account indicates that you've requested refunds and replacements on a majority of your orders for a variety of reasons.

In the normal course of business, we expect there may be occasional problems. However, the rate at which such problems have occurred on your account is extraordinary, and it cannot continue. Effective immediately, your Amazon.com account is closed, and you will no longer be able to shop in our store.

All other accounts related to yours have also been closed. If you were to open a new account, it would also be closed. We will not accept the return of any additional orders placed under a new account, and we won't issue further refunds for those orders. We appreciate your cooperation.

If you’re a Kindle customer, you'll still be able to purchase Kindle content and access the “Manage Your Kindle” services for your account.

Going forward, any questions must be directed to [protected]@amazon.com. Please do not contact Amazon's Customer Service department, as they will no longer be able to assist you.

Best regards,

Account Specialist

Resolved amazon/trs scam

I made a purchase at Amazon.com. I accidently selected a closed bank accout that I had configured on Amazons site. Amazon shipped the item before the check was posted. The bank of coarse denied the check because the account was closed. There was no communication from Amazon or TRS that there was a problem. I found out a week later when I tried to write a check and it was refused. I contacted Telecheck and found out what I had done then emediatly contacted Amazon to fix the mess. Several email later Amazon said they could do nothing to fix this and I would have to work with the collections agency that contract with TRS which affiliated with Telecheck. I called Telecheck and they show checks on that closed account a approved.

Do not trust Amazon.com to communicate with you when there is a payment problem. They will sic their dogs from TRS on you and kill your ability to write checks

Resolved double charged with no refund

About three months ago I ordered my boyfriend's birthday gift worth £50.45 with amazon. I was given an estimated arrival date and had confirmation it had been shipped to my address. However, a few days later I recieved an email stating that there was a mistake with the despatch department and that my item wasn't actually in stock. I would therefore be refunded so I odered his present from another site.

After checking my bank details a couple of weeks later, I noticed that amazon had not given me my refund, but charged me twice for the item I wasnt recieveing. This then came to £100.95 so I decided to call the complaints number. However, amazon's employees insisted this was the banks error (which my bank denied claiming it was impossible). Amazon refused to refund me as it was showing up on their computer screen that I had been refunded (the error was not processed.)

I could understand that without evidence why they were not going to refund me anything. My bank sent amazon two signed documents stating I have not been refunded, and my bank manager was also kind enough to call different departments which I, as a customer, has no means of contacting. This made little difference.

Amazon then decided it still wasn't their fault but frued of the use of my bank card being used online. (I really didnt understand this one..) But again my banks freud department denied this and again, gave evidence.

Customer complaints have sent me to my bank a total of six times in three months, I have called six times to customer services to find I have been put onto another member of staff (which means I go around in circles being given the same excuses) and had three emais with different "solutions" and instructions- oddly enough not one simply said "yes of course we will refund you." I also offered to send my bank statements by fax, email and post but again oddly enough, amazon said this was not possible. Any time I was given a direct email by an individual explaining who to contact next I was unable to email in return, as the reply option was not availbale for that email address! I was not even gievn confirmation that any of my letters from my bank were recieved- I wouldnt be suprised if they were just dumped in the bin!

Isnt it funny though- if I order something my money gets taken out within 3 working days... if i want a refund (exactly the same type of transaction) it takes me three [censored]ing months!!

Im still waiting for amazons next excuse, wonder what it will be this time...

I still have not had any refund. In my opinion amazon are on the same level as scam artists. I have never been treated so bad by any company. Their customer service is uselsss

• Wa
    Wanda Powell Sep 26, 2008

Amazon sent notice that my charge card was in error. I spent a good deal of time trying to contact Amazon to correct the error. My time is valuable as well as theirs. They are charging $50 in fees for the wrong card number. I feel that is excessive and not warrented. Their file contained several old accounts, the system is set up so that when an order is placed you will be charged for an error instead of immediately letting you know there was a problem. To me THAT is FRAUD ON THE PART OF AMAZON!

• Ka
    Kalter Jun 03, 2016

About three months ago I ordered my boyfriend’s birthday gift worth £50.45 with amazon. I was given an estimated arrival date and had confirmation it had been shipped to my address. However, a few days later I received an email stating that there was a mistake with the dispatch department and that my item wasn’t actually in stock. I would therefore be refunded so I ordered his present from another site.

After checking my bank details a couple of weeks later, I noticed that amazon had not given me my refund, but charged me twice for the item I wasn’t receiving. This then came to £100.95 so I decided to call the complaints number. However, amazon’s employees insisted this was the banks error (which my bank denied claiming it was impossible). Amazon refused to refund me as it was showing up on their computer screen that I had been refunded (the error was not processed.)

Amazon then decided it still wasn’t their fault but frued of the use of my bank card being used online. (I really didnt understand this one..) But again my banks freud department denied this and again, gave evidence.

Customer complaints have sent me to my bank a total of six times in three months, I have called six times to customer services to find I have been put onto another member of staff (which means I go around in circles being given the same excuses) and had three emais with different “solutions” and instructions- oddly enough not one simply said “yes of course we will refund you.” I also offered to send my bank statements by fax, email and post but again oddly enough, amazon said this was not possible. Any time I was given a direct email by an individual explaining who to contact next I was unable to email in return, as the reply option was not availbale for that email address! I was not even gievn confirmation that any of my letters from my bank were recieved- I wouldnt be suprised if they were just dumped in the bin!

Isnt it funny though- if I order something my money gets taken out within 3 working days… if i want a refund (exactly the same type of transaction) it takes me three f***ing months!!

Im still waiting for amazons next excuse, wonder what it will be this time…

I still have not had any refund. In my opinion amazon are on the same level as scam artists. I have never been treated so bad by any company. Their customer service is useless.

gift cards

I have a $510 balance from gift cards at Amazon. I wanted to purchase a IPad 2. Amazon doesn't carry them, just their merchants have them. But the cheapest one I can get is $560.00. But Amazon sells Target gift cards. Target also sells the Ipad 2 I want for $499.99. So I thought I would buy a Target gift card purchase it that way. Amazon will not allow you to do that. You cannot use your Amazon gift card balance to purchase gift cards. Cash only. That is not right. If they are going to do that then they shouldn't even have Target gift cards for sale. Basically they are making me spend my gift cards with them to purchase the same IPad for $60 more. So I am basically being robbed of $60 because the refuse to sell me a Target gift card. So I absolutely HATE Amazon. I have talked to customer service for 3 days straight, and they keep saying somebody will call me from the resolution department. Well day 3 here and still no call. So not only do they lie, about trying to help you, they just don't CARE at all.

Resolved service going downhill

Amazon apparently is no longer honoring it's Amazon Prime commitment to ship within two days. Trying to work through customer service has been surprisingly pointless and tedious. No response to my email inquiry. The online chat feature was even more tedious and pointless. Oh, they admit that they aren't sending it as promised, but that's it. Sorry. A wasted 20 minutes on line with someone in India or maybe Pakistan who simply read me what was available online as if that constituted a service. Amazon Prime is no longer prime.

• Oh
    OhWowReally Jun 17, 2011

"To ship within two days" - No, that is not a promise for Amazon Prime members (btw, I am a Prime member as well). The promise is two day shipping, which means once it leaves the warehouse, it will arrive within two days. When a product actually leaves the warehouse is a different story all together. Are you sure the item you ordered was available for immediate shipping? I just purchased a book that said on the page that it takes 10-12 days to ship, but once out the door, it will arrive in two days. Also, are you sure the purchase you made was through Amazon? If you bought it from a third party seller, then that does not qualify you for perks of Prime usage.

complete incompetence/false advertising

Amazon.ca is a terrible company and should be put out of business. I ordered an item on May 2, 2011 and it is now May 28, 2011 and the item has not even shipped yet. Apparently they have had trouble "obtaining" it. They had no problem advertising it as "available" and stating it should be shipped between 3-7 days after I purchased it. They had no problem taking my money without telling me that they had sold me a product they did not even have. When I tried to leave negative feedback about their selling practices their site would not allow me to. Instead everytime I clicked on the feedback option the site kept shuffling me to other feedback options without ever allowing me to leave any. Pathetic. Ratty. Unethical. I can only imagine the kind of people operating like this and being okay with themselves. Pure ###. This company has no liabilty and should be starved out of the market by lack of use. By the way, the item I purchased was the "POST-APOCALYPTIC TRIPLE FEATURE" dvd for $16.99. It is still being advertised by other sellers for $39.96 as available. Do yourself a favour. Don't buy it. Amazon.ca gave me the option of cancelling my order probably in the hopes of jacking up the price when they advertised it again. It's just another way to steal more money from you than they were able to from me.

First and last time customer of ###ed company that has trouble "obtaining" their own items.

• Rv
    R Vincent May 29, 2011

Just wanted to follow up on a complaint I made a little while ago. I read a bunch of other complaints about Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, the two of them obviously being financial butt bodies sharing the same soiled bed. Most of the complaints were about the same thing: this company stealing from people through misrepresentation, underhanded tactics masquerading as professional incompetence, and fraudulent advertising. It's hard to believe that a company as ### as Amazon.com that ###s people over on a regular basis, as though it's the norm and they're just going through the motions, has not had legal repercussions brought against it for its flagrant unscrupulous actions. Is there not some "Better Business Bureau" or government organization monitoring these ###ing ###?! They are supposed to be a legitimate business. How are they allowed to continue to operate with so many complaints brought against them? Is the part of the government that licenses these ###s truly in on it or are they as supremely obliviously stupidly blind to these unethical marketing tactics as they seem to be? Does Amazon.ca not get audited by a Federal Revenue board of some sort? When a business advertises and takes money for an item it does not actually have that is STEALING. When a business charges people's credit cards for absolutely no reason that is blatant STEALING. It doesn't matter if the money is reimbursed. The criminal act has already been committed. Inventing excuses and trying to stall by saying the product is not in or giving phony customer service numbers is a CRIMINAL ACT. This company should not be in business. Any person with a shred of decency knows that proper laws should uphold and protect the integrity of a business transaction for the individual both as a customer and seller and that if a company such as AMAZON.COM or AMAZON.CA is profiting off of the abuse and misrepresentation of these actions without legal consequence then that part of the GOVERNMENT which licenses them, and can prosecute them if given adequate justification, is complicit in the crime if only by allowing them to continue. Furthermore, monetary restitution in the amount of three times the value of what was taken in the fraudulent sale should be the minimal compensation for those victimized by Amazon.com and supporting parties. Remember, people practicing under the claim of a profession without any liability is not a real profession. LIABILITY is THE integral part of a profession. This goes for businesses, organizations, parties and definitely the government which regulates the ethical nature of their activity through the system of law. It is obvious, then, what needs to be done here. It just remains to be seen if anything will be, thus illustrating whether the government and justice system will be profiting with diplomacy or enforcing the much neglected civil liberties which should have been their first priority.

Obvious business crimes passed off as the norm

• Lg
    L Gorman Jul 06, 2016

It is now July 2016 This is the third time Amazon.ca advertised an item as being in stock I bought said item and stated it would be shipped to my home by Friday. Guess What .. I go back to said item Bon 84-499 Drywall Cart with 2 Fixed and 2 Swivel Heavy Duty Casters NOT ONLY did Amazon state it was not in stock ... but they changed the price from 157.00 Which I paid to 555.00 and the other was 515.00 ... EVERY time AMAZON miss prices an item .. they then state sorry this item is out of stock. Would you like to wait? Then you wait .. two months later they cancel the order and you go back and their is your item ... in stock at a higher price ... and the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT IS FINE WITH THAT? Yes Yes they are ... Amazon has way to much power just because they pay taxs to our government and they are a employer. Amazon and our government needs to know our laws .. They advertise an item at a price .. we PAY for it ... this is called a contract .. they can not just get around it by stating it was not in stock and cancelling your order ... but they do .. ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE WANTING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ... we can win if you have the time

• In
    Inyo Jan 11, 2017

All screwed by Amazon.ca please email a detailed email (less tha 2500 words) to [email protected] to have it included in a possible class action type lawsuit against Amazon.ca and vendors being allowed to commit fraudulent acts against customers.

It's time that this company be held accountable for its actions and its employees lose their jobs due to not having the morality to do the right thing.
    This is serious and all complaints received by customers being screwed by Amazon.ca by Mar 1, 2017 will he included In lawsuit.

• Ka
    Kallison Jan 18, 2017

@Inyo I agree if we keep allowing amazon.ca to keep misleading and not being held responsible for their fraudulent behaviour they will continue to rip off the consumer. So glad i read your complaint and i will be e-mailing [email protected]

• Sc
    Scott Goodman Jun 02, 2017

I am having the exact same problem. I ordered an item, a hitch mounted crane by Maxxhaul, at a good price and with free shipping, only to discover that they won't guarantee delivery any time before August and maybe not until October! I got through to their complaint line but all I got was the equivalent of a shrug and "We'll let you know when we get the product and when it will ship." I have already reported this to Global TV's "Consumer Matters" and am hoping to get them to go after Amazon.ca on the air. In the meantime, I am writing to the Better Business Bureau about it as well.